Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
I got very very bored and decided to put Myo into the P5 All Out Attack.

It works pretty okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

The Wonderlab comic finally finished out the magical girl quartet.

SITB
Nov 3, 2012
New update with Yesod's new abnormality.

The new suppression is pretty goddamn tough at the last battle, I won by the skin of my teeth. Only a single librarian with Tenma's key page that had 17 HP stood at the end, but Unga Bunga deck remains supreme.

Also a new mechanic with EGO synchronization?

EDIT: Also reusable EGO pages are now a thing, even if it's currently a win harder button.

SITB fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Aug 28, 2020

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
On my day 21 choice, first pick is between -06, -106 and -64, any input on these? Another ALEPH would be nice, barring that something that can easily train prudence from low levels and more red-resistant EGO suits are priority.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Well -06 is a finicky HE that trains attachment and has some annoying rules to manage it. -64 is a WAW, a very good instinct and attachment trainer, who is a bit breach-prone, but not hard to suppress, just annoying, and useful for a future mission. -106 is another ALEPH, that due to certain.. peculiarities.. is completely worthless for training, and being a member of the Clerk's Rights Squad, will probably kill your day when it inevitably does get out.

I would go with -64. It's got very good gear and ALEPH tier weaponry, and more importantly, isn't -106.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Well -06 is a finicky HE that trains attachment and has some annoying rules to manage it. -64 is a WAW, a very good instinct and attachment trainer, who is a bit breach-prone, but not hard to suppress, just annoying, and useful for a future mission. -106 is another ALEPH, that due to certain.. peculiarities.. is completely worthless for training, and being a member of the Clerk's Rights Squad, will probably kill your day when it inevitably does get out.

I would go with -64. It's got very good gear and ALEPH tier weaponry, and more importantly, isn't -106.

Anything about -72? Second choice is between it, -08 and -61, the latter two I've already heard about between the LP and this thread's advice.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Aumanor posted:

Anything about -72? Second choice is between it, -08 and -61, the latter two I've already heard about between the LP and this thread's advice.

It’s an abnormality with a simple enough gimmick once you figure it out, and it can train... 3 stats effectively?

As far as WAW abnormalities go it’s very safe.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

New Library fight is mostly fine except for that one part that is either bugged and doesn't work properly right now, or is complete RNG bullshit.

The fact that Angela can wipe out your entire team on turn 3 of the Funeral phase if you don't have the luck of her using one certain attack on turns 1 and 2 is enough to make me say gently caress that fight. If she uses it, you can jump her as intended and it folds as easily as the suppression. If she doesn't, she just uses her super attack, staggers your entire team if you didn't feeble her, and takes out at least one of your team right then and there, while critically wounding the rest.

SITB
Nov 3, 2012

PlasticAutomaton posted:

New Library fight is mostly fine except for that one part that is either bugged and doesn't work properly right now, or is complete RNG bullshit.

The fact that Angela can wipe out your entire team on turn 3 of the Funeral phase if you don't have the luck of her using one certain attack on turns 1 and 2 is enough to make me say gently caress that fight. If she uses it, you can jump her as intended and it folds as easily as the suppression. If she doesn't, she just uses her super attack, staggers your entire team if you didn't feeble her, and takes out at least one of your team right then and there, while critically wounding the rest.

I found the Der Freischütz phase the toughest, went from 4 librarians with high HP to one at death's door, though it could be because I didn't fight it properly.

The Funeral phase super attack only staggered Yesod, who was then erased by her followup attack that only hit one person with 8 rolls? I agree that it seems that this phase is kinda bugged, though I fought it immediately after it was released before the two hot fixes were released so maybe they changed something.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Current state of the facility. The two abnormalities in Central are -61, and -64, no agents assigned there yet.

At this point it should be apparent that I tend to run my days unreasonably long. I also have entirely too many Justice trainers, no good low-to-mid Prudence trainers, and I somehow ended up with Laetitia (who is a good girl who has done nothing wrong in her life), CotG and Little Prince in the same department.

At this point I find myself with five newbies to hire and train and no real gameplan for it. I find myself somewhat less enamored with the Mirror than TeeQue becuse the random nature of its stat redistribution means that at the beginning of the day I have no idea what an agent to be sent to use it will be able to train. Any advice on efficiently getting newbies up from the thread? Other remarks o the setup?

Also, I've seen multiple warnings in the thread regarding sending workers with Crumbling Armor's gift to work repression. From what I understand, it ramps the gift up to a final -20 Fort/+20 Just, at which point it just stays there. Anyone care to explain why that is not considered a good tradeoff?

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Aug 29, 2020

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Aumanor posted:

Current state of the facility. The two abnormalities in Central are -61, and -64, no agents assigned there yet.

At this point it should be apparent that I tend to run my days unreasonably long. I also have entirely too many Justice trainers, no good low-to-mid Prudence trainers, and I somehow ended up with Laetitia (who is a good girl who has done nothing wrong in her life), CotG and Little Prince in the same department.

At this point I find myself with five newbies to hire and train and no real gameplan for it. I find myself somewhat less enamored with the Mirror than TeeQue becuse the random nature of its stat redistribution means that at the beginning of the day I have no idea what an agent to be sent to use it will be able to train. Any advice on efficiently getting newbies up from the thread? Other remarks o the setup?

Also, I've seen multiple warnings in the thread regarding sending workers with Crumbling Armor's gift to work repression. From what I understand, it ramps the gift up to a final -20 Fort/+20 Just, at which point it just stays there. Anyone care to explain why that is not considered a good tradeoff?

Having too many justice trainers and not enough other trainers is probably related to why mirror isn't clicking with you as much-if most of your training is going into justice the usual loop of 'buy points elsewhere and shove those in justice cuz it costs more' is just not as good. Anyways, you happen to have a good mid-to-high prudence trainer on hand there in Little Prince, since the easiest way to deal with it is to just work insight over and over (swapping with other abnormalities after each work) unless you like trying to remember everything. :v:

Child of the Galaxy also works as a good prudence trainer in a pinch, since it lets you train any stat at a base competency level with low risk of death-you just trade away your damage modifier for it, which matters much less when you're going hilariously deep on every day.

Setting that aside, Crumbling Armor's tradeoff isn't that the gift gives -20 HP and +20 Justice. The tradeoff is that you never get to work Attachment again, or your head falls off.

If you're cool with not being able to grow Temperance, then it's worth it if you want to nuke your HP and be superfast instead. And hey... don't you have mirror? ;)

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

TeeQueue posted:

Having too many justice trainers and not enough other trainers is probably related to why mirror isn't clicking with you as much-if most of your training is going into justice the usual loop of 'buy points elsewhere and shove those in justice cuz it costs more' is just not as good. Anyways, you happen to have a good mid-to-high prudence trainer on hand there in Little Prince, since the easiest way to deal with it is to just work insight over and over (swapping with other abnormalities after each work) unless you like trying to remember everything. :v:

Child of the Galaxy also works as a good prudence trainer in a pinch, since it lets you train any stat at a base competency level with low risk of death-you just trade away your damage modifier for it, which matters much less when you're going hilariously deep on every day.

Setting that aside, Crumbling Armor's tradeoff isn't that the gift gives -20 HP and +20 Justice. The tradeoff is that you never get to work Attachment again, or your head falls off.

If you're cool with not being able to grow Temperance, then it's worth it if you want to nuke your HP and be superfast instead. And hey... don't you have mirror? ;)

Updated the post with the image after a fer incompetence-related misshaps with hosting. The issue is that, with the upcoming missions from Tippereth, going hilariously deep is going to stop being an option very soon.

Unrelated question: are there Amber Noons in the game? Common sense would dictate so, given the four types of dawns, but between TQ's LP and my own playthrough without seeing a single one I'm beginning to suspect their implied existence is merely this game's take on the prank with three pigs numbered 1, 2 and 4.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Worst case scenario, you can probably just use LOB to build prudence, but Der Shooty works for insight training in a pinch, as does pbird and even Knight of Despair.

Also, there are no Amber Noons. Only one color we've seen so far has every time of day covered, actually! :eng101:

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat

Aumanor posted:

Updated the post with the image after a fer incompetence-related misshaps with hosting. The issue is that, with the upcoming missions from Tippereth, going hilariously deep is going to stop being an option very soon.

Unrelated question: are there Amber Noons in the game? Common sense would dictate so, given the four types of dawns, but between TQ's LP and my own playthrough without seeing a single one I'm beginning to suspect their implied existence is merely this game's take on the prank with three pigs numbered 1, 2 and 4.

You might want to relocate some of your current employees down to Central and put the newbies up in the starting departments, especially Training since their employees get a growth bonus. You don't really need to have the maximum number of employees in a department anyways, especially if you don't have sufficient gear for them- you can get away with 3-4 employees per department, and by the end game any employee with ZAYIN or TETH level armor is going to instantly die against any serious threat. Also, keep in mind completed missions persist through memory resets, if you're worried about losing grinding time you can just complete Tiphereth's first four missions then reset to the checkpoint.

Regarding Ordeals, if you want to know the complete list:
Green:All four phases
Amber:All but Noon
Crimson:All but Midnight
Violet:All but Dusk
Indigo- Noon only, apparently only appears on day 26+

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
[ASMR] Angela calls you a bitch for 10 hours

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

PlasticAutomaton posted:

-106 is what made me reset after making it to day 26. I had to end each day before Noon, and reset if Noon came on the third meltdown. I did eventually complete research and get gear on everything I had by Day 26, so no harm done.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Day 22. Third abnormality in Central is Big and Will Be Bad Wolf (choice was between it, -98 and -71). Slowly beginning to accept that my lot in life is never seeing another Prudence trainer. Also, barring a reset it's now 100% inevitable that once I expand Central again at least two of my agents will be back to swinging those dinky Penitence sticks like it's day 2 all over again unless I decide not to fill all my agent slots, but why would I do that (serious question, is there a good case for not being at capacity 100% of the time?). Back to BaWBBW, did my standard "start the day without setup, throw my best agent at the new abno a few times, find out what makes it tick, reset" routine. Seems downright pleasant, looks like it might even be persuaded to train some agents while I farm it for gear. One thing that worries me are all the references to its interactions to that other abnormality, don't remember the number, definitely Red Riding Hood. Looks way too elaborate to be dependant on random chance, I'm suspecting it's another of those paired abnos and starting to wonder if I haven't just guaranteed myself a reset.

Suppressed my first Dusk. Geared an agent up for Green (Magic bullet, Mimicry, Child's gift and token and Knight's special effect), got Red instead. Honestly, a bit of a disappointment. The first got instantly deathballed to death when it decided to roll through the room I bunched up all my agents but one, and the other spent a few minutes desperately trying to scratch the aforementioned geared up agent while she plinked away at its health bar. Didn't dare to send anyone to assist becasue, y'know, Magic Bullet.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

it depends on personal preference really, but you tend to only need 3 per department at most. (6 for central.) Just want people around to handle meltdowns and work and train with stronger things.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Any words of wisdom on -89? Choosing between it and -109 (and Schadenfreude, which I simply do not need at this point).

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Work it once or twice per meltdown at most with a 5/5/5/X agent in insight. You need Aleph level armor with as much black resist as you can thanks to that nasty instant OH gently caress HP/SP damage you take. Once you have its weapon equipped, working it is fairly safe, but until then.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Work it once or twice per meltdown at most with a 5/5/5/X agent in insight. You need Aleph level armor with as much black resist as you can thanks to that nasty instant OH gently caress HP/SP damage you take. Once you have its weapon equipped, working it is fairly safe, but until then.

Is its gear worth it at least? Between it and 109 which one would you chose?

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

109 is the absolute worst and is extremely difficult to manage at best even when you have the research you need for it.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

One notable thing about -89 is that skin prophecy makes it free-just buff your sp to 200 and go to town.

One other notable thing? It’s got a strange work preference where the lower your prudence level Is, the higher the work success goes.

Either work it with maxed out skin prudence, the smile armor, or low prudence-one of the three, until you get its weapon, which is WONDERFUL.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I got lucky with 89 and had portrait in my facility. One of my max agents designated to work them visited the portrait then I just used black bullets on the sucker that got the damage transfer. That technique takes a lot of fangs away from the abnormality and was able to get 2-3 works per meltdown without risk of escaping.

It is a pain in Malkuth suppression when the best way to work it is stuck under the roulette.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat
Personally I never had much of a problem with 109, though admittedly I already had execution bullets and it ended in probably the ideal spot (upper row in Geburah). It is definitely very volatile and I had several close calls, but I found the gear strong enough to be worth the trouble. You really need a maxed-out temperance worker, though, so it's pretty bad for stat training.

jimmydalad posted:

I got lucky with 89 and had portrait in my facility. One of my max agents designated to work them visited the portrait then I just used black bullets on the sucker that got the damage transfer. That technique takes a lot of fangs away from the abnormality and was able to get 2-3 works per meltdown without risk of escaping.

It is a pain in Malkuth suppression when the best way to work it is stuck under the roulette.

Are there any Alephs that aren't a pain in that situation?

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

kvx687 posted:

Are there any Alephs that aren't a pain in that situation?

-89 is uniquely annoying because it's one of only two ALEPHs which can lock out an entire work type by having it replace their special work command (and the other one has multiple high work types and is less dangerous overall). The others you can at least work around once you figure out what the shuffle is, but if insight gets swapped with repression you're gonna have a bad time with -89.

SITB
Nov 3, 2012
New LoR update, Geburah second abnormality battle (thankfully far easier than the first), a new invitation and a nerf to musical addiction.

Also a new Mili song.

I struggle to think how you can win this battle without using Yesod's EGO pages (either Solemn Lament or regret) to delete the boss stagger bar.

Poor Philip though, he was on the cusp of self-actualization and then Oswald shat all over him.

EDIT: They really nerfed Musical Addiction, only after using it I noticed that now it doesn't target all allies.

SITB fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Sep 4, 2020

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Misread the update RIP

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Sep 4, 2020

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008
I'm going into Day 34 after one Day 1 reset and one repository roll-back. Things seem well under control, and I just finished the Surpress WAW mission and got the Surpress ALEPH mission. One problem: I don't have any ALEPHs yet at all. I'm about to open up the third level with no ALEPHs and no ALEPH gear. Is that going to be a big problem?

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

the game will force Alephs on you after a while. It sucks to not have any already, but yeah, you might have to push it up or reset a couple of times to get those Alephs.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

PlasticAutomaton posted:

the game will force Alephs on you after a while. It sucks to not have any already, but yeah, you might have to push it up or reset a couple of times to get those Alephs.

There's actually not a day that forces all ALEPHs, so if you get tremendously (un?)lucky it's possible to never see one in the facility.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat
Well, after resetting a few days (and getting distracted by Nuclear Throne for a while) I I took on the Chesed and Gebura meltdowns, and they were... surprisingly easy, really? Chesed went down on the first try, and while I took a couple practice runs at Gebura's first phase to get a grasp on her mechanics, the first serious attempt won without even coming close to losing an agent.

Chesed was pretty simple overall, really Half of my abnormalities were white damage, including two ALEPHs and half my WAWs, so it was annoying how he ended up boosting that element on all but two of his phases, but overall it was pretty trivial. The only semi-sticky point was the Noon; he rolled black as one of his boosted elements and the Sweepers spawned, but I'd put all my agents except the one guy who had Melting Love's heart up in Control and all but one of the Sweeper squads spawned in the lower departments, so they ended up separating pretty quickly and I was able to pick them off one by one. The Duck ended up delayed until phase 7 so I didn't even have to fight it; I'd gotten the needed energy well before so I just queued up a work on every Abnormality and went from one work from starting 7 to halfway through 8 (and the day ending) in about ten seconds. The reward doesn't really seem that useful, but hey, at least the Firebird won't get hit by meltdowns any more.

Gebura was honestly even easier. I'd taken off half my workforce for the day, keeping only the characters with stats over 100 in everything and WAW+ suits with no weaknesses, but I probably didn't need to bother. Her first phase was simple enough. I ran through a couple of meltdowns before going after her in order to execute my clerks to keep the Mountain and Army in Black from breaking out once she starting Gold Rushing around, then went after in force. She didn't last particularly long; her first phase damage is honestly pretty anemic as long as your armor is up to date, and my agents were fast enough to dodge dance without getting hit outside of occasional bad luck or timing. The only irritating part was that she ended in Central after the second Gold Rush, so it's a lot harder to keep your agents properly balled up. Still, she went down eventually, and her second phase started with her in Training. I hadn't gotten that far in my practice runs, so I sent over my agent in full Adoration gear to see what she could do.

That's when things got hilarious.

I don't know if it's a glitch or just a weird quirk of her AI, but she would never initiate an attack while my agent was in the Adoration attack animation. She would constantly walk up to my agent, stop in place while letting my agent slime her, then I would retreat my agent a few steps and start again. I soloed her with a single agent, and she got off maybe a dozen swings and a single Heaven spear her entire phase. Her third phase was pretty similar. This time I sent my Pinks and Sound of a Star agents after her. Unlike the last phase she would actually attack, but she would almost never move while being attacked, and it turns out if she's on one end of a main room her Justitia attack won't reach the other end, even in the smaller ones on the upper floors. She did get in a few hits with Heaven but a black shield fully blocked them, and even without one they only did about 40% damage which wasn't nearly enough to kill my agents with how rarely they went out.

Fourth phase was mildly irritating but she never actually hit anything during it. She started off with her chase attack, I never actually figured out which agent she'd marked since I'd stuck them all in a single pile on the other end of the facility. She did nearly reach them even with slowing bullets but didn't quite make it- I did discover a possible glitch with her, though. Apparently it's possible for her to trigger the attack end in the half a second or so when the sprite disappears in the middle of a room transition, she didn't actually attack as far as I could tell but was basically despawned for the entire duration of her rest period. Then when she started up her super Gold Rush her starting portal didn't appear, which was a fun surprise. Still, I ended up dropping the Rabbit Squad on her once she finally landed, and they had exactly enough DPS to take her down to zero right as her next set of portals were forming.
This reward looks a lot more useful, though it would've been nice if I could've gotten it before resetting away my Queen of Hatred. Oh well, that's what the memory depository's for, I guess.

TeeQueue posted:

-89 is uniquely annoying because it's one of only two ALEPHs which can lock out an entire work type by having it replace their special work command (and the other one has multiple high work types and is less dangerous overall). The others you can at least work around once you figure out what the shuffle is, but if insight gets swapped with repression you're gonna have a bad time with -89.

I guess, but frankly I wouldn't voluntarily work any ALEPH in that situation- sure, you have a chance of shuffling the best work type so it's impossible to hit, but a sufficiently buff employee can usually work instinct as well as insight and still reach a High chance of success; meanwhile any work with Nothing There has a 50% chance of just deleting whoever works it and potentially releasing it as well, and Melting Love and the Mountain are only better because their max Q is above 1. Unless there's some kind of pattern with how her shuffle works that I never figured out? I pretty much got 85% of my energy on that mission entirely from Laetitia, Punishing Bird, and Porccubus.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
ok, how in the gently caress are you supposed to do the knight of despair fight?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Reiterpallasch posted:

ok, how in the gently caress are you supposed to do the knight of despair fight?

bring pierce since the swords are vulnerable to it. save big cards like transpierce for her despair phase, the swords' cards are all ranged so you just need one big roll to go through them. try to play a little conservatively so you have light and cards available to do big damage when she's broken.

if you just unlocked it you don't need to do it right away, they didn't add the fight until most people were already in chapter 5.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I assume you're talking about Library of Ruina, and that is a particularly notably obnoxious fight.

In phase 1, dodge as much pale damage as you can, and focus your attacks on downing whatever sword has the tears buff. Once it gets downed, Knight moves into phase 2. You need to avoid taking damage from the swords. Yujin/Faint Memories combo will usually work for the triple dice attack, transpierce or heavy peaks for the big one, and whatever you can for the two dice. Each sword will do 50 damage to her, and if you can get all three down she's staggered. You have 3 turns to do this. Repeat the process and the second wave of swords should kill, but actually dodging the damage in phase 2 is a bit RNG.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
I can cycle her once using oscar/pamela/mars, but not without taking fairly significant chip damage to stamina from the swords in the first phase; then everything goes to hell in the second loop when a party member gets staggered and welp, everyone's dead

e: bringing in the shi office people seemed like a terrible idea because pale damage, but is the dice strength worth it?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

probably more worth it than pamela. mars is pretty meh too, be helpful to have a 2 speed with passives that actually make a difference, like the puppets or emma, if you have them.

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Sep 5, 2020

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
i suppose i could try to high-roll with Boundary of Death, haha

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

edit: haha, yuijin landed the desperate border of death to instant-stagger the enchanted sword, oscar's guts passive absorbed most of the next turn, and then transpierce on the 2-attack sword finished her off. what an emotional roller coaster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
So I've just got to day 25 after clearing Tipheret's third mission. Leaving aside all the plot that just got dropped on my head for the moment, I've got two questions regarding core suppressions. Firstly, does attempting them lock you into something? Can you go into one, find out how the hell it works, retry the day and jump back into it once you know how to prepare? Second, do they count as normal days in terms of progression, or are they, for a lack of a better word, separate?

Also, are there any good HE level Prudence trainers? What numbers I should be on the lookout for if I really want one?

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Sep 5, 2020