Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Video Nasty posted:

Look I'm sorry it was the first thing that came to mind but now I can't delete it.

That wouldn't actually end up doing much, I would think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

zedprime posted:

It's traditional Chinese medicine for your dick.

Approximately 99% of traditional Chinese medicine is for your dick.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Probably the most profound book I’ve ever read. Good god, that war.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

I like to imagine they all have race horsie names.

"And up to the start we have Big Bertha Of The Continential Divide. Men are lining up to shoot, and oh no, it appears none of them have been able to connect. Coming up onto the range is Commando The Motion Picture and Oh Dear he's picked an upwind and none of the men seem to hit it. Will any of these brave vessled be felled by man's might? But, oh what's this? Jenkins lines up and Oh My God, he's connected! Smoke! Flame! Crashing to the Ground, Oh The Humanity has been conquered by Jenkins!"

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

SomeJazzyRat posted:

I like to imagine they all have race horsie names.

"And up to the start we have Big Bertha Of The Continential Divide. Men are lining up to shoot, and oh no, it appears none of them have been able to connect. Coming up onto the range is Commando The Motion Picture and Oh Dear he's picked an upwind and none of the men seem to hit it. Will any of these brave vessled be felled by man's might? But, oh what's this? Jenkins lines up and Oh My God, he's connected! Smoke! Flame! Crashing to the Ground, Oh The Humanity has been conquered by Jenkins!"

That just reminds me of the best named horse of all time

I give to you one of the greatest racehorses of all time, Potoooooooo , pronounced Potatoes. Also sometimes spelt Pot-8-Os.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Aramoro posted:

I give to you one of the greatest racehorses of all time, Potoooooooo , pronounced Potatoes. Also sometimes spelt Pot-8-Os.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Aramoro posted:

Potoooooooo is in the Ea-nasir category of "things that are going to endure a lot longer than the entire rest of their kind" and I am extremely here for it.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Trabant posted:

Incidentally, 99% of it is also made out of animal dicks, dick-shaped animal parts or dick-shaped roots.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Aramoro posted:

Not a funny picture, but
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0RSHFoRbiE

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

every day is a new horror

Grendels Dad posted:

Incidentally, 99% of it is also made out of animal dicks, dick-shaped animal parts or dick-shaped roots.

Wasn't 99% of it made from bones and teeth of endangered animals?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

RustyKnight posted:

Sounds like a chicken/egg situation there.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Trabant posted:

His dick. Specifically. Like it's the world's most busted dick and it requires the entirety of China's traditional medicine supply to try and fix. A Six Million Dollar Man kind of situation but for this one dude's dick.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Lobok posted:

His dick. Specifically. Like it's the world's most busted dick and it requires the entirety of China's traditional medicine supply to try and fix. A Six Million Dollar Man kind of situation but for this one dude's dick.
Does it make the noise?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Boil em mash em stick em in a bottle

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
Boil them mash them turn them into glue

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Boil him, mash him, turn him into glue

E: hey gently caress you buddy

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
Boil em mash em hey buddy gently caress you

St_Ides
May 19, 2008

Just Offscreen posted:

That wouldn't actually end up doing much, I would think.

Can confirm. Even if it managed to take out a load tape, you'd want/need to repair it before another flight to prevent further damage. Wouldn't make a difference at the time. Worst case, it somehow severs a vent line and the ballon can either not rotate in 1 direction, or quickly vent the hot air. Either situation is not great, but trained for and generally easy to deal with.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
might as well post it at this point

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihMMw0rnKz4

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Lobok posted:

OK, fine. You've gone and created the ultimate apex medicine for potent human dick. What's to stop some bright and enterprising medical person from grinding THAT up for unimaginable medical benefit?

Whadaya get then?

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Splicer posted:

Does it make the noise?

Oh, I'm afraid you're thinking of Deng XiaoPING.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Best horse name ever is Hoof Hearted. Especially when the announcer says it fast.

Why yes I AM fifteen in my head

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

I'm impressed you can't hear that announcer laughing at all. He saw the name ARRRR and just leaned into it hard. Incredible.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Flyinglemur posted:

Best horse name ever is Hoof Hearted. Especially when the announcer says it fast.
:wrong:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItFJ62QEpv8

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Zonko_T.M. posted:

I'm impressed you can't hear that announcer laughing at all. He saw the name ARRRR and just leaned into it hard. Incredible.

The mans a professional.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

RustyKnight posted:

They weren't endangered at the time. It's kind of like how the Bahaman government banned subsistence fishing after gleefully making bank from the fishing trawlers that made the measures required in the first place.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Flyinglemur posted:

I'm literally straining to make my brain remember this forever

make way, schooling

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Hoof Hearted is a superior horse name.

:gas:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

my dad had a copy of that book lying around the house when i was a kid and it profoundly affected my developing brain.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Flyinglemur posted:

I cackled and I regret nothing

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

I love everything about these two. Even in the artist's illustration you see two drivers running into the immediately obvious problem of "what happens when you meet a car going the other way?" I love how the autogyro joust would be deadly enough on its own, but on top of everything it's being held over a parking lot that people can still drive in and out of, all while people watch maybe 10 feet away.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I love everything about these two. Even in the artist's illustration you see two drivers running into the immediately obvious problem of "what happens when you meet a car going the other way?" I love how the autogyro joust would be deadly enough on its own, but on top of everything it's being held over a parking lot that people can still drive in and out of, all while people watch maybe 10 feet away.

the book's called Zany Afternoons if you want to look it up, the zany afternoons in question being the insane things bored jaded rich people do to amuse themselves, to the detriment of themselves and others.

there were also descriptions of insane imaginary aircraft and cars.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

uber_stoat posted:

the book's called Zany Afternoons if you want to look it up, the zany afternoons in question being the insane things bored jaded rich people do to amuse themselves, to the detriment of themselves and others.

I absolutely love stuff like this, thanks for the tip! I'll see if I can pick it up somewhere.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Evilreaver posted:

Boil them mash them turn them into glue

That's so much better thank you pro

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

uber_stoat posted:

I wish rich people were half as cool as this. Most of them just rape children and do more "exclusive" versions of the same poo poo touristy suburbanites do on vacation.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

MizPiz posted:

I wish rich people were half as cool as this. Most of them just rape children and do more "exclusive" versions of the same poo poo touristy suburbanites do on vacation.

Oh sure. You say that now, but once my butler slams my flying boat into the side of the Sears Tower for my amusement all of a sudden I'm the rear end in a top hat. Nice try, when I'm rich I'll just start buying $500 hamburgers and $2000 ice cream sundaes, thank you very much.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

So Metal Slug was a documentary, weird.

LifeSunDeath has a new favorite as of 19:02 on Aug 28, 2020

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
sorry for double post, here's some content:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter