Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
Turns out being a princess isn't all that fun.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/worlds-loneliest-princess-bullied-banned-21781106.amp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
please god make this the plotline where NEET becomes emperor

Sister Make
Feb 5, 2020

neet NEET NEET NEET

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

Can't wait to see what book he looks at.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Maybe he'll stop for a snack along the way!

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Oh I read the inside of the dust cover. I have to buy this book now or theyll make me pay for the knowledge I stole

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

PokeJoe posted:

Oh I read the inside of the dust cover. I have to buy this book now or theyll make me pay for the knowledge I stole

I think he was more guilty for wrinkling it than anything.

End of Shoelace
Apr 5, 2016

PokeJoe posted:

There's a phenomenon in Japan where a lot of people feel too guilty to leave a store without buying anything.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Facebook Aunt posted:

Maybe he'll stop for a snack along the way!

:allears:

Spek
Jun 15, 2012

Bagel!

End of Shoelace posted:

There's a phenomenon in Japan where a lot of people feel too guilty to leave a store without buying anything.

Is... is that not everyone? I certainly feel that way. Or afraid they'll think I'm stealing things at least.

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

They will think he’s stealing the magazine he bought at the first store, so he’s going to have to pay for it again.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

God drat monarchies are so loving stupid.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Does the Japanese Emperor even have any say these days?

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

Spek posted:

Is... is that not everyone? I certainly feel that way. Or afraid they'll think I'm stealing things at least.

Uh, no? What kind of hellish capitalist brainwashing would make someone think that minimum wage convenience store workers give a poo poo if they buy anything.

End of Shoelace posted:

Well, other than that one.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Spek posted:

I do. Especially because I usually spend a lot of time taking pictures of the weird snacks.

Lodin posted:

Does the Japanese Emperor even have any say these days?

They don't have much political power, but they have considerable wealth. According to that article I linked, they are shocked the Queen of the UK pours her own tea.

But apparently they are all relinquishing their titles, and there aren't any other royalty left, so I guess it'll be gone soon.

I once saw the Emperor of Japan from a distance back when he was still the Prince, which was cool.

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Aug 29, 2020

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

I'm not sure what the "LL Series" is supposed to be referencing, sorry.

Brother Make fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Sep 1, 2020

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Shadow0 posted:

But apparently they are all relinquishing their titles, and there aren't any other royalty left, so I guess it'll be gone soon.

Where are you getting this?

The emperor has a younger brother who also has a son, so unless they change the laws of succession it’ll just pass to him when Naruhito dies.

EDIT: lmao, apparently the change was even on the table but then dropped immediately when the younger brother had a male heir

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Comrade Koba posted:

Where are you getting this?

Sorry, I meant the royal women. They are only allowed to marry noblemen, but there aren't any left. Aside from Touru.

Comrade Koba posted:

The emperor has a younger brother who also has a son, so unless they change the laws of succession it’ll just pass to him when Naruhito dies.

EDIT: lmao, apparently the change was even on the table but then dropped immediately when the younger brother had a male heir

quote:

Relaxing the rules is popular in Japan, with 84 per cent of people supporting allowing women to become emporers, not least because it would keep the monarchy relevant in an ever-changing world.

But Japan’s prime minister Shinzo Abe is reportedly against allowing women to rule, believing that because the throne has consistently been passed down through the male line, it should continue the same way.

I also think it's funny that the Emperor's only real job is to produce a male heir, but somehow he failed to even try.

Also, I want to know who was ballsy enough to bully the daughter of the Emperor of Japan. Literally no one is safe from bullying in Japan.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Shadow0 posted:

Also, I want to know who was ballsy enough to bully the daughter of the Emperor of Japan. Literally no one is safe from bullying in Japan.

High or low, if you stick out you get bullied

Sister Make
Feb 5, 2020

neet NEET NEET NEET

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Cooking his own food? Dear God, the possibilities.:stare:

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

Crime NEET is going to shoplift.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

He only actually says "is", so I had to infer a bit.

LookieLoo
Feb 10, 2011

Sometimes I dread opening this thread and seeing how torou hosed up today

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Two wholesome boys to brighten your day

So what's the deal with the princess line? Are the any clues in the Japanese that would make it clear if it's her real name, a nick name or like an online handle? Is she calling herself Hime-chan or something to show she's weirdly conceited or is princess an actual family name in Japan?

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben
She’s probably just a fantasist. It’s a thing. It was in the book (not the film) of Battle Royale too.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

CheeseThief posted:

So what's the deal with the princess line? Are the any clues in the Japanese that would make it clear if it's her real name, a nick name or like an online handle? Is she calling herself Hime-chan or something to show she's weirdly conceited or is princess an actual family name in Japan?

Guessing she introduced herself as Nohara-hime. Hime-sama would refer to a princess but you wouldn't call yourself that.

Cobra Lionfist
Jun 4, 2013
So it seems like Tohru is just being a tremendous dickhead with his answer and making fun of that girl.

Am I wrong? Honestly can't tell

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Cobra Lionfist posted:

So it seems like Tohru is just being a tremendous dickhead with his answer and making fun of that girl.

The only part he said out loud that we know of is "Is my favorite".

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

RBA Starblade posted:

The only part he said out loud that we know of is "Is my favorite".

This assumes that young NEET doesn't also have Austin Powers syndrome where he has no inner monologue and accidentally says everything out loud.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Thanks to Brother and Sister Make for continuing to translate NEET!

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Warbird posted:

Women want me, fish fear me

The name of Troy McClure's autobiography

Sister Make
Feb 5, 2020

neet NEET NEET NEET

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Oldhru arc hurts my greasy soul a little. Poor dude lol.

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

A strict healthy diet combined with a full body strength training schedule would tangibly improve NEET’s quality of life, so he won’t do it.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Kanzai-Guy is gonna casually stroll by and nick the bag. NEET'll notice but won't have the balls to say anything. Eventually he mans up and runs out of the store after him, obviously still holding the cookbook.
Back to gay baby jail!

Sprue
Feb 21, 2006

please send nudes :shittydog:
:petdog:

Lodin posted:

Kanzai-Guy is gonna casually stroll by and nick the bag. NEET'll notice but won't have the balls to say anything. Eventually he mans up and runs out of the store after him, obviously still holding the cookbook.
Back to gay baby jail!

Pfft. As if anything would actually "happen" in this comic

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

One thing happened that was a pretty big deal

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

Brother Make posted:

I'm not sure what the "LL Series" is supposed to be referencing, sorry.

Leisuresuit Larry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Cobra Lionfist posted:

The only part of the panels that wasn't inner monologue was when he says "is", thus concluding his self-introduction, which was otherwise omitted.

subpar anachronism posted:

Guessing she introduced herself as Nohara-hime. Hime-sama would refer to a princess but you wouldn't call yourself that.

On closer inspection, her first name may indeed be Hime.

https://jisho.org/search/%E5%A7%AB%20%23names

I might update the panel later if it becomes more clear, but I think I just convinced myself that it's her actual name now that I know it can be a name.