Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

shirts and skins posted:

Is E1 worth listening to? Alex Branson was on Trash Future this week and I thought he was quite good.
For me it really depends on how well-prepped they are, since it's just wall-to-wall riffing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I really enjoyed Hammer Swinger

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

holy gently caress the latest chapo is white noise

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

V. Illych L. posted:

this is because they were going to dunk on dershowitz. they always do this - when they attack someone, they try extremely hard to be as charitable as possible in their description of their motives and personalities before seriously stabbing them. finkelstein does own, but it is relevant to the case that he's also a vindictive and relentless rear end in a top hat who, despite being absolutely 100% correct went out of his way not only to attack and undermine dershowitz' scholarship but to completely and utterly humiliate him on live television, because this is the full and charitable context of dershowitz' actions.

i did lol when a couple of them were hemming and hawing about whether it was totally ironclad fraud and the third dude interjects that yeah, it absolutely is wtf are you guys talking about an undergraduate student would be expelled for pulling this poo poo

Yeah you can kinda see it in the weeb wars episode with ron toye where they talk about how he pretty much tweeted things that were the definition of defamatory but then they show him in deposition completely owning ty beard.

If they didn't like finkelstein, they wouldn't have played the clips of him dunking on dersh.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Trabisnikof posted:

Try “Two Weeks Paid Leave” and then “The Farm Report” to see if you dig their style imo

https://soundcloud.com/episode-one-868768631/e1-who-wants-to-be-food-68

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

one of the all timer best podcast episodes. up there with amber heavy chapo episodes.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
E1 varies a lot in quality, and while the highs are extremely high, the lows are not terrible or anything. At worst it is just kind of aimless and insular rambling, which is par for the course for most comedy podcasts, but the world building in the early eps and the episodes that really hit on something great are genius.

Eegah!
Jul 26, 2010

SMH for not saying uncle’s house boat

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Trabisnikof posted:

Try “Two Weeks Paid Leave” and then “The Farm Report” to see if you dig their style imo

starting from the beginning the second episode, the flat earth one, is one of the first great episodes and a good chance to figure out if it's your speed without it having a bunch of references to previous jokes. it also gives a good feel for the format of the show with the mix of individually prepared bits and improv, but mostly people trying to get each other to crack and gently caress up their bits

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
thanks to all for recommending e1 episodes, I like the people and have wanted to give the show a fair shot but jumping in cold is hard :/

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

following along the dr. yinz episodes is a trip

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Gio posted:

I don't mind it when Amber rambles, so I thought it was fine. It really highligted the role that Will plays in keeping things moving, though.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
I say it a lot but Will's guest appearances on other podcasts are great because he essentially becomes the host for the episode.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

https://twitter.com/stavvybaby/status/1298737254660272128

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Gio posted:

That's all their episodes.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Fame Douglas posted:

That's all their episodes.

welcome back Fame Douglas

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
matt's bit on the DSA or rather lack of organizing and preference to just Posting As Praxis is good
https://twitch.tv/videos/722398121?t=4065s

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Weembles posted:

I don't mind it when Amber rambles, so I thought it was fine. It really highligted the role that Will plays in keeping things moving, though.

yeah they had some ok jokes and some decent analyses, but frost went on for twice as long as she needed to to make her tbf pretty interesting point about the nature of conservativism and popular ideologies in america as viewed through the lens of this one bizarre black woman from baltimore debating a pick up artist - you get the feeling that menaker might have interjected and gotten things moving along once she started floundering where texas just... didn't

Clever Moniker
Oct 29, 2007

shirts and skins posted:

Is E1 worth listening to? Alex Branson was on Trash Future this week and I thought he was quite good.

If you're posting here you're probably going to really enjoy E1

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Gio posted:

lol at chapo having to actually do work for recordings instead of yapping about the primary and going down in flame

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Optimus Subprime posted:

following along the dr. yinz episodes is a trip

these are great

also the hacker episode is class

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

shirts and skins posted:

start with joe biden episode, it's the most cspam

https://m.soundcloud.com/episode-one-868768631/113-joe-biden

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Operation Wineskin was pretty funny.

That is the only E1 I have ever heard yet.

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
red camaro poster is also a really good e1

corn haver
Mar 28, 2020

thotsky posted:

E1 varies a lot in quality, and while the highs are extremely high, the lows are not terrible or anything. At worst it is just kind of aimless and insular rambling, which is par for the course for most comedy podcasts, but the world building in the early eps and the episodes that really hit on something great are genius.
If you like aggressively stupid world building The Lanalax Corporation is great at that and is totally unlike anything else. I've had to stop listening to episodes due to laughing so hard I couldn't drive safely and also because some episodes are basically anxiety dreams.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

big vibes to the latest trueanon, i absolutely adore their examination of the deep state and its various factions

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

papa horny michael posted:

I say it a lot but Will's guest appearances on other podcasts are great because he essentially becomes the host for the episode.

when you get the badge that says Podcast Dad everyone else in the world gets a little piece of the badge that says Podcast Baby

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

and now, for a pleasant conclusion,

https://twitter.com/jackallisonLOL/status/1299456981980250112

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
maybe im parsing this wrong but i thought zoe there was going at murray's quote no corbyn, unless they're taking the quote at face value which is dumb

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Pt 2 of the ALAB Dersh series just dropped

https://twitter.com/ALABSeries/status/1299485799247994880

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Honest Thief posted:

maybe im parsing this wrong but i thought zoe there was going at murray's quote no corbyn, unless they're taking the quote at face value which is dumb

Well the fact that who fuckin knows is entirely the problem with this kind of quasi-academic gibberish these idiots keep coming out with

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I can't take 5-4 anymore. It's good but every week it's just "Here's another really stupid way in which this country is vicious and cruel. There's nothing you can do about it"

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/HoarseWisperer/status/1299501560385290240

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

i laughed a lot at the latest Seeking Derangements

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Start trolling this account as if it's the original HoarseWisperer so the libs will believe it

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

extremely cringe

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Gripweed posted:

I can't take 5-4 anymore. It's good but every week it's just "Here's another really stupid way in which this country is vicious and cruel. There's nothing you can do about it"

right there with you. while I'm completely the audience for it, they don't contribute enough beyond the recounting to do anything but depress me lol I'm weak

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

at least beep beep lettuce calls for violence

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

and they smoke weed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i'm not sure i've noticed