Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

exquisite tea posted:

I've been reading a whole lot about the Bronze Age recently, are there any good Civ type games that focus on that era specifically? I wanna see some Minoans beat on the Hittites.

With the caveat that the graphics are eh and it's not exactly a 4X per se, Bronze Age is an earlier effort from the folks who made those Egyptian worker placement games which may or may not strike your fancy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

srulz
Jun 23, 2013

RIP Duelyst
Took a break from Undermine to "try" Children of Morta after the huge 40% sale, and ended up pulling an all-nighter. Wow game is good, even though the gameplay from video reviews don't really impress me.

Also the 1st impression at the beginning is pretty bad, since your 1st class is very cookie-cutter, and the only reason why the game actually manage to snare me is because I forced myself to at least kill the 1st boss, which is actually pretty hard & took multiple tries. By that time though, I ended up playing until the whole 1st biome is done (3/3 bosses) & only stopped because it's 5 AM and I need to wake up at 6 AM for work.

It's crazy how different each of the unlockable classes felt, and I already have my favorite (monk guy). It does feel grind-ish though at the moment since the gold/exp income feels pretty slow, though I may be upgrading the hub stuff in the wrong sequence or something.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Pigbuster posted:

It wasn't really a hearing about the merits of the case, it was specifically about granting a temporary restraining order over Apple's actions in banning Fortnite + all Unreal Engine games from their store. Epic's actions being an instigation is significant in that regard; the judge doesn't want to force Apple to allow Epic's intentionally rulebreaking actions. They also saw Apple's actions in banning all Unreal Engine games as retaliatory, so IIRC their decision is that Fortnite is still banned from the store but Unreal Engine games aren't. Which is the right opinion imo. It might also be possible for Epic to revert Fortnite's update to get it back on the store, but I'm less clear on that. Edit: Below post quotes a passage that confirms they could.
to be clear 'all unreal engine games' were never banned. apple told epic they were cutting off all of epic's dev accounts which includes the one they develop the ios/mac unreal engine on

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Ok, I wasn’t the only one that thought it was a DMC sale at first glance. Whew.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

What are you talking about? That's Detective Morons Collection, now on sale.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Devil's Daughter May Cry

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

Hey man, wanna hear a secret?

College Slice
That's Johnny Fiveaces

Hwurmp posted:

Devil's Daughter May Zy

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
Is Frostpunk worth $12?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Oldstench posted:

Is Frostpunk worth $12?

Yeah it's a neat experience and all the scenarios are basically extra campaigns with the same level of polish as the main one

I put 16 hours into finishing all of them with fairly good outcomes and didn't feel the need to keep playing after that. Lots of people comment that it doesn't have a lot of replayability which is fine by me.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Yeah, Frostpunk's cool and good. It reminds me of Tropico in a more hostile environment.

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

Tropicold, I shout as I dodge an angrily thrown snowball

Back Alley Borks fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Aug 26, 2020

Orv
May 4, 2011

Codeacious posted:

Tropicold, I shout as I dodge an angerliy thrown snowball

:hmmyes:

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

srulz posted:

Took a break from Undermine to "try" Children of Morta after the huge 40% sale, and ended up pulling an all-nighter. Wow game is good, even though the gameplay from video reviews don't really impress me.

Also the 1st impression at the beginning is pretty bad, since your 1st class is very cookie-cutter, and the only reason why the game actually manage to snare me is because I forced myself to at least kill the 1st boss, which is actually pretty hard & took multiple tries. By that time though, I ended up playing until the whole 1st biome is done (3/3 bosses) & only stopped because it's 5 AM and I need to wake up at 6 AM for work.

It's crazy how different each of the unlockable classes felt, and I already have my favorite (monk guy). It does feel grind-ish though at the moment since the gold/exp income feels pretty slow, though I may be upgrading the hub stuff in the wrong sequence or something.

Huh maybe I’ve got to go back to this one. I bounced off it really early.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
I never bought any of the Senran Kagura games, but when I saw the satellite water laser in this one, I became very curious. The jetskis seem to be going at a slow speed though.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1233800/Kandagawa_Jet_Girls/

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Magrunner is free. Decent enough also-ran first-person puzzler but with Cthulhu stuff also.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Jamfrost posted:

I never bought any of the Senran Kagura games, but when I saw the satellite water laser in this one, I became very curious. The jetskis seem to be going at a slow speed though.

It costs how much?

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Is anyone else having troubles with Steam remote play together at the moment?

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Mordja posted:

Magrunner is free. Decent enough also-ran first-person puzzler but with Cthulhu stuff also.
Isn't that the magnet puzzle game that manages to get how magnets work wrong?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

you mean to tell me magnets can't be switched off/on, positive/negative with a special energy glove

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
I tried it a few years ago and it was really boring.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

anilEhilated posted:

Isn't that the magnet puzzle game that manages to get how magnets work wrong?

So that's why I could never beat it!

Actually I bounced off of it really early, partially because of being confused by a puzzle, mostly because it wasn't grabbing me.

PowerBeard fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Aug 26, 2020

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
It's an interesting game up until a point, and if I hadn't been so close to the end I would have dumped it there.

The otherworldly lovecraft horrors pursuing you endlessly while you're trying to set up the same drat puzzles you've been doing most of the game, turning it into survival over new brain teasers? That sucked. It had some cool visuals for the time but man, that did not improve an already flagging endgame.

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

I got all the way through Magrunner and it's no Portal. There were a few really good puzzles, a few really jank ones, and a few otherwise good puzzles made unfun by jankiness or requiring way too much action or precision. Later in the game I finally realized why they chose their nonsensical inverted application of magnet physics (puzzles where you have to cluster multiple magnets of the same polarity together and then toggle one to repel the rest of them). The story was kind of hilariously dumb too.

Strangely enough, I enjoyed it on the whole. It's got kind of a... eurojank vibe, I guess? Though I've no idea if it was even made in Europe.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Jamfrost posted:

Hydrooo Thunder!! :woop:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

watching some For the King videos. seems pretty neat?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
So what's the deal with Among Us? It's basically a mafia-like that came out two years ago to no great attention, then according to Steamcharts it started gaining popularity bacl in February and this month it's suddenly hit concurrences of 40000.

MonkeyforaHead posted:

Strangely enough, I enjoyed it on the whole. It's got kind of a... eurojank vibe, I guess? Though I've no idea if it was even made in Europe.
It is 100% slavmade.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Mordja posted:

So what's the deal with Among Us? It's basically a mafia-like that came out two years ago to no great attention, then according to Steamcharts it started gaining popularity bacl in February and this month it's suddenly hit concurrences of 40000.
it blew up on twitch

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Awesome! posted:

it blew up on twitch

Shoulda guessed. Wonder if it was a grassroots thing or if the devs got the ball rolling...

srulz
Jun 23, 2013

RIP Duelyst

tildes posted:

Huh maybe I’ve got to go back to this one. I bounced off it really early.

Unfortunately I've pretty much dropped it just now. Ranged has too much advantage over melee, and it becomes very obvious once you've reached the 2nd biome and foes got a lot more tanky & stuff. With ranged classes I've been pretty much destroying everything while actually ignoring health potions, but it's the absolute opposite if I'm melee - each potion is a literal lifeline. If RNG hates me and stop dropping potions, I'm just dead.

Plus I got distracted by the new Legends of Runeterra expansion anyway. Game's good.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Mordja posted:

It is 100% slavmade.

I’ve been seriously addicted to this game for the past couple days. It’s so basic but so in-depth at the same time

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Is it fun if I don't have a group to play with? I've been watching Disguised Toast videos and it looks hilarious but he always has full in house games.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

SirSamVimes posted:

Is it fun if I don't have a group to play with? I've been watching Disguised Toast videos and it looks hilarious but he always has full in house games.

Yeah there are usually like 50 different groups playing on the official game discord, it’s pretty easy to find a game where everyone is talking. Sometimes you’ll get toxic people or kids but in general people seem to try and actually play the game. I’ve played about 10 hours and only seen a couple games get intentionally ruined by salty people

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Apparently, I fell for a phishing scam w/ steam (someone was sending stuff for "ezarena") and it did a login for like, you know, sign in with steam.

It asked for my 2FA code too, partly why I fell for it I guess.

Goon let me know what happened and I immediately changed my pw with a custom one (it was already using a custom one).

I don't know that that's enough, but I also have sent Steam Support an email asking for guidance.

Has anyone else had something similar happen to them? I still have access to my account, maybe the steam guard saved my bacon?

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Apparently, I fell for a phishing scam w/ steam (someone was sending stuff for "ezarena") and it did a login for like, you know, sign in with steam.

It asked for my 2FA code too, partly why I fell for it I guess.

Goon let me know what happened and I immediately changed my pw with a custom one (it was already using a custom one).

I don't know that that's enough, but I also have sent Steam Support an email asking for guidance.

Has anyone else had something similar happen to them? I still have access to my account, maybe the steam guard saved my bacon?

I had someone try to do this to me earlier today;

I just blocked and removed them from Steam, but it reportedly opens a fake page with a oauth thing setup. Glad you got stuff changed quickly!

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

iGestalt posted:

I had someone try to do this to me earlier today;

I just blocked and removed them from Steam, but it reportedly opens a fake page with a oauth thing setup. Glad you got stuff changed quickly!

I got a random “hey” from them while I was playing a game the other day and figured they were one of the dozens of random goons on my friends list. No weird links though.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I got a random “hey” from them while I was playing a game the other day and figured they were one of the dozens of random goons on my friends list. No weird links though.

It must be a bot script, or something. I wonder if it only replies if you reply to it?

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

Yes, that "ezarena" phishing site seems to be spreading now, just talked about that a few hours ago on a discord.

Seems like a bot will log in and start messaging all your friends if you fall for it.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

iGestalt posted:

It must be a bot script, or something. I wonder if it only replies if you reply to it?

Maybe. I did reply with a “hey, what’s up” a few hours later and there wasn’t any reply after that so it must have some kind of time component too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
I got the exact same thing, too. The warning alarm was that you can't even read their legal stuff without providing your Steam credentials.