Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Honestly, at this point Shiggy has such a huge kill count that I can't really blame him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Hopefully endeavour gets added to it, I don’t wanna see him sulking and whining for the rest of the manga

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
And the wheel of discourse spins and lands on Endeavor!

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I cannot think of less accurate descriptors for Endeavour than Sulking and Whining, I legitimately am curious at what points he has done either of those things.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Dolash posted:

Kinda seems like Endeavour's shooting to kill at this point, huh?

He really, really should have been from the moment their continued survival began to rest on Eraserhead getting his eyes misted down to suppress Shigaraki's invincibility for a tiny bit longer.

Lord_Magmar posted:

I cannot think of less accurate descriptors for Endeavour than Sulking and Whining, I legitimately am curious at what points he has done either of those things.

I think that poster's fear is that if Endeavor gets dequirked and somehow survives, that will be the result. I don't know if I agree but that's how I read it.

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Lord_Magmar posted:

I doubt he’s gonna take depowering as well as all might

The entire dinner date he just sulks and pouts that todo still blames him for his mom and then retreats to his shrine to think about his dead kid that’s also his fault

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Endeavor is fine unless Gigantomachia shows up with Dabi, or Shoto shows up. One, the other, or both.

If either of them conspicuously shows up then Endeavor better hope he has life insurance.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It’s feel weird for endeavour to die now imo though the plot has accelerated super fast. Still feels like his character arc post All Might is only halfway done

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

EmmyOk posted:

It’s feel weird for endeavour to die now imo though the plot has accelerated super fast. Still feels like his character arc post All Might is only halfway done
I think he could definitely die at this point. He already started his plan to have a house built just for his kids so their mother could come home, and emphasized the dream he keeps having where his family is together at home but he isn't there. The only thing left is if he ever taught Shoto how to do that stupid super attack that he has said outloud he wanted to teach him like a half dozen times.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
this arc does weirdly feel like the plot sped up incredibly quickly

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

tbp posted:

I think this is a strength tbh. I'm not sure anyone expected us to reach a point where we're on the knife-edge between Shigaraki and the Leagues total defeat and The Fall of Japan so soon into the series with no clue which we'll see happen.

These chapters have felt really tense since it honestly could go either way and its really hard to predict whats going to happen next. It's easy to forget, but Shigaraki has only been awake for 10 chapters. 12 chapters ago it was looking so hopeless for the villains that people were speculating that the whole league would be captured and have to break out of prison.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

tbp posted:

MHA arcs used to be blazing fast up until Overhaul through Joint Training or so. MVA, Internship 2, and now this one has sped up the pace quite abit.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It feels like shigaraki is at his endgame form while deku just found out he has so much more to develop still. So it had felt like it was neat they were growing in parallel until the end of the liberation arc and that’s why it feels weird to me

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

This can't be Shigaraki's final form, he doesn't have a cool new costume yet.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
We also haven't seen what the consequences are for Shigaraki being woken up at 75%ish completion. He'll have to go dormant or will have some other issue probably that takes him off the field for a while after this I guess.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Fabricated posted:

We also haven't seen what the consequences are for Shigaraki being woken up at 75%ish completion. He'll have to go dormant or will have some other issue probably that takes him off the field for a while after this I guess.

I had this random idea where Deku grabs one of the quirk bullets from Shiggy's pocket and punches it into him. Maybe he uses one on Deku as well and we get an arc or two where they're both quirkless before they both somehow get their powers back.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Professorjuggalo posted:

I doubt he’s gonna take depowering as well as all might

The entire dinner date he just sulks and pouts that todo still blames him for his mom and then retreats to his shrine to think about his dead kid that’s also his fault

I guess I don't really see that as sulking so much as well, remorse and introspection? He knows he's hosed up and is considering the weight of his actions a lot in a quiet moment. Sulking would imply to me that he's not actually accepting he's done wrong, just pissed his life is going badly.

Also this is straight up where the time skip is if we get one, it's pretty much the same basic set-up as Naruto had. Protagonist discovers his enemies (Akatsuki/Shigaraki) are way more powerful than he is and so he needs to leave his home (Konoha/Japan) to train and avoid causing danger for his allies.

Personally I don't think we'll get a time skip, we're more likely to get a flee and then extended look at the outer world whilst working towards stopping the League of Villains once and for all.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I don't think Deku could go Quirkless, seeing as how OfA is at least somewhat sentient. I definitely think a time skip is incoming, it's just a question of how many years. Three years or five years?

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
There's a chance to go Quirkless, delving into same specifics of Aizawa Hori may not have thought of. If he stared at Deku now: would he nullify only black whip or base OfA and everything else with it?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

De-Quirking Eraser also makes handling Eri far more difficult, which would probably keep the heroes busy while the villains also recover

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

There will definitely be a point where OfA and AfO get destroyed and it's just depowered Midoriya and Shigaraki duking it out.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Also remember that Overhaul had also made an antidote to the quirk bullets that he was planning on selling to the heroes. Shigaraki stole it too, but I'm not sure of it survived the lab's destruction. That plus Eri's training gives us a few ways to reverse the effects of the bullet if need be.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Carlosologist posted:

I don't think Deku could go Quirkless, seeing as how OfA is at least somewhat sentient. I definitely think a time skip is incoming, it's just a question of how many years. Three years or five years?

Skipping the graduation in a series called My Hero Academy would be really weird. I'm not expecting the time skip to be more than a year.

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
I mean there hasn’t been THAT much schooling that’s been going on and that logic my villian academia shouldn’t have happened

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The question is: If Shigaraki and co. have to retreat, where do they go?

The only thing I can think of would be Shigaraki and company literally going to Tatarus, taking out the people guarding it, and turning that into their fortress of doom.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i almost can't see current shigi like, hanging and chilling. his current state of mind is so warped the scenes of him lounging are not going to be reasonable lol

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I mean, All For One probably had secret bases all over Japan, they could probably use one of those. Either that or one of Liberation Army guys could buy them an island or something, they're all rich CEO assholes.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

It'll be a reverse of All Might, Shigaraki will go train in Russia for 2 years and come back jacked as hell.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

tbp posted:

i almost can't see current shigi like, hanging and chilling. his current state of mind is so warped the scenes of him lounging are not going to be reasonable lol
I don't think he'll have a choice. He's going to fall into a coma or lose the ability to fight temporarily or something because he wasn't complete. If he just dequirks Aizawa and regenerates and there's no downsides he just sinks Japan into the ocean and that's that.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Fabricated posted:

I don't think he'll have a choice. He's going to fall into a coma or lose the ability to fight temporarily or something because he wasn't complete. If he just dequirks Aizawa and regenerates and there's no downsides he just sinks Japan into the ocean and that's that.

Yeah I can’t see us living though a long term fall of Japan in this series. Just not sure how he’ll exit stage left for a long time

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
On the flip side I can’t see everyone burying a bunch of heroes and going back to class all dandy when the situation was tense enough before that gentle criminal could have shut down UA

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Yeah, the series has never truly been HS centered. it’s about how Deku becomes the greatest hero, so it kinda follows the Naruto vein in that he never gets his chance to graduate high school because the villains show up and wreck poo poo early. It’s why I feel a time skip is imminent, but the how gets real murky.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Carlosologist posted:

Yeah, the series has never truly been HS centered. it’s about how Deku becomes the greatest hero, so it kinda follows the Naruto vein in that he never gets his chance to graduate high school because the villains show up and wreck poo poo early. It’s why I feel a time skip is imminent, but the how gets real murky.

The kids get sent to train internationally because everything is hosed at home.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Also shigaraki became a lot less interesting to me after they got all the liberation army resources and everything form Doctor. Was so much cooler when his core group was getting some power ups and learning to be better villains.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I think the series is straining against what kind of dangers it can logically place the kids in with the high school setting intact, which is why I think it's going to gently caress up the status quo here.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Deku's also probably going to have to spill the beans on One For All to at least a few more people after this now that they know Shigaraki is targeting him.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Rhonne posted:

Deku's also probably going to have to spill the beans on One For All to at least a few more people after this now that they know Shigaraki is targeting him.

Remember when I said this after Blackwhip first manifested

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
At this point, why should it be a giant secret?

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
Yeah, the reason to keep it secret was so that the league/AFO wouldn't target him to break the OFA cycle. Now that Shigaraki knows and will be able to tell his allies it's important that the heroes know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Arguably it should still be a secret so that when it gets passed down, the new recipient remains undercover more easily.