Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I was looking into getting this camera after finding out Edgar Wright (one of my favorite directors) had used one as his personal cameras. I had this plan that if I sold off a bunch of my stuff I don’t use anymore then maybe if I made enough I could afford one. Then an eBay seller accepted my lowball offer and I couldn’t resist :homebrew:

Just need one of those swank rear end leather cases and those lens caps the lens can poke through! Oh, and to peel off whatever weird skin the previous owner applied.

Coffee And Pie has a new favorite as of 13:13 on Aug 26, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Ordered a new face mask courtesy of Rob Sheridan's (former Nine Inch Nails art director) Glitch Goods store:

https://twitter.com/rob_sheridan/status/1298325540898660352

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Rageaholic posted:

Ordered a new face mask courtesy of Rob Sheridan's (former Nine Inch Nails art director) Glitch Goods store:

https://twitter.com/rob_sheridan/status/1298325540898660352

But I have downloaded a face mask :confused:

edit: Now I want one that says "You wouldn't profit off a pandemic"

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
No I would never download a black shirt.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Some new shoes, very similar to the shoes I've worn most non-winter days for the past 2 years, but without a crack forming in the sole.

Some bottles for hot sauces, since I liked the first sauce I made.

RC battery pack that I will split into its component 3.7V parts for use with UPS hat on my OctoPrint server.

Not yet, but soooooon: NVIDIA Ampere video card, I crave it so.

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

I bought a La Z Boy recliner today, continuing my slow descent into being a middle aged dad. However it is also step 1 of 3 in realizing my long sought after personal video game den. Steps 2 and 3 are a PS5 and a new TV.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Subjunctive posted:

Some bottles for hot sauces, since I liked the first sauce I made.

Deets.

Last hot sauce I made was jalapeño and yellow fresno (about equal parts), fermented for 2 months, then milled it out, added yuzu vinegar.

Others that I've made, all fermented about a month: jalapeños, pasilla, a couple habanero, and garlic then added white vinegar; arbol, guajillo, and habanero, also just white vinegar; habanero and red fresno, white vinegar. And I recently made pepper jam with jalapeño and aji lemon. Gonna make a huge batch soon of something habanero, not sure what else for some bulk but I can usually find some stuff at the farmer's market that has a similar flavor, and give that out for Christmas.

jink
May 8, 2002

Drop it like it's Hot.
Taco Defender

Subjunctive posted:

RC battery pack that I will split into its component 3.7V parts for use with UPS hat on my OctoPrint server.

Not yet, but soooooon: NVIDIA Ampere video card, I crave it so.

Deets

:D

Vei
Jan 30, 2007
L'orpheline perfume/cologne by Serge Lutens

Incense + Musk

it smells like a BLACK ASHEN WORLD, but in a clean badass way

i had a 1ml sample for a few years, tried it again recently and was really struck by it this time (my SENSE OF SMELL has improved as my health has improved !).... freaking woot

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Aside from getting shot in the head, David, what have you done with yourself?
Picked up a Retroid 2 as well (16 Bit color) I've always been curious about the portable emulators and this is the perfect mix of function design and color. I had a third party Super Pad for SNES with Super Famicom button colors so I have always loved those colors.

I also backed the Durgod keyboard on Indiegogo

They have a "Secret" perk that is $100 off so including shipping it was $124. I love the vintage look and need a new keyboard

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/...Q0nLOAr0WLOmE#/

The "Secret" perk should be the first at the top. I went to the page normally and didn't see it so maybe specific to this link. Just popped up on my facebook.

Fors Yard has a new favorite as of 21:26 on Aug 28, 2020

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Aside from getting shot in the head, David, what have you done with yourself?
Just FYI to all the people considering Retroids they just added a handful of new color choices

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Vei posted:

L'orpheline perfume/cologne by Serge Lutens

Incense + Musk

it smells like a BLACK ASHEN WORLD, but in a clean badass way

i had a 1ml sample for a few years, tried it again recently and was really struck by it this time (my SENSE OF SMELL has improved as my health has improved !).... freaking woot

That sounds amazing, I'll have to see if I can find a sample somewhere.

I bought this for myself after comparing the notes against my existing colognes and finding no overlap. It's very citrus-y with some spice and it fits the bill as an all-around wear.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Fors Yard posted:

Just FYI to all the people considering Retroids they just added a handful of new color choices

Though ordering now means you will probably have to wait until Oct at the earliest to get it.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Fors Yard posted:

Wake me when there's a true Atomic Purple

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Humerus posted:

Wake me when there's a true Atomic Purple

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Ughhh those things look so cool but I already have a modded 3DS and an Android phone with a controller clip. It would literally be a worse experience but having them lined up with all the colors like that makes me really want to spend!!

If they had two day or expedited shipping I would have already pulled the trigger so thank god for slow epacket deliveries from across the world I guess

I like the soft blue and the purple ones in case you were wondering

KingSlime has a new favorite as of 19:32 on Sep 1, 2020

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Coffee And Pie posted:

I got in my EZ Flash Omega and wow what a painless experience. Made it so easy to emulate GBA games on the original hardware.

That’s not emulation, it’s just piracy! :argh:

Kids these days...

I’m kinda jealous too, I miss my old Bung flashcarts...

Sneeing Emu
Dec 5, 2003
Brother, my eyes
Baby's first new road bike! Giant Contend AR3, found it on sale unexpectedly. It's smooth as hell.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Why are none of the Retroids trans plastic? Easy money.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Sneeing Emu posted:

Baby's first new road bike! Giant Contend AR3, found it on sale unexpectedly. It's smooth as hell.

That looks almost identical to the 2015 Advanced-1 I bought new. I love that thing and have put ~23,000 miles on it since then.
The Brooks saddle I put on it had a few thousand on it already, so it's nearing 30k!

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Dewgy posted:

That’s not emulation, it’s just piracy! :argh:

Kids these days...

I’m kinda jealous too, I miss my old Bung flashcarts...

Is it piracy if they’re no longer in production or for sale anywhere? Seems to me that would fall under emulation.

I mean, I’d greatly prefer to just pay a few bucks and buy a digital copy on the switch, but Nintendo has been dragging its feet on that and all the SNES games I purchased digitally on the Wii don’t appear to ever be coming over, soooo

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

OniPanda posted:

Deets.

Last hot sauce I made was jalapeño and yellow fresno (about equal parts), fermented for 2 months, then milled it out, added yuzu vinegar.

Others that I've made, all fermented about a month: jalapeños, pasilla, a couple habanero, and garlic then added white vinegar; arbol, guajillo, and habanero, also just white vinegar; habanero and red fresno, white vinegar. And I recently made pepper jam with jalapeño and aji lemon. Gonna make a huge batch soon of something habanero, not sure what else for some bulk but I can usually find some stuff at the farmer's market that has a similar flavor, and give that out for Christmas.

You are way fancier than me so far. I did a straight scotch bonnet one that I loved (only 2 weeks even) and right now have two fermenting: supermarket red chilis/ginger/garlic and chilis/shallot/lemon peel. Our garden is about to start producing mad hatters and Hungarian wax, which I’m also looking forward to.

I needed a 2.5Ah+ battery for my UPS hat so that my OctoPrint server can shut down gracefully when I turn off the power to the printer (which it chains off of). Turns out that the cheapest and easiest way to do that in Canada was to get 3 such batteries wrapped up together as a larger one for RC use and split them up. I will probably not die.

jink
May 8, 2002

Drop it like it's Hot.
Taco Defender

Subjunctive posted:

I needed a 2.5Ah+ battery for my UPS hat so that my OctoPrint server can shut down gracefully when I turn off the power to the printer (which it chains off of). Turns out that the cheapest and easiest way to do that in Canada was to get 3 such batteries wrapped up together as a larger one for RC use and split them up. I will probably not die.

Freaking love it. That's a great idea.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

OSU_Matthew posted:

Is it piracy if they’re no longer in production or for sale anywhere? Seems to me that would fall under emulation.

I mean, I’d greatly prefer to just pay a few bucks and buy a digital copy on the switch, but Nintendo has been dragging its feet on that and all the SNES games I purchased digitally on the Wii don’t appear to ever be coming over, soooo

Piracy and emulation aren’t mutually exclusive terms. But sticking a Gameboy cartridge into a Gameboy to play Gameboy games isn’t emulation.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

A Ramset Triggershot powder nailer. Been doing my basement and got about half done before giving in and getting one. It turns out a nail goes into concrete a lot easier with a 22 caliber round.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Tim Whatley posted:

A Ramset Triggershot powder nailer. Been doing my basement and got about half done before giving in and getting one. It turns out a nail goes into concrete a lot easier with a 22 caliber round.

These things are a blast and worth every penny.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Subjunctive posted:

You are way fancier than me so far. I did a straight scotch bonnet one that I loved (only 2 weeks even) and right now have two fermenting: supermarket red chilis/ginger/garlic and chilis/shallot/lemon peel. Our garden is about to start producing mad hatters and Hungarian wax, which I’m also looking forward to.

My garden has finally produced enough jalapeños that I can use home grown for hot sauce, and my habanero is on its way as well, but most of mine is also store/market bought. So not really fancy, just usin what I can get my hands on. As I've posted about before, the farmer's market here is really good so I can get a lot :v:. I like that idea about shallots though, I'll have to give that a go. I made some straight fermented garlic and it's bomb.

Related to all this,

Bought a mini fridge, Hisense 4.4 ft^3 all refrigerator. And the first thing I did after taking it out of the box is disconnect the thermostat and figure out the compressor wiring so I replace it with a raspberry pi. Been wanting to make a fermentation fridge so now here we are. Also bought some solid state relays, a heating pad, and some temp sensors. Hopefully I can get the parts before the weekend so I can wire everything up over the long weekend and get some new hot sauces started.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
I clicked on a youtube link, which caused me to click on another link, and before I knew it I was on ebay adding to my vinyl collection

https://youtu.be/a3w6j-jOOXU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

OSU_Matthew posted:

I clicked on a youtube link, which caused me to click on another link, and before I knew it I was on ebay adding to my vinyl collection

https://youtu.be/a3w6j-jOOXU

One of my friends has that album.

It still slaps.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
https://imgur.com/a/twajXHf

WEEKEND IS HERE, BABY!

E: aww gently caress I have zero clue how to get the link to the image on the loving mobile app.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Aramek posted:

WEEKEND IS HERE, BABY!

E: aww gently caress I have zero clue how to get the link to the image on the loving mobile app.

drat, I haven't seen the 30 racks of the 6.5% PBR round here, only 6 packs of the tallboy cans.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Aramek posted:

WEEKEND IS HERE, BABY!

I'll send you another $20 to go buy better beer. Only caveat would be to post the better beer in the thread.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
The Leica didn’t work out so I sold it to my sister and bought this

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Call me when PBR brings back the 99 pack.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Beer snobbery rears it’s ugly head in PYF again. Speaking of, just bought some from a local brewery myself :)

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Coffee And Pie posted:

The Leica didn’t work out so I sold it to my sister and bought this

What was wrong with the Leica?

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

1redflag posted:

Beer snobbery rears it’s ugly head in PYF again. Speaking of, just bought some from a local brewery myself :)

I just recently bought a case of Hamms and a 4 Pack of this stuff:

Hamms still slapps tho

E:

Also just bought a new mower! Lowes has their 80v brushless Kobalt line on end of season clearance, so I scored a push mower for $250

This is way more comfortable than the Honda 215 self propelled I fixed up, and runs much quieter and mulches better than the 10$ garage sale craftsman I’ve been limping along for six years. Can’t believe I didn’t switch to an electric mower sooner!

Catatron Prime has a new favorite as of 14:16 on Sep 5, 2020

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I like fancy beers* as well it's just, you know, 3-day weekend for me, so I don't need or deserve fancy beers.

*I hate India pale ales and everyone who likes them. Hops are gross, malts are good. Gimmie the blackest beers you got.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

1redflag posted:

No beer snobbery intended on my part. I just wanted to give a stranger on the internet money to go get drunk on a Friday since I was stuck at home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

OSU_Matthew posted:

I just recently bought a case of Hamms and a 4 Pack of this stuff:

Hamms still slapps tho

E:

Also just bought a new mower! Lowes has their 80v brushless Kobalt line on end of season clearance, so I scored a push mower for $250

This is way more comfortable than the Honda 215 self propelled I fixed up, and runs much quieter and mulches better than the 10$ garage sale craftsman I’ve been limping along for six years. Can’t believe I didn’t switch to an electric mower sooner!

I have a slightly older model of this and it's excellent. So nice to not have to manage gas/oil/etc. Just plug in and go. Mine came with two batteries that last ~30 minutes each, which is perfect for my yard. I also picked up the trimmer which adds a 3rd battery into the mix.

Your price is far better than what I paid but I'm still happy.