Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pentaghastly
Mar 26, 2016

Eric the Mauve posted:

I really hate to be That Guy, and I feel bad about doing it, and I know what I'm about to say feels utterly impossible right now, but it's got to be said: you are probably going to hate the mattress place even more than you hate Starbucks. If you aren't hitting your sales target every single week management will make your life hell and then they will fire you.

It's basically impossible to get fired from retail jobs, but out-and-out Sales (and mattress sales is surpassed really only by car sales in this regard) is very high pressure and if you don't sell, you're gone.

Congrats on getting out of Hell Job but you should at least have an idea what you're walking into, and even if it doesn't work out you've at least bought yourself a month or two to keep looking for a better job. Keep looking!

Yeah, but...I don’t have to wear a hat anymore :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I mean, there are DEFINITELY upsides to Sales. Your bosses will be obsessively after you to sell, but if you DO sell then they won't give a poo poo about much of anything else. Which coming from the casual abusive-relationship treatment you get from retail management feels absolutely loving amazing.

Ask me sometime about the car salesman I worked with once who got a brand new $65,000 truck torched down to a charred frame and didn't get fired

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Penta, my advice would be to go for the sale job, grab onto it like a drowning person and cling while realizing it's issue...and don't stop your job search. Maybe slow it down a bit but don't ever fully stop searching until you find a better place to move on to. At the very least it will be a breath of fresh air for you.

Also don't let the sales people know you're planning on moving on.

Anyways, in more light hearted news: my department is becoming the loving Justice League.
We already had Bruce Wayne (figures he'd work night shift :v: )
Sharkbait is actually surviving despite his medical issues so he can be a cut-rate Aquaman.
And now we have a Clark Kent for gently caress's sake.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Eric the Mauve posted:

Ask me sometime about the car salesman I worked with once who got a brand new $65,000 truck torched down to a charred frame and didn't get fired

Tell us about the car salesman you worked with once who got a brand new $65,000 truck torched down to a charred frame please, regardless of outcome

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
I would rather shoot myself in the head several times than be a woman that had to do sales.

Good luck with it and I wish you all the best and congrats for getting out tho. Hope to escape myself, one day.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Volmarias posted:

Tell us about the car salesman you worked with once who got a brand new $65,000 truck torched down to a charred frame please, regardless of outcome

Yeah :justpost:

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Alkydere posted:

Penta, my advice would be to go for the sale job, grab onto it like a drowning person and cling while realizing it's issue...and don't stop your job search. Maybe slow it down a bit but don't ever fully stop searching until you find a better place to move on to. At the very least it will be a breath of fresh air for you.

Also don't let the sales people know you're planning on moving on.

Anyways, in more light hearted news: my department is becoming the loving Justice League.
We already had Bruce Wayne (figures he'd work night shift :v: )
Sharkbait is actually surviving despite his medical issues so he can be a cut-rate Aquaman.
And now we have a Clark Kent for gently caress's sake.

Yeah, do this. If you find you are broken in the specific ways that make you good at sales AND that make you able to handle the bullshit, then in a little while you can move on to selling cars, pharmaceuticals, or financial products.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, retail sales for sure has a lot of downsides. I’m fortunate , my company at least doesn’t put my job on the line after a month of bad sales or something, and the goals are reasonable (reasonable goals are the key difference between a good and bad sales job).

I agree, keep applying as a backup. At least it’s a good way to know whether it is or isn’t for you.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
So recently I found some old rpg files I had with a friend, like 15 years ago old. In some OOC chatter she mentioned her poo poo retail job, and how lots of dudes her dad's age kept hitting on her, nonstop. She bought several rings off ebay that acted as engagement rings, and still the rear end in a top hat kept hitting on her, and some got way too close for comfort. What pissed me off then is that she didn't talk to a manager about it; what pisses me off now is that that poo poo is so acceptable that management probably would have done gently caress all.

What pisses me off about myself is that I shouldn't have tuned it out after a while, because she never stopped having the problem, and I stopped telling her to report it to a manager or tell the customers to piss off.

Why is it so loving acceptable for a customer to leer and comment on how pretty the cashier is and does she want a date this Friday? And why, as women, are we loving told to deal with the 'compliments?'

edit: so today we had a conference call. my friend and coworker TR's last day was Monday. So on the call today, idiot manager does role call, and asks "Cowslips, are you on? Is TR on? Are you both on?"

Like...how do you not know TR is gone! He literally turned in his poo poo two days ago and everything linked to him is deactive!

Cowslips Warren fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Aug 27, 2020

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

HAHAHAHA! For once we get to play the day shift roll of "we massively hosed something up at the end of shift, let the next shift fix it." We hardly ever get to pretend to be day shift. :v:

Someone or some automated system screwed up with the department priorities in our warehouse last night and shut off nearly ever outbound department and therefore the only Pick priority was VRETS* and AFE1**. This means that literally every single item being pulled from inventory by our army of pickers is going to those two departments. No work is going to Pack Singles, none is going to any of the Problem Solve lines, none is going to AFE2 (yes there's two of them in our building), and none is going to Tranship***, none to SmartPac which the rules are "It makes so much money that all 7 machines better have a packer or a maintenance tech on them at all times". Nope, it's all going to only 1/2 of the AFE departments and the usually sleepy VRETS. Now apparently this was at least partly to plan as a big chunk of people were VTOed**** right before break because a good chunk of our work had been done, it was the last day of our week, etc

Weather it was intentional or not it got out of hand as the tote sorter spends the last 3 hours of the shift lurching in and out of use as it tries to send all of the AFE work to only one of the departments, and the rest of the work to one of the smallest departments in the building. Only the occasional trickle of work-bearing totes that had been picked 1-2 hours ago leak down the belts. Finally at about 15 minutes to go before end of shift management throws up their hands and tells everyone "Take the VTO and go home or grab a broom and start sweeping!" By this point there are conveyor belts filled to brimming from literally one side of the building to the other, something like 800 totes full of mostly VRETS work downstacked around the facility creating a massive gridlock and headache for day shift.

It feels good to be on the giving side for once instead of the receiving one. :smug: And it was fun watching a disaster unfold in real time!

*Vendor Returns: the department that clears out unwanted junk in an FC by trashing it, donating it or sending it back to the vendor.
**Amazon Fulfillment Engine. A fancy way to say "multi-item packing"
***Trans-Shipment: shipments to other Amazon buildings.
****Voluntary Time Off: "Go home, you won't get paid but it won't cost any of your personal time bank."

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Alkydere posted:

counter point: retail is deeply unsatisfying. it's emotionally draining. petting dogs owns.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

She's taking a job in mattress sales, not dog petting

Pentaghastly
Mar 26, 2016
Yeah...doggie place never called me back. I’m not surprised, a lot of the girls there had experience working at like vets offices and the like. I have no professional experience with animals. My only qualification was that I love them and don’t hurt them.

Come to think of it I only vaguely know what to do if dogs get into a fight and I think I’m remembering wrong because using a towel to block and grab them is for cats, right?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Job searching is soul-crushing. I'm so desperate to get out of retail that I applied for a work-from-home call center position. Knowing how desperate people are for jobs, the position requires me to complete an assessment that takes 100 minutes, and then I have to record a 30 minute video interview.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Had to resign from my job today, because I'm the doctor couldn't let me go back with no restrictions and my medical leave ran out. On one hand, not having to expose myself to COVID19 is a silver lining, but I've been working since I was 16 and I don't like this uncertainty.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Eric the Mauve posted:

She's taking a job in mattress sales, not dog petting

show me the lie, smarty pants

irpoweroutlet
Aug 23, 2005
It's 'Lectric!
I got out of the gas station a couple months ago, but spilling a cup of coffee just reminded me of something. The fuckers with the shakiest hands were always the ones who thought they didn’t need a lid for their drinks. Drove me crazy

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Today is my day off. Time to spoil the cats.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Today is my day off. Time to spoil the cats.

It is always time to spoil the cats.

cephalopods
Aug 11, 2013

today, four paychecks after our hazard pay stopped, we learned that our store has finally had its first case of covid-19 among employees

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
How am I supposed to say "Look at it" and not sound like a dick when people ask me things like "how do I pick corn" or "how do I know which orange is good"? Not everything is a watermelon or an avocado where sound or softness comes into effect. Is it not rotten? It should be good then. It might not be, there is always that possibility that its just a bad crop. But there is no way to know that without eating.

PS: No, the store does not let us help ourselves to one of everything when it comes in.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Leal posted:

How am I supposed to say "Look at it" and not sound like a dick when people ask me things like "how do I pick corn" or "how do I know which orange is good"? Not everything is a watermelon or an avocado where sound or softness comes into effect. Is it not rotten? It should be good then. It might not be, there is always that possibility that its just a bad crop. But there is no way to know that without eating.

PS: No, the store does not let us help ourselves to one of everything when it comes in.

I prefer mandarins that feel slightly softer in the skin because the peel better and are generally a little more ripe. With corn you need to squeeze it for firmness and feel the end to see of bugs got to it too much or if it feels like it has all its kernels. Don't pull back the peel though because that causes it to begin drying out if you aren't putting it right in the pot. Melons are better the lighter the color is and if they have scratches all over from animals smelling the sugar and trying to get in.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Today I got put into a high stress situation, a child separated from her mom. I take her to an phone so I can call for the mother over the intercom... and her mom has this incredibly hard to understand name. So I bring her to the registers in hope one of the cashiers could understand it. They couldn't so I'm not just a dummy who doesn't know words. We decide to ask for the girl's name and ask for <names> mom to show up.

Later on I ask the cashier what happened and she said the mom was in her line but didn't say poo poo until the daughter saw her and called out to her. What a world we live in.

ErKeL
Jun 18, 2013
My favourite child story is having this 5 year old have this nuclear meltdown in the self-checkout line with Mum.
I'm chilling at the front just greeting customers because I've been transferred to a new store and no one told them I used to be a night fill manager so I'm basically just loving around.

I keep looking over and thinking surely this kid will run out of steam eventually but he's full rolling around on the ground and flailing about like he's having a seizure. I swear I didn't hear him pause for breath even once in the 20 minutes he was screaming.
Mum's just sitting in a corner crying while one of the cashier's consuls her. Never seen a more broken woman.

Actually speaking of poorly understanding people. One of my first shifts at this store last year I had this man and lady come up to me and start miming what they were looking for. I'm not too bright at the best of times so I was just stunned for 2 minutes as these two people do this weird dance where it looks like they're performing a silent rendition of, "heads, shoulders, knees & toes" until I finally realise what the gently caress they were doing. Pointed them to the dressing rooms and felt proud as for my superstar customer service.

ErKeL fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Aug 31, 2020

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Training someone in SmartPac. We only have 7 machines which is why we're supposedly getting more in late September/sometime in October because they make Amazon so much $$$. So I have to train a whole bunch of people but having, again only 7 machines means we can only really afford having one person learning the ropes each week. So the first two days of every week this month have been me training a single person. Now however complex the machines are I really do not need to sit there and be a helicopter parent for them all 20 hours they have me as their trainer so I take over and clean up and supply the department when not fixing the new person's problem and explaining to them what they did.

Which lead to two funny moments tonight:
1) I see a jam on the line. This is bad: if the line stops the machines stop. Which means Jeff Bezos's local money hose stops. So I go in, wade through the envelopes to get to the bottom and find a...glove? Somehow a medium glove got lost on the line and stuck in the conveyor belt, which is odd and remains an unsolved mystery because everyone on the line wears XS, S or L gloves. Medium's the one size no one wears.

2) I've been cleaning up the area all night long. I've been doing this routine 3 out of the last 4 weeks so you think my assistant manager would know what's going on. At the end of shift he had 3 girls head down each with a tote tank cart to pick up the empty totes so they can be sent back to the other side of the building and loaded up with inventory to be sent to the outbound department. I'm all "Uh, thank you but um..." *waves hand at a single tote-tank cart* "Those are all the tote stacks here. I mean, I might be able to find enough to fill it up but end of shift is in 10 minutes and SmartPack is fast but not that fast."

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
A few days ago, one of my co-workers came in, red-faced, eyes watering. I thought she'd been crying. She said, "Is the department manager here?"

Her dad died recently, and things had been rough for her at home the past few months. Her long-term boyfriend had been beating her, and more than once, she came to work with a black eye.

I've seen the guy a few times. Talked to him. He used to ask if she was working, in the store, where she was. I gave him evasive answers before I knew what was up, just because that's weird. Now? I don't talk to him. He's tried to talk to me once or twice. I've said nothing.

Occasionally I see him walking across the parking lot on my way out, and wonder how fast I'd have to drive to roll his rear end up onto my hood.

As far as I knew, she'd kicked the guy out. She'd even taken time off to do it. I figured she was just having a bad day, or maybe someone in her family had died; and I'll admit, I didn't give her the attention she ( or any human being ) deserves when they're that rough. My life hasn't been sunshine and lollipops lately. I haven't been sleeping or eating well. I was extremely busy and kind of hazed out. So I asked her what was up, but I didn't press. Went back to work.

Came back in the next day to find out her boyfriend had strangled her before she came into work.

I found this out because she told the store manager, the department manager. They're all aware of what's happening, been happening for a while. The department manager wasn't there that day, and I don't know what went on. But I know she worked the rest of her shift that day, and I know there were some things she was supposed to do that she didn't do, and I know she was offered and accepted a leave of absence to deal with this.

And how's she going to deal with it? She ain't got a car. She lives in section 8 with him. She ain't keeping his rear end around for fun.

There was some expressed impatience with her, her performance, the state of her cooler, and I'm just thinking the whole time, "You're going to fire someone who's getting her head bounced off the wall."

It was asked of me that if she left because "she was unhappy" if I might take over her position.

:crackping:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Couple hours ago we threw out about 2 carts full of alcohol products into the trash compactor and smashed 'em. The compactor is outside and fully exposed to the california summer sun. Before I left I opened it up to toss something out and god drat I can still feel that poo poo. I predict the compactor being a popular homeless hangout tonight.

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

It was asked of me that if she left because "she was unhappy" if I might take over her position.

Priorities!

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

ErKeL posted:

My favourite child story is having this 5 year old have this nuclear meltdown in the self-checkout line with Mum.
I'm chilling at the front just greeting customers because I've been transferred to a new store and no one told them I used to be a night fill manager so I'm basically just loving around.

I keep looking over and thinking surely this kid will run out of steam eventually but he's full rolling around on the ground and flailing about like he's having a seizure. I swear I didn't hear him pause for breath even once in the 20 minutes he was screaming.
Mum's just sitting in a corner crying while one of the cashier's consuls her. Never seen a more broken woman.

Actually speaking of poorly understanding people. One of my first shifts at this store last year I had this man and lady come up to me and start miming what they were looking for. I'm not too bright at the best of times so I was just stunned for 2 minutes as these two people do this weird dance where it looks like they're performing a silent rendition of, "heads, shoulders, knees & toes" until I finally realise what the gently caress they were doing. Pointed them to the dressing rooms and felt proud as for my superstar customer service.

If this ever happens again, get a pen and paper.

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

A few days ago, one of my co-workers came in, red-faced, eyes watering. I thought she'd been crying. She said, "Is the department manager here?"

Her dad died recently, and things had been rough for her at home the past few months. Her long-term boyfriend had been beating her, and more than once, she came to work with a black eye.

I've seen the guy a few times. Talked to him. He used to ask if she was working, in the store, where she was. I gave him evasive answers before I knew what was up, just because that's weird. Now? I don't talk to him. He's tried to talk to me once or twice. I've said nothing.

Occasionally I see him walking across the parking lot on my way out, and wonder how fast I'd have to drive to roll his rear end up onto my hood.

As far as I knew, she'd kicked the guy out. She'd even taken time off to do it. I figured she was just having a bad day, or maybe someone in her family had died; and I'll admit, I didn't give her the attention she ( or any human being ) deserves when they're that rough. My life hasn't been sunshine and lollipops lately. I haven't been sleeping or eating well. I was extremely busy and kind of hazed out. So I asked her what was up, but I didn't press. Went back to work.

Came back in the next day to find out her boyfriend had strangled her before she came into work.

I found this out because she told the store manager, the department manager. They're all aware of what's happening, been happening for a while. The department manager wasn't there that day, and I don't know what went on. But I know she worked the rest of her shift that day, and I know there were some things she was supposed to do that she didn't do, and I know she was offered and accepted a leave of absence to deal with this.

And how's she going to deal with it? She ain't got a car. She lives in section 8 with him. She ain't keeping his rear end around for fun.

There was some expressed impatience with her, her performance, the state of her cooler, and I'm just thinking the whole time, "You're going to fire someone who's getting her head bounced off the wall."

:crackping:

Holy poo poo. And I'm sure we all know the statistics around strangling by domestic partners. If your foot slips onto the accelerator while he's walking in front of you, better make sure you back up slowly to see what you hit.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

So poo poo broken at my FC (that I know of):
-Janitorial's primary freight elevator
-Janitorial's secondary freight elevator
-At least three time clocks that don't actually generate time punches
-The very IT terminal our department uses to generate trouble tickets on stations
-A massive segment of conveyor belt that had maintenance guys all over it the entirety of the shift until something worse died and never got fixed
-The Flat Sorter thought of Magnets and died nearly caught fire.

Also had a bunch of AFE (multi item) packers labor shared to Singles that I had to give a quick training. At least they were already packers but I had some lovely moments.

"How do I upsize this box? All four items won't fit in this tiny box."
"...We're in Singles, we only count to one."

Also someone SIOCed (Shipped In Own Container) a children's swingset (steel chains included) that came in a thin plastic bag. Barely caught that thing before it was lost or we'd have had chains slapping around inside the machinery. :v:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Guess who gets the joy of being a clopener again? loving cool, this is great. 20202 is the best god drat year all loving years. I love, I love not having a real loving day off cause its either A: Sleep early to wake up early for work or B: Sleep as soon as I get home so its easier for me to sleep earlier the next day to sleep early enough for work. And then after opening I'll need to force myself to stay up an additional 7 hours to make up for the time difference between shifts.

At this point I'm pretty much praying someone buys this house, kicks me out and we can't find any houses in town so I have to quit my job and live back with my mom. Maybe I can then actually make some progress in attempting literally anything else

E: I sent him a text asking if he would work with me and have me scheduled at 6 am, case at least then I wont have to worry about sleeping before my nephew does with his loud, stomping rear end

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I loving hate doing interviews and not knowing how I did, or if there is even a real position open or the place is just doing mock interviews because they already have a candidate in mind, but have to show they did interview people.

Also, the gently caress is with all these online assessments/interviews that literally have one slot open, and it's always at some time most people are at work?

Edit: I received an email about a county Court clerk position, and they request you do a zoom style online assessment with a 30 minute window block. There was maybe one spot open because they don't email you when the openings happen, you're just supposed to sit there and keep an eye on the web page. So I emailed and probably burned the bridge when I asked the email sender about the position, how would i take the assessment when everything is booked, her response was only to keep checking and see if any openings happened. the following day the same thing happened, emailed her the same message again. I received the same response, and at this point is where I probably acted badly and replied that I'm at work during all of the appointments, I can't get the last working day before labor day off literally two days before the day of, do they not offer any other kind of assessments for this spot? Her rely was a curt "we are a business with standard operating business hours."

Ah well gently caress it.

Cowslips Warren fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Sep 3, 2020

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet
so I've been feeling my usual allergic reaction to the barometer changing too quickly and working 50-hour weeks dealing with idiot boomers who won't wear masks, the usual gross cough and runny nose and sneezing

today I spiked a 100.1 fever and everything hurts and now I have to go get tested, which my GM thinks is hilarious because it mostly fucks over the AGM that she's trying to get rid of; I literally never call out, I'm alone at my concept for nine hours a day, and I do half her paperwork for her, so she almost always has my back even though I probably take too many smoke breaks

I probably don't have the rona but I did absolutely burn myself out and haven't gotten more than four hours of sleep a night for 2-3 weeks now so I should probably rest while I can

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Janitor comes over and asks "Hey why isn't one of your SmartPac machines running? I thought they had to be going at all times."
Me: "It broke, and there's no replacement part on-site. Nearest one's from Dallas and they're sending it over now so it's gonna be out the rest of the night."
Him: "Wow, I guess there's some nice advantages for working in one of the largest logistics networks in the world."
Me: "What beautiful idyllic world do you live in and how do I visit? Amazon does this poo poo the same way any other company does: it's in the passenger seat of the vehicle of whatever unlucky bastard was told his shift is gonna be spent hauling his down IH-35 a good third of the way across Texas and back."

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Want to know how the United States Postal Service sends area offices things like priority mail boxes and envelopes and parts for fixing mail trucks and other things?

In the mail.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
It used to be that I'd look at history books and I'd see accounts of kings and queens ruling poorly, completely out of touch with the populace, and I'd wonder, how could they be so clueless? Couldn't they be just a little less despotic, a little less neurotic, smoke less narcotics?

And then I see what even the barest whiff of power has done to my store manager, and I realize- no. No they can't.

Recently, we had an inventory. Inventories are fundamentally torturous and bad and I honestly question the point of them from a business standpoint. They don't seem to make much sense when the numbers soon revert back to 'I don't know' and 'go gently caress yourself'. But since ours is not to question why, we did it.

It sucked.

We're lucky in that we don't have to do the inventory for grocery and frozen and so on ourselves. We have a U-haul full of beige-vested felons show up and do it for us. The problem is, preparing for inventory means arranging the shelves just so, and separating, organizing the stock so it can be counted. Perishable has a very finite amount of space, which is defined by the size of your freezer. Grocery? gently caress it. Drop pallets and start laying it out in the hallway. Frozen? The ice's the limit.

It was the worst I've ever seen it. People kept telling me, "Last time they said it was the best they ever seen it, do it like you did the last time!"

Last time I heard inventory was coming a few weeks in advance. I organized every box weeks in advance. I didn't order extra poo poo. I worked every day so that the final night would be easier.

We had one day this time around, and I haven't been working frozen for months.

So we finished it up and then hours were cut the next week after to make up for all the hours we spent doing inventory, even though it was also going into the first of the month. Oh alright that's cool.

Then the store manager, in her glowing brained genius, ordered every single hole for every department. At the same time. And if the inventory said we had it but it wasn't on the shelf? She changed the number to 0. Why are we changing numbers right after grocery? gently caress you, don't ask questions.

So grocery got a sixteen pallet truck, for a day on which they were scheduled two stockers.

Frozen got five pallets, just shy of four-hundred cases.

Dairy got a three hundred piece truck, which is virtually unheard of.

And the store manager got a vacation. :buddy:

Star Man posted:

Want to know how the United States Postal Service sends area offices things like priority mail boxes and envelopes and parts for fixing mail trucks and other things?

In the mail.

COMMUNISM.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Star Man posted:

In the mail.

Is the meta joke that I don't get it and neither apparently does your office?

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Manager at 1230pm: "I have to inform you that one of your coworkers tested positive for covid. We do not believe that you were in contact with the person."

Manager at 430pm: "I have to inform you that another one of your coworkers tested positive for covid. We do not believe that you were in contact with the person."

So we're at four cases in the last five weeks. Awesome.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

There really should be an assload of legal liability for lying to your employees that brazenly.

ErKeL
Jun 18, 2013

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

And the store manager got a vacation. :buddy:

This poo poo makes my blood boil. I had a relief store manager for a week that zero'd out all our holes and ordered a gently caress-off HUGE amount of stock that rocked up after he was long gone.
Normally we'd get like 10 pallets a day and then this 52 pallet fuckin' megaload of absolute trash that doesn't fit shows up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Eric the Mauve posted:

There really should be an assload of legal liability for lying to your employees that brazenly.

Republicans (specifically McConnell) are hard at work making sure it’s legal to not be liable about anything Covid related. loving terrible.