Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

It'll be a dairy queen spoon.

Or one of those <3.5" folders that every chud / EDC coworker insists they carry 24/7 to their office job or they will be helpless to open packages and letters. Can magically transform into a deadly weapon at the convenience of police

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I'm not linking it here, you can find it yourself if you're so inclined.
I forced myself to read the sentencing notes from the Christchurch fuckwit and aside from being one of the worst things I've ever read, the judge sentenced him to somewhere north of 4000 years in prison.

What a terrible loving waste.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Wonder Free posted:

That pass sucked. 5 penetrations total tonight. We hit a lot of updrafts and had to do a bunch of speed adjustments to keep things smooth. Not too many big hits though. Some negative G’s as well.

We were seeing 137kts on the surface but we couldn’t find enough to call it a cat V. NHC is going with 130kts officially to keep it a IV.

We do see birds in the eye sometimes. We hit one a few years ago and didn’t know it. It got power washed off by the storm but we had a big dent in the leading edge of the wing that needed fixing.

Following the track do you fly out of Polk County?

For some reason I thought it would be TPA or MCO if you were in central FL.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm already seeing "JACOB BLAKE WAS ARMED" headlines from rightwing media on facebook.

Northern florida is loving irredeemable

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
Lmao, knives are out

https://twitter.com/IPM_HQ/status/1298815420531642368

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

LingcodKilla posted:

Who’s gonna win? One spicy black boi no apparent weapon but with a knife stashed in his car or 7 police with guns already pulled out and aimed?

gently caress if I know but I’m going home tonight.

Am I missing something or is this a really lovely post

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/davantelewis/status/1298967952365150209?s=21

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

You are missing something. CrabDad doesn’t have a malicious bone in his body and couldn’t be intentionally offensive if he wanted to be.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

The hurricane is Antifa

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Crabdad also went through police academy but did not get a job because he rightfully called out lovely officer candidates for sexual harassment and racism, which in turn resulted in his exile from the community.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

Crabdad also went through police academy but did not get a job because he rightfully called out lovely officer candidates for sexual harassment and racism, which in turn resulted in his exile from the community.

drat, respeck to the crabfather

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

normal settler-colonial slaving country

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
He had a knife in his car when he got shot 7 times in the back.

So you're saying he was unarmed. Gotcha.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

he might have had even more knives in his house, someone should check on that

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Mr. Nice! posted:

I thought that was someone posting the plot to police academy

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Milo and POTUS posted:

I thought that was someone posting the plot to police academy

Crabdad is actually Hightower

(I haven't seen the movies since the 80s, don't @ me if I chose a bad example)

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Hekk posted:

You are missing something. CrabDad doesn’t have a malicious bone in his body and couldn’t be intentionally offensive if he wanted to be.

Turns out you can still make a lovely offensive post without meaning to!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

egyptian rat race posted:

Police had the Patriot's owner Robert Kraft getting a blowie ON VIDEO in a sting op and he still all but walked free... I think the trial itself is still up in the air but the video evidence is thrown out due to invasion of privacy and lack of "minimization" by police. It doesn't matter if they have you dead to rights if you're rich.

The better interpretation is that this PD was blatantly disregarding the law and constitutional rights and was only called on it when they charged people with enough money for lawyers to not just plead out.

Oh, and the human trafficking stuff was completely fabricated.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

hobbesmaster posted:

The better interpretation is that this PD was blatantly disregarding the law and constitutional rights and was only called on it when they charged people with enough money for lawyers to not just plead out.

So what you're saying is, is that that PD disregards the law to arrest people and the only people who have their rights protected are rich dudes what can afford lawyers?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

hobbesmaster posted:

Eh, if they had just stopped the camera a couple of times everything would have been hunky dory in the judge's eyes for the kraft case.

Also, just :lol: if you think that rub and tug employees are doing the job 100% voluntarily.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

Also, just :lol: if you think that rub and tug employees are doing the job 100% voluntarily.

The cops sure think that now based on the charges.

Defenestrategy posted:

So what you're saying is, is that that PD disregards the law to arrest people and the only people who have their rights protected are rich dudes what can afford lawyers?

Yeah, the hosed up part of this isn't the rich person, its that theres no punishment for a department to do this.

hobbesmaster fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Aug 27, 2020

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

hobbesmaster posted:

The cops sure think that now based on the charges.

This might as well be a point in favor of it being sex trafficking. If the cops are saying its not sex trafficking they're either covering for the $ behind the trafficing or they're just really exceptionally dumb and ignorant.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Internet Wizard posted:

Turns out you can still make a lovely offensive post without meaning to!

Or make lovely drive by comments that add nothing to the discussion.

Maybe try participating in good faith until the guy floating on the other side of the planet has the chance to get an internet connection again and come back to re engage?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Doc Hawkins posted:

he might have had even more knives in his house, someone should check on that

His body stored the potential energy to choke any number of people to death!

Wonder Free
Jun 19, 2006

Throw some D's..

Nystral posted:

Following the track do you fly out of Polk County?

For some reason I thought it would be TPA or MCO if you were in central FL.

We are based out of Lakeland now. From 1992-2017 we were at MacDill AFB in Tampa, but they kicked us off to make room for some extra tankers that never wound up coming. The old hangar is still empty.

We / our other historical iterations and agencies were at Homestead AFB in Miami before that, but Hurricane Andrew wrecked that.

Lakeland is... very central Florida. They market it as being right between Orlando and Tampa, but I find it’s not convenient to either unless you live in the suburbs and work in Lakeland. The airport director has some crazy plan to make it a giant commercial airport - amazon runs cargo through there now too. They did custom build us a gigantic hangar, and are further expanding it now so we can fit like 14 planes of various sizes inside. The rent wound up being significantly cheaper than the other local competing airports too.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Yeah I’m sorry but the motto of “make it home alive” is practically a mantra. This justifies maximizing the use of force and then saying you feared for your life for anything including a dude walking away from you with empty hands. Those cowards if they were truly so concerned should have gone hands on. No excuse. Zero. Except that he was a scary big black dude not listening to directions. Instant death sentence.

Apparently tazed (I haven’t seen any video of this) and missed? Don’t see any wires and darts.

Police Academy was a mistake and I should have gone straight into the military. We have infinitely more accountability than your average police.
I’m not 100% ACAB. More like 95% but those 5% I’m very disappointed they don’t do more to bring change about and I won’t defend them. They on their own to prove they are needed and not a drain on society.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I've been watching the 24/7 reruns of COPS on Pluto TV this week and it's amazing how often they create a problem out of whole cloth and even more amazing that I went decades without noticing that

And these are the calls they put on TV to make themselves look good

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I’ve been on about 30 ride alongs and quite frankly a majority of them would be so boring they’d be shown at 2am on the weather channel.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

shame on an IGA posted:

I've been watching the 24/7 reruns of COPS on Pluto TV this week and it's amazing how often they create a problem out of whole cloth and even more amazing that I went decades without noticing that

COPS always seemed kind of gross to me when I was younger, but I wouldn't have been able to tell you why. I haven't watchdd an episode in a decade probably, but I'm gonna assuming it's basically loving with poor people for sport? Kind of wild that it was on TV for so many years.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

shame on an IGA posted:

COPS posted:

Your brake light is out/didn't use your turn signal / window tint is too dark/ muffler too loud. You don't mind if I search your car do you?

Finds something

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

bengy81 posted:

COPS always seemed kind of gross to me when I was younger, but I wouldn't have been able to tell you why. I haven't watchdd an episode in a decade probably, but I'm gonna assuming it's basically loving with poor people for sport? Kind of wild that it was on TV for so many years.

It's still on TV. 32 Seasons, 1103 episodes!

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Mustang posted:

It's still on TV. 32 Seasons, 1103 episodes!

Didn't they just cancel ot because of the protests?

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch

bengy81 posted:

LivePD or whatever that show was called felt even grosser. Turning people’s worst day ever into a live sports broadcast where you cheer on your favorite officer and a table of experts sitting in the studio analyzing the replays never felt right to me.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

RFC2324 posted:

Didn't they just cancel ot because of the protests?

Yeah they cancelled any new production but reruns will likely still float around for awhile.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
A couple of cops I knew talked about how they frequented prostitutes and how it was essentially a perk of the job since they have all the power in this situation. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess this is definitely a thing that a not insignificant number of police do and they don't give a poo poo about human sex trafficking for that reason as well

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Handsome Ralph posted:

Yeah they cancelled any new production but reruns will likely still float around for awhile.

Reruns of it will never die, just like reruns of Springer will never die. And for much the same reason

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Badge bunnies are a thing and those guys needing to resort to forcing prostitutes are the scum of the earth.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
I think it's less they need to resort to it and more they're sociopaths so they think it's cool to do that, much as committing unchecked violence against unarmed people is cool

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

Handsome Ralph posted:

Not just cancelled, but cancelled after they destroyed footage of cops killing a guy before it became evidence.

https://www.statesman.com/news/20200619/prosecutors-focus-on-destruction-of-lsquolive-pdrsquo-video

quote:

[District Attorney] Moore and her civil rights unit will continue to investigate the use of force by Williamson County deputies that led to Ambler’s death in March 2019. Details of the death of the 40-year-old father came to light last week when the American-Statesman and KVUE-TV obtained bodycam video from one of the officers involved showing that deputies repeatedly used a Taser as Ambler pleaded that he had congestive heart failure and could not breathe before dying on the ground.

Williamson County Deputies J.J. Johnson and Zach Camden both had “Live PD” crews with them, records show.

The deletion of that footage has been a major source of frustration among investigators after the show’s producers confirmed that their cameras captured the deadly encounter but that the video no longer existed. That has raised questions about how aggressively investigators pursued the video days after Ambler’s death and the circumstances that led to it being erased.

Officials for Big Fish Entertainment, which produced the now-canceled show, and the show’s host have said that they were told by sheriff’s officials in June 2019 that the investigation into Ambler’s death had concluded and that they destroyed the video at that time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

maffew buildings posted:

A couple of cops I knew talked about how they frequented prostitutes and how it was essentially a perk of the job since they have all the power in this situation. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess this is definitely a thing that a not insignificant number of police do and they don't give a poo poo about human sex trafficking for that reason as well

I have a lot of friends on the sex worker side. Frequenting isn't the right word. They feel since sex workers sell their time, as cops they are owed freebies. Consent is optional. And rarely given. It's one of many reasons cops love to have massively inflated trafficking numbers. It gives cover for rape. "We're helping get billions of women safely off the street. Of course some will show gratitude by loving us. And the gun to their head was because they like some kinky roleplay." which also benefits funding. For all of the fundie groups that talk about sex trafficking you'll notice some things. The first is that they equate all human trafficking to sex trafficking. Labor trafficking tends to be more common but it never gets the headlines. And the fundie groups tend to have nothing advocating for treatment of sex trafficking victims beyond using them to get at the people who trafficked them. If the DA needs to charge them with prostitution to get them to plead down, and the victim has to spend a few years in prison and have a criminal record...well then they were whores for getting into it.