Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Is this the new gang tag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Is this the new gang tag

It definitely needs to be!

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I would give up Raccoon Gang for Woomy Gang, no contest.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Are they one only? I still like The End. No Moral.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

The Golux posted:

Are they one only? I still like The End. No Moral.

The poster above you has like, 35 god drat gang tags and they had the moral courage to declare which of their children they'd sacrifice for Woomy.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
She sounds like a pretty cool poster, Mr. Pibbleton. But woomy is love. I bought my Wii U AND Switch specifically because of Sploon. My discord icon (well, and here but) is the only not furry icon I use anywhere.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

The poster above you has like, 35 god drat gang tags and they had the moral courage to declare which of their children they'd sacrifice for Woomy.

See I thought so, which is why I was confused at the declaration of giving one up.

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
I wonder if they'll let me squeeze it in with my stack.

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
whats the best way to get this set up as a tag with the forums still in flux?

mr_jolly
Aug 20, 2003

Not so jolly now

Manuel Calavera posted:

I would give up Raccoon Gang for Woomy Gang, no contest.

I'd give up my raccoon tag for a woomy too except i never got one :saddowns:

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Korean Boomhauer posted:

whats the best way to get this set up as a tag with the forums still in flux?

Probably PMing a mod.

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Akett posted:

Probably PMing a mod.

Done. The Baller is in motion now :yaycat:

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Nice!
Though since that's an Octoling in the banner... I guess she's Bilingual

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
oh yeah the language thing. I totally forgot about that. I change my character so often I kinda forget. I think a part of it too is finding an image to use for the inklink/octoling on the side is really hard to find that looks good when shrunk down that small.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

VEEMO!

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
Oh man I could make two versions maybe. If anyone finds a good enough inkling png DM it to me and I'll probably do that, if its a good idear

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Even better, have both alternately calling out WOOMY! and VEEMO!

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Even better, have both alternately calling out WOOMY! and VEEMO!

on loop? thats a super good idea too. Wondering if i should fade in, have one then the other, then fade out, or just both looping forever. Hmmm...

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

If you can swing it, one slides in from the left, says one thing, fades, other slides in from the right, says other thing, fades, loop

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
I made a few versions:

Lots of fade:

A little less fade:

And my personal favorite:

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Korean Boomhauer posted:

I made a few versions:

Lots of fade:

A little less fade:

And my personal favorite:

Actually I do like that last one.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They're all amazing, but I'm voting 3 as well. Bles you kind goon for this hard work.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Yeah, last one best one.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

The second one is my personal fave but I'd be happy with any of them, they all look fantastic!

waddler
Jan 3, 2008

Third one is great. Would be nice if each splat was more distinct, either by alternating palettes or fading the old ink a bit?

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

waddler posted:

Third one is great. Would be nice if each splat was more distinct, either by alternating palettes or fading the old ink a bit?

I completely agree, but would still use it as is.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

They're all good but the third is looking great, nice work

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Last one best one, ship it.

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

Those all look really cool! Nice work!

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

NEW SPLATFEST ANNOUNCED IN THE NINTENDO DIRECT

MARINA IS CORRECT AGAIN

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Pearl Splatfest Shirt (wrong): https://store.nintendo.com/splatoon-2%E2%80%93splatfest-super-mushroom-tee-pearl.html
Marina Splatfest Shirt (right): https://store.nintendo.com/splatoon-2%E2%80%93splatfest-super-star-tee-marina.html

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Wow, an actual new splatfest.

Gonna have to go with Pearl on this one. I'd rather have an extra hit in Mario rather than being invincible for a few seconds. I'm very tempted to get one of those shirts.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

In the games, the mushroom is more practical, but is also usually only a steppingstone to better powerups. The star is still cooler.

I actually ordered a Star shirt since I missed the Order shirt but I will have to wait for the actual ingame arguments before I CONCLUSIVELY join a team.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I guarantee that Marina will make a sound argument about the Star's invincibility, and Pearl will say it's just temporary but a Mushroom will make you taller. Marina may or may not comment that Pearl has a height complex and will counterpoint that getting hit will make you small again, while the Star lets you get hit all you want. Pearl will counter that with "git gud and don't get hit." Then, they'll look at the camera and tell you to comment below, like, subscribe, and don't forget to splat that bell so you can always be up to date with the latest information as soon as it gets uploaded. This video was sponsored by Stringraycon Earblubs, which are just as high quality as other premium earblubs on the market at half the price.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Umm excuse me the Mushroom is the better option? Invincibility star doesn't even last long.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Marina just likes the star's music.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

team shrooms vs team cocaine let's goooo

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

As an amendment to my previous thing, I guess the real crux of the matter with the Mushroom is that in the games that use it, it feels less like "the mushroom is a power-up from your basic level" and more like "When you don't have a mushroom, you're downgraded from your basic level."

Of course, Pearl is an shremp so the mushroom definitely has appeal for her.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
Tees are already listed as out of stock. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Devlan Mud posted:

Tees are already listed as out of stock. :(

drat sold like hot cakes!