Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sesquiculus
Aug 15, 2002

Soothing Vapors posted:

instead of using the whole echolure poo poo, I've had way better luck with the birds just flying around in my archwing.

I've found this to be the easiest way to get conservation tags / Son tokens. Don't bother with the spoor/tracking/echo-lures, just fly around in your archwing while staring through the tranq rifle scope. You'll find small groups of wildlife all over the place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I haven't seen any of the flying ones lingering about yet, but they are pretty small, so it's probably just bad luck. Did manage to do the full tracking thing for a few of them, though, so it works okay. Have my tags for my rank-up, at least.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

gnoma posted:

Group I was in was getting missing crystal in first vault every time then the third mech for the third vault spawning in the first vault and the third crystal didn't spawn once. Went solo and switched to doing west vault (by prospect) second and east vault (by abcess) last and had no bugs.

I started two solo and one group vault bounty last night and couldn't find a reactive crystal that opened the vault in any of the runs. There were two obelisks away from the vault door that had reactive crystals but they didn't seem to do anything. The group run didn't have a Necramech spawn at all. :shrug:

I'll try your route solo today, I haven't even been to the other vaults yet since the first one has bugged out for me every time so I wrote the whole thing off.

Also, something seems to be disabling my zenurik void dash energy field permanently. I managed to toggle it off accidentally :v:

Diephoon fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Aug 27, 2020

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

When in the vault fighting necromech, doing a void dash instantly pops me back into the warframe. Not actually sure if it was leaving the energy pool on the floor or not now!

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
I think the Necramech's are meant to mess up your spoiler ability. But it's so buggy I can't tell.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Arsonide posted:

It's been what like two days? In developer time that is nothing. The first few days you are typically only in critical bug-fixing mode, while you are doing that you observe the community's opinions on balance, then you address balance. Give them a moment drat.

They've actively hosed around with location placements for where they (allegedly, no one I know have seen ANY) spawn in deimos vaults, which I'm guessing uses some of the regular resource can locations. And even if they use their own locations, just toss them in the pool for regular resource can locations that already have multiple variations on which can spawn. I've gotten 2 so far and I've been farming a fuckload, I don't know anyone that has gotten more than 5, and he was basically afking in bounties while other people(that were ok with it) were farming them.

Sure 2 days is not a lot, but it's important to triage poo poo like this when it's supposed to be a really common resource that is used both for tokens(3-8 each) and basically every single new thing from deimos(5 each). Not having a playtester on "ok run through this new thing farming up resources to build every item" duty to see how long it takes them, is negligent at best.

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Aug 27, 2020

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Nalesh posted:

They've actively hosed around with location placements for where they (allegedly, no one I know have seen ANY) spawn in deimos vaults, which I'm guessing uses some of the regular resource can locations. And even if they use their own locations, just toss them in the pool for regular resource can locations that already have multiple variations on which can spawn.

Sure 2 days is not a lot, but it's important to triage poo poo like this when it's supposed to be a really common resource that is used both for tokens(3-8 each) and basically every single new thing from deimos(5 each). Not having a playtester on "ok run through this new thing farming up resources to build every item" and see how long it takes them, is negligent at best.

It's been what like two days? In developer time that is nothing. Give them a moment drat.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

flatluigi posted:

I'm still a bit amazed there were people upset they couldn't sprint through the content to get frames in the helminth in the few hours before the daily reset

There's always the "You mean I have to play Warframe??? ugh UGH" consortium and they're never not the most tedious part of every content drop

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

People forget those things exist after not interacting with them and sitting on top of their pile of gear for so long, not defending the behavior though.

I've done mostly solo vault runs but I started off doing pubbie vault runs and never had an issue beyond weird lag. Part of me wants to say people don't know that you have to go spawn Loid but on the other hand I've seen enough people complain about basically the same issue, and we're still only a couple of days post update, that I totally believe things are bugging out. That Scintilla video posted earlier is a solo player so clearly something is wrong.

I'll also echo everyone else in say that Deimos is very beautiful and very very brownorange, it took a little bit to get use to the terrain always moving and everything being flesh/chitin flavored but after getting accustomed to the new infested movement and visuals I only ever really have an issue telling the difference between leapers and the similar sized explode-y ones. At the very least the purple/blue infested are real easy to spot and some of the orange flavor infested have bright yellows that really stand out.

Deimos Infested are now orange and grape flavors.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Father has a lot of nerve saying my Warframe is weak and second-rate then sticking me in this clunky battle mech. I have a flamethrower that shoots through walls, this thing sucks.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

The new Infested mobs on Deimos are exactly what the faction was looking for in tough and dangerous monsters and I am extremely happy that the worst three types of Infested are nowhere to be found, and I quote:

* The MOA that leaves goop on the ground
* The other MOA
* The Osprey that leaves clouds of poison gas

Though, uh, if Alad V shows up, :gonk:

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Victory Position posted:

The new Infested mobs on Deimos are exactly what the faction was looking for in tough and dangerous monsters and I am extremely happy that the worst three types of Infested are nowhere to be found, and I quote:

* The MOA that leaves goop on the ground
* The other MOA
* The Osprey that leaves clouds of poison gas

Though, uh, if Alad V shows up, :gonk:

Fighting them with Grendel is fun. If you run out of energy you start clutching your stomach and vomit out 10 elephant sized centipedes.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Dareon posted:

Gara: Very stylish, but I don't know how to use her well at all. Her 1 does not have the range I think a preliminary attack power should, 2 and 3 don't seem to do much (Although I did get use out of her 2 protecting the moving drone in a Plains bounty or two). 4 I use a lot on defense objectives, just erecting a loving wall that things can't shoot through is great.
People often play her like Frost#2, but her thing is extreme self synergy leading to poo poo-tons of damage.
- Take a melee with a lot of flat damage
- Cast 2 on yourself, hey, you take almost no damage now. Note the number that appears on your UI
- Cast a small area 4. Note the duration on your 2 just reset for free.
- Roll out of it. Break the 4 walls with your 1. This is an AOE nuke, viable at semi-decent levels, especially vs infested.
- Note the UI number now. That's your AOE dps vs anything standing near you.
- Repeat a few times. Is that number 25k? 50k? 100k? 2,147,483,520*???
- Walk past enemies. Why are they just exploding? They're level 100?!

You can do the above with allies and companions too, though you need to hit them with the 4's walls to refresh.

She's excellent with just the walls and 90% dr. Great if you also use the 4 as a nuke. Top tier if you use her infinite scaling damage.

* - her only damage cap is the maximum value for a 32-bit signed integer.

e: I didn't mention her 3. It's literally only worth casting if you have the augment for it. If you do, cast it over a group, then roll through them with your 2 active so they all die. 50% of them will then drop energy orbs.

Khablam fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Aug 27, 2020

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Minor note for minmaxing Gara. Her 1 does Puncture or Slash depending on if you tap or hold. So if you mod her stat stick one or the other might give you more charge.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Gara is one of those frames like Baruuk where they seem fun and solid but I just cannot stand how they look so I never play them. Holding out for a good deluxe or prime.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I had the same issue, I use a Tennogen one, the Zamariu. I like it pretty well.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Pubbie 1 posted:

I would like to point out that we don't come into a game to deal with family dysfunction as we're doing with the Entrati, but instead come to the game to often escape the dysfunction in our own lives as a relief from those stresses as playing a game often does.

Which raises the question, did our mothers put the developers up to making our gaming and recreational lives just as miserable and off-putting as we often have to put up with in our real-time lives?

Pubbie 2 posted:

Seriously, what type of criticism is this? I've had to deal with awful family members too, but that doesn't mean I think anyone who puts a Slightly dysfunctional family in their story is actively trying to make me relive my trauma. If you can't separate a few bickering vendor characters from your own family, that really feels like a you problem.

Pubbie 1 posted:

Some of us don't want to remotely deal with any memory triggers of it whatsoever. If this works for you, don't let my criticism stop you from enjoying the game with the Entrati interactions. However, don't for once think that your opinion is going to remotely pressure me out of mine, as I live by the the quote: "You're a problem solver. You're one of these people who would pick up a rope that's gotten all tangled up and spend an entire day untangling it. Because it's a challenge, because it defies your sense of order in the universe and because you can."

Therefore, I find the inclusion to be something I will criticise in the hopes of it being tweaked. Particularly over the fact that it seems to be routinely included in routine interactions. It's like DE needs to justify the payments to the voice actors for creating the dialog, or they're doing it as some sort of concession to the new overlords (Tencent); I can't be sure which or if I missed something in my observations.

the oforums own so loving hard

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Also, Scintillant hotfix and Son rebalance coming today

Rebb posted:

General note re: Scintillant! We discussed it yesterday, and realized the Scintillant description was too vague in terms of other methods to acquire it and updated its description in a Hotfix. Overnight, we ran stats and the amount collected was too low, which is widely accepted from the community to be the case. While we all start with baseline ‘0’ for new Updates, this Resource is an outlier in how slowly it’s being accrued, which is to say current pacing not our intention. They should feel like a revised Cetus Wisp, but when we compared the two overnight, and considering more people are playing Heart of Deimos and how many Scintillant are needed, they were lower to a degree that doesn’t make sense with their hookup. We are getting a fix and (along with general Son Token rebalance) in for this today.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
getting son tokens in general honestly isn't that bad, it's just getting the birds specifically that fuckin sucks

i tried the flying around the edge of the map method and got nothing, so I just cranked out the drat tracking lure ones over and over until I got 5

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

The bird spawns are busted as gently caress if you go about the normal method, and they share spawns with all the other lovely animals so it's a total loving shitshow trying to get them to loving spawn.

Deimos conservation is total rear end right now.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
and required for the first time!

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Honestly just replace all credit rewards in bounties with scint, or even better, since it's technically a vault resource, make it purchasable with necramech rep/necramech tokens

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Soothing Vapors posted:

lmao

powerful "bernie sanders reminds me of my abusive ex-boyfriend!!!!" energy

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Soothing Vapors posted:

My compassion for them, but here in this game, you can live out the fantasy of helping a family back together, so why not live by the quote and help them?

Hell, you get to be Uncle or Auntie Fester if the ranks indicate anything. Your companion is Cousin It.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Victory Position posted:

My compassion for them, but here in this game, you can live out the fantasy of helping a family back together, so why not live by the quote and help them?

Hell, you get to be Uncle or Auntie Fester if the ranks indicate anything. Your companion is Cousin It.

Down as gently caress with this.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Looking at how to obtain/build Xaku, and I feel like they did it a slight disservice. As Xaku is the remains of three other warframes, it would have made sense if the parts were named after those warframes, or you accumulated fragments of these frames that could be stitched into Xaku parts. Virtually no difference in acquisition, but much more flavorful.

I kinda like that it needs materials from all three open worlds, except for the part where it needs Gyromags. Tellurium and Argon are bad enough, but don't be requiring end-game mats for non-endgame stuff (Don't @ me, if I haven't encountered it yet, it's endgame, I'll fight you.)

Deimos is 97% updated, so back to staring at a loading bar.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Dareon posted:

Looking at how to obtain/build Xaku, and I feel like they did it a slight disservice. As Xaku is the remains of three other warframes, it would have made sense if the parts were named after those warframes, or you accumulated fragments of these frames that could be stitched into Xaku parts. Virtually no difference in acquisition, but much more flavorful.

I kinda like that it needs materials from all three open worlds, except for the part where it needs Gyromags. Tellurium and Argon are bad enough, but don't be requiring end-game mats for non-endgame stuff (Don't @ me, if I haven't encountered it yet, it's endgame, I'll fight you.)

Deimos is 97% updated, so back to staring at a loading bar.

They definitely should have just made it like Equinox except with 3 frames instead of 2.

Psychorider
May 15, 2009

Gonkish posted:

The bird spawns are busted as gently caress if you go about the normal method, and they share spawns with all the other lovely animals so it's a total loving shitshow trying to get them to loving spawn.

I've been hunting birds using the lures and I've gotten one 100% of the time. The thing is, they're no Sawgaws and they don't land, every time what happens is the bird spawns way up in the air somewhere, flies up until right above the nest thing then just stays hovering up there forever. I only noticed at first because my helios scanned it. So move away from the nest a bit and look waaaaayyy up with your tranq rifle.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
hotfix
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1218017-heart-of-deimos-hotfix-2904/

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Psychorider posted:

I've been hunting birds using the lures and I've gotten one 100% of the time. The thing is, they're no Sawgaws and they don't land, every time what happens is the bird spawns way up in the air somewhere, flies up until right above the nest thing then just stays hovering up there forever. I only noticed at first because my helios scanned it. So move away from the nest a bit and look waaaaayyy up with your tranq rifle.

Yeah theres 2 spawns for the bird I've seen, the one at the edge of the map that doesnt have a trackway is always lured at the cave near the foot of the meat mountain and the bird spawns and flies right above that spot but at like max height.

If you hear the beep its there, its just real tiny and you might have to fly up to get the shot.

The other one does have a trackway and the bird will slowly fly down to the lure in that one.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Someone help me out here.

I'm still on a Profit Taker kick since Exploiter takes so long.

I follow a guide like this to the letter and don't do nearly as much damage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q198Q02_mPU

Maxed mods, same stuff and I'm just plinking away. I'm not nearly as survivable as well. I have no clue what I'm doing wrong.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

So it sounds like scintillant is supposed to just be lying around on the map? Where tho

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Stuck in conversation with Grandmother. She just stops speaking her lines and I get to watch her idle until I restart the game. Wheee!

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Sharkopath posted:

Yeah theres 2 spawns for the bird I've seen, the one at the edge of the map that doesnt have a trackway is always lured at the cave near the foot of the meat mountain and the bird spawns and flies right above that spot but at like max height.

If you hear the beep its there, its just real tiny and you might have to fly up to get the shot.

The other one does have a trackway and the bird will slowly fly down to the lure in that one.

You say "meat mountain" like that's supposed to be a distinguishing feature. :v:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Dareon posted:

You say "meat mountain" like that's supposed to be a distinguishing feature. :v:

The mountain the call is on, its been a couple places on the mountain but its always the same mountain and the bird flies to the top of it. It seems like with the patch that spawn point also has a trail finally.

Just checked, its Cerebrum Magnum.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Aug 28, 2020

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Gonkish posted:

That's pretty much the state. This wouldn't matter much, but as progression is entirely gated by conservation that pretty much means Deimos is rear end right now. I'd say it's as bad as railjack but at least there the issue was actual intended item drop RNG instead of bug RNG.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

Mr. Maggy posted:

i tried the flying around the edge of the map method and got nothing, so I just cranked out the drat tracking lure ones over and over until I got 5

I tried the flying over the edge of the map method and got worse than nothing, I kept getting those Deimos sky-squids that can latch onto you and knock you out of archwing.

Is there an ideal height for the flying conservator method? Is there a height at which ground creatures stop spawning, or sky-squid spawns increase?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Inzombiac posted:

Someone help me out here.

I'm still on a Profit Taker kick since Exploiter takes so long.

I follow a guide like this to the letter and don't do nearly as much damage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q198Q02_mPU

Maxed mods, same stuff and I'm just plinking away. I'm not nearly as survivable as well. I have no clue what I'm doing wrong.

I think his builds are just bad and outdated.

No Zenith is crazy talk unless you simply haven't got it as a reward yet, and Redeemer Prime's falloff got absolutely murdered some months ago, mainly as a nerf to its use in Eidolon strategies but it makes it much less appealing vs. Profit-Taker as well.

Vitality as his only survivability mod is a dubious choice, and he somehow fails to break 300% power strength anyways.

No Corpus racist mods in any of his builds, and instead he's got random crap like Gunslinger?

I haven't done the math on health bonus vs. armor bonus for Vex Armor in a while, but mine is set to Armor and presumably I had a reason for that at some point. :v:

My advice would be to use this as a reference instead: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJLBXz2Z46Y

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Aug 28, 2020

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Mailer posted:

That's pretty much the state. This wouldn't matter much, but as progression is entirely gated by conservation that pretty much means Deimos is rear end right now. I'd say it's as bad as railjack but at least there the issue was actual intended item drop RNG instead of bug RNG.

I picked up the one son token I needed from a random cave. The hard thing to get is the specific predator species you need because the birds always seem to spawn as the default bird so thats not too bad.

Also pretty pleased because I now have all the pieces to build the Sepulcrum, the thing I really wanted, and just have to wait for one more daily rep reset to turn it all in and start crafting. All in all I don't think the grind is too bad in this but I don't know what its like if you want the pets instead.

Unless somebody beats me to it I'll tell you how it is this weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hP_JQapNabA

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Aug 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
I want to play Deimos but this token business is pissing me off. I feel one resource short to get a token. I can't imagine how this is better than the alternatives. If I want to play for an hour, how do I use my time effectively on Deimos? It almost seems better to trade individual tokens for standing than the purchase grandmother tokens if you don't have time to grind and horde.