Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the other hand
Dec 14, 2003

43rd Heavy Artillery Brigade
"Ultima Ratio Liberalium"
Valador knows who deserves his ear now and it isn’t his children

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

Radio Free Kobold posted:

he's got a wife and kids dude. that's one of the highlights, him angrily ranting at us on discord for like five minutes straight while we can hear his wife saying "daddy's in an important meeting right now honey" to his kid
i hope his family's okay, they don't deserve to be party to any of this nonsense.

It's really not a highlight, it's sad and unfortunate.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

he's got a wife and kids dude. that's one of the highlights, him angrily ranting at us on discord for like five minutes straight while we can hear his wife saying "daddy's in an important meeting right now honey" to his kid
i hope his family's okay, they don't deserve to be party to any of this nonsense.

:cripes:

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

The irony of complaining that people won't "renounce SA" while trying to sell your scam as goon guild.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Well, we got the genuine goon drama experience under our belts. Now we're on to the genuine Eve game maintenance experience :ccp:

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Lutha Mahtin posted:

Well, we got the genuine goon drama experience under our belts. Now we're on to the genuine Eve game maintenance experience :ccp:

So now we just need the update that breaks some phone OS by deleting system files.

Alligator Tower
Aug 22, 2004

imagine your child asking for attention and instead your wife runs interference while you choose to rage about nerds on an internet spaceship game

Imagine not respecting the SIX MONTHS Valador spent setting up, uh, a website that looked like poo poo and got hacked, a discord, and taking credit for a bunch of cool poo poo other people did.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Alligator Tower posted:

Imagine not respecting the SIX MONTHS Valador spent setting up, uh, a website that looked like poo poo and got hacked, a discord, and taking credit for a bunch of cool poo poo other people did.

Didn't he just take over a discord that was already created? The man speaks like this game is all he has.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
I, personally am extremely disrespectful of taking credit for other people's cool poo poo. I mean look at how much credit I am getting v what I have actually done, poo poo is easy as gently caress, no one deserves respect for pulling that off.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Lutha Mahtin posted:

It really is, in every single way, the genuine EVE experience. It bring a tear to my eye.

Also if they stick to the previous announcement, the SP compensation for this downtime is going to be bonkers. Even by the estimate we're at 80,000SP and rising, and who knows if we'll get more; currently on the test server, they seem to be handing out 100k+.

I do kind of wonder how sustainable SP as maint comp is going to be as a strategy. :v: They don't want to just blast people up to battlecruisers in a few weeks and leave later newbies in the cold with no bonus SP. But then they can't really comp with AUR or PLEX without imploding the PLEX market. I kinda feel like they need a "free PLEX" currency, one you can spend like a PLEX but can't transfer in any way. poo poo, if I had some freePlex, I'd consider buying a Coercer skin.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Friends, GOONs, countrymen, lend me your ears;
I come to bury Pharnakes, not to praise them.
The good is oft interred with their bones;
So let it be with Pharnakes. The noble Valador
Hath told you Pharnakes was ambitious:
If it were so, it was a grievous fault,
And grievously hath Pharnakes answer’d it.
Here, under leave of Valador and the rest–
For Valador is an honourable man;
So are they all, all honourable men–
Come I to speak in Pharnake's funeral.
He was my friend, faithful and just to me:
But Valador says he was ambitious;
And Vaaldor is an honourable man.
He hath brought many captives home to Delve
Whose ransoms did the CEO's coffers fill:
Did this in Pharnakes seem ambitious?
When that the poor have cried, Pharnakes hath wept:
Ambition should be made of sterner stuff:
Yet Valador says he was ambitious;
And Valador is an honourable man.
You all did see that on the Launch Day
I thrice presented him a kingly crown,
Which he did thrice refuse: was this ambition?
And, sure, he is an honourable man.
I speak not to disprove what Valador spoke,
But here I am to speak what I do know.
You all did love him once, not without cause:
What cause withholds you then, to mourn for him?
O judgment! thou art fled to brutish beasts,
And men have lost their reason. Bear with me;
My heart is in the coffin there with Pharnakes,
And I must pause till it come back to me.
(weeps)

Teddray
Apr 24, 2005

My only weaknesses are meteorites and eating utensils.

Sickening posted:

Didn't he just take over a discord that was already created?

That is correct.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Popete posted:

(weeps)

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
Byzantine Goonpire makes a good alliance name.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

SpaceDrake posted:

It really is, in every single way, the genuine EVE experience. It bring a tear to my eye.

Also if they stick to the previous announcement, the SP compensation for this downtime is going to be bonkers. Even by the estimate we're at 80,000SP and rising, and who knows if we'll get more; currently on the test server, they seem to be handing out 100k+.

I do kind of wonder how sustainable SP as maint comp is going to be as a strategy. :v: They don't want to just blast people up to battlecruisers in a few weeks and leave later newbies in the cold with no bonus SP. But then they can't really comp with AUR or PLEX without imploding the PLEX market. I kinda feel like they need a "free PLEX" currency, one you can spend like a PLEX but can't transfer in any way. poo poo, if I had some freePlex, I'd consider buying a Coercer skin.

If you've got full Omega and all the brain chips, you're getting 100k SP a day naturally. The upper tech levels are tens of millions of SP away, so everyone being a day closer to that doesn't really mean much in the long run.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

kirtar posted:

So now we just need the update that breaks some phone OS by deleting system files.

its going to delete the secure enclave chip on iphone motherboards. the entire chip will just poof out of existence. take that, crapple

(note to less nerdy folks: this is a joke)

Teddray
Apr 24, 2005

My only weaknesses are meteorites and eating utensils.

Rynder posted:

Byzantine Goonpire makes a good alliance name.

I'd vote for Goontopia

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

he's really sticking with that terrorists line :laffo:

If the post-count wasn't a red flag, the fact that the sounds like an awful loving pubbie really should be.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Sickening posted:

Didn't he just take over a discord that was already created? The man speaks like this game is all he has.

Considering his post history that might be sadly accurate.

Malthuras
Feb 23, 2012

Go away

Popete posted:

(weeps)

:same:

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Too Shy Guy posted:

If you've got full Omega and all the brain chips, you're getting 100k SP a day naturally. The upper tech levels are tens of millions of SP away, so everyone being a day closer to that doesn't really mean much in the long run.

Sure, but if we start getting more of these marathon downtimes (and we will, this is early release EVE and ask any Second Genesis, Castor or even Exodus vet about the downtimes that occasionally happened in those eras) then it will start to add up, even if only by a million SP or two. Over the long run, I do wonder a little.

Also before the thread in Mobile died for real, I hurfed a bit more blurf about the state of Echoes and nullsec and what GROO is currently doing and, vain wall of text loving fucker I am, I don't quite want it to just vanish down the closed thread hole:

quote:

Stealthgerbil posted:

This is not really accurate since the 0.0 ores give vastly more low end minerals then highsec ores and also doing PI in 0.0 space also provides way more materials. Its a huge advantage being out in 0.0. Its worth being out there.

SpaceDrake posted:

The thing is, in Online this assumption works because of how much travel interdiction/interception there is - you can camp a gate, you can deny entry, you can control entry into various spatial points. This all necessitates living in nullsec in full time, because the liminal points between security gradations tend to be extremely dangerous. In Echoes at the moment, unless you are in a loaded mining frigate and get ambused by a pack of ten destroyers, travel is completely safe at all security levels so long as you use autopilot. You cannot be scrammed out of a warp alignment (which is the BIG one), scrams are rarer in general (tho getting less so by the day), unlike the EO autopilot the EE one will initiate your warp and alignment at the fastest speed of a computer (i.e. outside of human reaction time) and there are no interdiction bubbles of any sort yet (and dictors/hictors were very quietly removed from the ship tree very shortly after launch).

There is, as a result, no way to really exert traditional control of space in current Echoes outside of, potentially, absurdly massive blapping gatecamps 24/7. With most of the population only now getting Tech 6 ships if they started on launch day, this simply is not feasible, and true blapships are tech 7 or 8 at the absolute earliest. And even then there's tons of poo poo they won't catch. So lacking sovereignty and attendant features and with practical space control virtually impossible, living in null is a lifestyle choice more than a goal right now. There's still some valuable things in null - the abundant planets, the zyd/mega ores, the higher tier rats (who are friendlier to soloing/quick sessions and only a tiny bit slower than card missions), the deadspace sites - but none of them require absolutely setting up shop in null all the time. It's like Second Genesis EVE but writ even larger; it's valuable have eyes out there keeping an eye out for deadspaces while doing other stuff, sure, but once you find one, you light the Goonsignal, rally everyone at UHKL (which, again, real easy and fast when everyone can just set autopilot and go with almost no risk), and just cruise on out there and maybe get some pew with competitors on arrival. The PI stuff can be picked up once a week if need be, and the ratting is really friendly to being done casually and nothing about it mandates nullsec "life" when you can't get meaningfully denied entry back into empire space. At most you'd want some miners living out there, but we can't make modules directly currently and zyd/mega is only going to be needed for tech 7 ships and above - which even for full kit full omega players from day one remains a month away.

That's a shitload of :words:, especially for this dead thread, but the short of it is, folks like Kris are right: at this moment, on August 26th 2020, there's no particular reason or need to "live" in nullsec in EVE Echoes. There's plenty of reasons to travel there, but the nullsec/empire divide currently doesn't really exist in the way it does in Online. And basing at least partially out of Amarr allows us to get newbees geared up much faster and more reliably than the old setup of exclusive UHKL life.

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
The big problem with highsec is the number of Chinese ISK farmers. Unless you are running a storyline mission (maybe?) you run an even chance of them coming in, attacking everything, and attempting to steal your loot while you are at it. Lower profits and a different sort of PvP.

Sickening posted:

More inherited it, but yes. I created the original Discord. Credit where it is due, it was much more simplistic when I was owner. The only bot was GDN back then, though I do think I had a more understandable channel layout.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

In theory, the server will be back up in 82 minutes.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

rocketrobot posted:

There's a cap to the max points you can generate. I think it's 500k as I did not generate points above that when I joined a corp with my alt (which is also an omega clone).

on test when i logged in my alt had like 833k before any of the bonus stats were accounted for from the last few days

Machado de Assis
Dec 12, 2005

so uhhhhh how come you folks decided on using The Greater Goon as a name for your corp, when as far as I can tell noone in the original Greater Goon (except Pharnakes, who last interacted with other groons literally 10+ years ago) is involved? Original groon still exists as a discord playing things together (after hoegaarden let our forums be deleted overnight without warning), we just haven't bothered with anything eve related for something like five years and counting

knock yourselves out, just gonna be a little confusing to end up with two separate goon discord communities that happen to have the same name

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I should not be downloading this.

I have read enough EVE threads to know that I should not be downloading this.

...See you after the maintenance ends.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

delfin posted:

I should not be downloading this.

I have read enough EVE threads to know that I should not be downloading this.

...See you after the maintenance ends.

Good news! maintenence has ended.

nutri
Sep 7, 2010

Machado de Assis posted:

so uhhhhh how come you folks decided on using The Greater Goon as a name for your corp, when as far as I can tell noone in the original Greater Goon (except Pharnakes, who last interacted with other groons literally 10+ years ago) is involved? Original groon still exists as a discord playing things together (after hoegaarden let our forums be deleted overnight without warning), we just haven't bothered with anything eve related for something like five years and counting

knock yourselves out, just gonna be a little confusing to end up with two separate goon discord communities that happen to have the same name

tl;dr is that we started in a goon corp. that ceo turned out to be a complete dumb gently caress who was running a scam and it all burned down. The alliance spintered into 3 main groups. Greater goon, Karma Federation, and the original group which now says SA goons are toxic people who are the absolute worst. Oh and a bunch of people grabbed goon corp names early on as a troll. Its going as planned.

edit: whoops misunderstood the question. No idea why Groon was used.

nutri fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Aug 27, 2020

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

nutri posted:

tl;dr is that we started in a goon corp. that ceo turned out to be a complete dumb gently caress who was running a scam and it all burned down. The alliance spintered into 3 main groups. Greater goon, Karma Federation, and the original group which now says SA goons are toxic people who are the absolute worst. Oh and a bunch of people grabbed goon corp names early on as a troll. Its going as planned.

They are not asking what happened. They are asking why did you use a guild name you have no affiliation with.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

Keeping tradition with having a pubbie steal GoonFleet?

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

We are currently trying to come up with an alliance name to house all of the corps (whenever an alliance becomes needed, right now they are not). I assume that alliance name will become our "brand" in EE.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

I guess I'm partial to GOONFUCK [GOFU] myself

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack
yay they fixed hardeners!

notanewfag
May 13, 2008

Tremek posted:

I guess I'm partial to GOONFUCK [GOFU] myself

GOONFUCK [GOFU] myself....... hehehehe

Munkeylord
Jun 21, 2012
All this drama literally gave me mental illness to the point I had to probate myself! Literally need a month to recover from this.

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

beep-boop, I'm a Nummy Bacon Bot. I scrape your posts for bacon points!

To get your current bacon points message me with !bacon_points

To opt out of collecting nummy bacon points, just put me on ignore!

Munkeylord posted:

All this drama literally gave me mental illness to the point I had to probate myself! Literally need a month to recover from this.

Welcome to EVE

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009

Machado de Assis posted:

At the time I did it I assumed that we would become the chill group of outcasts, and as such Groon only seemed appropriate to tradition. By a chain of events that largely remains impenetrable to me we have ended up being the main SA group instead and I am rapidly drowning in quite ungroon like space bureaucracy but the name sticks if for no other reason than we paid the corp off upfront.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Finally got to make a character, so I missed out on all the SP yesterday and while it is a tad choppy on my XR, this still looks gorgeous. The voices and conversation between you and your ship is pretty sweet too :) I like it!

Malthuras
Feb 23, 2012

Go away

VideoGames posted:

Finally got to make a character, so I missed out on all the SP yesterday and while it is a tad choppy on my XR, this still looks gorgeous. The voices and conversation between you and your ship is pretty sweet too :) I like it!

Yea for a mobile game its pretty solid on the graphics...and drama

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Malthuras posted:

...and drama

Yeah I closed that thread again and edited it so hopefully no one gets taken in again.