Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

https://i.imgur.com/JgfxkAv.mp4

Ignore the sound of me breathing through a straw. My phone seems to massively amplify the sound of me breathing when I record a video. Avatar appropriate I guess.

Edit again: How do you get imgur mp4 links to embed? Their prepared link doesn't seem to work.

There we go. Many thanks.

Bandire fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Aug 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Just copy and paste in the URL of the .mp4 directly

incredible catte meow

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Aug 27, 2020

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Cats cure all ills. Post more of them.

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

yeah that was my first question, does quality of life come back and the joint function mostly normally, and the vet said house cats are light enough that the false joint from the scar tissue has basically the same functionality.

actual cat content:

Hello artisanal cheese cat.

gently caress SNEEP posted:

thoughtful marcy

Laying it all out

Shifty Pony posted:

speaking of cat joints Sadie has some arthritis and stiffness in her back legs. since her temperament almost entirely rules out regular injections her vet has us adding another supplement to her diet to see if that helps.

she still plays and jumps up on things but she hangs out in the heated cat bed most of the time these days. it isn't super serious but I can she she's turning into an old kitty and it makes me really loving sad that there isn't more I can do.

pictured: an excellent kitty kitty

Sadie please stop aging.

plerocercoid posted:

I bought some plastic springs for Mab, since she was losing interest in her other toys. I think she's a fan.

https://i.imgur.com/Jv6LKOL.mp4

Bonus pic of her post crazy sprint through the apartment.

Toaster and Lucky both love those dumb springs, I have to fish them out from under things all the time.

Josh Lyman posted:

I forgot but their 9th gotcha day anniversary was yesterday.

Leo didn’t forget.

Happy gotcha day!!

Radio! posted:

happy gotcha day! :toot:

relatedly, today is catface's gotcha day! weirdly enough it was also her 9th, although that makes her ~14 years old

she got some new cat drugs to celebrate

And also happy gotcha day!!!!!!

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Happy gotcha days!
Always nice to see Leo and CJ, too. :3:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Golden-i posted:

apparently it's "national dog day" I guess. wish i had a dog.

anyways here's some cats

P...peace?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Also dogface's proportions are double hilarious next to a dog with a regular sized head for its body

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Now you need to get another cat so refurb can team up with someone against the dogs

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Golden-i posted:

anyways here's some cats

"can you believe this poo poo??" -refurb

Yes, Refurb... we caused it. :getin:

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

10 minutes of premium scritchin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqsG5ZzUdS8

And a Cameo by Milly. It would have been longer but that's the limit for 1080p60 on my phone.

plerocercoid
Feb 14, 2012

Golden-i posted:

anyways here's some cats

Refurb seems to be hoping that if she ignores Ham, she'll go away.

FelicityGS posted:

Toaster and Lucky both love those dumb springs, I have to fish them out from under things all the time.

I had to dig one out under the fridge today. I'm just glad she's after something other than the rugs and shower curtain. She seems to lose interest in toys after a month or so and starts going after other random things in the house when she's bored. I'm going to try rotating toys in and out to see if that keeps her occupied.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Aggie status: punching the ball and disemboweling the table leg simultaneously.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Bandire posted:

https://i.imgur.com/JgfxkAv.mp4

Ignore the sound of me breathing through a straw. My phone seems to massively amplify the sound of me breathing when I record a video. Avatar appropriate I guess.

Edit again: How do you get imgur mp4 links to embed? Their prepared link doesn't seem to work.

There we go. Many thanks.
Is that a Simplehuman trash can? I wanted to pick one up last month but the standard 45L stainless model had some review issues regarding the back pocket. Specifically, the bag would snag and tear when removing it when full, and if you didn’t use their custom liners, the pocket was basically just a hole for odors to waft out.

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Aug 27, 2020

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Josh Lyman posted:

Is that a Simplehuman trash can? I wanted to pick one up last month but the standard 45L stainless model had some review issues regarding the back pocket. Specifically, the bag would snag and tear when removing it when full, and if you didn’t use their custom liners, the pocket was basically just a hole for odors to waft out.

I used to have one of these and had my share of small tears over time but it was pretty manageable if you just pay a little attention.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I have a couple of much smaller ones I just shove generic bags into and that seems to work

also one of their two compartment recycling bins which is very needs suiting

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
Every page.

Radio, might I have your permission to post a catface pic on my patreon?

e: actually, i want to have pics of all my yoscatte friends there. everybody let me know if you are ok with that.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

dee eight fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Aug 27, 2020

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

dee eight posted:

Every page.

e: actually, i want to have pics of all my yoscatte friends there. everybody let me know if you are ok with that.

welcome back! and yeah, absolutely! i love that people like her little doofy face :kimchi:

relatedly, my coworker drew some fanart recently

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Radio! posted:

welcome back! and yeah, absolutely! i love that people like her little doofy face :kimchi:

Catface is very popular in my office.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Radio! posted:

thank you. i'm not gonna stay long, things are still not resolved apparently. i dunno what else to do though.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

dee eight posted:

Every page.

my catte pics are licensed under the GNU GPL

Radio! posted:

a stunning likeness

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

marceline is helping me with my factory

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

dee eight posted:

Every page.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

If Tanuki (Hypatia, Smudge) count, then sure!

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

welcome home Mr Shavebutt!

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

uh y'all I think we might have a problem...

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Shifty Pony posted:

pinky and the brain reboot gonna be called Winston & Sadie

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Shifty Pony posted:

:eyepop:

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

Oh, poor baby.
Get better soon!

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

This week marks one year since we started to notice that Trophy was having trouble w/ her hind legs.

Roosevelt posted:

does anyone have the link to the video of trophy posing with Gar's kid in the mophy costume?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e5QQhqE248

Underwater Shoe posted:

Can anyone find the Trophy/Gar (I think) cat nail-clipping tutorial?

it was my inspiration for this and I want to see it again
https://twitter.com/kates_agate/status/1259845311293464582?s=21

Aaah this is great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLKIFCdMw00

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Josh Lyman posted:

I don't think so. I got it at Target a little over a year ago and was maybe $70? It doesn't have any discernible logo I can find, so I assume its a knock off. Its fine.

Content:
You guys have convinced me to get a warmed cat bed. Currently they just pile up on this one when they are cold.

Bandit sleeps in the cat carriers all the time. I somehow don't have a picture of this. Its basically a box with a blanket in it, so why not? He also likes to climb into my upright rolling luggage and sleep. The first time he did that I spent 30 minutes looking for him before I resorted to luring him out with treats.

Bandire fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Aug 27, 2020

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

another notch in the Fort Warms belt

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

i know he probably feels pretty unhappy but his little chicken legs are :discourse:

Shifty Pony posted:

:ohdear:

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

El Gar posted:

This week marks one year since we started to notice that Trophy was having trouble w/ her hind legs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e5QQhqE248

Aaah this is great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLKIFCdMw00

Trophy :unsmith:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

say Gar, any thoughts on getting a new little friend for the family?

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Boogalo posted:

10 minutes of premium scritchin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqsG5ZzUdS8

And a Cameo by Milly. It would have been longer but that's the limit for 1080p60 on my phone.

She is just so sweet!

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Canadian Bakin
Nov 6, 2011

Retaliate first.
Abby has finally started using our new cat tree regularly, which is nice because it took ages before she'd really climb into it. Now I find her napping in it on a regular basis.

Meanwhile, Wheatley has declared himself to be groceries. He is an orange, after all.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Have an unrelated photo of a paper bag.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Also, my sister has discovered that the best cat toy is the cardboard tube in the middle of toilet paper rolls. They're a cylinder so they roll around, they can be ripped up satsifyingly but they're not dangerous to ingest a little bit, and you have an endless supply to replace them once to the cat has torn one apart.

Also you can put a treat inside and fold the ends in to keep it in and they're like one of those food puzzle toys but the puzzle is destruction.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Aug 28, 2020

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Although the above can lead to bad habits if they discover the toy trove in the bathroom

https://i.imgur.com/11L6oWt.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Underwater Shoe
May 26, 2005

an informative notation for your appreciation

:kimchi:

love this video and Trophy so much, she was such a special kitty