Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

temple posted:

I want to play Deimos but this token business is pissing me off. I feel one resource short to get a token. I can't imagine how this is better than the alternatives. If I want to play for an hour, how do I use my time effectively on Deimos? It almost seems better to trade individual tokens for standing than the purchase grandmother tokens if you don't have time to grind and horde.

Yeah honestly I'd save your grandma tokens for the crystal you need for weapons. Just doing 2-3 t4 bounties should be close to maxing out your rep for the entire day on mom tokens. It has for me at least and im mr17. Versus running around for that same amount of hour time doing the other activities and finding out you're one component short of a token or one token short of a grandma token and having to go back out again anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
Is it just me or is anyone else getting major Matt Berry vibes from Loid?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZDjWLwqAPY

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I have my Helminth segment cooking and have been working on Xaku and I have to say that it feels like Thaumica is rarer than hen's teeth.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

McKilligan posted:

Is it just me or is anyone else getting major Matt Berry vibes from Loid?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZDjWLwqAPY

Loid is the worst parts of Claptrap and Gene Belcher put together.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

And Tyler Too! posted:

Loid is the worst parts of Claptrap and Gene Belcher put together.

I'm still just getting Mayor of Halloween Town vibes off him.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Soothing Vapors posted:

the oforums own so loving hard

seeing glowing equations appear around my head as i slam out the forums post that will solve everything

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I've been thinking about it, so I'm probably going to try out my first Subsume abilities on Limbo Prime, since you can completely avoid damage in the Rift while casting abilities that damage enemies outside of the Rift.

I'm thinking either Smite or Shock for this kind of jerk mage.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Victory Position posted:

I've been thinking about it, so I'm probably going to try out my first Subsume abilities on Limbo Prime, since you can completely avoid damage in the Rift while casting abilities that damage enemies outside of the Rift.

I'm thinking either Smite or Shock for this kind of jerk mage.

Prepare for disappointment

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

BMan posted:

Prepare for disappointment

Most likely, but if anything, it means I can make a Limbo that never, ever has to leave the Rift whenever I go out for medallions. It's the little things.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

temple posted:

I want to play Deimos but this token business is pissing me off. I feel one resource short to get a token. I can't imagine how this is better than the alternatives. If I want to play for an hour, how do I use my time effectively on Deimos? It almost seems better to trade individual tokens for standing than the purchase grandmother tokens if you don't have time to grind and horde.

like shark said, absolutely save your grandmother tokens to build the weapons. if you've got a short time to play and want to hit rep cap for the day, run a mother bounty or two and you'll have plenty of tokens to turn in. for daughter / son, just do the bare minimum for rank up requirements then specifically chase the stuff you want after. vaults are going through all kinds of horrible buginess and revisions, so i won't try to touch on optimal mech part farming and nekraloid rankups.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Well, I've just spent the last couple hours disappointing the Family. It's like Christmas all over again. Doesn't help that Grandma is the one showing me up on the skateboards.

e: Also, Father's idle where he rubs his non-existent shoulder makes my own shoulder hurt.

Dareon fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Aug 28, 2020

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Malloc Voidstar posted:

expect to abort and re-run a deimos mission at least once, seems fairly buggy right now (DOOR STUCK PLEASE I BEG OF YOU)

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Here is the short version of how to progress Deimos easily and make sense of the tokens.

• Mother tokens are plentiful and don't require any rare resources to get, just do your favorite bounty and load up on them, use these for ranking up the faction, don't use other tokens for reputation, even grandmother tokens.

• Father Tokens, second easiest to acquire since you can just give him your excess crap that you probably got a few thousand of from just walking around. (save 60 of these for the necraloid faction)

• Otak, Daughter, Son, these three are for mining, fishing, conservation, you can progress the faction just fine by getting the bare minimum of these for ranking up and skip the ones you least enjoy after.

• Grandmother tokens, her tokens are 1500 rep and her trades are always 1000 rep of tokens for one of her tokens, you need 60 of these to craft every new gun from the faction and will probably need more, take EVERY trade that involves mother tokens and father tokens when you got excess because those are basically free granny tokens with how many you can get of those, 10 mother for 1 grandmother token is the best trade she can offer you and Otak, Daughter, Son tokens should just go into trades that involve mother and father tokens if your conserving those three.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Aug 28, 2020

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
as a new player this medical bond bottleneck for the Fortuna factions really sucks

ticker isn't selling any and I ran a half dozen of the bounty that's supposed to reward them without a single result

(yes they drop from profit taker but you can't get carried to that boss unless you're at the rank that unlocks it)

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yeah hold onto them and familial bonds because they are an annoying bottleneck. I had to run 20+ bounties and of course then it gave me 8 from one mission.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

flatluigi posted:

as a new player this medical bond bottleneck for the Fortuna factions really sucks

ticker isn't selling any and I ran a half dozen of the bounty that's supposed to reward them without a single result

(yes they drop from profit taker but you can't get carried to that boss unless you're at the rank that unlocks it)

It's very much RNG, sometimes Ticker's inventory and the bounty rewards just refuse to play nice. Come back in eight hours and all of her debt contracts will have changed, though. Also, be prepared to spend through the nose, all the medical and up bonds come from the 100kcr debt contracts. It's not the most expensive Fortuna grind (That dubious honor belongs to building moas, 205k for each), but it's pretty bad.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

• Mother tokens are plentiful and don't require any rare resources to get, just do your favorite bounty and load up on them, use these for ranking up the faction, don't use other tokens for reputation, especially grandmother tokens.

Emphasis mine.
FYI you need 60 or so grandma tokens for the scintiglass shards to make various things.

Its efficient standing conversion but spend too many and you'll regret it later.

If you have plat to spare there are daily specials for parts that you can trade in for tokens if you must.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

flatluigi posted:

Good thing that idea died with Ticker and they never based an entire new content expansion on it!

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
For Deimos resources you can find most of the minerals, gems and fish parts just from breaking the red cyst containers you see all over the place and from killing enemies or doing vaults so don't feel forced into a ton of fishing and mining and as always when hunting for resources bring a Smeeta to occasionally double them and have a resource booster running on Deimos.

There is MANDATORY conservation but you only need 5 birds and 1 medjay and a random son token, for the bird buy the lure and find a decent working nest location and reload the area if you run out of lure locations, for the medjay I highly recommend buying the pheromone because I found hundreds of the others before I found the first wild medjay but got one on the first pheromone attempt.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
I hate hunting. It's slow, tedious, and quite often fails because the trail you're supposed to follow doesn't map on the terrain textures. The fact that all the map markers are identical and only show when my tranq rifle is out means I have to wander all over the place without a weapon handy just to look for a particular creature to hunt.
Avichea are even worse. Tiny little fuckers who rarely appear, and when they do it's often somewhere you can't get to them.
And oh look, I need to get a bunch of them to get the new Helminth mechanics unlocked.

In short, gently caress getting rank 3 and gently caress DE for thinking that forcing me to do this bullshit qualifies as an entertaining gameplay experience. :fuckoff:

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Wyld Karde posted:

The fact that all the map markers are identical and only show when my tranq rifle is out means I have to wander all over the place without a weapon handy just to look for a particular creature to hunt.

This isn't particularly a solution to all your problem, but if you hold the appropriate lure instead, it will only show those scat piles.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
That helps a little at least, thanks. You've saved me from at least one point of bullshit in this long list of bullshit.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Wyld Karde posted:

I hate hunting. It's slow, tedious, and quite often fails because the trail you're supposed to follow doesn't map on the terrain textures.

You don't -have- to follow the trail, I usually just jump into the middle of the circle and look around a little for the nest location, sometimes you can pick up the trail again, so long as it isn't extremely mountainous in the area it tends to be faster then following the trail.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
i stacked loot find on Loki and just run around invisible with an ignis wraith and blow up the enviroment

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Spent some time farming conservation for Son tokens just for the rank up requirement to drop from 10 to 1.

Just be chill with your Warframe experience. There's no time limit and there's plenty of time to kill regardless as subsuming is a 24h process.

Enjoy the game.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

For hunting in Deimos just zoom around and look through your tranq gun. You'll get most of what you need pretty quickly. The exception are the common birds.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
so Marked For Death is pretty good on Revenant

e: and ash
and finisher builds
and heavy attack builds

this is ridiculous lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPZyo_LYC0U&t=218s

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Aug 28, 2020

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

For a "Common Avichaea Tag" this isn't very common. I've seen so many more Medijay parasites, even when I use the lure.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Spent some time farming conservation for Son tokens just for the rank up requirement to drop from 10 to 1.

Just be chill with your Warframe experience. There's no time limit and there's plenty of time to kill regardless as subsuming is a 24h process.

Enjoy the game.
It's hilarious how the same people who are whining the loudest about smashing their face into the pre-hotfix'd grinder like it's a speedrun/Path of Exile race league are also the same ones that will be most shocked/indignant about how there's little to do once their grueling, frustrating sprint is over. Two layers of hell of their own making. Double bonus if they're also the ones grumpy about later patches and adjustments making things/requirements significantly easier and then ranting about how nobody else should have it easier than they did. :allears:

I'm stoked to see for what silly out-of-nowhere synergies are gonna fall out of these fresh systems tho.

I'm also looking forward to today's devstream to see if they have more concrete plans for xaku buffs and other issues. Tho really, i've mostly just been missing devstreams in general :smith: 2020 boo

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Aug 28, 2020

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Is Razorwing Titania any good for focus farming? I usually use Saryn but I have a full set of lenses to apply and still 2 mill left on my Vazarin tree, and I wouldn't mind a shake up from a Warframe.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Flipswitch posted:

Is Razorwing Titania any good for focus farming? I usually use Saryn but I have a full set of lenses to apply and still 2 mill left on my Vazarin tree, and I wouldn't mind a shake up from a Warframe.
Titania's strengths are top tier mobility and decent single target damage. You can diwata spam yourself through crowds (really hope you dont get motionsick easily), but her mob clearspeed isn't gonna be anywhere near the usual favorites for that. She's one of my most played frames but i wouldn't pick her for focus farming - unless you just want to sit in ESO and leech off another killframe, in which case your frame barely matters.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Aug 28, 2020

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I'll stick with Saryn then, cheers mate. :)

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Flipswitch posted:

I'll stick with Saryn then, cheers mate. :)

Yeah saryn is much better for focus farming.

Oct 28, 2003

pretty sure birds don't exist.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

FYI, resource boosters work on animal tags

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Wow, Itzal's 1 is really good at yeeting open world enemies clear over the nearest mountain range.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Avynte posted:

like shark said, absolutely save your grandmother tokens to build the weapons. if you've got a short time to play and want to hit rep cap for the day, run a mother bounty or two and you'll have plenty of tokens to turn in. for daughter / son, just do the bare minimum for rank up requirements then specifically chase the stuff you want after. vaults are going through all kinds of horrible buginess and revisions, so i won't try to touch on optimal mech part farming and nekraloid rankups.

Yeah, a tier 5 bounty gives somewhere around 100 tokens if you get the bonuses so that's already better than SU or Ostron bounties without converting to grandma tokens. Simply getting rep for these guys isn't really a problem.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Enjoy the game.

The conservation poo poo is unenjoyable for me no matter the pace I do it at, so I figured I'd just get it over with. The tokens ended up not even being a problem for me, I had something like 40 of the things by the time I finally got the 5 bird tags. I ended up being slow enough for them to remove the requirement for tier one and reduce the requirement for tier 3 so more grandma tokens I guess :toot:

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
So I had a thought regarding the "Upload data" bounty in the drift. It makes a sort of :psyduck: sense.

If you're doing it solo, you pick up all 10 of the parts that he wants, but if you're not solo, other people pick them up. And if they don't give him the parts, he can't upload the data.

So I'm wondering if when doing it with other people if they all have to go over and give him the items they pick up during the first part of that bounty in order to get the full bonus (along with protecting him).

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I just spent 100-odd plat on the necessary tags from the Son's "Today's Specials" tag because I just straight-up don't want to interact with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

DelphiAegis posted:

So I'm wondering if when doing it with other people if they all have to go over and give him the items they pick up during the first part of that bounty in order to get the full bonus (along with protecting him).
I talked to a few other players today who said it made no difference - even in a premade of all 4 basically humping the guy while mashing X the timer just doesn't scale with the max upload speed and always fails.

There's a couple of "bonus" objectives in bounties in general that are so boneheadedly stupid that i'm convinced nobody ever tested them, or if anyone did that it ended up getting buried and lost on some issue tracker.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Aug 28, 2020