Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
Don't think numlock works when you're holding down a button (WW/strafe). Would have to let go of right click with that set-up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
If you're holding right click to strafe, the num lock will fire off when you stop to hungering arrow; so you don't need to do anything extra beyond what you're normally doing.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Ooh, nice

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
As a dh main I am extremely jealous. That is a sexy bow

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Not a great seasonal buff

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Boy, fuckin', howdy.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Man, I got my first usable primal this season. It was a pair of boots for my Mundunugu set.

My other primals so far have been a squirts necklace and two gladiators gauntlets.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I started a HC barb and my first primal was Corpsewhisper shoulders (for necro). :v:

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Suburban Dad posted:

I started a HC barb and my first primal was Corpsewhisper shoulders (for necro). :v:

I know that feeling, I rolled a Witch Doctor to gamble some Swamp Land Waders for my necro, and ended up getting primal legs for a witch doctor set. The only other one I got was the charity primal, for a Necro set I don't even use. :shepicide:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Made some crappy Diablo 2 icons for myself, thought I'd share

[link to.ico files]

e:one more dumb thing

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Aug 27, 2020

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Boy, if I could drop money on an avatar and also not give Lowtax more money, this is the one I'd get.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Tubgoat posted:

Boy, if I could drop money on an avatar and also not give Lowtax more money, this is the one I'd get.

Boy, are you in luck.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
How likely is Kenai to upgrade a Rare into a set item (or class-specific legendary in general)?

Which is the best way to farm specific bracers and/or jewellery?

TIA :tipshat:

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

Looking to Buy a McLaren, Anyone Selling One .... Cheap?
Each class can only upgrade a yellow rare to a certain number of orange legendaries. You can see those item lists here on D3 planner. Also keep in mind you can use Kanai's Cube to convert set items to another one in that set, so if you have 2 sets of boots, you can convert one into another piece of that set that you're missing.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
ASK ME ABOUT MY BORDERLINE ALCOHOLISM

Boatswain posted:

How likely is Kenai to upgrade a Rare into a set item (or class-specific legendary in general)?

Which is the best way to farm specific bracers and/or jewellery?

TIA :tipshat:

a) depends on the drop table for that character/item slot combination, but I'd avoid upgrading rares for anything but weapons and jewelry like the plague.

b) For bracers, just gamble. For jewelry, upgrade rares and/or reforge. Some pieces of jewelry are considerably harder to roll well than others, e.g. it's way easier to get a good Squirt's Necklace or Traveler's Pledge or Convention of Elements than a Flavor of Time, Ring of Emptiness, Halo of Karini or Krysbin's Sentence, mostly due to how many rolls you need to get right at once on the latter items.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

McLarenF1 posted:

Each class can only upgrade a yellow rare to a certain number of orange legendaries. You can see those item lists here on D3 planner. Also keep in mind you can use Kanai's Cube to convert set items to another one in that set, so if you have 2 sets of boots, you can convert one into another piece of that set that you're missing.

Insanely good link, but it only tells me probabilities of Kenai or average Dragon's Breath for upgrading — am I missing something?

KenBearlLOLOL posted:

a) depends on the drop table for that character/item slot combination, but I'd avoid upgrading rares for anything but weapons and jewelry like the plague.

b) For bracers, just gamble. For jewelry, upgrade rares and/or reforge. Some pieces of jewelry are considerably harder to roll well than others, e.g. it's way easier to get a good Squirt's Necklace or Traveler's Pledge or Convention of Elements than a Flavor of Time, Ring of Emptiness, Halo of Karini or Krysbin's Sentence, mostly due to how many rolls you need to get right at once on the latter items.

So which is the best way to earn alt-class gear? Do Bounty Caches drop any other legendaries but their act-specific ones?

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Do bounties/rifts on your main, then spend the blood shards on your alt.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Boatswain posted:

Insanely good link, but it only tells me probabilities of Kenai or average Dragon's Breath for upgrading — am I missing something?

You use DBs when you upgrade rares. If the number of them is less than others in the pool then you have a better chance getting that one to drop, upgrade, or gamble that specific one vs. the others. Whatever rare item type you upgrade gives you the same type from that pool. So if you upgrade a rare DH cloak, you'll always get a cloak from the pool linked. Let me know if it still doesn't make sense.

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Aug 29, 2020

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Suburban Dad posted:

You use DBs when you upgrade rares. If the number of them is less than others in the pool then you have a better chance getting that one to drop, upgrade, or gamble that specific one vs. the others. Whatever rare item type you upgrade gives you the same type from that pool. So if you upgrade a rare DH cloak, you'll always get a cloak from the pool linked. Let me know if it still doesn't make sense.

This makes sense, cheers!

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006

Boatswain posted:

So which is the best way to earn alt-class gear? Do Bounty Caches drop any other legendaries but their act-specific ones?

Spend shards on your alts, use off-class drops if they show up, take party members' usable leftovers, upgrade rares on the alt for weapons and in some cases jewelry (since ideal jewelry generally doesn't have a mainstat, you only need to upgrade jewelry on the alt if there's a class-specific ring or ammy you need to wear), open caches on alts for any bounty-specific stuff you need there. I built 4 alts that cleared 120+ solo last season (and a rat necro and znec for group xp farming) that way; I may have used a couple hundred sets of bounty mats reforging alt gear but that's negligible compared to the 3k+ sets I used on my WD.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

Tubgoat posted:

:)

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Cool! I should've posted a 180*180 version, but that might have laid bare what a hack job I did

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
:kimchi::glomp:

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Can I get a link for the goon discord?

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
https://discord.gg/bJwq8z2

It's pretty quiet this season since everybody burned out faster than s20.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

No worries, don't mind waiting until next season as long as there folks to play its a lot less fun alone. Thanks!

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Because Tempest Trial sucks balls.

Make S22 Every Shrine is a Goblin Shrine, cowards! And infinite inventory space, viewable as a spreadaheet! :argh:
The spreadsheet thing is really only necessary for the Switch version

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
Let's just have the PTR vendor for the season and call that good enough instead.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
A Seasonal Event of Great Savings would be kinda nice for the non poopsockers who'd love to endlessly re-roll things but can't be arsed to farm mats or bot 24/7.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

That would suck. You would be done playing for the season in a day rather than 3 days.

mekyabetsu
Dec 17, 2018

My progresson has stalled at the chapter that makes you do a conquest. I have no idea how a solo player does any of those. I skimmed over some guides at icy veins, and they all sound like they involve more planning and effort than I'm willing to put in.

edit: Actually, now that I've got the hang of this DH GoD build, I could probably finish a TX rift in under 2 minutes with a little luck.

mekyabetsu fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Aug 31, 2020

Kaustik
Jun 1, 2008

mekyabetsu posted:

My progresson has stalled at the chapter that makes you do a conquest. I have no idea how a solo player does any of those. I skimmed over some guides at icy veins, and they all sound like they involve more planning and effort than I'm willing to put in.

edit: Actually, now that I've got the hang of this DH GoD build, I could probably finish a TX rift in under 2 minutes with a little luck.

GoD can complete 3 Conquests with minimal changes in gear. If you're genuinely stuck just focus on slowly leveling your 3 gems to 70 and gear upgrades and confidence will come naturally.

Speed Demon: Equip Nemesis Bracers in cube and you'll have 2 minute TX done in a few tries. Keep in mind that the timer counts up until you turn in.

Avarice: Equip a level 50 Boon of the Hoarder and farm TXVI until you get a decently dense rift or run Act V Ruins of Corvus or Act I Fields of Misery. I didn't bother with any other goldfind legendaries because TXVI is absurd enough and GoD has good mobility.

Curses: Spam new games on TX and look for cursed chest in Act V Paths of the Drowned. If the bounty is Cursed Peat it's guaranteed to spawn. Either way you'll look for a stepped pyramid-like structure with the chest on top. If you see any other large tile event or you see the bounty is one of the following:

quote:

Lord of the Hill (This one is the stepped pyramid structure but doesn't spawn the chest.)
Pillar of the Faithless
The Burning Man
Lord of Fools
The Crazer Camper, Lurk
Quit the game and remake immediately. You'll quickly get the hang of doing a wide circle around the waypoint looking for the large event tiles.

Good luck.

mekyabetsu
Dec 17, 2018

Kaustik posted:

conquest help

This is all super helpful. Thank you!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Dear Lead Intern of D3, please incorporate my idea for Season of the Nemesis.

All shrines and pylons spawn an enemy elite pack, but also, every action in the game has a small chance to spawn an elite pack. Craft gems at the jeweler and grief your entire party.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Attacking should be able to spawn packs.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

So basically gently caress the Hardcore players.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

If you don't spend all day idling in town, then you have nothing to fear.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Any tips for minimizing pain when using a whirlwind type build (in this case god)? The issue is with keeping a single button almost constantly pressed. If it was constant, I'd use the numlock trick, but especially in normal rifts where you need to pick poo poo up, that's not feasible.

e:might try using a keyboard key instead of a mouse button

gariig
Dec 31, 2004
Beaten into submission by my fiance
Pillbug

mekyabetsu posted:

I used a GoD DH to complete my three Conquests. For Speed Demon I also used an Avarice Band to pick up the globes plus Nemesis bracers. Just remember the timer ends when you talk to Olek and close the rift. I did Avarice accidentally at some point when using boon+avarice band+goldwrap in a T16. The third I tried to do Curses but only got to like ~250 something. I ended up doing The Thrill with this build but dropping Bane of the Powerful for a ~70-80 Legacy of Dreams and it was easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

Rinkles posted:

Any tips for minimizing pain when using a whirlwind type build (in this case god)? The issue is with keeping a single button almost constantly pressed. If it was constant, I'd use the numlock trick, but especially in normal rifts where you need to pick poo poo up, that's not feasible.

e:might try using a keyboard key instead of a mouse button

I use a macro, right click once to hold down WW, right click to stop. Holding left click spams "left click" a bunch of times so it lets me Hoover up loot in rifts. Mouse button 3 spams right click for kadala gambling.

If you search for "cube converter" it's a script that will upgrade rares to legendaries 1/2 slots. Great if you've got a few thousand DBs to spend. Also lets you mass salvage at the black Smith.