Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Denis created the trailer to train the faithful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Not sure how we're doing spoilers but in those leaked stills does gurney have bagpipes?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Ingmar terdman posted:

Not sure how we're doing spoilers but in those leaked stills does gurney have bagpipes?

baliset is different you uncultured swine

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Mister Speaker posted:

Denis created the trailer to train the faithful.

It's true.
I tried not to look at the spoiler images. I failed.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Tree Bucket posted:

It's true.

It's dune spoiler there is sand and giant worms

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Tree Bucket posted:

It's true.

Same. A 'sietchposting' group on FB had someone post a bunch of stills. I immediately unfollowed, but TBH I probably don't have the strength to avoid watching a trailer when it actually drops - I was hoping to see it 'organically', I mean in a theatre before a movie, y'know, the traditional way. I might have to take a hiatus from this thread when it goes online.

I did see Tenet tonight though, trailer or not. It was whack. Typical Chris Nolan: visually stunning, punishing sound design and loving NO ADR DIALOG BURIED IN THE MIX GODDAMN AM I ACTUALLY DEAF OR WHAT? Worth seeing if you like a good mindfuck, but significantly further up Nolan's billionaire rear end than his previous work. It's literally got a drifting catamaran race scene, like Chris did that on vacation and was like "this is going in my next movie for rich people", and that's not even nearly the worst part.

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.
I shouldn't have spoiled it by looking at the shot of the Baron, but dam he's a good looking Baron!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

im pretty spoiler sensitivo in general but LMAO at mentat nerds itt remaining spoiler-free for this particular movie ityool 2020 hell world when no other films are coming out and nothing else is good in life

loving EAT IT UP YOU APES

you already know what happens, you already know you're gonna watch it a dozen times, who cares? savor the spoilers!

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
I just want you to know that I've spent the last week desperate to post TRAILER IS OUT and link to the conebros thread.
I'm taking my hand out of the box, bring the needle, witch.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

I so desperately need to re-purchase my precious balls tag. Dune first or site sale first?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Anne Frank Funk posted:

I so desperately need to re-purchase my precious balls tag. Dune first or site sale first?

call in favors from Dune thread mod residents

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

A desperate measure!

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

sebmojo posted:

It's dune spoiler there is sand and giant worms

AW WHAT. Thanks for spoiling Brian Herbert's epic Octilogy, NOT.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
Thank you skasion for sharing your other memory with us

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

skasion posted:

EYES OF IBAD CONFIRMED

More caps from trailer

Paul and Mohiam

Paul and Mohiam close

Put your dick in the box

Gom Jabbar

Kull wahad!

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

USUL HAS CALLED A BIG LEAK

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
Genderswapped Liet is totally working for me. Honestly they could have 'swapped just about any character in the movie and I'd still like it provided they were serious with casting, but Liet was a good choice

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

That thopter loving rules

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Murray Mantoinette posted:

Genderswapped Liet is totally working for me. Honestly they could have 'swapped just about any character in the movie and I'd still like it provided they were serious with casting, but Liet was a good choice

I think it could easily get into eye-rolling territory to make the leader of the exotic foreign spiritual tribal guys a black woman. But we’ll see how they do.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

you already know what happens

You'll be surprised by the Spacing Modules, the Weirding Guild, the Sandbenders, and the many, many Weasel milking scenes

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

skasion posted:

I think it could easily get into eye-rolling territory to make the leader of the exotic foreign spiritual tribal guys a black woman. But we’ll see how they do.

Wasn’t Liet from offworld as the imperial planetologist but went native? Kind of puts a different spin on that narrative.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

drat that made me think about max von sydow and i got sad

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

TK-42-1 posted:

Wasn’t Liet from offworld as the imperial planetologist but went native? Kind of puts a different spin on that narrative.

Pardot, his father, was. Liet’s mother was a Fremen.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

TK-42-1 posted:

No, that was Liet's father. Liet himself was born on Dune to the previous planetologist and a Freman woman. Liet does have a between two worlds thing, and an awareness that a lot of what the Freman attribute to mysticism is a deliberate expression ecological science.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If only he knew about the missionary protectiva as well

Tree Bucket posted:

It's true.

They tried and failed?

They tried and died. I'm dead.

That box scene is going to fuckin own. It's a great scene though, one of the best of the books and the Lynch movie so it makes sense.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

baliset is different you uncultured swine

Nah I mean in the still of him there it sure does look like there are some behind him

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
That's a hypnobong, you water fat fucks

Jesus In A Can
Jul 2, 2007
From Concentrate
Gurney man was two Tleilaxu in a suit of armor this entire time

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

StashAugustine posted:

:hai:

All lookin good but I wanna know what's up with Feyd

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He’s not in this movie.

Hope he’s in the next.

Hope there’s a next.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

StashAugustine posted:

DENIS YOU DID NOT MAKE THE BIRD COPTER LIKE I MADE YOU PROMISE IN THAT DREAM (also I'm pregnant and you're the smizmar)

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

The Bloop posted:

You'll be surprised by the Spacing Modules, the Weirding Guild, the Sandbenders, and the many, many Weasel cat milking scenes

"We brought you a little cat Thufir. You must care for it if you wish to live."

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
kwisatz haderach
kwisatz haderach
kwisatz haderach
Heir of Atreides and the worm king's dad

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

phasmid posted:

DENIS YOU DID NOT MAKE THE BIRD COPTER LIKE I MADE YOU PROMISE IN THAT DREAM (also I'm pregnant and you're the smizmar)

Bird thopters are also cool but that is a cool original design that also gets the weird flying machine aspect. Imo

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Bubblyblubber posted:

That's a hypnobong, you water fat fucks

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

im pretty spoiler sensitivo in general but LMAO at mentat nerds itt remaining spoiler-free for this particular movie ityool 2020 hell world when no other films are coming out and nothing else is good in life

loving EAT IT UP YOU APES

you already know what happens, you already know you're gonna watch it a dozen times, who cares? savor the spoilers!

There is a mentat!? F***ing spoiler

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

The mentat will do nothing and influence nothing, so it's really not much of a spoiler

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
l like the bug thopter. 'tis cool.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.

Phlegmish posted:

The mentat will do nothing and influence nothing, so it's really not much of a spoiler

The mentat is going to get TOLD by Jessica and it's going to own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

uber_stoat posted:

l like the bug thopter. 'tis cool.

It gives the Denis-verse a bit of dark weirdness. I mean, I'm not expecting him to 'out-weird' Lynch...nor do I want him to because I think Lynch's vision wasn't all that coherent, rather it was aiming for a ghastly supernatural eccentricity which was kind of at odds with how grounded a lot of Dune is. But the weird space mysticism and thematic allusions to old terran lore need to be depicted somehow.