Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Waffle! posted:

You remember that Star Fox racing game that was rumoured two years ago?

no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Waffle! posted:

You remember that Star Fox racing game that was rumoured two years ago? The one that fans have been all butt frustrated about because there hasn't been any updates on it? It's fake.

That's what they want us to think so they can double psyche us with a direct about next month, obvi.

I feel the Star Fox series has a lot of potential and continually falls flat on its face. Give me like a Shadows of the Empire in 2020 version of Star Fox, please.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

you should because that idea owns

also that story is a little bit unbelievable itself

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

stev posted:

Hey that one was really fun and had the cool trippy backdrops. Probably should've been an expansion though.

This thing though... oof:

I feel that was actually a very smart investment as Guitar Hero on the go is an appealing concept, and was since it sold well.

What I didn't support was releasing two more sequels year after year.

Sakurazuka posted:

That's exactly what the AGES version on Switch does so, along with reducing the exp/money grind.

I should check that out then. But I wish there was a hack so I can play the game with a mapper on original hardware.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

That direct was poo poo. Nintendo where are the good games? Quit holding out.

I'm half suspecting that they are holding out to do a big event around the PS5 and XBX launch to keep eyes not completely away from Nintendo.

punk rebel ecks fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Aug 26, 2020

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Augus posted:

apparently they said they couldn't do local co-op because the original game used the GBA screen for menu management. but, like, they could't do picture-in-picture for that or anything? there must've been something they couldve done to streamline menuing so that it can be done on the same screen.

phantasy star online gcn had a solution eighteen years ago

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Waffle! posted:

You remember that Star Fox racing game that was rumoured two years ago? The one that fans have been all butt frustrated about because there hasn't been any updates on it? It's fake.
I wouldn't trust this at all. It's a completely unsourced take from notorious weasle ValveNewsNetwork. I've been around enough TF2 communities through the years to know how full of poo poo he is. I guess he recently decided that Valve was getting boring and decided to dip his toes into the lucrative field of Nintendo rumormongering.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

well I checked the source the article cites for the star fox story and

...is this a fake leak about a fake leak?

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Man I'm super loving pumped for those final fantasy legend games, I played all three back in the day but for some reason the only one I still have is #3, the worst one.

If Nintendo ever launches a Gameboy channel for switch I'll lose my drat mind

There's a good chance that they will do so next month (they released SNES last month right before the first year of switch online membership was up so odds are good they'll do N64 or Game Boy this year).

The best thing about the Legend collection is that between that and the Collection of Mana, it seems to make a Collection (or two) of Final Fantasy and maybe other Square games on the Switch seem inevitable.

A collection that was FF1, 4, and 6, I'd gladly pay $40 for.

Though the pace...man the pace. Hope we don't have to wait 18 months for their next retro collection.

Nail Rat fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Aug 26, 2020

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Nail Rat posted:

Thanks to everyone on the 2/3DS recs and the softmodding tips! I cancelled my ebay order of Chrono Trigger DS because while it was shrinkwrapped, the dude has sold 90 of them...there's no way that's real.

Oh my god, Chrono Trigger DS is legit one of the best games I've ever played. I'm not into JRPGs at all, like pretty much every single one I've tried, I've bounced off.
Chrono Trigger is soo so good.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Oh my god, Chrono Trigger DS is legit one of the best games I've ever played. I'm not into JRPGs at all, like pretty much every single one I've tried, I've bounced off.
Chrono Trigger is soo so good.

They need to port it to Switch so I can keep giving Square money for the same game over and over.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Aw snaps, maybe we'll get that Star Fox racing DLC for Star Link after all!

We won't.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

by the way where did you get the info on how the CC remaster works

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Remember when that guy at Square said that they were disappointed in the sales of Chrono Trigger DS and thus didn't want to make a third game despite it selling almost one million copies at a full $40 price tag?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Amppelix posted:

by the way where did you get the info on how the CC remaster works

you can find it at most reputable news sources now that it's out in japan and review embargos are off

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

punk rebel ecks posted:

Remember when that guy at Square said that they were disappointed in the sales of Chrono Trigger DS and thus didn't want to make a third game despite it selling almost one million copies at a full $40 price tag?

Square has been disappointed in the sales of every game its ever released though.

The more I think about it the less the Chrystal Chronicles remaster makes sense. It was never a huge seller or particurly well liked, most people bought it for a gimmick that no longer exists and they're not bothering with couch coop, which is the thing people most associate with the game. Honestly they'd have been better off just making a new one.

stev fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Aug 26, 2020

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

oh.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Augus posted:

the multiplayer for FFCC seems to be completely botched and just ruins the entire idea of journeying together in a caravan. you can only form a party to do a single dungeon and have to disband and then reform the party to do another dungeon. you can't walk around towns together. you can't visit each other's families. you apparently don't even advance from one year to the next together, only the host gets the drop of myrrh from the dungeon that lets them move forward in time while the other players will need to do the dungeon all over again separately to progress.

As bad as Legend of Mana's co-op was this sounds even worse. And Legend of Mana didn't push co-op as much as FF:CC games tried to.

Augus posted:

apparently they said they couldn't do local co-op because the original game used the GBA screen for menu management. but, like, they could't do picture-in-picture for that or anything? there must've been something they couldve done to streamline menuing so that it can be done on the same screen.

Secret of Mana's ring menu system would work even for same system multiplayee. All it lacked was the option to not pause the game when it wasn't going in to a full screen menu and it would've been perfect.

Considering this isn't same screen multiplayer, there's no shortage of options for having a menu come up on your own screen, whether partially or fully blocking your view if they couldn't make a ring menu system work.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

American McGay posted:

Nintendo is punting on holiday 2020 because of the PS5 and XSX, but joke's on them because neither of those systems have any games coming out either!

With ratchet and clank, spider man, and probably demons souls the ps5 actually has a pretty decent lineup. I still can’t convince myself to care though.

I think I’m going to brave Walmart or something and go buy origami king today.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Happy Hedonist posted:

With ratchet and clank, spider man, and probably demons souls the ps5 actually has a pretty decent lineup. I still can’t convince myself to care though.

I think I’m going to brave Walmart or something and go buy origami king today.
The only one of those that is confirmed 2020 is the Spiderman DLC.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

stev posted:

Square has been disappointed in the sales of every game its ever released though.

The more I think about it the less the Chrystal Chronicles remaster makes sense. It was never a huge seller or particurly well liked, most people bought it for a gimmick that no longer exists and they're not bothering with couch coop, which is the thing people most associate with the game. Honestly they'd have been better off just making a new one.

Crystal Chronicles is one of those games whose legacy overlooms its actual popularity. I think they were trying to cash in on the cultural cachet and hoping it caught on for a new generation of curious RPG gamers rather than CC-loving diehards

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

At least there's the FFCC lite version that I can try first with people. If the multiplayer experience becomes a big hindrance I really won't bother buying the full version. Playing on the couch with my gf is the whole reason I'm looking into it, and that seems to be siht.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

So what’s the appeal of Crystal Chronicles? I assume it’s all in the multiplayer, but I know next to nothing about the game.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

It’s honestly not that bad a FF game, even done single player. But multiplayer was amazing if you got the timing down as others have said.

No way I’d pay full price for it though.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

man nurse posted:

So what’s the appeal of Crystal Chronicles? I assume it’s all in the multiplayer, but I know next to nothing about the game.
it's a pretty fun (multiplayer) action rpg with a really cool and unique story, visuals, and area design. the action itself is alright but the other stuff carries the game,

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
All the Megamans are on sale right now

Man, I’ve been loading up on zillions of $5-15 games this month

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

man nurse posted:

It was a fun action rpg with a cool setting, great soundtrack, and a multiplayer focus. Pulling off spell combos is cool, there's a bunch of different gear to craft, and its got a clean gameplay loop. I played through a coop campaign with a friend back in the day and we really enjoyed it. If the multiplayer changes are real then I'd say that weakens the game a lot, though - having the full multiplayer experience with your characters living in the same town was part of the appeal, and instanced dungeons with separate solo campaigns sounds like it would miss out on a lot.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Steve Yun posted:

All the Megamans are on sale right now

Man, I’ve been loading up on zillions of $5-15 games this month

That's because there's like one new $60 per quarter :D

Indy games in that $10 area are awesome on Switch though

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I'm just sitting here thinking about how easy it would be to make a HD port of Megaman Legends. The flat cartoony textures would be such a quick job to upscale. There's even a PC port already available to base the code on. Boy would it ever be nice if somebody did that.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Waffle! posted:

Aw snaps, maybe we'll get that Star Fox racing DLC for Star Link after all!

We won't.

Didn’t that game actually get a racing mode?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
you know i wonder if they would be easy to uprez. they're actually really complicated textures if you look at the sheets!

what can be done, however, is Nintendo 64 Online, and include the MML64 rom on that :pseudo:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i would want megaman legends so much

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Looks like I am grabbing an 8Bit SF30 Pro on Amazon lightning deal. It's live for another 5 hours. Should be a good replacement for a right joycon that died so the kids can play together again:

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1298725788921892865

Feb 2, 2005

Ragequit posted:

Looks like I am grabbing an 8Bit SF30 Pro on Amazon lightning deal. It's live for another 5 hours. Should be a good replacement for a right joycon that died so the kids can play together again:

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1298725788921892865

Does anyone who owns these have any info regarding input lag? I'd love to pick on up for Smash but if there's more lag than the Pro Controller that's a no go for me.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Quote posted:

Does anyone who owns these have any info regarding input lag? I'd love to pick on up for Smash but if there's more lag than the Pro Controller that's a no go for me.

I haven't run any tests but I play a fair amount of games that'd be sensitive to input lag and it feels about the same as the Pro in that regard.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Quote posted:

I have a couple different 8bitdo controllers and I've never noticed any perceptible lag on switch, pc or ps4.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
poo poo is there no physical release of Crystal Chronicles except in Japan?

Meowsdower
May 25, 2005

Augus posted:

the multiplayer for FFCC seems to be completely botched and just ruins the entire idea of journeying together in a caravan. you can only form a party to do a single dungeon and have to disband and then reform the party to do another dungeon. you can't walk around towns together. you can't visit each other's families. you apparently don't even advance from one year to the next together, only the host gets the drop of myrrh from the dungeon that lets them move forward in time while the other players will need to do the dungeon all over again separately to progress.

do you have a link where you got this info? This is really loving depressing if true.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Meowsdower posted:

do you have a link where you got this info? This is really loving depressing if true.

https://twitter.com/MOOMANiBE/statu...agenumber%3D102

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

RandomFerret posted:

I'm just sitting here thinking about how easy it would be to make a HD port of Megaman Legends. The flat cartoony textures would be such a quick job to upscale. There's even a PC port already available to base the code on. Boy would it ever be nice if somebody did that.

If they improve the camera and controls slightly I'd pay too much even if it were otherwise a straight port. I'd pay a stupid amount if they did a MML1/2 and Tron Bonne pack.