Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

LastInLine posted:

That's not inflation. This isn't the thread for the discussion, but suffice to say that at its core, the fact that tens of trillions of dollars can be dumped into the economy only at the very top while the CPI stays relatively constant is proof that none of that money is circulating.

Also this reminded me that we used to care about the deficit then we started two wars, then five more, then no one ever mentioned it ever again (because no one's ever suggested we use that money for any social program at all in the last two decades).

Wrong. Pete Buttigieg campaigned in part on tbe deficit lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

big boi posted:

Wrong. Pete Buttigieg campaigned in part on tbe deficit lol

Holy poo poo I just remembered Pete Buttigieg existed lol (honestly didn't know that, thanks) That just makes him shittier because as bad as things are, the last 20 years of monetary policy is proof that you can just print money without consequence so wgaf about the deficit, use it to fix problems it's obviously possible

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
Staring at a salami today I suddenly remembered Trump Steaks
and like they were so glorious and meaty and glistering and I don't know
and media was all but they don't exist
and Trump's like here's some and has this loving table of meats with his logo on them
and media's like fukken got you these are just steak you bought and slapped your logo on and nobody cared and Trump became president and basically nothing's real

I regret a little not staying up and watching the countdown but everyone was so sure that Hillary would win. Oh well.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

LastInLine posted:

Holy poo poo I just remembered Pete Buttigieg existed lol (honestly didn't know that, thanks) That just makes him shittier because as bad as things are, the last 20 years of monetary policy is proof that you can just print money without consequence so wgaf about the deficit, use it to fix problems it's obviously possible

Oh yeah, yet another reason he sucks poo poo

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

has there ever been a more poorly-coiffed and attired gay man than Nate

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Pierre Delecto

lol finding that out pretty much made up for ashley feinberg getting owned by ted cruz

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
https://youtu.be/woLQI8X2R6Y

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

LastInLine posted:

I can see that point of view too. Maybe it's because I'm not out in the wilds of Chudland but rather the fringes, I feel like most people have a pretty accurate assessment of the guy. The problem is they like what they see, not that they're seeing some idealized vision.

I actually think that's worse. If someone sees Trump as this savvy businessman who's draining the swamp and kicking rear end all the time, then yeah, who wouldn't love that? If you see him as your bog-standard racist republican who isn't afraid to say what he's thinking instead of talking in code and you like that, well, that's not good.

it is both of those things. they see that he’s a big fat racist dumbass and love it and also think he’s a business genius getting poo poo done and a good Christian at the same time.

thread material: Rand Paul getting his rear end beat because he kept dumping brush in his neighbors yard and right wingers speculating that his rich dentist neighbor was secretly antifa

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
he was an anesthesiologist, which explains how he put him the gently caress down

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Anesthesiologists have the highest kill count in the hospital

Paul got drat lucky

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Milo and POTUS posted:

Anesthesiologists have the highest kill count in the hospital

well yea. they are responsible for keeping people alive during surgery lol. they have the worst malpractice insurance rates too

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Spergin Morlock posted:

well yea. they are responsible for keeping people alive during surgery lol.

looks like they need to try harder then :colbert:

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

throw to first drat IT posted:

I regret a little not staying up and watching the countdown but everyone was so sure that Hillary would win. Oh well.

For what it’s worth, I watched it live and as soon as I realized trump was going to win I drove out to the gas station and bought a sixer of steel reserve

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I went to the bar and got hammered.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I went to bed early, assured that somehow, some way, Hillary would pull it off

I've never given out a more genuine "Oh, no" than when I woke up at 4 and checked my phone. lol

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

I've never given out a more genuine "Oh, no" than when I woke up at 4 and checked my phone. lol

same lol

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

I'll never forget the needle pointing to 99%, taking a nap, waking up to a text "the bad thing is trump is going to get a supreme court nomination right away and have the senate" or w/e my friend trying to bargain about what was about to happen

and I was like "trump's getting something?" and the needle had swung the other way

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

I remember my friends who went to a local art college telling me they had been given a day off because so many art students were too inconsolable to go the next day

that's some funny politics poo poo

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Lmao I took the day off from work (in Australia, so results were ccoming in noonish), drank a lot, and didn't feel remotely drunk

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I stayed up till 6am to watch the election from the UK lol

Bear in mind this was like 4 months after the brexit election too lol

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
I put a free bet on Donald Trump before the election at like 6/1 in a two horse race lol. I felt winning the money so I donated it to RAINN and my then girlfriend was annoyed at me for doing so.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

britishbornandbread posted:

I put a free bet on Donald Trump before the election at like 6/1 in a two horse race lol. I felt winning the money so I donated it to RAINN and my then girlfriend was annoyed at me for doing so.

How is a payout determined on a free bet

Isn't 6 times 0 just 0

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

ALFbrot posted:

How is a payout determined on a free bet

Isn't 6 times 0 just 0

A lot of betting sites offer you free bets as promotions. Like "sign up and input your credit card info and make five bets in the first 24 hours and you get a free $25 bet" or stuff like that.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
2016 election night threads are wild retrospective reads. Lots of posters jackin off over the thought of Florida going blue or chastising other posters for arzying and then slowly realizing that something isn't right before falling into total despair.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
i remember i was in some d&D chat or slack or some poo poo and noted that hillary had lost all of PA outside pittsburgh, and people lost their poo poo that i was wrong, so wrong, what a loving idiot, what a fool and I think it was just people in the early stages of trying to cope

Mst3kmann
Aug 8, 2005

FOREST WHITAKER EYE

big boi posted:

James Comey tweeting casually about being a scab

Comey went on 60 Minutes and said his wife and daughters despise him because he singlehandedly prevented the first woman President being elected

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

id gotten fired that morning and broken up with two days before so i was pretty zen (read, drunk) when it all came in

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Dreylad posted:

i remember i was in some d&D chat or slack or some poo poo and noted that hillary had lost all of PA outside pittsburgh, and people lost their poo poo that i was wrong, so wrong, what a loving idiot, what a fool and I think it was just people in the early stages of trying to cope

I remember telling people to calm down, that Hillary only needed one of Florida, Wisconsin, PA, or Michigan to win. And then I remember ordering a round of shots

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Mst3kmann posted:

Comey went on 60 Minutes and said his wife and daughters despise him because he singlehandedly prevented the first woman President being elected

lmfao, this made my day

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

was reminded of how multiple faithless electors in WA in 2016 voted for colin fuckin powell lmao

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

World War Mammories posted:

was reminded of how multiple faithless electors in WA in 2016 voted for colin fuckin powell lmao

Reminds me of another lol - Trump has never correctly stated the electoral votes for 2016.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I went to bed early "knowing" (cynically, not as a calculated prediction) that that Trump would win, woke up, and went "welp."

Then I proceeded to have an ongoing years-long meltdown as my brain cracked and pinged multiple times a day and I reexamined every single thing I thought I knew or valued about, well, everything.

World War Mammories posted:

yeah washington dems succcccccccccccccccccccccccccc so hard

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Dreylad posted:

dnd got really nasty and personal on election night, in particular a bunch of stalwarts were really insulting to posters who were worried by the early returns

it was the last night I posted in dnd, I jumped ship to C-SPAM the next day

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
I didn't have much faith in/hope for America by that point in 16, but i had a bit. 11/9 snuffed that little bit right out, lol. I got drunk and called in the next day. Most of America is irredeemable, lol forever.

Apathy420
May 18, 2017

by Cyrano4747
was at a party with about ~20 people. went around and asked, not a single person voted because how could the racist meme guy win a majority vote?

by the end of the night I reached a state of drunk never before experienced before by mankind

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Filthy Hans posted:

dnd got really nasty and personal on election night, in particular a bunch of stalwarts were really insulting to posters who were worried by the early returns

it was the last night I posted in dnd, I jumped ship to C-SPAM the next day

Yeah i stopped posting on SA entirely after that for a while. People's brains were breaking and I thought the result it was a surprising, but understandable continuation of the trends already existing within american politics, couldn't really have a conversation with anyone

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
I’m still amazed by the extent to which
media forecasts were wrong

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Shook Nate.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

the next morning I was driving to work all hungover and couldn’t believe everything looked normal, people were going about their normal business and everything wasn’t on fire.

I guess I was too impatient

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Apathy420 posted:

was at a party with about ~20 people. went around and asked, not a single person voted because how could the racist meme guy win a majority vote?

by the end of the night I reached a state of drunk never before experienced before by mankind

lmao, unreal

amazing username/post combo