Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I highly recommend his Planet Zoo videos because things go just a tad dark in them (The Planet Coaster one is amazing too)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19JYOVPmwDM

All his videos since what seems to be a focus-shift from regular Let's Plays a year or two back are amazing, because the main conceit is "how can I succeed while doing literally everything wrong?" Or just good old "Can I do A Thing? Oh I can! ...How can I abuse this?..."

He is the only let's player I actually followbecause his videos are really funny most of the time. The zoo tycoon ones had me belly laughing and most videos are solid. What makes me appreciate him is the effort he shows when making a hosed up construction, some of the construction he does as a joke take hours.

His planet coaster videos are also recommended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I highly recommend his Planet Zoo videos because things go just a tad dark in them (The Planet Coaster one is amazing too)

All his videos since what seems to be a focus-shift from regular Let's Plays a year or two back are amazing, because the main conceit is "how can I succeed while doing literally everything wrong?" Or just good old "Can I do A Thing? Oh I can! ...How can I abuse this?..."

Oh my god that Sims 4 video nearly killed me.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Son of Rodney posted:

He is the only let's player I actually followbecause his videos are really funny most of the time. The zoo tycoon ones had me belly laughing and most videos are solid. What makes me appreciate him is the effort he shows when making a hosed up construction, some of the construction he does as a joke take hours.

His planet coaster videos are also recommended.

Mitten Squad, a Fallout challenge run let's player (like, "can you beat New Vegas without moving your camera"), has run times at the end of his videos, I wish Josh could do that too.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

bony tony posted:

Mitten Squad, a Fallout challenge run let's player (like, "can you beat New Vegas without moving your camera"), has run times at the end of his videos, I wish Josh could do that too.

Never noticed. Let's go check one... Playthrough length on "Can you complete Elmo's Number Journey without attacking anyone": rip and tear. Ah, yes.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

1stGear posted:

BE NOT AFRAID

I'm very afraid.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Let's Game It Out And Dunkey are the two video game channels that can stay. The rest must be cast out.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Push El Burrito posted:

Let's Game It Out And Dunkey are the two video game channels that can stay. The rest must be cast out.

Bigmooney has some very funny hitman videos.

I just looked at my subscriptions and realised i have no gaming channels anymore cause they were all insufferable and boring.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Ghost of Tsushima has very quick load times. No matter how far I fast travel or when i die, it only needs like 7 seconds to load up.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Okami HD let's you skip cutscenes, which effectively removes the blight known as your sidekick Issun.

Speaking of, Okami ranks as a title that's better than the game series it heavily derives from. Does anyone actually remember Twilight Princess fondly?

Inspector Gesicht has a new favorite as of 17:36 on Aug 28, 2020

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Push El Burrito posted:

Friend, if you like Let's Game it out, you should see RTGame and CallMeKevin.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Okami HD let's you skip cutscenes, which effectively removes the blight known as your sidekick Issun.

Speaking of, Okami ranks as a title that's better than the game series it heavily derives from. Does anyone actually remember Twilight Princess fondly?

I like Twilight Princess, but even I'll admit it's a drat slow burn to get going in earnest.

Vic posted:

Oh my god that Sims 4 video nearly killed me.

A new video just dropped and it's more Sims 4 :magical:

Neddy Seagoon has a new favorite as of 18:18 on Aug 28, 2020

A Worrying Warlock
Sep 21, 2009

Push El Burrito posted:

Civvie11 can stay, too. For god sake, the man freely submitted himself to Duke Nukem Forever and Daikatana! WITH THE SIDEKICKS!

In the spirit of this thread, I am playing through Octopath Traveler now and appreciate the party member Cyrus Albright. He's a professor of history and literature at the university of "Atlasdam" in the " Flatlands". As a Dutch academic in the field of comparative literature with a partner that shares part of his name, it's impossible not to feel some empathy for that loveable dork.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Push El Burrito posted:

Jerma stays forever

also Civvie 11

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I have been in tears watching this goddamn video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2QKDVIQ1zg

Thank you to whoever posted it.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Civvie has me installing boomer shooters I never played to try em and lemme tell you anything with design sensibilities pre-quake feels so loving off to me. Dusk owns tho

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

CJacobs posted:

Dark Souls 2 has a word censor filter that results in people who put 'Knight' in their name showing up as 'K***ht' in multiplayer. For obvious reasons. I don't know if this counts as a little thing but I laugh every time because of how unsophisticated of a system it must be to result in that.

edit: The full list of banned words is truly wonderful to behold. Goatse, tubgirl and lemonparty feature on it.

There was a Lego building game or something that had moderators with their sole jobs being to delete or ban users making dicks.

They realized their jobs were impossible around when, after realizing just a standard dong while get erased, users started making multiple structures that made penises when viewed at certain angles instead. Human creativity is infinite.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, it was eventually canceled and LEGO permanently abandoned the concept because it was impossible to guarantee a 100% dick-free experience. Legendary thread:

https://mobile.twitter.com/glassbottommeg/status/604407061380640768

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
It’s more of a company thing than a game thing, but I really appreciate how most games from Falcom have enemies give experience based on the level difference between you and the enemy. I usually get a little anxious that I’m not at the “intended” level so having monsters just give nearly no experience when you are overleveled is cool, as is being able to catch up when you’re underleveled in a very short amount of time.

I don’t think I’ve seen that mechanic super widespread, the fifth generation of Pokémon games started doing it (although it skipped a generation; it’s gone in X/Y but back in Sun/Moon onward) but nothing else I can really remember.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

That and just kinda bumping straight through super underleveled enemies without fighting them should be required by videogame law.

Cliff
Nov 12, 2008

Captain Hygiene posted:

That and just kinda bumping straight through super underleveled enemies without fighting them should be required by videogame law.

Surely every current game designer has played Earthbound, get with it!

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

haveblue posted:

Yeah, it was eventually canceled and LEGO permanently abandoned the concept because it was impossible to guarantee a 100% dick-free experience. Legendary thread:

https://mobile.twitter.com/glassbottommeg/status/604407061380640768

Someone linked an article about the Disney Toontown MMO in the replies, which has the following amazing story:

quote:

One of their guys piped up: "Couldn’t we do some kind of sentence constructor, with a limited vocabulary of safe words?"

Before we could give it any serious thought, their own project manager interrupted, "That won’t work. We tried it for KA-Worlds."

"We spent several weeks building a UI that used pop-downs to construct sentences, and only had completely harmless words – the standard parts of grammar and safe nouns like cars, animals, and objects in the world."

"We thought it was the perfect solution, until we set our first 14-year old boy down in front of it. Within minutes he’d created the following sentence:

I want to stick my long-necked Giraffe up your fluffy white bunny.

KA-Worlds abandoned that approach. Electric Communities is right, chat is out."

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
That's also the article which discusses Furniture Chat, isn't it? That is, you don't have any kind of recognizable freeform chat, but you can rearrange the furniture in your home to spell out letters, which you can use to exchange friend codes with strangers to access regular chat.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The animals dropping from the sky was one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Sobatchja Morda posted:

Civvie11 can stay, too. For god sake, the man freely submitted himself to Duke Nukem Forever and Daikatana! WITH THE SIDEKICKS!

Oh gently caress yeah Civvie’s great,as is sseth although i barely understand most of the games he covers.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
in PUBG Mobile some maps have a Thompson submachine gun and it has the normal magazine BUT if you find an extended mag it then has the drum and that is super badass. All Tommy guns should have drums only

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
MGS Peace Walker has the tommy gun which you can upgrade to have the drum magazine, Fallout New Vegas too.

Funnily enough, IRL the drum was apparently considered impractical, being more trouble than its worth because it was too fiddly and easily jammed, as well as being heavy and awkward.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Ghost Leviathan posted:

MGS Peace Walker has the tommy gun which you can upgrade to have the drum magazine, Fallout New Vegas too.

Funnily enough, IRL the drum was apparently considered impractical, being more trouble than its worth because it was too fiddly and easily jammed, as well as being heavy and awkward.

well they shoulda fixed it cuz its badass

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Even modern drum magazines are fiddly and prone to jamming since having the spring exert a constant pressure over 100 rounds is really hard. In the 1940’s there was no way they were going to have it work reliably enough to be useful.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I blame Coily, The Spring Sprite

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It also rattled a fair bit compared to the box magazines, and they were more expensive, which is why the wartime M1 and M1A1 Thompson’s removed the ability to use the drums at all. The Russian PPSh had the same issues, with the added bonus that drums weren’t always fully interchangeable between guns, so finding one that worked for a specific gun was sometimes an issue, which is why it also got a stick magazine too eventually.

fartknocker has a new favorite as of 19:13 on Aug 29, 2020

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

verbal enema posted:

I blame Coily, The Spring Sprite

*world careens down an even more wartorn hellscape timeline after humanity realizes the true value of springs and begins ever-more-capable drum-based munitions storage*

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Captain Hygiene posted:

*world careens down an even more wartorn hellscape timeline after humanity realizes the true value of springs and begins ever-more-capable drum-based munitions storage*

Appropriate AV lmao

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

*camera zooms in on 200-ft mobile tommy gun* A weapon to surpass Metal Gear...

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
hell yeah

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

*world careens down an even more wartorn hellscape timeline after humanity realizes the true value of springs and begins The Water Wars*

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Springs are useless ever since they perfected them with the moon shoes.

Alien Arcana
Feb 14, 2012

You're related to soup, Admiral.

Log082 posted:

Someone linked an article about the Disney Toontown MMO in the replies, which has the following amazing story:

Anyone who's ever played Dark Souls 2 or 3 could've told them that.

[Try] [plunging attack] [but] [hole]

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

[Great] [chest] [ahead]

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
It's "Amazing chest ahead", come on now, that's like getting Mario's name wrong.

Of course nothing quite compares to how much people delighted in the message potential of Demon's Souls' Sticky White Stuff which I do hope will make a return in the remake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Final Fantasy XIV lost a lot of auto translator fun when Heavy Thrust was removed from the game :rip: