Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Coffee?
This poll is closed.
Yay! 54 34.39%
Nay. 43 27.39%
O-kay? 24 15.29%
Whatever. 36 22.93%
Total: 157 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

yeah but australia is going to ban eromanga sensei too so what do they know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

they also banned sword art online so rip if you ever see a collage of popular anime or whatever

kater
Nov 16, 2010

i feel like i need to confes cuz i hit reply thinking that eromanga sensei was that crazy fun one where the girl had underwear on her head and like vowed to topple society but I just realized its the creepy brother thing again. theres so much creepy brother poo poo maybe australia has it right.

also lol they banned swo austrailia definietly has a wierd brother thing they are hung up on and are trying to pretend never existed.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

yo like srsly i dont want to get caught up in how weird australia's officla fetishes are, that girl with the underwear on her head becoming a superhero show loving ruled.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

kater posted:

i feel like i need to confes cuz i hit reply thinking that eromanga sensei was that crazy fun one where the girl had underwear on her head and like vowed to topple society but I just realized its the creepy brother thing again. theres so much creepy brother poo poo maybe australia has it right.

also lol they banned swo austrailia definietly has a wierd brother thing they are hung up on and are trying to pretend never existed.
thats shimoneta, eromanga is the crazy fun one about light novel authors with an incest side plot that you can just ignore because its mostly not even that good compared to the part where the authors are loving with each other

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

underwear on head made me think of imosae for the split second i remembered the girl who wears panties tied in a bow as her hair ribbon

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i wonder if theres an eromanga sensei no incest fan edit

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Endorph posted:

they also banned sword art online so rip if you ever see a collage of popular anime or whatever

What do they have against Sword Art Online? It aired on adult swim iirc so it’s not like it’s super offensive or whatever (probably, ive never watched it)

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Last Celebration posted:

What do they have against Sword Art Online? It aired on adult swim iirc so it’s not like it’s super offensive or whatever (probably, ive never watched it)

also incest and rape

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

https://twitter.com/shirakamifubuki/status/1299960845435240453?s=20

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

NYAHALLO
NYAHALLO
NYAHALLO
NYAHALLO

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

wow big size

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
there are some bad things that happen in sao and the way it presents some of it is clumsy because a lot of it was written by kawahara when he was like, a teenager. going to the point of banning it for it is uh. a lot weirder.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Its nothing to do with saos actual content it was just chosen arbitrarily by a politician who wanted to moralize

For instance goblin slayer and shield hero arent banned in australia

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

goblin slayer is on the list, at least

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

drat nevermind that part

Still tho theres thousands of other things i could point to

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
OTOH, they have really killer metalcore to compensate, so there's that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OPejieHAyw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p484FUgPocA

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think for a while, Australia's ratings board didn't have an 18+ rating for games so instead of making one, they just banned a bunch of games like Manhunt.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
reminder: when the Vita version of Atelier Totori originally came out the australian classification board rated it R18+

update: the Vita version of Atelier Rorona still is.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

totori was never r18+ im pretty sure, it was always rorona

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

When Paperboy 64 came out in Aus it was MA15+

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Endorph posted:

totori was never r18+ im pretty sure, it was always rorona

Totori Plus got its rating 3 months after the R18 rating was introduced, it was a kinda big story at the time

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

x

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Was Akame Ga Kill actually any good? I think I liked it when I was 14.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Acerbatus posted:

Are you still 14?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4muYzftomAE

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Acerbatus posted:

All I know about it is all the best characters die like Chelsea, what the gently caress man

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Love purple cat.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Acerbatus posted:

The author is also one of the responsible parties for the Yuuki Yuna is a Hero franchise and I honestly think that's a better series than Akame ga Kill, even with all the dumb stuff that series has going for it.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Acerbatus posted:

Nope.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

its time

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Time to stop illegally downloading anime.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

enjoy :cheerdoge:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/hyxpk/status/1300100987496009729?s=21

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Korone rules. She is the best

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

the ending involving bad dragon made me lol though

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Endorph posted:

Are you still 14?

Only mentally. Might give it another shot at some point.

Wark Say posted:

The author is also one of the responsible parties for the Yuuki Yuna is a Hero franchise and I honestly think that's a better series than Akame ga Kill, even with all the dumb stuff that series has going for it.

Oh, interesting. I thought Yuuki Yuna is a Hero was pretty alright overall but I was uhh... 17 or so when I saw it.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Akame isn't good unless you want to be stepped on by Esdeath and in that case what you really want is the author's next series: https://mangadex.org/title/32386/mato-seihei-no-slave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Sindai posted:

Akame isn't good unless you want to be stepped on by Esdeath and in that case what you really want is the author's next series: https://mangadex.org/title/32386/mato-seihei-no-slave

I feel like this manga wants me to feel bad about men not being able to get superpowers but frankly we got it coming.