Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Bored As gently caress posted:

Not to be a dick, but doesn't the timeline video show that he walked by the cops before the shooting? Or did he walk by cops after the shooting as well?

Also, you gotta love the fact that one of the cops on the PA system from the vehicle farther from the crowd is telling the militia rear end in a top hat to leave, and then the other cop on the PA system in the vehicle closest to the crowd completely overrules the other cop's orders and says "we appreciate that you're out here" and gives them loving water. loving ridiculous.

This video:

There's so much misinformation out there about this already, it's hard to know what actually happened and when.

Sorry for posting Mark Dice AND video of murder, but if you start at 1 minute of the top video you won't see anyone dead or dying and see him walking to the cops.

https://twitter.com/TheTenderOne/status/1298553728434425856

Shameful snipe :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

hobbesmaster posted:

Oh for crying out loud.

I'm not wrong :colbert:

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Dum Cumpster posted:

Sorry for posting Mark Dice AND video of murder, but if you start at 1 minute of the top video you won't see anyone dead or dying and see him walking to the cops.

https://twitter.com/TheTenderOne/status/1298553728434425856

Shameful snipe :(

This is where the shooter shot someone in the head, he then walks away and some people try and stop him and he shoots two more people, killing one, then walks towards the cops and just keeps walking as police drive by doing nothing

Meshka
Nov 27, 2016

Hot Karl Marx posted:

This is where the shooter shot someone in the head, he then walks away and some people try and stop him and he shoots two more people, killing one, then walks towards the cops and just keeps walking as police drive by doing nothing

Did he shoot the first person before the video starts? In the video he is running from someone who then throws a flaming object at him, then you hear shots behind the car. If the first shooting started before the video, then it's probably a murder, but if he shot back after being attacked, then you can make a case for self defense.

ganglysumbia
Jan 29, 2005
Cops probably did not suspect the teenager walking down the street with an AR was the shooter, even if they knew what was going on to begin with. It also does not look like anyone was outside of their running vehicles, which makes it kind of tough hearing people yelling at you from 30 yards away.

Pretty much just negligence on their part not asking the kid what was happening, doubt they knew or suspected he was the shooter. Interestingly towards the end there he goes toward to patrol car but for whatever reason decides to peace out.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
The person got shot at the end of that clip

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Meshka posted:

Did he shoot the first person before the video starts? In the video he is running from someone who then throws a flaming object at him, then you hear shots behind the car. If the first shooting started before the video, then it's probably a murder, but if he shot back after being attacked, then you can make a case for self defense.

That first video I linked doesn't contain the first shooting. The youtube video posted that tries to put together the timeline does.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
He better be going to jail for those crocs is all I'm gonna say.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Meshka posted:

The flaming object video is manipulated, in the raw video it seems like a white plastic bag.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

What a loving waste.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Agreed. Stupid kid ruined his life and ended others. My wife and I are looking at our two year old son saying we'd better not gently caress up that bad.

hobbesmaster posted:

The flaming object video is manipulated, in the raw video it seems like a white plastic bag.

Having only seen the presumably unedited video, I was wondering where "molotov" was coming from. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

he doesn't have a podcast but this guy is the most It Could Happen Here person i know

https://twitter.com/PatBlanchfield/status/1298687551247724548

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
What also is or isn't being reported, depending on where you get your news from:

Guy who was domed, was throwing molotov's, which is why his red t-shirt is on his head and covering his face.

Guy who took one to the chest hit the kid in the head with a skateboard

Guy hit in the arm is seen holding a pistol.

Not trying to start stuff with you guys, just what I'm getting from co-workers.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Syrian Lannister posted:

What also is or isn't being reported, depending on where you get your news from:

Guy who was domed, was throwing molotov's, which is why his red t-shirt is on his head and covering his face.

That's because all of that is mostly bullshit from what I understand.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Syrian Lannister posted:

Molotov video is fake, that kid did not get hit in the head with a skateboard he has no loving injuries, and just lol

Your coworkers are idiots but that's the loving media narrative from fox so everyone who watches it will think he's a hero

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Syrian Lannister posted:

All garbage nonsense.

Even if it were all true, which it isn’t, it would be nothing. Killing a person for burning a building is murder. After that he was escaping the scene of the murder. Hitting him with a skateboard and holding a gun while confronting him in an attempt to stop him are hardly unreasonable.

Your coworkers are pieces of poo poo.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
I read that the kid was getting chased and then attacked and that's why he shot the 2 other people after the initial shooting. But that's probably bullshit, too.

Even if it is true that he was getting beaten up, he's as "innocent" as George Zimmerman was (meaning not at all, because HE CHOSE to put himself in that situation, leading to the death of at least 1 person, if not 3. That's at least negligent homicide, if not outright murder).

Kid chose to be there. He chose to confront the protesters, like all those other boogafucks. gently caress him.

Wonder Free
Jun 19, 2006

Throw some D's..
Wouldn’t be surprised if this makes Cat V before landfall with how the pressure is dropping. Unofficially.

You can watch our track as we get the poo poo kicked out of us tonight.

https://airbornescience.nasa.gov/tracker/#!/map?callsign=NOAA42&zoom=9&lat=27.9893&lng=-82.0148

ganglysumbia
Jan 29, 2005
What is also hosed up is someone made a stupid decision to give that kid an AR and bring him out into the streets with it that night.

Where was that group he was with in the clip with the cops giving them water? You can see how excited the poor bastard was by getting some recognition from the cops, can’t help but wonder if that got him all hyped up to face the protesters...

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Wonder Free posted:

Wouldn’t be surprised if this makes Cat V before landfall with how the pressure is dropping. Unofficially.

https://airbornescience.nasa.gov/tracker/#!/map?callsign=NOAA42&zoom=9&lat=27.9893&lng=-82.0148

What kind of reading are you seeing?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

1pm cdt bulletin has 140 mph sustained, it’s not that far to 5 and there’s a lot of hot water between the current position and the coast.

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

ganglysumbia posted:

Cops probably did not suspect the teenager walking down the street with an AR was the shooter

Interesting, since they seem to suspect the exact opposite when the teen is a different color/not dressed like an off duty milcop

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Syrian Lannister posted:

In case you'd like a more realistic rundown:

The guy threw a bag of snacks at him, I believe. You can see it sitting on the ground, clearly not burning, on video.

They did jump on him, probably because they thought he was an active shooter. There was a skateboard near him but I'm pretty sure it didn't hit him.

I saw a picture of the arm guy with a pistol but I have no idea if it's real because of the loving internet.

Don't feel like rewatching videos for the parts I don't remember better.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

I just keep thinking about how this kid would’ve been 13 in 2016. 4 years of Trump and the alt-right constantly pushing their message is going to be hell on an entire generation fo impressionable white children. There are more child terrorists like him out there, and it’s not going to improve any time soon.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

https://twitter.com/GidTruth/status/1298697049551011840

What the gently caress

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
The Milwaukee Bucks appear to be boycotting the NBA game that was scheduled for two minutes ago.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1298711727052185601?s=19

https://twitter.com/TimBontemps/status/1298712223607472131?s=19

There was talk about the Toronto Raptors and Boston Celtics were going to boycott a game - looks like Milwaukee beat them to it.

Wonder Free
Jun 19, 2006

Throw some D's..

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

What kind of reading are you seeing?

952 mb at center and 115kts max wind was the last one an aircraft read. I take off in an hour so us and the Air Force will be reporting until landfall.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1298712598678970368?s=20

Fry: I'm shocked, shocked...well not that shocked

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment

Only registered members can see post attachments!

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Police talk like that when one of their own get into trouble.

Edit: full-blown boycott

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1298715218650861569?s=19

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1298715016380653569?s=19

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Aug 26, 2020

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

That's because all of that is mostly bullshit from what I understand.

Do you have edited and unedited videos for comparison?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Kids parents are apparently huge chuds. He's been radicalized since childhood

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Tweets are not formatting properly for anyone else?

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Tweets are not formatting properly for anyone else?

Same

Soxorz
Aug 15, 2002
I sleep with the fishes
I noticed the tweets too, been spending the past 5 minutes trying to figure out if something broke on my end.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Wonder Free posted:

Army and Navy get a twitch, NOAA and NASA don't, wtf.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

I've seen pictures of the guy who got shot in the arm with a pistol but I can't verify if they're real

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

I didnt expect the Russian Navy playbook tbh.

Pentagon: AFK, making sure brass and boots don't turn a proxy war into a proximate one, brb.

Wonder Free
Jun 19, 2006

Throw some D's..

piL posted:

Army and Navy get a twitch, NOAA and NASA don't, wtf.

90% of it is boring as hell, and the rest is a bouncy mess. Like the crappiest roller coaster ever. Sometimes we get cool pics and videos though.

947 mb and 120kts reported by the Air Force an hour ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Door #1: https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1298722374343200772?s=19

Door #2: https://twitter.com/KingJames/status/1298721240748711936?s=19

Next game at 6:30 appears to be out too, OKC-Houston looks like it won't happen either.

Edit: it's a full-blown wildcat strike!

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Aug 26, 2020