Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1299055122153054210?s=21
This may be a pricing error so get on it. Just got my code redeemed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Inferior Third Season posted:

Yeah, I figured it out. Took me a while to try pressing right on the menu screen.

I'm not a big fan of this action point system in the early game. It depletes quickly without a lot of replenishing items that I've found so far. Is the intention to try things and game over and retry until you can beeline your way through a day?

Not really I just headed out and talked to people then went back to sleep at my grans before the time limit was up, if you talk to her every time you wake up as well she'll give you some cookies than you can eat to get a few action points back if you're about to run out or want extra time to do something. Once you level up a few times you can expand your search area pretty quickly.
Make sure you show every item to the purple bird, he gives you a bunch of hints on what to do. And leave the starting area as soon as you're able.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yeah after about an hour I solved a few puzzles and got enough Love to hang out an entire day. Just bee line doing stuff about the Hero and they get right into teaching you about collecting the souls of dead animals and that gives you a ton of Love.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

SeANMcBAY posted:

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1299055122153054210?s=21
This may be a pricing error so get on it. Just got my code redeemed.

Thanks for this. Got it for $2.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Al-Saqr posted:

Mooon remix is out today!

I've seen several posts about people excited for this game, I watched the trailer on the Eshop and didn't really catch my attention. Anyone feel like doing an effort post about what the game is about?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
If it didn't catch your attention don't worry about it. No one has to like everything.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

katkillad2 posted:

I've seen several posts about people excited for this game, I watched the trailer on the Eshop and didn't really catch my attention. Anyone feel like doing an effort post about what the game is about?

It’s a really weird RPG that inspired Undertale so you’d probably not be interested if you weren’t interested in that game.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
I don't think a 1992 Genesis game being sold for $2 is a pricing error

Still, thanks for calling it out! I sincerely love putting ROMs of my favorite old games in my modern consoles.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

KingSlime posted:

I don't think a 1992 Genesis game being sold for $2 is a pricing error

Still, thanks for calling it out! I sincerely love putting ROMs of my favorite old games in my modern consoles.

It’s an M2 port that’s normally on sale for $8. It’s not just some cheap rom thrown up.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It was a pricing error. It was a Humble Bundle deal, not a Nintendo Switch deal.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

gently caress taiko no tatsujin, where's the switch port of donkey konga

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbWLg3Sl7TQ

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Ooo I see, color me corrected. It's also possible that could have been a new low price but it doesn't sound like that's the case. Either way I'm getting sonic 2

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Now I regret getting Sonic 2 over Sonic 1 for Sega Ages several months ago during the last sale if I could've saved a couple more bucks (not really but whatever).

Also it sucks they're discontinuing Sega Ages, that was by far the best retro-restoration project of all the old-game Switch ports. Playing Phantasy Star 1 with all the enhancements, or hell just the freaking auto-map, was a pleasure, and they did a lot of cool things for many other games. M2 really set the standard for what retro game releases/compilations should aspire to.

e: To let things sink in a bit, the Gamecube had better retro game compilations, at least as far as Mega Man and Sonic go.

Mega64 fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Aug 27, 2020

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

katkillad2 posted:

Someone made a thread for it with a nice first post.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Mega64 posted:

Now I regret getting Sonic 2 over Sonic 1 for Sega Ages several months ago during the last sale if I could've saved a couple more bucks (not really but whatever).

Also it sucks they're discontinuing Sega Ages, that was by far the best retro-restoration project of all the old-game Switch ports. Playing Phantasy Star 1 with all the enhancements, or hell just the freaking auto-map, was a pleasure, and they did a lot of cool things for many other games. M2 really set the standard for what retro game releases/compilations should aspire to.

e: To let things sink in a bit, the Gamecube had better retro game compilations, at least as far as Mega Man and Sonic go.
So are there any gameplay enhancements they did to the Sega Ages Sonic 2 port?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Mega64 posted:

I loved the phantasy star Sega age and was really excited about a 2 and 3 in the future but now my life is only disappointment

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Mega64 posted:

No, GameCube megaman compilation has b to jump and a to shoot

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Commander Keene posted:

So are there any gameplay enhancements they did to the Sega Ages Sonic 2 port?

The main things are adding the Drop Dash from Mania and of course having Knuckles playable, as well as a couple other modes like a "Ring Keep" mode where you don't lose all your rings if you get damaged, plus easy access to Stage Select.

It's probably the best version out there besides maybe mobile (I know for Sonic 1 at least the mobile port is the best, followed by the Sega Ages port), and it doesn't have the input lag that the Sega Genesis Collection has, so if you have any interest in Sonic at all grabbing Sonic 2 for $2 is a no-brainer.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

WHY BONER NOW posted:

No, GameCube megaman compilation has b to jump and a to shoot

It didn't stop me from beating all eight mainline games, plus it had a couple bonus arcade games and a bunch of other poo poo, and most importantly it was only one compilation instead of two separate ones.

Granted, I bought MMC1 for Switch a couple months ago and it does have some good features, and the challenges are a nice touch, but it lacks the presentation that the Gamecube (and PS2/Xbox) ports had in making it feel like an experience rather than a collection of games.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mega64 posted:

The Switch/PS4/Xbox Mega Man compilations are much better than the GameCube one. Split across two games but of course have 9 and 10 now, better emulation, better save features, a lot more extensive museum and gallery, challenge modes, mappable controls, optional turn off slowdown, Japanese versions, and the price of both combined is cheaper than the GameCube/PS2 one was.

At the cost of the neat but short arcade games? Nah the new ones are tons better.

I don't know what experience you're referring to, that the menu was you had to walk to a door?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I don't know what experience you're referring to, that the menu was you had to walk to a door?
Lol

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Augus posted:

gently caress taiko no tatsujin, where's the switch port of donkey konga

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbWLg3Sl7TQ

Good times. Crystal method and santana tracks were the best.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

How do you stop this system from trying to download everything on the small internal storage by default?

Tonfa fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Aug 27, 2020

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I love the GameCube Mega Man anniversary collection only because it was the first way I was able to play the classic series. It is in no way a better package than the legacy collections even if 9 and 10 are scaled really badly. And the GC X collection was terrible, the GameCube controller was really bad for those games. The Sonic Gems collection was cool though

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Tonfa posted:

How do you stop this system from trying to download everything on the small internal storage by default?

It should default to downloading stuff to the sd card if you have one.

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
Crystal Chronicles Remastered got released today and is getting panned :(

I really wanted it to be good

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
The GameCube mega Man collection was nice enough but it did have a feeling of cheapness all around it, down to the stupid door menu.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

dodgeblan posted:

Crystal Chronicles Remastered got released today and is getting panned :(

I really wanted it to be good

drat me too

i rented that game like twice with no friends to play with on gamecube and was let down both times

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
When’s the Crystal Bearers remaster

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Tonfa posted:

I don’t think you can choose but you can transfer games between the 2 in settings/data.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Mega64 posted:

It didn't stop me from beating all eight mainline games, plus it had a couple bonus arcade games and a bunch of other poo poo, and most importantly it was only one compilation instead of two separate ones.

Granted, I bought MMC1 for Switch a couple months ago and it does have some good features, and the challenges are a nice touch, but it lacks the presentation that the Gamecube (and PS2/Xbox) ports had in making it feel like an experience rather than a collection of games.

I tossed the PS2 one in the trash when it hardlocked right after I landed the killing blow on Wily in MM1. gently caress that. I was looking forward to playing the whole series and it poo poo on my face like that right out of the gate.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Wait wasn't the gamecube megaman collection made by several different teams so the interface wasn't even unified between games?

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018
You know, there's far less rage over this direct than others. Was it because it was shadowdropped? Have Nintendo fans simply given up? Hmm.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

You know, there's far less rage over this direct than others. Was it because it was shadowdropped? Have Nintendo fans simply given up? Hmm.

I think so and the fact that it was announced as 3rd party only.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

SeANMcBAY posted:

I think so and the fact that it was announced as 3rd party only.

It's funny because it was a leaker storm. "GUYS, IT'S COMING. THIS IS IT. I PREDICT IT'S GONNA THE BIG BAD DIRECT OF DOOM THATS GONNA HAVE EVERYTHING WE WANT AND AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" and then it was just quietly shadowdropped and that's that.

Maybe some people got some perspective, because I still can't imagine having a meltdown over not having a commercial.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I want a Direct of Doom. Give me that Doom Eternal date, drat it.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

It's funny because it was a leaker storm. "GUYS, IT'S COMING. THIS IS IT. I PREDICT IT'S GONNA THE BIG BAD DIRECT OF DOOM THATS GONNA HAVE EVERYTHING WE WANT AND AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" and then it was just quietly shadowdropped and that's that.

Maybe some people got some perspective, because I still can't imagine having a meltdown over not having a commercial.

Give it a week, the leaks will gear back up and it will happen all over again

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
Has anyone jumped on the Last Campfire? It dropped today to no fanfare and has no reviews that I can find. The trailer made me and my wife both cry (it's been a rough year ok) so we are very interested and will probably drop the $15, just curious if anyone has any impressions

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’ve seen people expect something to be announced on Nintendo’s Twitter tomorrow. Desperate for 3D Mario ports

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

GameXplain even just posted a preview of what their 3d Mario remake logo will be "just in case" on their Patreon