Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_005LM9QC30

what the gently caress happened here? going so well until clark loving kent shows up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
No idea why the guy waited to finish his current patrol before going into an alert state but you can hear his detection meter filling up as you shoot the water cooler, he should have alerted as soon as you fired.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

oh, that could be it. gets distracted by the dead body which puts a hold on doing anything else, but still has the "hey hold on who the gently caress" response queued up

btw if anyone else wants to try this kill method for master SASO, it works pretty well, but be ready to either distract or take out the female vendor nearby cause otherwise she'll come turn on the generator and whoever's mopping up the water will eat poo poo. I left my gun next to it and that bought enough time to get to the exit

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I'm not the biggest fan of The Finish Line. It's a cool setting/concept but the racetrack basically means that the map is split in two and getting between the two can be a bit of a faff. Also, most of the story opportunities are not intuitive and also require Sierra and/or Robert to walk long distances whilst you wait for them.

I agree, but that set of issues describes a heckuva lot of hitman 2.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The game would benefit a lot if you could gently caress around with the event flags after you've beaten the level, just starting with the race over would've been real nice. Either that or a phantom cigar to run through time faster

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
I’m new to Hitman 2016 and i wanted to ask,on the sapienza level is there a reliable way to snipe francesca into the water without anyone knowing?

I was thinking of using one of those sound mines,haven’t tried them yet.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
She goes down to the docks if you wake up the detective who's sleeping in the back streets in town.

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

i experimented with that today, from both the ruins and the church tower, and the sniper rifle (at least the one i was using) isn't strong enough to throw her over the edge into the water.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

oh no computer posted:

i experimented with that today, from both the ruins and the church tower, and the sniper rifle (at least the one i was using) isn't strong enough to throw her over the edge into the water.

Maybe you need to use a sniper rifle with the Piercing perk? The one in Season 1 is the Jaeger 7 Lancer, which you unlock at Sapienza Mastery 20.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
I guess I misunderstood the question :v:

The sniper you get from the 2016 game of the year pack is the best for launching bodies, I believe.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Discendo Vox posted:

I agree, but that set of issues describes a heckuva lot of hitman 2.

The ones in Another Life might be worse because it takes both Janus and Cassidy forever to get anywhere!

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
Man this epic exclusivity stuff sucks. Was 100% going to make this game my first preorder since...idk, Starcraft 2? Would've been my first preorder on Steam ever.

Been a fan of this series for years and this really puts a bad taste in my mouth. The VR announcement solely for PSVR rubbed me the wrong way and there's no guarantee that even comes to PC (Resident Evil 7's VR is still PSVR exclusive, for example, and they CONFIRMED it would be coming to PC a year after release).

I love these games and want to see them succeed. I bought both Hitman 1 and 2 twice, for PS4 and again on PC as soon as I had a rig that could run it. I have a friend who's borrowing my PS4 right now specifically for Hitman because I needed someone to talk about it with. I payed for PS+ again just for him, since the entire structure of the game is locked behind that paywall.

I'm similarly going to own two copies of Hitman 3, but for the wrong reasons. I'll have to pay for a year of PS+ to experience it properly. None of my progress on PS4 will carry over to my PC, which is where the majority of my time with this series has been.

Hitman's the closest thing I've found to a game made specifically for me, but this is a whack move. It makes absolutely no sense to me outside of monetary gain, but as a fan who was planning on giving them as much money as I could already, this sucks rear end.

They're gonna get my money, doubly so, but my glowing reverence for this series just took a massive blow.

That being said Dartmoor looks fuckin dope.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Ibexaz posted:

Man this epic exclusivity stuff sucks. Was 100% going to make this game my first preorder since...idk, Starcraft 2? Would've been my first preorder on Steam ever.

Don't preorder games, ever. No reason.

Ibexaz posted:

The VR announcement solely for PSVR rubbed me the wrong way and there's no guarantee that even comes to PC (Resident Evil 7's VR is still PSVR exclusive, for example, and they CONFIRMED it would be coming to PC a year after release).

No, there's no guarantee. But I'm sorry, I have to laugh at being upset they're adding VR. Like, even if VR never comes to PC, Hitman 1 and Hitman 2 didn't have VR. Them adding it to PSVR upsetting you is... pretty immature dude.

I would absolutely love for Hitman PC VR and I'll be disappointed if they don't ever port it, but at worst case scenario that just means Hitman 3 would be as good as 1 and 2. Not getting a bonus isn't something to get pissed about.

This really screams of nerd rage in the worst way. Its a videogame buy it or don't.

Ibexaz posted:

I'm similarly going to own two copies of Hitman 3, but for the wrong reasons. I'll have to pay for a year of PS+ to experience it properly.

They're gonna get my money, doubly so, but my glowing reverence for this series just took a massive blow.

I'm sorry what

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

preordering is the only honorable way to game

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Graah, I need 40 more kills in ghost mode by the end of the month. Everything else is complete. Someone lend me an hour.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.

Ibexaz posted:

[Words about consuming HITMAN games]

Yo this is an unhealthy attitude in regards to enjoying games. Never pre-order a game. Once it's out just get it where it's available, there's no reason to give any specific platform your loyalty. Don't let FOMO get the better of you and make you buy the game twice, that poo poo is dumb.

Relax and hit some mans.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

i preordered hm2 gold edition and the first time any of the expansion stuff became available they put it on sale so i wasted $20

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Goddammit, messed up the propane explosion at the end of Holiday Hoarders and failed it. And as you can't save, I really don't feel like going around stealing all of the items again to get them into position. Grrrrr.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Man,that bangkok mission was a pain,i figured how to lure jordan with the recording but the lawyer was tough.

I know you can explode the tuk tuk but i wanted to poison him,but he just voms in the open.

If i coconut him and obviously his body is in the open does that not matter with an accidental kill?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Yes, accident and lethal poison kills do not break Silent Assassin if the body is found.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Aug 26, 2020

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Mierenneuker posted:

Yes, accident and lethal poison kills do not break Silent Assassin if the body is found.

Cool, thanks man.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Man,that bangkok mission was a pain,i figured how to lure jordan with the recording but the lawyer was tough.

I know you can explode the tuk tuk but i wanted to poison him,but he just voms in the open.

If i coconut him and obviously his body is in the open does that not matter with an accidental kill?

It's trivial to kill Morgan in 30 seconds with lethal poison. Easiest SASO kill in the game for sure.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I've just started trying out some escalations. Some of them are fun, others are just ridiculous, like the one where you have to kill people on all three levels of the palais with a battle axe in just your suit and without pacifying anyone. To even have a fair shot at one of them you've seemingly got to do a speed run. And then I looked it up online and apparently it was designed by a speed runner...

HelixFox
Dec 20, 2004

Heed the words of this ancient spirit.

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I've just started trying out some escalations. Some of them are fun, others are just ridiculous, like the one where you have to kill people on all three levels of the palais with a battle axe in just your suit and without pacifying anyone. To even have a fair shot at one of them you've seemingly got to do a speed run. And then I looked it up online and apparently it was designed by a speed runner...

I really enjoyed figuring out that escalation. You generally have to target the Shiek first because he's much tougher to access once he goes up to the auction.

Hint: there's a way to get up to the third floor in your suit, and there are three different axes hidden around the level. If you get extra stuck, remember you only have to kill the targets in your suit - you can switch disguises to smuggle the axe around.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Yeah, that escalation's a lot of fun. Pretty easy to execute once you've got a plan down but figuring it out is devilish.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

KillHour posted:

It's trivial to kill Morgan in 30 seconds with lethal poison. Easiest SASO kill in the game for sure.

I ended up giving morgan a death swirlie and letting jordan walk over an electric puddle,also what’s the stalker guy about on the top floor?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The stalker serves as flavour, a hardmode hostile everywhere disguise for escalations, contracts and challenges, and he draws your attention to the sniper sightline on Jordan.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Did it! It is fun, I was just thrown by how 47 can use one set of stairs to get to the third floor (if he is frisked) but not the other. Also I can never find that loving dongle without a marker.

Edit: haha, the Corky Commotion is a lot of fun but gently caress off if you think that I'm going to SA it.

Hedgehog Pie fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Aug 27, 2020

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-pre-order/

Digital copies of the PS4/XB1 version get a free upgrade to the PS5/XBSX version :)

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

30 Euros more for the Deluxe Edition on the Epic Store. Talk about a dance with the devil...

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

So where exactly does it say that the EGS exclusivity is temporary? Can someone point me to that bit of official information?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

“HITMAN 3 pre-orders are scheduled to go live later this month and we’re pleased to have an updated line-up of platforms. In January 2021, you’ll be able to play HITMAN 3 on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One, Google Stadia and PC, where the game will be available exclusively via Epic Games Store for 12 months.”

From https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-england/

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Mierenneuker posted:

“HITMAN 3 pre-orders are scheduled to go live later this month and we’re pleased to have an updated line-up of platforms. In January 2021, you’ll be able to play HITMAN 3 on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One, Google Stadia and PC, where the game will be available exclusively via Epic Games Store for 12 months.”

From https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-england/

Thanks. In that case I'll just wait.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Well i just finished 2016’s campaign,it was really good.

Pros :

runs beautifully on my computer

Looks great

The disguises are cool

Missions where you line up multiple kills are hilarious (colorado) hearing the interrogator explode in his shed while you’re busy setting up a plan to gently caress up the rest of them is loving awesome

Finding the secret bits and pieces to aid in the assassination is as fun as ever.

Cons :

the sound is weird,and there’s too much overlapping chatter (shutup diana,gently caress!)

The controls are...sticky (fucksake 47 pick the body u-no don’t stick to the w-aargh!)

Trespass zones should have been a different colour on the map.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Jack Trades posted:

All of the EGS deals to date have been temporary, usually 12 months but sometimes less

The only games you need to be concerned about being exclusive forever are the ones Epic themselves are publishing, they are publishing Remedy, Playdead and genDESIGNs next games

We don't know for sure if published games are forever exclusives but I think it's pretty likely

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I really like the Sapienza escalation where you have to snipe the two targets at opposite ends of the map. I like that the onus is on you the player to come up with a plan, yet it doesn't need to be overwrought and frustrating. I hope there's more like that!

I'm now partway through the escalation that takes place in the underground lab, which I didn't really like as a setting at first but it's sort of grown on me. The mission itself is pretty painful though.

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

The controls are...sticky (fucksake 47 pick the body u-no don’t stick to the w-aargh!)

The worst thing to me is when you try to stealthily subdue someone, but they turn slightly at the last second or start going down some stairs so 47 just decks them instead, invariably attracting everyone's attention.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

repiv posted:

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-pre-order/

Digital copies of the PS4/XB1 version get a free upgrade to the PS5/XBSX version :)

Physical copies of the Xbox version will also get free next-gen upgrades cause of Smart Delivery, a “technology” I still don’t understand but seems cool. The only odd one out here is physical PS4 copies.

repiv posted:

All of the EGS deals to date have been temporary, usually 12 months but sometimes less

The only games you need to be concerned about being exclusive forever are the ones Epic themselves are publishing, they are publishing Remedy, Playdead and genDESIGNs next games

We don't know for sure if published games are forever exclusives but I think it's pretty likely

Also Rocket League is forever exclusive, because Epic bought Psyonix, and the World War Z game is past its year of exclusivity but the devs have said there are no plans to bring the game to Steam.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Gaius Marius posted:

The game would benefit a lot if you could gently caress around with the event flags after you've beaten the level, just starting with the race over would've been real nice. Either that or a phantom cigar to run through time faster
47's phantom cigar would be a new "For Dummies" book for each location.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Jack Trades posted:

A whole year?!

I cannot imagine that kind of loyalty to steam

I have so far bought like 1 game on EGS and have gotten a whole 20 games free.

Why don't y'all rage against Origin or uPlay I don't get it...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Jack Trades posted:

Those preorder suits, guns and briefcases though....