Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

Fargin Icehole posted:

Oh yeah, Clash of Heroes. Played it on the 360. it actually was a pretty good game.

There will never be anything like Heroes of Might & Magic 3, and i can accept that.

Playing this based on the thread's mention, and can confirm it's pretty solid so far. Didn't realize it was made by Capy, who recently came out with the really good iOS game Grindstone!

Any other PC match 3 ish games would be appreciated!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Could I get some recommendations for some incredible, not too difficult games with beautiful soundtracks that have at least some songs with vocals and can be ran on crappy integrated graphics card.
Bastion and Transistor are two that are in my mind rn.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Sininu posted:

Could I get some recommendations for some incredible, not too difficult games with beautiful soundtracks that have at least some songs with vocals and can be ran on crappy integrated graphics card.

Gris.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Serephina posted:

You've not finished RA3 until you get the xpack and all the veteran missions in it. It's seriously the highlight of the game imo. (the campaign Yumiko stuff can be skipped)
That's all single player, though.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Sininu posted:

Pyre if you've got at least 1GB VRAM
Wandersong if "la la la" counts as vocals
Rakuen if you don't mind RPGMaker stuff
Hypnospace Outlaw

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Aug 30, 2020

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
steam is experiencing high broadcast load what

it's sunday morning

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

exquisite tea posted:

What's lower: Bloodborne's FPS or the number of people who have played Alpha Protocol. The eternal debate...
*Kills Father Gascoigne, Orphans Created counter ticks up by 1*

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Sininu posted:

If you have a stable connection / 5G internet connection, you could use GeForce Now, which ran on my old laptop with its integrated graphics card.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

SardonicTyrant posted:

*Kills Father Gascoigne, Orphans Created counter ticks up by 1*

Don't worry, you can get that back down to 0

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Did the "orphans created" stat use some Drederick Tatum "I believe she will die of a broken heart" logic?

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

Party Boat posted:

Did the "orphans created" stat use some Drederick Tatum "I believe she will die of a broken heart" logic?

It's tied to which faction the enemies are in - killing an Al-Samad soldier creates two-three orphans, shooting the G22 superspy loners doesn't count at all, and shooting someone in the Chinese secret police creates exactly one orphan

e: oh, didn't catch the reference - "orphan" can mean someone who's lost one parent (even though it's very rarely used that way)

overeager overeater fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Aug 30, 2020

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Sininu posted:

If Bastion and Transistor did you good, then you should probably check out their next game, Pyre! Be warned that gameplay wise, it is nothing like the previous two or its successor, Hades, but it definitely checks not too hard, songs with vocals, and running on crappy integrated cards.

Pyre is a 3 on 3 magic basketball visual novel. You go through story segments, make choices, and after a while you play in magic basketball matches versus other denizens of the place you're in. What you do affects relationships with others and sometimes what route you take.

Every enemy team has their own theme song.

Then there are the big special matches. You'll know when you hit these because there will be something on the line with story and gameplay consequences. In these matches, you will be joined by your bard, and the enemy team will also have their bard. During the match, the theme will be a mix of the main characters' themes + that particular enemy team's theme + vocals from the bards, with the song changing depending on how the game is going

Artelier fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Aug 30, 2020

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon

Sininu posted:

I'll go to bat for Hardcore Mecha - 2D platformer with good campaign and plays like Smash Brothers, has a endless Horde mode too with an R-Type Final research tree for mechs and ME3 MP style loot.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/746580/HARDCORE_MECHA/

Entirely 2D - Minimum requirements are a GeForce 9600 GT, which is from 2008, so if your onboard integrated graphics is from any time after that you have a good chance of matching the performance.

The campaign plot's extremely Lancer in feel and the game's consistent about being super chill mech action - it's a constant drip feed of explosions and mechs. It's worth full price both because of its super polished art and mech designs and also it's got a great OST.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Did steam make some changes to gently caress with card idling? I ran one, got like 20 cards in an hour, then nothin’. I have 100ish to go so doing it manually would be a pain in the rear end.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Chronicon is pretty great. Definitely worth the $14.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Did steam make some changes to gently caress with card idling? I ran one, got like 20 cards in an hour, then nothin’. I have 100ish to go so doing it manually would be a pain in the rear end.
SAM is giving me a hard time. It doesn't update unless you turn it off and then it gives you cards. Games have individual timers and I got them all by hour 3 or hour 9 from my 2 latest idled games.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

I was asking recommendations so I can recommend them to my friend with a crappy laptop. Sorry that I made it seem they were for me.

That's a great suggestion, gonna let my friend know of that one!

Hwurmp posted:

Pyre if you've got at least 1GB VRAM
Wandersong if "la la la" counts as vocals
Rakuen if you don't mind RPGMaker stuff
Hypnospace Outlaw
I'll tell her about Pyre after she tries out Bastion and Transistor. I really should continue my playthrough...

PowerBeard posted:

If you have a stable connection / 5G internet connection, you could use GeForce Now, which ran on my old laptop with its integrated graphics card.
Yeah, that's always an option.

Artelier posted:

If Bastion and Transistor did you good, then you should probably check out their next game, Pyre! Be warned that gameplay wise, it is nothing like the previous two or its successor, Hades, but it definitely checks not too hard, songs with vocals, and running on crappy integrated cards.

Pyre is a 3 on 3 magic basketball visual novel. You go through story segments, make choices, and after a while you play in magic basketball matches versus other denizens of the place you're in. What you do affects relationships with others and sometimes what route you take.

Every enemy team has their own theme song.

Then there are the big special matches. You'll know when you hit these because there will be something on the line with story and gameplay consequences. In these matches, you will be joined by your bard, and the enemy team will also have their bard. During the match, the theme will be a mix of the main characters' themes + that particular enemy team's theme + vocals from the bards, with the song changing depending on how the game is going
I did like 5 matches in the story before I lost my motivation to play, it keeps happening sadly. I really liked the writing up to that point though and the matches didn't seem too bad. I promise I will eventually pick it up again.

40 Proof Listerine posted:

I'll go to bat for Hardcore Mecha - 2D platformer with good campaign and plays like Smash Brothers, has a endless Horde mode too with an R-Type Final research tree for mechs and ME3 MP style loot.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/746580/HARDCORE_MECHA/

Entirely 2D - Minimum requirements are a GeForce 9600 GT, which is from 2008, so if your onboard integrated graphics is from any time after that you have a good chance of matching the performance.

The campaign plot's extremely Lancer in feel and the game's consistent about being super chill mech action - it's a constant drip feed of explosions and mechs. It's worth full price both because of its super polished art and mech designs and also it's got a great OST.
Mechs aren't really what I'm looking for but thanks for the suggestion anyway!

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

overeager overeater posted:

It's tied to which faction the enemies are in - killing an Al-Samad soldier creates two-three orphans, shooting the G22 superspy loners doesn't count at all, and shooting someone in the Chinese secret police creates exactly one orphan

e: oh, didn't catch the reference - "orphan" can mean someone who's lost one parent (even though it's very rarely used that way)

The faction specific stuff is cool / grim. I choose to believe that the spouses of every last person I kill die of broken hearts.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Party Boat posted:

The faction specific stuff is cool / grim. I choose to believe that the spouses of every last person I kill die of broken hearts.

The medical bills for non-lethal takedowns were a good touch, too. It’s not like they’re just napping, you totally concussed the hell out of them and probably broke some poo poo, that’s gonna involve some PT at a minimum.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Man, I really should properly play through Alpha Protocol sometime. I picked it up years ago and got a short way in but fell off it. It's on my steadily growing Backlog of Shame.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

I was just singing the praises of alpha protocol in the Witcher thread of all places. It's a really good game if you can get past the combat jank (max pistols, goodbye bosses). I'd recommend a controller. Also you basically just started when you beat it the first time, there's a ton of outcomes if you do things in different orders/change your relationships with people.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Parallelwoody posted:

I was just singing the praises of alpha protocol in the Witcher thread of all places. It's a really good game if you can get past the combat jank (max pistols, goodbye bosses). I'd recommend a controller. Also you basically just started when you beat it the first time, there's a ton of outcomes if you do things in different orders/change your relationships with people.

It’s one of the few games that promises an insane amount of reactivity and actually delivers. Vague spoilers: There’s a character you can only kill if you’re a complete dick to everyone. If you’re just a dick to him he knows you’re playing him. You can be aggressive to a weapons dealer which leads to more heavily armored guards in a later level... who think you’re with them and let you in without any hassle if you wear combat armor for that level. It’s insane.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Alpha Protocol is one of the most impressive choose your own adventures saddled with the shooting acumen of Mass Effect. Even perennials of the genre like 100 Days, the Sorcery! re-imagining and the better Choice Of games are still struggling to reach the depth and breadth of choices and interactions leading to a collection of endings that hardly seem like they're from the same game.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Two Point Hospital says "Play for free until 31 Aug @ 11:00am. Offer ends 31 Aug @ 11:00am." but i cant see a way to download it. Store only has an add to cart button.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
It ended a few hours ago.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

MonkeyforaHead posted:

Dreams on Steam pls

:hmmyes:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
It's so dumb there's no way to buy the Killing Floor 2 DLC weapons through Steam. Thanks to regional pricing, each weapon is twice as expensive as the game itself here.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Ugly In The Morning posted:

It’s one of the few games that promises an insane amount of reactivity and actually delivers. Vague spoilers: There’s a character you can only kill if you’re a complete dick to everyone. If you’re just a dick to him he knows you’re playing him. You can be aggressive to a weapons dealer which leads to more heavily armored guards in a later level... who think you’re with them and let you in without any hassle if you wear combat armor for that level. It’s insane.

IIRC you can show up to the embassy or whatever it was in the right kind of full armor as well instead of sneaking it if you have the right background, since they'll just assume you're supposed to be there (because who'd be dumb enough to just walk in the front door) and sound and look about right.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Aug 30, 2020

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

RBA Starblade posted:

IIRC you can show up to the embassy or whatever it was in the right kind of full armor as well instead of sneaking it if you have the right background, since they'll just assume you're supposed to be there (because who'd be dumb enough to just walk in the front door) and sound and look about right.

You’re correct, if you have the Soldier background you know what to say to the Marines to have them think you’re supposed to be there.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Azran posted:

It's so dumb there's no way to buy the Killing Floor 2 DLC weapons through Steam. Thanks to regional pricing, each weapon is twice as expensive as the game itself here.

You can subscribe to a mutator on the workshop that unlocks all the DLC weapons without needing to pay, but you can't gain class XP while it is active. Up to you if it is worth the hassle.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

Internet Explorer posted:

Chronicon is pretty great. Definitely worth the $14.

It's quite something for a solo project.

It did not take long for my Berserker to start feeling powerful even though I've only played for like an hour. Fun as hell. I've seen some endgame stuff and it's nuts.

Needs its own thread.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

RubberLuffy posted:

It's quite something for a solo project.

It did not take long for my Berserker to start feeling powerful even though I've only played for like an hour. Fun as hell. I've seen some endgame stuff and it's nuts.

Needs its own thread.

The guy is pretty active on his discord.

Also, I liked all other classes but the Berserker is the only one that puts me to sleep when I play :( I wish I could like it as much as the other classes.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
Riftbreaker has a new trailer.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Those sure are some line reads.

(Game does look good tho)

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

gently caress I can't wait to play more of this.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Riftbreaker looks great, I loved the demo. Wish they'd give a release date already though they've been teasing for a really long time. :argh:

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
I was really excited by a lot of the stuff exhibited on the gamescom "booth", so I'll share some of the games that caught my eye.

Lucifer Within Us
A detective game where you play a "digital exorcist." You fight crime, find sinners, and remove digital daemons that are compelling human hosts to commit crimes in isometric 3D utopia that may have more darkness beneath the surface.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS1yf83U5Ok

Nanotale - Typing Chronicles
A charming typing game where you ability to bang out words transforms them into powerful spells you use to fight enemies while you gather the lore and history of a peaceful world threatened by a corrupting influence. Has enjoyed a pretty long early access period, "launching" with 50% of the content and seem to have made good use of the time.

This one is a successor to Epistory Typing Chronicles-a game I'd love to hear more about it if anyone has played it.

Of Bird and Cage
Now this is one looks to be either great or a memorable disaster. Billing itself as a "two-hour-long symphonic metal music concept album" brought to life, with a plot based on ‘Beauty and the Beast.’ You are the titular beauty, as Gitta, attempting to escape the physical and mental prison of her captor in this "very twisted love story."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irRDAva-cfY

There were a few more that I thought were worth sharing, I'll probably put up another post later today.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

tildes posted:

Has anyone played Wasteland 3? Especially in co-op?

I'm also wondering about this. I played 2 for like a couple of hours and then I... forgot.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I was thinking about getting a friend of mine with Gamepass to check out Wasteland 3 with me but reading through the reviews on steam it sounds like co-op is busted as gently caress right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

El_Elegante posted:

Nanotale - Typing Chronicles
A charming typing game where you ability to bang out words transforms them into powerful spells you use to fight enemies while you gather the lore and history of a peaceful world threatened by a corrupting influence. Has enjoyed a pretty long early access period, "launching" with 50% of the content and seem to have made good use of the time.

This one is a successor to Epistory Typing Chronicles-a game I'd love to hear more about it if anyone has played it.
How does it react to the classic Treasure Of The Rudras spell BITCHSLAP?