Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Vim Fuego posted:

And yet, universal health care and legal weed and free college aren't in the platform. Biden can't do the right thing even if it's popular

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize we were allowed to just blatantly ignore the will of a minority group (donors) when making decisions. Real progressive of you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

sounds like biden cant do poo poo and is gonna lose anyway

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Some Guy TT posted:

biden has already had several sister souljah moments most of the black speakers at the rnc were very diligent when it came to reminding us about them

as a matter of fact, Biden managed to nullify all of them by stating that said constituents aren't black to begin with

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

lol that trump's doj is going after herbalife while the dems like harris were all bought and paid for and protected the scam

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
People of Wealth

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

turd in my singlet posted:

Literally the same strategy as Hillary lmao

At least Clinton had the historical significance of being the country's first female president. Biden is just another old white dude but this time significantly older than average.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

wasn't that poo poo like 30 years ago?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/KBTM30/status/1299387691499425797?s=19

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

The Nastier Nate posted:

28. Gen X probably doesn’t even remember it.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

ah this crap again

reminder that police reform in Minneapolis was prevented from going to a public vote this fall by an unelected committee appointed by an unelected judge

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

during their press announcement, one of the Milwaukee Bucks players was wearing a t-shirt with an obama quote so their stand probably wasn't going to have the impact they expected

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

looks like the moronic smoothbrained dipshits who have columns or write op-eds and have been wrong about literally everything for decades, and yet are the only people whose opinions are given the weight to guide Democratic policies, are screaming for Biden to take an even harder line against the protesters and more emphatically defend are cops.

what a fuckin trainwreck lmao, I know a couple libs for whom the protest response so far was the last straw and if he doubles down he's gonna lose even more of his base while gaining absolutely nobody to his right

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

The Nastier Nate posted:

It's George Will. 30 years ago is dangerously modern to him.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

what a fuckin trainwreck lmao, I know a couple libs for whom the protest response so far was the last straw and if he doubles down he's gonna lose even more of his base while gaining absolutely nobody to his right

I've already said it but that "I am opposed to all violence such as looting and whatever else" quote broke me in ways I didn't think I could still be broken.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Epic High Five posted:

looks like the moronic smoothbrained dipshits who have columns or write op-eds and have been wrong about literally everything for decades, and yet are the only people whose opinions are given the weight to guide Democratic policies, are screaming for Biden to take an even harder line against the protesters and more emphatically defend are cops.

Feel like the country is so broken and all our systems so tilted there is no longer any chance or ability to produce people able to actually envision or enact reform and electoral politics will remain shuffling deck chairs until the entire country collapses into the underground oligarchy of the mole princes.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

I love that the Republicans are like Biden wants to do a lot of cool poo poo and Biden and Co have to come out and scream we 100% won’t be doing any of that.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

It's a bit comforting and freeing because it doesn't mean I have to succumb to doom and give up, I can care deeply and accept the entropy simultaneously, refocusing my energy to the local problems I can help with instead of worrying about the byzantine nature of our national character and the far-off and distant legislative branch who i have as much chance of affecting with my limited power and agency as wishing a star down from the sky.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Sharkopath posted:

Feel like the country is so broken and all our systems so tilted there is no longer any chance or ability to produce people able to actually envision or enact reform and electoral politics will remain shuffling deck chairs until the entire country collapses into the underground oligarchy of the mole princes.

oh we're producing them alright, we're producing them in such numbers in fact that the only people allowed to opine on politics at any big platform or hold power are the same people who were doing it 40 years ago and why every decade what is considered "young" goes up another decade. Young now is "under 50" lmfao, due half to it being decades since anybody in power giving any young person a reason to buy in to the status quo and half to plain old gerontocracy entrenching itself

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Epic High Five posted:

oh we're producing them alright, we're producing them in such numbers in fact that the only people allowed to opine on politics at any big platform or hold power are the same people who were doing it 40 years ago and why every decade what is considered "young" goes up another decade. Young now is "under 50" lmfao, due half to it being decades since anybody in power giving any young person a reason to buy in to the status quo and half to plain old gerontocracy entrenching itself

Yah thats what I meant, the systems are all so busted that they can't get access to power, which is functionally the same as not existing really.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Maya Fey posted:

bernie has entered what historians will refer to as his Epic Bernie phase

https://twitter.com/BernieSanders/status/1299178092271984642

https://twitter.com/theonion/status/1230569833475039234?lang=en

it really sucks how bad he's gotten lol

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Watching our greatest champions become slavering libs has been the absolute most depressing theme/event(s) of 2020.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Raccooon posted:

I love that the Republicans are like Biden wants to do a lot of cool poo poo and Biden and Co have to come out and scream we 100% won’t be doing any of that.

yeah it loving owns
https://twitter.com/InternetHippo/status/1298098209198239745

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

Tubgoat posted:

Watching our greatest champions become slavering libs has been the absolute most depressing theme/event(s) of 2020.

At the beginning of 2020 we had hope, jobs, and cash.

Well maybe not cash but hope and jobs at least.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

CongoJack posted:

At the beginning of 2020 we had hope, jobs, and cash.

Well maybe not cash but hope and jobs at least.

a minimum wage gig economy job is still techincally a job so sure ill give it to you

Il Federale
Oct 10, 2012

quote:

Biden, then, should go immediately to Wisconsin ... Then, on the burned-out streets, without a script, from the heart, Biden should speak to the city and the country.

i agree that Biden should do this

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
No script, no delay, no cuts.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

healthcare pls

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Listen fat,

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

do you want healthcare.. or do you want to watch me sock a few dingers!!

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

wow... just looked at the tax returns and it says right here he reported $100,000 in income from the KGB... we freakin got em folks

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

I'm not going to be too critical of the players. In walking out and disrupting the playoffs in support of BLM, even for just a few days, they did more with their platform than almost anyone else, including the actual politicians. Of course the corporate entity is going to co-opt and undermine their message, and the player association is run by the huge stars whose interests are almost directly aligned with the corporate entity.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

4 years of them trying to dunk on trump and still getting poo poo on by him on twitter

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

https://twitter.com/RobertCahaly/status/1296302561159413760

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
you gotta stop all the, tomfoolery, jack! quit monkyin' around! it's like they say, you can't get the goose without, you know, the, the thing. so let's all do it the right way!

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

electable ol joe, cant loving risk having a policy or vision, just gotta beat trump gotta beat trump

loving great job obama, going two for goddamn two on your handpicked successor eating poo poo

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
Nancy Pelosi Is Lying To You

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/11Decider/status/1296589287186718726

Where do they get their unearned confidence from???

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i feel absolutely terrible for all those poor bastards i talked to when canvassing. loving gave them a sense of hope. now all theyve got is some patronizing multimillionaire class going "hashtag vote blue no matter who, ha ha! we'll put that ol crooked donald behind us and move forward, to exactly the way things were, which were where you lived in a trailer and died while we paid wall-street billions to cheat you. build back better!!!" and the pernicious media/marketing caste starts writing snappy headlines about Building Excitement For Joementum!!!

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
literally all trump has to do is keep calling them far left radicals and the right will believe it and the dems will spend all their time going "No! We'll keep the immigrant camps and the anti-muslim laws and the lovely healthcare system and the bloated military budget and replace the white house flag with a blue lives american flag!" until their entire base just slowly shuts down and turns to dust

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

part of our responsibility is showing people how entrenched the ruling interests are in this country

that means celebrating the intention of neophytic political demonstration while simultaneously pointing out the ineffectualness of its methods

we want people trending toward our movement and encouraged to try again harder, not ostracized because they didn't stick an impossible landing on their first attempt

what the nba players did was a good first step