Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
The Dr Strange one was funny when they made fun of Ben Cum’s American man accent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

without predator watch i wouldn't have known that danny glover was given an old pirate gun from jack sparrow

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
The crimes of grinblewald one was the best.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

The crimes of grumblewad watch was hilarious, imo. Also it was great hearing Griffin articulate how hard he fell out of the Harry Potter fandom

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7d3ekMCotQ&t=282s

A bOnEr JUst FoR mE

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Griffin on Tuesday morning "The past 72 hours have been really rough"

God "Wait until the next 72 hours"

:smith:

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Kung Fu Panda 3 watch is one of my fave eps.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

RandomPauI posted:

Griffin on Tuesday morning "The past 72 hours have been really rough"

God "Wait until the next 72 hours"

:smith:

Incidentally, is this the first time they said they had both recorded and posted the episode on a Tuesday?

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

showbiz_liz posted:

Incidentally, is this the first time they said they had both recorded and posted the episode on a Tuesday?

Didn't they say "today August 24" during munch squad?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'd have to check. I'm not sure if they said it was recorded Tuesday or if I just thought it was.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

I thought they said that you could be potentially listening to it the same day they recorded it

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

https://twitter.com/JustinMcElroy/status/1298767174325145605?s=19

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

That’s wild — there’s nothing wrong with talking about dieting. Though, to be fair, his diet always seemed wildly stupid

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

bean life

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Long live Bean Life.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I don't even remember what they said except that Justin tried a bunch of fad diets over the years and has success with none of them.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

beginning to think this is just a targeted bullying campaign lol

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Talking about diets that did or didnt work seems like it would be a good topic on a medical podcast! lol fatphobic shut the gently caress up

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

lmaooo

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I actually would love an episode on all the fad diets Justin has been on over the years, he's mentioned so many! Not from any kind of prescriptive sense of "you should be eating this stuff" but what his experiences were and why he wanted to try them. But I get that it's a touchy topic.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
As a fat gently caress being fat sucks and is bad for you.

thank you for coming to my ted talk.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

TA Metis posted:

I actually would love an episode on all the fad diets Justin has been on over the years, he's mentioned so many! Not from any kind of prescriptive sense of "you should be eating this stuff" but what his experiences were and why he wanted to try them. But I get that it's a touchy topic.

Outside of this covid period, they tend to avoid modern topics to prevent pretty much the exact response they're getting now.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

i demand justin apologize for the beans

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

There's a ton of really interesting history behind the ideas of thin vs fat. It would be a perfect discussion for the show, but one that they definitely won't cover now.

Fatshaming is absolutely a real thing that harms more than it helps. But lol at not allowing yourself to talk about how you're trying to be healthier on a medical podcast.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
this is dumb as poo poo

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

eke out posted:

i demand justin apologize to the beans

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Oh no, Ross and Carrie! is an infinitely better medical podcast because they ask "Did this obviously fake medicine almost kill me?" Not "would it kill me?"

GoldenJoe
Aug 9, 2006

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

There's a ton of really interesting history behind the ideas of thin vs fat. It would be a perfect discussion for the show, but one that they definitely won't cover now.

Why not? In fact, this seems like a perfect time to bring that up.

https://twitter.com/JustinMcElroy/status/1298767175059210242

He's already made this reply, they could dig deeper into this and clear up any misconceptions about the correlation between weight and health.

GoldenJoe fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Aug 27, 2020

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

can this extend to banning Munch Squad too please

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I’ve never heard anyone refer to foods as clean or dirty, but certainly some foods are worse for you than others

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Colonel Whitey posted:

I’ve never heard anyone refer to foods as clean or dirty, but certainly some foods are worse for you than others

No! Please read Healthy At Every Size while eating an entire pack of oreos. All food is good, saying otherwise is fatshaming!

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

No! Please read Healthy At Every Size while eating an entire pack of oreos. All food is good, saying otherwise is fatshaming!

College and NFL offensive linemen are all super fatties and they're healthy!

they all drop like 60+lbs within months of retiring because they have to eat 10k calories to maintain weight

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's real cool that we're giving Justin poo poo for trying to deflect harrassment he's gotten because I guess it's his fault.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Ches Neckbeard posted:

they all drop like 60+lbs within months of retiring because they have to eat 10k calories to maintain weight

Also they die early. But don't worry that's from the CTE, not the obesity.

That's not fair, not all of them. There's some older ones in wheel chairs because they can't walk once they hit 55 because of the weight they carried, and the constant collisions.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

It's real cool that we're giving Justin poo poo for trying to deflect harrassment he's gotten because I guess it's his fault.

no we're just lolling at anyone butthurt enough to complain to their parasocial friends that they fatshamed them for even mentioning the concept of diets.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Also they're extremely strong but they're not at all healthy.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

fatshaming affects tons of people, not the least of which being people with eating disorders who feel shame about eating *anything at all* and the idea that "fat people are fine to make fun of because it's just choices" is ridiculous

that doesn't even begin to cover the economic/racial/gender poo poo inherent in talking about food and weight

even if it was unhealthy to be fat you shouldn't make fun of people for being unhealthy, like what the gently caress is wrong with you.

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

I agree fat shaming is real but talking about diets is not making fun of or shaming fat people

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Reaverbot posted:

I agree fat shaming is real but talking about diets is not making fun of or shaming fat people

Bingo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Y'all do comprehend that I wasn't saying linemen are healthy right? Christ this thread is humorless for it being about a comedy podcast.