Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

at first I thought it was just one of those things that a lot of arcade games had which changed team names based on region to make it more culturally relevant to the place its played but I checked in MAME and neither game does that, lol

e: wikipedia on the current holder of SNK's IP (HK company called Leyou)

quote:

In 2019, Leyou were reportedly seeking a buyer. iDreamSky (which its 18.6% stake is owned by Tencent) and CVC Capital Partners offered to acquire Leyou, but the talks were stalled due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. [24] iDreamSky were met with a competing offer from Zhejiang Century Huatong, who entered into a non-binding merger agreement with Leyou in May 2020. [25] In July, Bloomberg News reported that both Sony and Tencent were also interested in bidding for Leyou. [26][27] On the 24th of August it was reported that Tencent was close to signing a deal to acquire Leyou Technologies and take the company private. [28]

and there's your answer

I misread, SNK's IP is actually owned by chinese company 37 games. they were avoiding hurting their own feelings

d0s fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Aug 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nong
Apr 20, 2016

Never Forget
The Century Of National Humiliation.

McGavin posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2nNljv0MOw

China remakes Journey to the West for the 1.4 billionth time. :nallears:

it's basically a god of war 4 reskin since the chinese devs or now company owner also came from and worked on god of war 4 before
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj1UjPnXEDk

maybe it will be good for people who like god of war 4 type of games?

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
https://unpo.org/article/22034

quote:

Starting from 1 September 2020, hundreds of schools across eastern Southern Mongolia, particularly in the Tongliao and Ulaanhad municipalities, will be forced to use Chinese as the language of instruction. Sources confirm that the so-called “bilingual” education enhancement program is being carried out in secret by Bejing, without any official explanation. “The fate of Mongolian language education seems to be sealed. We argued to defend our rights to mother tongue that are guaranteed by the Chinese Constitutions and the Ethnic Minority Autonomy Law,” a Mongolian teacher who remained unidentified said in an audio statement. “This not only is unconstitutional but also is a flagrant violation of the basic human rights of the Mongolian people from a universal human rights perspective.”

I guess they have the next minority target lined up.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Nonsense, the Mongolian language was created by the CIA in the 70's to foment rebellion against the communist government.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Mongolia was always part of China, but the Mongolian people are invaders.

There, can I have my 50¢ now, please?

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Mongolia was always part of China, but the Mongolian people are invaders.

There, can I have my 50¢ now, please?

Darkest Auer posted:

Nonsense, the Mongolian language was created by the CIA in the 70's to foment rebellion against the communist government.

恭喜!
你们两个都已被批准加入共产党。欢迎老外!

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Do you know? China has 56 ethnic groups

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
and every one of them has a dance and colorful clothes. and they're all happy. no, no questions allowed.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

Devils Affricate posted:

Do you know? China has 56 ethnic groups

You forgot the Han. Han’s 57.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Guy Axlerod posted:

https://unpo.org/article/22034

I guess they have the next minority target lined up.

ACCPAB

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I thought Mongolia was a separate, independent country. As in recognized by the UN separate country. How can China interfere in the internal affairs of another country?

Or am I just being a pedantic poo poo, and by "southern Mongolia" they mean the region, and so it could also be phrased as north-central China.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I think they're saying Southern Mongolia when they mean Inner Mongolia.

Malkina_
May 13, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Stalin was correct in refusing to let the PRC annex Mongolia.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I think a lot of people who don't know anything about China don't realize that in the Chinese context, with its billion and a half people and its many centuries of interaction with its neighbors, the Han occupy the same role as white people do in Europe and North America.

China has 56 ethnics minorities because the Han Chinese are imperialist settler colonists the same way white europeans are. It has concentration camps for minorities and deeply engrained prejudicial repression because there are Han Chinese racial/ethnic supremacists the same way there are white supremacists.

Tibet is part of China the same way that the Congo is part of Belgium or India is part of the UK.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
It's not imperialism.

They're not white.

Or Capitalist.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Just watched a ton of Bruce Lee movies and it’s interesting how even when his stuff dealt with racism, he never went full CCP stooge like Jackie Chan. Even after acclimating to America he still loved Hong Kong.

God drat I wish Bruce Lee was still around.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It has begun. Visa for a HKFP editor has been declined.

https://hongkongfp.com/2020/08/27/v...r-6-month-wait/

quote:

Editor-in-chief Tom Grundy said that many other news outlets remain in limbo amid unprecedented visa delays, and a pattern had now emerged: “We are a local news outlet and our prospective editor was a journalist originally from Ireland, so this is not another tit-for-tat measure under the US-China trade dispute. It appears we have been targeted under the climate of the new security law and because of our impartial, fact-based coverage.”

He said that neither the applicant, nor HKFP, had been denied a visa before: “Other sectors can expect to be subjected to a similar bureaucratic rigmarole in light of the security law. Companies are already leaving or avoiding the city for this very reason,” Grundy said. “Businesses can be assured that visa issues are now a feature, not a bug. They may decide that Hong Kong is no longer a suitable place to set up a regional headquarters or base.”

Bruce Lee has awesome.

It's a shame he died of unintentional self-induced heat stroke. He would be alive if he drank water that day.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

oohhboy posted:

Bruce Lee has awesome.

It's a shame he died of unintentional self-induced heat stroke. He would be alive if he drank water that day.

Or if he hadn't had his underarm sweat glands surgically removed.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

oohhboy posted:

Bruce Lee has awesome.

Warm water really is good for your health. :(

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

McGavin posted:

Or if he hadn't had his underarm sweat glands surgically removed.

Wait, what?

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I am not sure if he had removed his glands(You sweat else where) if you don't have the water to sweat that doesn't matter.

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?
the scale of this is just unfathomable

https://twitter.com/alisonkilling/status/1298933918620672000

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Fairly sure they're not going to be deterred by a few limp-wristed picket boards and a leaflet campaign. Is there any actual way to prevent this mass murder?

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

Lazyhound posted:

You forgot the Han. Han’s 57.

This.

This post needs love!

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

WarpedNaba posted:

Fairly sure they're not going to be deterred by a few limp-wristed picket boards and a leaflet campaign. Is there any actual way to prevent this mass murder?

Not without causing even more casualties.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
OP needs to add "THIS IS" to her display name.

At first I was going to laugh at how easily camps were found by just comparing the blank spots with real mapping systems, but then I realized the party has no shame and collective global action to stop the atrocities is a year away in the absolute best case.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Aug 28, 2020

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
edit: being sent for vocational training in posting

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/comradechilioil/status/1298899386500513794?s=21

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Shumagorath posted:

edit: being sent for vocational training in posting

drat, i hate chicken!

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

another one of those twitter accounts where i had to browse around for a bit to determine if it's a real tankie or a parody (spoilers: real tankie)

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
This joke doesn't make sense because he cropped Wayne Gretzky's balls out of the frame.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
i know this isnt china but i liked when this thread was more all of asia. shinto abe has resigned due to health.

do you think he has the roni?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
RIP Shinzo Abe wanted to make japanese samurais again or whatever but nope still anime incels.

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

snergle posted:

i know this isnt china but i liked when this thread was more all of asia. shinto abe has resigned due to health.

pooping himself too much (unironically)

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
A demon doth defecate at thy door

This is a bit sad. He mixed up exude with extol. He then replies to certain negative comments in OK-ish Chinese, just to show that he can. He claims to want to buy the third volume of Xi's magnum opus in "普通话".

Thing is though he is actively trying to get back to China and live the China dream, which I think is the only valid course of action for the vehemently pro CCP type people. I hope he gets what he is looking for (he'll probably just be exploited in a school somewhere).

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

There's already a Japan thread, I think we handle the North Korea stuff whenever something interesting happens. Or they start squealing, because if there's one public stream of announcements that makes China's look humble by comparison...

Anyway, from the sounds of it Abe's got cancer. Big ol' tumour.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

snergle posted:

He has ulcerative colitis. Based on my experiences, it's running to the bathroom and blood blood blood 24/7.

There's also an increased rate of bowel cancer, but we don't know if that applies to Abe yet.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

peanut posted:

He has ulcerative colitis. Based on my experiences, it's running to the bathroom and blood blood blood 24/7.

There's also an increased rate of bowel cancer, but we don't know if that applies to Abe yet.

oh hey me and abe have something in common. if he is resigning it must be pretty bad its a minor pain in my stomach for me but i gotta get a colonoscopy every year to make sure its not getting cancerous.

Ive heard it can be really bad pain though if your colon ulcers get big.

also can i get a link to the jp thread.

snergle fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Aug 29, 2020

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
could just be a euphemistic lie yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

rip abe shinzo

he never scored