Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
I’ll have you know, captain foo, that i use a very sophisticated and mature microsoft ergonomic keyboard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

Check again, it actually says ignoramus keyboard

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Going back to 60% WFH as of Tuesday (I don't work Monday)!

:woop:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Campus network just completely fell over. Glad I don't work on it but I'm baffled how we have these infrastructure issues every single august

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Fabricated posted:

Campus network just completely fell over. Glad I don't work on it but I'm baffled how we have these infrastructure issues every single august

My brother works at a PA state system school and their covid-19 cases on campus are loving exploding. 40 on Monday, 89 yesterday.

He's locking himself in his office every day.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Asleep Style posted:

Check again, it actually says ignoramus keyboard

i don’t have time for that :rolleyes:

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Fabricated posted:

having worked on university campus network infrastructure I can unreservedly say it’s because they have no budget

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

The Fool posted:

having worked on university campus network infrastructure I can unreservedly say it’s because they have no budget
Probably. It's pretty loving irritating because thusfar every single obstacle to my group's work has been 95% from campus infrastructure we don't touch.

It's not always the central group's fault though- in the last 4 weeks we've had 4 unscheduled mass power outages from poo poo like the campus utilities people accidentally almost blowing up a building loving around with breakers, power company fuckups, storms, and just today someone crashing a dumptruck into power lines.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

on the campus i worked at the server room was some unventilated closet in the basement of an old dormitory. one summer day it just baked itself to death and everyone threw a hissy fit

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

meanwhile, they had $20M lying around for fooball stadium improvements

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Roosevelt posted:

meanwhile, they had $20M lying around for fooball stadium improvements

it was hockey for us, but yeah

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Fabricated posted:

its dns op

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

graph posted:

its dns op

gently caress that meme

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

it's only dns because people are incompetent

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
:munch:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

The Fool posted:

it's only dns because people are incompetent

lol

Apr 7, 2003

Aldi has jalapeno pimento cheese and I can't stop eating that poo poo

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?

Captain Foo posted:

is that how you got your keyboard?

babbys first battlestation

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
we cheap out on maintenance and upgrades, which cause expensive problems down the road (esp when considering downtime) which fucks our budget and forces us to cut back even further on maintenance spending, cycle repeats, story old as time

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

Certainly a story as old as capitalism

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

graph posted:

its dns op

turns out its gigapop issues

Apr 7, 2003

I'm down 18 lbs since January. Doctor's office just called to tell me my total cholesterol is down from 270 in January to 180 now.

Whatever you want to say about these stay-at-home orders, they're working wonders for my health.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

im down maybe 20 lbs since *waves arms around* but I attributed a lot of it to getting a new job that doesn't drive me to drink at lunch all the time. plus I don't really go out to lunch ever anymore, now I cook and it's just inherently healthier

working from home rules

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Thank you. Finally, the recognition I deserve.

That sausage wasn't refrigerated on shipment so I'll probably die once I start eating it.

summer sausages don't really need to be refrigerated (until you open them), hence the name. you should be fine

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

it's not the rona's fault, but I've gained weight since I broke my foot last year and haven't been able to be as active

I've started getting out on the bike more though now and that's better

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

I'm down 18 lbs since January. Doctor's office just called to tell me my total cholesterol is down from 270 in January to 180 now.

Whatever you want to say about these stay-at-home orders, they're working wonders for my health.

leftist responds well to tyranny. WHAT A BIG SURPRISE!!!!

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Aldi has jalapeno pimento cheese and I can't stop eating that poo poo
in quarantine boredom I grew a few jalapeno plants over the summer- pickled most of them and they turned out so good I'm going to keep doing it

Apr 7, 2003

I was going to try to grow vegetables but I'm really fuckin lazy so I joined a CSA instead.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

try making candied jalapenos, they're great w cheese

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Fabricated posted:

in quarantine boredom I grew a few jalapeno plants over the summer- pickled most of them and they turned out so good I'm going to keep doing it

my jalapeños came in bell pepper mild. disappointing. but still tasty.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I don't like being outside during the summer (or at any time except for autumn, really) but I'm still surprised at how quickly the summer seemed to have passed?

Apr 7, 2003

it's 84 F and 73% humidity here, speak for yourself

it's like soup outside.

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?
grow shishito peppers for spicy surprise snacks

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

ultravoices posted:

grow shishito peppers for spicy surprise snacks

quote:

For cooking, a hole is poked in the pepper beforehand to keep expanding hot air from bursting the pepper. It may be skewered then broiled (grilled), or pan-fried in oil, stewed in a soy sauce– and dashi-based liquid, or simply eaten raw in a salad or as a condiment. It is thin-skinned and will blister and char easily compared with thicker-skinned varieties of peppers.

gently caress, same.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

summer still going balls to the wall here. it’s nasty outside.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I mean, yeah: it's still hot & sticky af, but BVMTH is starting First Grade on Monday so :shrug:?

Apr 7, 2003

borat voice my wet hot summer

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

wet hot shitposting summer

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005