Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Looks like there's a new game of the year contender.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Game opinion post time! This might've gone in Steam Anonymous instead but eh, I play as my mood strikes.

Send Help I cannot stop playing: Monster Train, Logistical. They're easy to play and tickle the brain in different ways and are fantastic for podcasts. Monster Train has me working on COV-21 with Umbra/Candles, and in Logistical I'm working on Xmas 2017 and the NY modules.

Dropped: Contagion, Insurgency. I, a smart person, thought these were single player games. Nope. Multiplayer only and I'm not sure they're the kind of co-op I'm looking for. Also: ECHO, a great game that decided to have a checkpoint save be like two minutes before a tough section and I got fed up replaying it over and over. Time for youtube!

I hate physics: Atlantis: Pearls of the Deep. Apparently I SUCK at aiming marbles. I still keep poking it but drat! Great puzzle game.

Co-Op Fun: Since Red Alert 3 doesn't work in co-op if you're using the same wifi at the same time (?????) we swapped to Dawn of War II and my god, it's straight up Diablo with some RTS elements? Where has this game BEEN all my life, I love it! Also it's like the perfect platform for 40k stuff and I am sad all over again that the franchise is dead. (Also it's great since I'm in a huge Warhammer 40k mood!) Also: EDF EDF EDF EDF!!! EDF 5 OWNS and I love it.

Monthly Challenges are tough on me: especially when I forget them this sucks as a category sorry but Pixel Puzzles Ultimate is my favorite jigsaw puzzle thing despite its flaws and I forgot to do the August puzzle until a few days ago and aghhhh rush rush rush

..plus other stuff. But basically it's games forever always.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

StrixNebulosa posted:

Game opinion post time! This might've gone in Steam Anonymous instead but eh, I play as my mood strikes.

Co-Op Fun: Since Red Alert 3 doesn't work in co-op if you're using the same wifi at the same time (?????) we swapped to Dawn of War II and my god, it's straight up Diablo with some RTS elements? Where has this game BEEN all my life, I love it! Also it's like the perfect platform for 40k stuff and I am sad all over again that the franchise is dead. (Also it's great since I'm in a huge Warhammer 40k mood!) Also: EDF EDF EDF EDF!!! EDF 5 OWNS and I love it.

..plus other stuff. But basically it's games forever always.

For me, I enjoyed Dawn of War II much much less than the first one. I loved Company of Heroes, but transitioning the slower pace and adding heroes for Dawn of War II just didn't work for me, in comparison to the complete carnage you can do in DoW 1.

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

StrixNebulosa posted:

If you're enjoying DOW 2 be sure to play through the expansion chaos rising as well. You can import your characters and levels and continue shortly after two ends. Retribution isn't bad but it's the weakest of the three and the single player/co-op campaign is more of an RTS than 2 or chaos rising.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

But as usual, the Ork campaign is the best.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Just play the Space Marine campaign for the continuity and then play the Ork campaign to end the series on a high note.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Fargin Icehole posted:

For me, I enjoyed Dawn of War II much much less than the first one. I loved Company of Heroes, but transitioning the slower pace and adding heroes for Dawn of War II just didn't work for me, in comparison to the complete carnage you can do in DoW 1.

For me it's entirely down which mode you're talking about. DoW2's campaign is top notch and I love playing it in co-op. The skirmish mode on the other hand blows and I would much rather comp stomp in Dark Crusade (or maybe Soulstorm, and/or their campaigns).

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015

quote:

Co-Op Fun: Since Red Alert 3 doesn't work in co-op if you're using the same wifi at the same time (?????)

drat! Thats what the problem was!

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
Has anyone played Wasteland 3? Especially in co-op?

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
Some stuff from the latest Humble Monthly:

Through The D?rkest of Times
F54?0-QJ?3R-XYXL9

Ben Wander: A Case of Dist?ust
ECV0L-P?GZ2-HI0XF

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

StrixNebulosa posted:

Co-Op Fun: Since Red Alert 3 doesn't work in co-op if you're using the same wifi at the same time (?????)

This might be happening if you both have the same external IP address (likely unless you have messed with your network), so the online has no clue how to connect to another 'itself'. RA3 doesn't support LAN co-op campaign by default unfortunately, but you could give this a try if you are desperate (can't necessarily vouch for it since I've never used it):
https://digiex.net/threads/play-red-alert-3-ra3-single-player-co-op-over-local-area-network-lan.638/

You should just be good to go by connecting to each other over your internal IP addresses, you can try testing this by setting up a LAN skirmish first and making sure you can see each other before messing with files.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

Blattdorf posted:

Some stuff from the latest Humble Monthly:

Through The D?rkest of Times
F54?0-QJ?3R-XYXL9

Ben Wander: A Case of Dist?ust
ECV0L-P?GZ2-HI0XF

These are gone now, someone's sniped 'em.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

John Murdoch posted:

For me it's entirely down which mode you're talking about. DoW2's campaign is top notch and I love playing it in co-op. The skirmish mode on the other hand blows and I would much rather comp stomp in Dark Crusade (or maybe Soulstorm, and/or their campaigns).

You know what? Now that i think about it, i only played Retribution's single player story. Never did the original campaign or Chaos Rising.

It was okay in Retribution, i played the Space Marine and Ork one, realizing most campaigns were going to end about the same way. Then it was just Last Stand a bunch and put it down

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Floodkiller posted:

This might be happening if you both have the same external IP address (likely unless you have messed with your network), so the online has no clue how to connect to another 'itself'. RA3 doesn't support LAN co-op campaign by default unfortunately, but you could give this a try if you are desperate (can't necessarily vouch for it since I've never used it):
https://digiex.net/threads/play-red-alert-3-ra3-single-player-co-op-over-local-area-network-lan.638/

You should just be good to go by connecting to each other over your internal IP addresses, you can try testing this by setting up a LAN skirmish first and making sure you can see each other before messing with files.

Probably don't have to go nearly that far, I'm pretty sure RA3 has support for setting client port so all you'd have to do is change that and it should work.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

K8.0 posted:

Probably don't have to go nearly that far, I'm pretty sure RA3 has support for setting client port so all you'd have to do is change that and it should work.

Yeah, you're right, I was thinking it might have been too new but it still has a port option in the settings that you can configure so you shouldn't need to jump through that many hoops.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Morter posted:

Default max-player count for killing floor 2 is 6, I think?

haldolium posted:

KF2 base is 6, but you can have more with server side mods.

Yeah it's 6 by default for KF2. I was talking about DRG being no good for my group as we need 6. In this day and age with most multiplayer being online, I don't know why 4-player is such a common limit.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Gromit posted:

Yeah it's 6 by default for KF2. I was talking about DRG being no good for my group as we need 6. In this day and age with most multiplayer being online, I don't know why 4-player is such a common limit.

Well in case two of those people have to take a break, DRG has the best 2-4 coop i've played in awhile

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Gromit posted:

yeah it would be nice if more games could scale between 2-8 or so. Don't know where 4p origins either, but as with many limitations I suspect the market domination of consoles since 4 controllers / 4p splitscreen was often the max. possible. Could be something else entirely though, I think the less players the easier network sync is.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/library/corporatereport/CorporateReport2020_E.pdf

Sony posted:

We will explore expanding our 1st party titles to the PC platform, in order to promote further growth in our profitability

sounds good as long as the ports are better than the HZD one

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Thank you Sony

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

give me bloodborne you fucks

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Welp, that means I’m just gonna upgrade my GPU like I was planning on doing anyway and skip the PS5. Sony’s exclusives were the only thing I wanted it for anyway, since all of Microsoft’s stuff comes to PC anyway.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I would laugh myself to death if they port bloodborne but the port is so bad it somehow runs worse than on the PS4

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

MMF Freeway posted:

I would laugh myself to death if they port bloodborne but the port is so bad it somehow runs worse than on the PS4

I'll still buy it

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Fargin Icehole posted:

You know what? Now that i think about it, i only played Retribution's single player story. Never did the original campaign or Chaos Rising.

It was okay in Retribution, i played the Space Marine and Ork one, realizing most campaigns were going to end about the same way. Then it was just Last Stand a bunch and put it down

The original DoW2 campaign sort of resembles a real time with pause RPG, just without the pause, more than an RTS. Leveling up and loot upgrades are pushed to the forefront. Most of the same mechanics from Retribution are there but packaged in a different way.

In a way it’s simpler, basically every map is just going from one end to the other fighting regular enemies and then you reach the boss. The boss will have a gimmick that usually boils down to “avoid the super attack to avoid taking massive damage” but occasionally will mix things up with slightly more complicated stuff. There’s always a secondary objective before the boss you can do for more loot or some special equipment.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
I'd rather they port Armored Core. Or Front Mission 5.

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

Dreams on Steam pls

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

MMF Freeway posted:

*finger on the Beast paw curls*

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Relic not expanding on Last Stand massively in DOW3 is the most mystifying thing.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

MMF Freeway posted:

Are you kidding? With the power of the PC we might see Bloodborne finally reach the soaring heights of 24, even 25fps.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

Are you kidding? With the power of the PC we might see Bloodborne finally reach the soaring heights of 24, even 25fps.

Bloodborne is pretty good at being 30 fps!

The frame pacing just sucks so the 30 feels much lower

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
So now Microsoft and Sony are both putting their 1st party titles on PC. Feels like this is going to be the final console generation. Hopefully this doesn’t signal a move towards streaming-only but that sort of feels inevitable.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Anonymous Robot posted:

So now Microsoft and Sony are both putting their 1st party titles on PC. Feels like this is going to be the final console generation. Hopefully this doesn’t signal a move towards streaming-only but that sort of feels inevitable.

Sony is just realizing the value of people double dipping (+ people who aren't interested in consoles)

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Don't get too excited, Sony might just be porting their PS4 back catalogue to PC and keeping the new stuff for the PS5

Like how they ported H:ZD to PC but there's been absolutely no indication whatsoever that the sequel will be ported

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Andrast posted:

Bloodborne is pretty good at being 30 fps!

The frame pacing just sucks so the 30 feels much lower

What's lower: Bloodborne's FPS or the number of people who have played Alpha Protocol. The eternal debate...

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

What's lower: Bloodborne's FPS or the number of people who have played Alpha Protocol. The eternal debate...

Alpha protocol, not close

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

exquisite tea posted:

I’m so bummed Alpha Protocol isn’t still on Steam, I used to love spamming it at people when the price would drop to 3 bucks.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Anonymous Robot posted:

If this is just based off Horizon Zero Dawn and there isn’t another game coming I haven’t heard about I think HZD is a pretty special case. Most importantly Death Stranding runs on the same engine as HZD so another studio already did a lot of important work on getting it to run on PC.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Kibayasu posted:

If this is just based off Horizon Zero Dawn and there isn’t another game coming I haven’t heard about I think HZD is a pretty special case. Most importantly Death Stranding runs on the same engine as HZD so another studio already did a lot of important work on getting it to run on PC.

Earlier on this page, someone posted the Sony 2020 shareholder report, where they suggested that they will continue to explore porting their titles to PC. Far from definite, but it’s something, and seems to be the sensible choice. M

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

repiv posted:

Don't get too excited, Sony might just be porting their PS4 back catalogue to PC and keeping the new stuff for the PS5

Like how they ported H:ZD to PC but there's been absolutely no indication whatsoever that the sequel will be ported

prob going to be this esp w them popping off about having a big fast ssd to do stuff like r&c which wouldnt be portable to pc for a good while yet