Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Unkempt posted:

In case anyone wants to watch a sci-fi comedy series with Joel Hodgson playing a jumpsuit-clad stoner trapped on a spaceship with a snarky robot voiced by Trace Beaulieu and various other characters, you can find all 8 episodes of 'Other Space' streaming on a thing called 'Dust'.

Other Space has a lot of young talented improv comics on it, and was made by Paul Feig who created Freaks and Geeks. It's criminally underrated imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
I'm not a Feig fan by any means, but the show was really funny... Trace's delivery of "oh God, they're fraternal!" still makes me laugh just thinking about it

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The reason most people haven't heard of it was because it was on the terribly run and short lived Yahoo streaming service (the one that spent a ton of money on a season of Community.)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So Rifftrax last year did 1990: The Bronx Warriors which Escape 2000 is a sequel to. It's really weird though because for a sequel pretty much nothing carries over between the movies. They both star Trash but other than the black lady he meets down in the tunnels (who's appearance in the first movie is also just a very short scene) there aren't any characters brought over.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah Other Space is solid and I always recommend it solely because you can almost guarantee the person you’re talking to has never heard of it.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Another Bill posted:

Other Space has a lot of young talented improv comics on it, and was made by Paul Feig who created Freaks and Geeks. It's criminally underrated imo

I guess that's how Joel and Trace ended up as adults on Freaks & Geeks then.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Please, in the interests of peace, smell yourself.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Oh my God, I do stink!

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Unkempt posted:

In case anyone wants to watch a sci-fi comedy series with Joel Hodgson playing a jumpsuit-clad stoner trapped on a spaceship with a snarky robot voiced by Trace Beaulieu and various other characters, you can find all 8 episodes of 'Other Space' streaming on a thing called 'Dust'.

thanks for posting that... I binged the whole thing the other day and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Other Space was a delight.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
anyone else feel like the industrial arts short is a bit of a rough chuckle? i would have killed someone to be able to take classes like that (and turned them into furniture).

seems like they didn’t know how good they had it, before everything was defunded

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

anyone else feel like the industrial arts short is a bit of a rough chuckle? i would have killed someone to be able to take classes like that (and turned them into furniture).

seems like they didn’t know how good they had it, before everything was defunded

It's the stiltedness and Incredibly 1950s Energy that makes the short work as riff material.

"I'm making a table for the Grand Wizard!"

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Funky Valentine posted:

It's the stiltedness and Incredibly 1950s Energy that makes the short work as riff material.

"I'm making a table for the Grand Wizard!"

"Hi Bill, Hi Joe"
"I'MNOTACOMMUNIST"

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Aug 28, 2020

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
any talk of unions brings a threat of reprisals at this school!

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
We'll need actors, people who can read. Lines and. Interact with others.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I sHoVe ThEm In mY uNdErWeAr

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
And then I thrust the nail into the soft, yielding wood.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
"But what about girls, young man?"
"no, no, Chisel"

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I KEEP POPULAR MECHANICS UNDER MY MATTRESS!

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
the piercing scream of a Freshman...

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
This is the movie that the boys had to go to the gym to watch, while the girls watched the OTHER film. :sweatdrop:

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Now, people like to use the word 'sinkhole' around these parts...

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Or skin...if you can get it.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Of course, once the house started falling down hill, that was a different story.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
I like to sneak in and lay on the table saw! :sweatdrop:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Extruded plastic dingus.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I can't get this thing back in my pants, Earl!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
It looks like he made his shirt out of wood.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I don't trust my wife 10:30am phone call...

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
ARGH! TURN IT OFF! ARGH!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Okay, we can use the toaster or...the lamp.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Oh, the previous tenant didn't flush.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
Don, there's a lovely kill floor in here!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

As it's Mr. Conniff's birthday today, I hope you'll all remember to turn your crank to Frank!

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Dawgstar posted:

As it's Mr. Conniff's birthday today, I hope you'll all remember to turn your crank to Frank!

Wynonna!

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth
More Garth! More Reba!

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

Having taken shop class, you didn't miss out on much.

Although my mom still uses my napkin holder I made circa 1996.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

Brooks and Dunn!

Brooks and Dunn!

Wynonna! :v:

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

They had us weld, which always seemed like a high-risk activity at the turn of the 21st century. I made a B- toolbox that my dad kept but never used.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

They had us weld, which always seemed like a high-risk activity at the turn of the 21st century. I made a B- toolbox that my dad kept but never used.

:supaburn:
"you dont' have to hold it there!"