Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Servaetes posted:

Twitch owns if you can make it past his dogshit laning phase you get two items and position well and rain death on everyone else almost a screen away

am I maybe buying the wrong items? 'cause I usually start with either IE (I can't get stacks fast enough to do enough damage to win fights) or BOTRK (I attack quickly but do very little damage)

people say he has a two item power spike but I feel like the only time I'm ever really successful as Twitch is about 40 minutes in with a full build

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

My usual Twitch build right now is BotRK + hurricane. Twitch gets a lot out of hurricane because you're then spreading his poison to more people at once and able to do even more AOE damage with his E, if there's no tanks or high health meatballs you need to bust through you can skip the bork and go hurricane first item. Getting that AOE ult rolling really does massively boost the amount of damage he can do in a fight.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

There's two "standard" builds I see on Twitch nowadays: Stormrazor + IEdge with Hail of Blades, or Manamune + Runaan's with Lethal Tempo. The former spikes hard as poo poo early, while the latter is considerably better for late game fights.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Bleck posted:

am I maybe buying the wrong items? 'cause I usually start with either IE (I can't get stacks fast enough to do enough damage to win fights) or BOTRK (I attack quickly but do very little damage)

people say he has a two item power spike but I feel like the only time I'm ever really successful as Twitch is about 40 minutes in with a full build

I used to do bork hurricane but every adc is abusing manamune which is bound to get hit like hell soon. Right now it looks like manamune and iedge. You wouldn't blow up entire teams until hurricane but you'd still hit incredibly hard in a line

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Aug 27, 2020

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Servaetes posted:

I used to do bork hurricane but every adc is abusing manamune which is bound to get hit like hell soon. Right now it looks like manamune and iedge. You wouldn't blow up entire teams until hurricane but you'd still hit incredibly hard in a line

You want IE and hurricane, it's just a question of which you get before the other.

Also, what more do I have to do to get my Jhin s-rank chest

This was apparently A+

edit: I just realised most of those numbers are useless because I just had the column, but still 17-0

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

When you’re an ADC they take points away unless you spam racial slurs, I hope you realize your mistake and correct it.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
What's the reason that Quinn doesn't get played bot lane? Is it as simple as that she has a general advantage over melee bruisers, so you might as well give her solo experience in the top lane?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

SirSamVimes posted:

You want IE and hurricane, it's just a question of which you get before the other.

Also, what more do I have to do to get my Jhin s-rank chest

This was apparently A+

edit: I just realised most of those numbers are useless because I just had the column, but still 17-0

The 2 biggest things holding you back from S rank are going to be farm and vision score. You have to put down wards/controls/kill wards and farm at least 6+ minions cs/d. If you get like 7.5+ it is way easier to get an S rank. Surprised your line didnt get it though!

Polderjoch
Jun 27, 2019

May the sacred flame guide me... Or something like that.

inthesto posted:

What's the reason that Quinn doesn't get played bot lane? Is it as simple as that she has a general advantage over melee bruisers, so you might as well give her solo experience in the top lane?

From what I can tell Quinn's kit just doesn't work well into botlane; she only has two actual damaging abilities, both of which focus on shutting down a single target, and her passive and ult both reward roaming a lot which doesn't work so well for duo botlanes, since it leaves the remaining botlaner vulnerable and lets the enemy push up much faster than toplane. She also doesn't scale as well as other ADCs, a lot of her power is bullying in the early/mid-game and getting the rest of her team ahead; even if you build full Crit on her she just doesn't have the kit to use it properly later on.

besides why take her bot lane when you can pick her to bully darius and garen players instead

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Her range is pretty piss poor too.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Guys when is school opening? Asking so I don't have to play with kids who afk after 1 death.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkID8_gnTxw

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Ulio posted:

Guys when is school opening? Asking so I don't have to play with kids who afk after 1 death.
I'm sorry you have been Flagged For Losses

Polderjoch posted:

From what I can tell Quinn's kit just doesn't work well into botlane; she only has two actual damaging abilities, both of which focus on shutting down a single target, and her passive and ult both reward roaming a lot which doesn't work so well for duo botlanes, since it leaves the remaining botlaner vulnerable and lets the enemy push up much faster than toplane. She also doesn't scale as well as other ADCs, a lot of her power is bullying in the early/mid-game and getting the rest of her team ahead; even if you build full Crit on her she just doesn't have the kit to use it properly later on.

besides why take her bot lane when you can pick her to bully darius and garen players instead
Her kit has basically no escape plan so if you don't end the game before people are grouped up or she's super-fed and can take out like 2 people by herself she's basically just trading 1 for 1 like Nocturne the rest of the game.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Eh not as good as Popstars but also i wonder why they didn't just debut this with the animation like they did with Popstars.

Will still sell a poo poo ton of skins I guess.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I feel like it's going to grow on me like the True Damage song did, but also I want an actual video for it because right now I'm not convinced by maskless Akali.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
This is just a single from a future EP, one of the other songs will probably get the full video treatment

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

They should have had a warning that the video would not be as hype as pop stars.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

milkman dad posted:

They should have had a warning that the video would not be as hype as pop stars.

That should've been assumed really from the fact that it wasn't Popstars.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Yeah but World's is coming soon and they've already set the bar with Popstars so they've gotta have their own Riot-sponsored group playing or we're going to have to go back to Imagine Dragons or whoever the gently caress played the years between them and KDA

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

I think the song slaps, but yea i think theres gonna be a lot of disappointment that its just a lyric trailer. Given that they are gonna have a bunch of songs at Worlds this year Im assuming we'll get atleast 1 video out of it.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
There's gonna be a lot of music this Worlds, not surprising given it was supposed to be the 10th anniversary. Riot already announced a partnership with UMG to produce six songs for Worlds a week or so ago.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Also came across this on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/ih209v/fanart_i_made_spirit_blossom_kindred_in_3d/

Someone made the spirit blossom lamb model in 3d and it totally looks like it could be one of those vtubers. Now I want a jungle streamer to use this as their face cam.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

How do I get less bad at remembering to use BoRK? I played an ARAM of Varus today and I don't think my BoRK was on cooldown, ever. It just feels so awkward to pause(?) and bork something from what feels like uncomfortably close, preventing me from doing as much stutter-stepping and taking some unclear amount of time to fire.

This is also because I have cancelled my bork usage a million times by using other abilities, walking, and attacking.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Arcturas posted:

How do I get less bad at remembering to use BoRK? I played an ARAM of Varus today and I don't think my BoRK was on cooldown, ever. It just feels so awkward to pause(?) and bork something from what feels like uncomfortably close, preventing me from doing as much stutter-stepping and taking some unclear amount of time to fire.

This is also because I have cancelled my bork usage a million times by using other abilities, walking, and attacking.

Quick cast your items and just learn to spam it. I've been building bork alot on ashe and it just took a couple of matches of actively focusign on cutlass + bork to become second nature. I also swap it to my most used item cast (2) which I normally put pots on. Then in a fight I use it inbetween an auto, or to slow someone if needed.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Arcturas posted:

If you're fast enough at key-bindings just re-cast item 1 to W or another passive :shrug: as a support main I'm used to having like 2 or 3 more buttons in ARAM

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Jerkface posted:

Quick I also swap it to my most used item cast (2) which I normally put pots on.

This is something that gets overlooked a lot but having consistent item slot placement helps a ton with building the muscle memory to quickly use items. If you play a lot of champs that use similar builds then try to always put the same item on the same slot, or if you play champs with differing builds try to classify by effect type (I.e. I put gargoyles stone plate and zhonyas on the same key because they are both defensive items.)

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

1 to Run
2 affects You
3 to See
4 for More
5 to save Lives
6 for you're really using 6 actives? drat dude I'm impressed frankly

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

jesus christ... that was POGGERS as gently caress...

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I know this complaint is like twelve years old and I'm super late to the party, because I only play League for like a month and blow $10 on skins and poo poo and leave after I've had my fill, but: Good lord I hate how the surrender function kicks in in about enough time for everyone to get all their abilities, which is about what it takes for players to understand how every character on the field works. This cuts both ways, I've had the enemy surrender and wipe out my game early just as much as I've had teammates surrender early when I was writing where we should group up and who we should focus on.

Five years of Dota caused me to believe that a surrender option is a good thing, because close wins are more enjoyable than games where you crushed so hard that you can do a touchdown dance right on their spawning podium. But I'd like it a lot more if it only showed up once someone lost a barracks or replicator or whatever it's called.

I know complaining on SA will not change anything in League, I just wanted to vent.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Craptacular! posted:

I know this complaint is like twelve years old and I'm super late to the party, because I only play League for like a month and blow $10 on skins and poo poo and leave after I've had my fill, but: Good lord I hate how the surrender function kicks in in about enough time for everyone to get all their abilities, which is about what it takes for players to understand how every character on the field works. This cuts both ways, I've had the enemy surrender and wipe out my game early just as much as I've had teammates surrender early when I was writing where we should group up and who we should focus on.

Five years of Dota caused me to believe that a surrender option is a good thing, because close wins are more enjoyable than games where you crushed so hard that you can do a touchdown dance right on their spawning podium. But I'd like it a lot more if it only showed up once someone lost a barracks or replicator or whatever it's called.

I know complaining on SA will not change anything in League, I just wanted to vent.

Dear God no, trapping us in games that are lost causes for a moment longer than necessary would be godawful.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Yeah well I'm not going to pretend I know when the right metric is, and I know from experience that people will just leave and be jerks if they really want to leave and can't; but for an unranked game which is where you're going to have a lot of newbies, 15 minutes too early for ragers to be allowed to ff the game.

Edit: Maybe it's because I'm in that weird unranked pool where people will get mad if someone leaves their starting position 20 minutes into the game. Generally whether or not my team wins or loses depends on whether everyone else is willing to make plays before the other side does, because I'm sort of trained to expect rotations in 10-12 minutes and the other rookies kinda just want practice last hitting until a tower falls no matter how long that takes.

Edit 2: Apparently this is a change that happened around 2017, which explains why I don't remember seeing such early voting when I last experimented with League.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Aug 28, 2020

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
My personal surrender hell is when we're 20-0 down, ff at 15 pops up but someone hits no, then at 19.55 yasuo flash dives, dies, initiates surrender but it fails cos they couldn't wait 5 seconds for the 20 minute mark

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

Surrenders at 15 have to be unanimous, just vote no

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

el dingo posted:

My personal surrender hell is when we're 20-0 down, ff at 15 pops up but someone hits no, then at 19.55 yasuo flash dives, dies, initiates surrender but it fails cos they couldn't wait 5 seconds for the 20 minute mark

You can just hold your vote for 5 seconds and avoid this.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Craptacular! posted:

Yeah well I'm not going to pretend I know when the right metric is, and I know from experience that people will just leave and be jerks if they really want to leave and can't; but for an unranked game which is where you're going to have a lot of newbies, 15 minutes too early for ragers to be allowed to ff the game.

Edit: Maybe it's because I'm in that weird unranked pool where people will get mad if someone leaves their starting position 20 minutes into the game. Generally whether or not my team wins or loses depends on whether everyone else is willing to make plays before the other side does, because I'm sort of trained to expect rotations in 10-12 minutes and the other rookies kinda just want practice last hitting until a tower falls no matter how long that takes.

Edit 2: Apparently this is a change that happened around 2017, which explains why I don't remember seeing such early voting when I last experimented with League.

You will see a much different mental attitude on giving up in ranked games, even in ranked flex which is "fake ranked". People give up at 15 in 20 in normal games way more often.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

People give up way too easily in general. Dieing once to a jungle invade before minions spawn doesn’t mean you’ll lose you fuckin weirdo.

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

Invalid Validation posted:

People give up way too easily in general. Dieing once to a jungle invade before minions spawn doesn’t mean you’ll lose you fuckin weirdo.

This mentality is hilarious to me because the opposite always happens to my usual crew: if we get 1-2 invade kills before minions spawn, we almost always lose

We still invade in like 99% of games anyway

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I'd say a good third of my wins have had a surrender vote put up and only one of those was a game where we only had a tiny shot at pulling out the win.

The dota comparison doesn't work because league snowballs way harder and you can't gank someone to make them lose gold.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

They changed it a while back to give piss all for good and exp for early first bloods. I’m pretty sure it’s still the same which makes it even dumber to be pissypants about it.

Although I tend to think the game is at an all time high for snowballing out of control. You used to be able to pull games out of spiraling but it’s very hard to do that now.

Invalid Validation fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Aug 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Invalid Validation posted:

Although I tend to think the game is at an all time high for snowballing out of control. You used to be able to pull games out of spiraling but it’s very hard to do that now.

I've always hated buybacks in dota so it does feel good in league when their super fed hard carry fucks up and you get the kill and can just end because their death timer is so long.