Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Coffee?
This poll is closed.
Yay! 54 34.39%
Nay. 43 27.39%
O-kay? 24 15.29%
Whatever. 36 22.93%
Total: 157 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
never not 17

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
anyway

finished ssss.gridman

that was quite good. i think probably the first time i've seen it was all a dream! in anime before, complete with a honto maji person and fairy tale like. good stuff.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The toku stuff in Gridman ends up being the most generic and least interesting part of the whole thing, though I've never been super into tokusatsu outside of like, enjoying Power Rangers as a kid. When the series shows its hand it gets way more compelling, though. Excited for the follow-up.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Mangadex is getting hammered rn, plus they got takedown notices for a few popular series like KnY and Way of the Househusband.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i don't really have high expectations for dynazemon just because i don't think they can pull out leads i like as much as akane and rikka

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

This is one of those posts that elicits a :stare: even in context because, y'know, phrasing.

https://twitter.com/OutofVTubers/status/1243047288710164480

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Paracelsus posted:

Mangadex is getting hammered rn, plus they got takedown notices for a few popular series like KnY and Way of the Househusband.

Oh balls.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Iktf

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I'm impressed they got an a VA who actually speaks real French to voice the French guy in Great Pretender, at least before it switches to Japanese.

Wonder if they got a different person to just dub the French accent or if the Japanese VA is actually bilingual.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Aug 27, 2020

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Got her so shook the real voice came out.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Is there like a weekly digest for hilarious vtuber stuff aside from that one Twitter?

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
just finishing reading YKK for the first time since the original run ended and drat they really broke the chekhov’s gun thing huh

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I wouldn't expect it to resonate in exactly the same way and at this point I'm just waiting to see where they go with it in terms of being a wholly separate "new show" or what, but I don't really see any reason to be pessimistic about the gridman guys' next project. So far it just looks like the team wanting to get together on another show.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

at the top of the hour

homeless snail posted:

Tonight @ 8pm eastern, Healin' Good Precure continues, Crest of the Stars begins the Baron Febdash arc, and since no one wanted to get eye strain watching Kaikan Phrase, starting up yet another new show, Magical Circle Guru Guru (1994 version)

https://cytu.be/r/okayletswatchanime

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

homeless snail posted:

at the top of the hour

You should have done the new version! Gah!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i will... in about 60 episodes + movies

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Got her so shook the real voice came out.

lmao

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Motto posted:

I wouldn't expect it to resonate in exactly the same way and at this point I'm just waiting to see where they go with it in terms of being a wholly separate "new show" or what, but I don't really see any reason to be pessimistic about the gridman guys' next project. So far it just looks like the team wanting to get together on another show.

:hai:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

homeless snail posted:

i will... in about 60 episodes + movies

Thank you.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Wark Say posted:

She's great and she's one of the 3 "main" girls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIe2LaHLsJk

Yes, they're all sorta dumbasses. :mmmhmm:

Wasteful Days of High School Girls (as mentioned above) is a really funny show that has a lot in common with things like My Everyday Life/Nichijou or Daily Lives of High School Boys (a.k.a. Nichibros)

Also probably my favorite "goofy but extremely endearing" OP from last year:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYXPjGe0COQ

watched the first episode and it is indeed very good

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I'm glad you enjoyed yourself! :)

Unrelated to MoonDashCryers, you fuckers made me watch Vtubers and now my YouTube Recs and Twitter TL won't stop recommending them! :argh:

Thank you. :3:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i'm optimistic about dynazemon

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Aurora posted:

i'm optimistic about dynazemon

We still don’t have a release date for that yet do we?

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
holy poo poo the vrv app is awful

also the subtitles for the hidive... channel within vrv is also awful. they're like in the middle of the screen and white with no background.

Edit: now the app on the PS4 doesn't have subs at all. The Roku app doesn't either. The website does.

This poo poo is wild.

Tabletops fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Aug 28, 2020

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i don't think dynazemon will be bad i just specifically think it will be hard for it to top gridman for me

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I don't really have strong expectations of Dynazenon back, other than that its storyboards will probably be dope as hell - I adored Gridman's and the director and staff appear to be essentially unchanged. Really curious to see how/if it plays off of Gridman, because while there's definitely some cool stuff they could do, I also feel like there's some real landmines they could step on if they try to add to much to what I thought was a pretty good and definitive ending back in Gridman.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pkj-Q94nj30

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

"eehhhhhnnnngh"

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Aggretsuko continues to piss me off.

Season 3 spoilers:

I can't stand how anti-Marxist the show is (not surprising for obvious reasons). So she realizes that she's strong and can go back to her old life, but drops her job as an idol? I mean I get that it's dangerous but still it's essentially what she always wanted. Her being in that lovely job being bossed and abused around is somehow a big improvement?

Also what she said to Haida that he should shut up and know his place and is forcing his feelings on her is true. She just had a traumatic experience a few days ago and he's going to perform shock therapy with a mix of confessing his love to her? What the gently caress?

Also, why in the gently caress did she hold hands with that guy at all when he was verbally abusing her? Who gives a gently caress if he paid for the tickets? They're obviously void if he acts like an asshat.

punk rebel ecks fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Aug 28, 2020

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Having 50% more life would be sick

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

the madoka mobage's english version is shutting down for some inexplicable reason

how did they not make money

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I don't think commentary on how lovely idol culture is is anti-Marxist.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Aurora posted:

the madoka mobage's english version is shutting down for some inexplicable reason

Is it from Pokelabo because they shut down the Symphogear game like this year too

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Let's see what Mel's Mama came up with so she can stop getting harassed by Youtube for the crime of having boobs:

Sore ga Aikatsu.

Captain Cappy fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Aug 28, 2020

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I think I like Vox Monsters the most so far.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Aurora posted:

Is the Japanese version of Magia Record still going though?

Hopefully this won’t effect the production of the second season of the anime (hell, finishing the story in anime form might even be better honestly).

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Pollyanna posted:

I think I like Vox Monsters the most so far.

Pikamee is great and it's cool that she translates a lot of what she says in real time. I haven't had much exposure to the other two but they are cool.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Tomoshika shouting "LET'S KILL DA HO" because she heard it in JoJo's was extremely good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Larryb posted:

Is the Japanese version of Magia Record still going though?

Hopefully this won’t effect the production of the second season of the anime (hell, finishing the story in anime form might even be better honestly).
1) the content the anime would be adapting is already in both the jp and eng versions of magireco. that story is complete. the jp version started a second story arc recently.
2) yes its still going, so the anime should be unaffected