Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

resting bort face posted:

Are bows a noob trap? Or just highly situational?

Bows are the funhaver's weapon of choice. They're a blast to use and some can commit warcrimes on an unprecedented scale.

Here are my faves:

Dread - Insanely high crit with a slash-biased arrow. It can cut mobs in half *and* pin them to walls.
Mutalist Cernos - Leaves toxic hell clouds wherever the arrows land. It sucks by default until you get Split Flights, which then makes this weapon do a complete 180 and inflict excessive biological warfare.
Lenz - Shoots an icy plasma arrow that then explodes with the fury of a supernova.
Kuva Bramma - Shoots an explosive arrow that then fragments into cluster bombs.

There are other bows too I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Cernos Prime is awesome. I keep hoping to score a riven for it some day.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

Dread with multishot and crit mods is fun even if it isn't the ultimate weapon, I used it a fair bit before I got the MR for more efficient weapons. I probably would've used it more if Wuclone could actually hit enemies with bows that don't have Loony Toons sticks of dynamite on the arrow tips.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I never did conservation until this patch and besides the bugs where spawn points dont work right I think its pretty fun.

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

I tried doing some echo-lure based hunting on Deimos. I decided on Cryptilex.

Equip the echo-lure and locations show up on map. Ok so far so good. Head over to one, get some tracks, follow them and do the echo-lure dance. So far, so good.

Now we're in the Tranq It! phase. Except I don't know where the gently caress this thing is. No minimap enemy icon appears. Nothing is glowing as I pan around scoped down the tranq rifle. I eventually give up and just fly around a bit and find a couple of Weakened things to go grab (why were they weakened and just lying around?). For shits, I go back to the call site and melee slam down and ... I just killed the Cryptilex. Son chews my drat ear off about it.

Soooo... I give it another shot, thinking the thing is gonna be nearby and I got unlucky. Can't find it. For 10 mins I'm just walking around as sneaky Ivara looking for something in my sights. I catch a lot of fish (hurray) but can't find anything to tranq (boo) and then the hotfix red text appears so I give up.

So my question is what the gently caress is a Cryptilex and where do they hide? Is conservation broken or did I pick the worst thing to try and hunt?

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

In my experience the cryptilex aren't broken, they just take a good minute to actually show up after you complete the minigame. The birbs are the truly broken ones

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

andyf posted:

So my question is what the gently caress is a Cryptilex and where do they hide? Is conservation broken or did I pick the worst thing to try and hunt?

It's basically a gribbly pobber. Roughly the same size and animations, but appears in singles instead of three at a time.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Ok I was probably overreacting to the tokens, after actually poking around it seems like I mostly want Granmaw's tokens for maximum rep gains.
DO any weapons get hidden traits from Xaku?

EDIT: I wasn't expecting Deimos to be good for low level frames, that's actually pretty nice for new players.

Dreadwroth2 fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Aug 27, 2020

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

andyf posted:

Conservation is broken but you're struggling with it for completely normal, non-bug-related reasons.

Listen to the response call when you're hunting animals to conserve. It'll tell you which direction they're coming from. Then aim down the tranq rifle and you'll see them outlined in flashing orange even through walls.

Unfortunately Deimos is 99% orange already because gently caress you that's why, but hopefully the flash itself will be enough.

e: also Cryptilex are little maggot dudes exactly like the ones from Nidus's 4 or the Strain mod set, except bigger

"gribbly pobbers" isn't too far off size-wise but the resemblance ends there

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Aug 27, 2020

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Helio's scans help a whole lot when first starting conservation, can easily spot the target or the nest for you.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

No Mods No Masters posted:

In my experience the cryptilex aren't broken, they just take a good minute to actually show up after you complete the minigame. The birbs are the truly broken ones

instead of using the whole echolure poo poo, I've had way better luck with the birds just flying around in my archwing. I have only ever seen the birds spawn on the very edge of the map, about 30m off the ground, hovering over what looks like the abyss. When they fall they do always fall on land, but they always look like their lil unconscious bodies should go plummeting into the ether

I got enough Common Avichaeas for rank-up in about 30 minutes by ignoring the spawn points

e: weirdly, the birds are also remarkably chill about me flying almost into their faces and then shooting them point blank, but ymmv

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Aug 27, 2020

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Dreadwroth2 posted:

Ok I was probably overreacting to the tokens, after actually poking around it seems like I mostly want Granmaw's tokens for maximum rep gains.
DO any weapons get hidden traits from Xaku?

EDIT: I wasn't expecting Deimos to be good for low level frames, that's actually pretty nice for new players.

You can get some sort of throwing knife blueprint that has some bonus, I forget what, when used by Xaku from the tier 5/steel path bounties. Incidentally it requires a resource which I think is only obtainable by trading in 20 grandma tokens so if you're interested maybe don't blow them on rep.

e: actually it's a war fan melee that I guess shoots daggers or something.

The Moon Monster fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Aug 27, 2020

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
FYI - from twitter

https://twitter.com/sj_sinclair/status/1298788834432495617

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Honestly if they're going to reduce them further they might as well just make them fully optional at this point.

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

Conservation not being optional was a mistake, but at the very least it should not be more than 3 son tokens for getting to rank 3.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
you just don't get it man they want you to experience their grand vision of incredibly hosed-up birds

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Yeah, I'd of liked conservation to remain a 100% optional side activity like in the other open worlds.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
I can't help but to cynically think the removal of standing rewards for tokens is stretching content. That's what confused me about the faction, everything is based on tokens. Its like treating a main faction as an operator faction. The presence of daily limits kinda makes the whole "gather as much as you want" irrelevant because most people aren't going to grind above and beyond. And we already have token systems in place with direct standing rewards. One of the major factors that I liked about Warframe was it gives options. Now those options are required.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
Appears the latest hotfix made isolation vaults impossible so don't run any until tomorrow when they fix them

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

If you want a wild as hell gimmick and you have a Cernos Prime, get Split Flights and try to turn your arc of arrows into a literal arc occupied by dozens of arrows

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Victory Position posted:

If you want a wild as hell gimmick and you have a Cernos Prime, get Split Flights and try to turn your arc of arrows into a literal arc occupied by dozens of arrows

Can confirm, is strong, but has the downside of being so inaccurate at range that enemies can fit between the arrows your shooting.

Absolutely A+ hallway clearer though.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Malloc Voidstar posted:

Appears the latest hotfix made isolation vaults impossible so don't run any until tomorrow when they fix them

How so? I ran a set of 3 solo a couple hours ago.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Helter Skelter posted:

How so? I ran a set of 3 solo a couple hours ago.
Tons of people reporting either a mech or the crystal not spawning making progression impossible.
It might be possible to get lucky but people are saying they've run them repeatedly and had them be impossible every time.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

I've run about 10 within the last 5 hours and so far the first vault never has a crystal and the second vault has a crystal but the second mech doesn't spawn so you can't even get partial credit.

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.
Group I was in was getting missing crystal in first vault every time then the third mech for the third vault spawning in the first vault and the third crystal didn't spawn once. Went solo and switched to doing west vault (by prospect) second and east vault (by abcess) last and had no bugs.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Once again, my habit of running new content solo to avoid issues pays off.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Them just entirely refusing to admit there's even a problem with scintillant drop rates is so loving DE.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I took their word for it that there would be scintillant in the vaults, so did them for several hours tonight and saw a grand total of zero. Must be weird for them designing a game they don’t actually play

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I'm one of the weirds who enjoys tranqing animals but it should be optional to gain tons of rep IMO.

Really like Deimos but struggling to see the mining points, there appears to have been a highlight function added at least.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
Does anyone know how the "protect the Corpus researcher while he uploads data" bounty stage works? I've never seen it complete with a bonus, he always bugs out before the data is fully uploaded despite being, seemingly, perfectly safe behind a hail of tenno weapons fire in every direction.

Kestral fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Aug 27, 2020

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Kestral posted:

Does anyone know how the "protect the Corpus researcher while he uploads data" bounty stage works? I've never seen it complete with a bonus, he always bugs out before the data is fully uploaded despite being, seemingly, perfectly safe behind a hail of tenno weapons fire in every direction.

This is educated guesswork, but:

- Player count appears to affect it. Lots of people complaining about not being able to complete it in a group; solo, I have yet to fail it.

- I think it works like Interception missions. It's not enough to prevent enemies from hurting the researcher, they can't even be near him. Ragdolled enemies don't count, though, so Nidus or Vauban should make it much easier.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
Iiiinteresting, that's a mechanic that could definitely use more clarity. I'll give Vauban a try alongside a friend's intense slowva and see if that makes a difference.

Unrelated, Baruuk is my boy for these bounties. Enemies blending in with the surroundings, hiding in tall grass, or having weird armor types matters not when Desert Wind comes a-knocking.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

I'm fairly certain it's impossible with 4 players. I've encountered that bounty once and despite literally no enemies spawning at all during the bonus phase we still failed it.

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.
This is what happens when scintillant shows up in a vault, I recommend 2x speed:

https://streamable.com/xy7rea

Impossible to grab it and it's the only one I've seen in 40+ vaults.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

So I did the base Deimos quest last night, grabbed enough stuff to turn in to make a quick 500 rep, bought the basic fishing spear, threw it at fish... and they instantly misted. I tried several fish and it just instagibs them. Is that intentional? I don't think I was getting anything from it, not even fish parts.

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here

Nalesh posted:

Them just entirely refusing to admit there's even a problem with scintillant drop rates is so loving DE.

It's been what like two days? In developer time that is nothing. The first few days you are typically only in critical bug-fixing mode, while you are doing that you observe the community's opinions on balance, then you address balance. Give them a moment drat.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

ElegantFugue posted:

So I did the base Deimos quest last night, grabbed enough stuff to turn in to make a quick 500 rep, bought the basic fishing spear, threw it at fish... and they instantly misted. I tried several fish and it just instagibs them. Is that intentional? I don't think I was getting anything from it, not even fish parts.

Bug. Relogging fixed it for me… :v:

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

ElegantFugue posted:

Had this bug in the intro quest, restarting the quest via the hub fixed it.

Havent run into any major other showstoppers yet, but we'll see.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Aug 27, 2020

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Arsonide posted:

It's been what like two days? In developer time that is nothing. The first few days you are typically only in critical bug-fixing mode, while you are doing that you observe the community's opinions on balance, then you address balance. Give them a moment drat.

I'm still a bit amazed there were people upset they couldn't sprint through the content to get frames in the helminth in the few hours before the daily reset

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiju15
Jul 25, 2013

Kestral posted:

You gotta stand right on top of him to feed him the data. At least that’s what a pubbie told me last night. Seemed to get more that way.