Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Coffee?
This poll is closed.
Yay! 54 34.39%
Nay. 43 27.39%
O-kay? 24 15.29%
Whatever. 36 22.93%
Total: 157 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Endorph posted:

1) the content the anime would be adapting is already in both the jp and eng versions of magireco. that story is complete. the jp version started a second story arc recently.
2) yes its still going, so the anime should be unaffected

Ah, I never played the mobile game so I wasn’t sure how far along the story was currently. Good to know.

When will the english version be shutting down out of curiosity? Or has it already happened?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Around the end of next month, though they're still letting people give them money for another two weeks.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also out of curiosity for those who played it, how much story is left to cover at this point (for the first arc at least) from where the first season of the anime left off?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Waffleman_ posted:

I don't think commentary on how lovely idol culture is is anti-Marxist.

I wasn't really familiar with the whole idol thing but people are saying what the show portrayed was toned down? What the gently caress?

But yeah it seems that Retsuko always is within a grasp of her dreams but then the show gives the message "nope, 9 to 5 job is still superior."

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I can't believe the show that is literal Sanrio corporate propaganda is capitalist.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

yeah gently caress sanrio... now san-x... rilakkuma and kaoru owns!!!

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

punk rebel ecks posted:

I wasn't really familiar with the whole idol thing but people are saying what the show portrayed was toned down? What the gently caress?

But yeah it seems that Retsuko always is within a grasp of her dreams but then the show gives the message "nope, 9 to 5 job is still superior."

Is that really any different than any other sitcom? If she quits her job there's no more show

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

If you want marxist anime learn japanese and translate Sasuke (1968) for me

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I can't believe the show that is literal Sanrio corporate propaganda is capitalist.

That's why I put "obvious reasons"

GorfZaplen posted:

Already on it.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

It got an italian translation. Ciao a tutti!

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Plutonis posted:

It got an italian translation. Ciao a tutti!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnAeGMIxOQo

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
think ice might be the worst ova i've ever watched

the second episode has the heroines's foster sister try to murder her with a rocket launcher and viciously beat her in the stomach out of jealousy. in episode 3 she is cast as a sympathetic character who everyone consoles when the heroine is put in peril

also there is a doomsday machine that is activated by stabbing your finger over a giant panel labeled "INSTALL YOUR BLOOD"

i want to know how a fairly prolific writer with some decent credits wrote the most baffling yuri sci-fi i've ever seen

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Aug 28, 2020

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

The Colonel posted:

i want to know how a fairly prolific writer with some decent credits wrote the most baffling yuri sci-fi i've ever seen

well it does have multiple writer credits, and also this

quote:

The show's creator Yasushi Akimoto is also the producer of idol group AKB48. The cast is a mixture of experienced voice actors and young AKB48 members.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i would also like to know why they made an akb48 promotional ova where the plot is about far future lesbians battling over drugs that create babies by trapping the user in a chunk of ice and then all getting murdered by an ancient bioweapon

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
well they don't call them the ips48

haha...

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Mechazawa and Minizawa

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

So to find out what exactly idol culture is, I watched Netflix's "Tokyo Idols" which covers what idols are, their fans, and just a general overview, and I really REALLY wish I hadn't.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Ahhh done cooking at work time to go get my shift drink

A table of fat gently caress redneck pieces of poo poo making jokes about black people and BLM and just dropping n words left and right

I loving hate the country

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

punk rebel ecks posted:

So to find out what exactly idol culture is, I watched Netflix's "Tokyo Idols" which covers what idols are, their fans, and just a general overview, and I really REALLY wish I hadn't.

Congrats on becoming woke to it brother...people these days try to say idols are empowering but dont believe the lies

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Congrats on becoming woke to it brother...people these days try to say idols are empowering but dont believe the lies

what about that idolmaster char who wants to step on dudes balls

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i like dempagumi.inc, the woke idols that are all 30+ now and married and drink all the time

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Stairmaster posted:

what about that idolmaster char who wants to step on dudes balls

fictional idol media is kinda inherently in a different space

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i like the indie idol trio who, shortly before they disbanded, put on a performance where one of them ate a bug on stage

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf5NVgE-fpg

asmr :)

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Idols are win, everything surrounding idols is fail.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I like these idols that cover zeuhl bands

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBI1EL6G5vY

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

suck video, they didnt actually use any asmr mics

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
it's everyone's favorite
https://twitter.com/gomanga/status/1299436018924498948?s=20

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

congratulations garfield

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
THE CAT FUCKIN SUCKS

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

it isn't being posted in this thread anymore so I don't care. may kyuu-chan fans find happiness

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

and a better manga :twisted:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Elephant Parade posted:

it isn't being posted in this thread anymore so I don't care. may kyuu-chan fans find happiness
thank you

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Elephant Parade posted:

huh??

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Elephant Parade posted:

:gurf:

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
im surprised no one has shitposted the kyuu-chan meme comic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

PrinnySquadron posted:

Tomoshika shouting "LET'S KILL DA HO" because she heard it in JoJo's was extremely good

I remember watching her play Fallguys with Pikamee and Monoe a few days ago. Tomoshika started just swearing up a storm.