Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
Was going to go to Paul's Shoe Warehouse in Adelaide tomorrow to get new shoes. That ain't happening since it looks they are no longer in business. Now I have no idea where to go to find shoes that fit. Might have to do online from here.

How good's the footy?

Sillybones fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Aug 30, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F
Nov 6, 2005

What style shoe are you after?

I thought Paul's shoe warehouse was a wayville showground pavilion style thingo.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

F
Nov 6, 2005

Just buy online if you have worn the brand before. That's what i usually do for casual shoes because the stores have gently caress all options in my size, plus convenience.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
From where online? Imagine I am 80 and computers scare me.

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

F posted:

What style shoe are you after?

I thought Paul's shoe warehouse was a wayville showground pavilion style thingo.

wasn't Pauls the one with the cartoon picture of the guy riding a giant shoe on West Terrace? A bit surprised to learn its gone.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Yeah they closed a year or so ago. I am just about getting through the first pair of my last purchases from them.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Sillybones posted:

I doubt anyone has seen any of those films. I thought it became an export only thing?

Kel is fine?

I think it's mostly Kel's hair helmet that makes me sad. Fun character though!

F
Nov 6, 2005

Zazi posted:

wasn't Pauls the one with the cartoon picture of the guy riding a giant shoe on West Terrace? A bit surprised to learn its gone.

Yeah that's the picture i had in my head. Paul was a wog looking fella in a sneaker. We used to get his material in our weekly wish book delivery.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
This whole country turned into bogans so gradually I didn't even notice

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?
I like https://www.theiconic.com.au for buying shoes as they have free returns and exchange and they make it really easy to do.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I buy my shoes in at the op shop because I'm an 8 and you can't buy cheap good shoes anywhere nowadays but having gods foot size helps I'll admit

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Zazi posted:

first the boot, now this

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Iirc the big boot in Chermside hasn't been above a shoe shop since the 1970s but such is the charm of the boot it was shipped around from unrelated business to unrelated business for years. It was above a car yard last time I was there

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Using iirc to mean 'some old pissed oval office at the Keperra golf club told me this once' is imo the most accurate and true use of the word

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Good twist
Its still out there

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Bigfoot mystery

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

The boot will outlast us all. Charlton Heston walks for days and days across a scarred alien world before falling to his knees in front of the boot

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Taking the dog to the vet that hates horses despite being heavily branded as a horse vet

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I say 'despite' but a few minutes of conversation with her shows it's clearly a direct and causal relationship

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
2 bucks at an OP shop 2 years ago

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I say 'despite' but a few minutes of conversation with her shows it's clearly a direct and causal relationship

Which way though?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Honestly nothing gives me more confidence in a pair of shoes than knowing someone died before their shoes did. Op shop shoes for life

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I wear a fair bit of op shop clothing but size 15 shoes are hard enough to buy new, and I tend to wear the types of footwear that people wear to be death ie. running, hiking and skate shoes. My general experience is I ask the shop person what shoes they can get in that size, they tell me like 3 types, they order them in and I try them on and hopefully buy one that fits.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

You know what they say about men with big feet, fuckin sucks to buy shoes

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

Own 30+ pairs of shoes and only wear 1 pair of air max which has had holes worn through the sole club represent.

Holy poo poo I made firecrackers with over quarter oz in em friday afternoon and then crashed at like 7 and spent the whole weekend in a foggy haze listening to old KMFDM albums. A good weekend.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Ghost Leviathan posted:

This whole country turned into bogans so gradually I didn't even notice

whatareya?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

naeka posted:

Holy poo poo I made firecrackers with over quarter oz in em friday afternoon and then crashed at like 7 and spent the whole weekend in a foggy haze listening to old KMFDM albums. A good weekend.

everything was fine up until this point.

hell to me is being paralysed and kept alive in a ward with a goth nurse who plays KMFDM all day every day.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

Laserface posted:

hell to me is being paralysed and kept alive in a ward with a goth nurse who plays KMFDM all day every day.

But... But Inkfish is supposed to be the one with wrong opinions

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

EoinCannon posted:

size 15 shoes

Fuckin bigfoot over here

Size 12 can sometimes be hard enough to find I can't imagine how hard size 15 is jfc

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

Laserface posted:

I was going through my old industrial albums with a friend a while back and we were like Velvet Acid Christ? Wumpscut? KMFDM? Man we were losers, then I put on Attak and we were both like gently caress yes losers forever. Shamelessly wearing my VAC tshirt today for work video meeting heck yes.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I spent a lot of time as a lad going after aloof goth girls into industrial music and I got into a lot of weird poo poo to try and impress them but somehow none of them actually cared or listened to KFDFM enough for me to wind up with a strong opinion about em one way or another tbh

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

EoinCannon posted:

size 15 shoes

what the gently caress kind of freak show have I entered here

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

bee posted:

I like https://www.theiconic.com.au for buying shoes as they have free returns and exchange and they make it really easy to do.

Thanks heaps.

My experience is pretty the same. In any shop there may be exactly one pair of size 13-14 shoe. And it is ugly and I hate it. Imagine being able to walk into a shoe store and your only concern is how the shoes look. Imagine the same for finding pants too.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
I'm more surprised that you manage to find a pair of men's shoes in better than absolutely-battered-to-hell condition in an op shop.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

sure it’s a pain to get shoes in size 15 but at least you and forty of your friends can share a ride in a very small car

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Zazi posted:

what the gently caress kind of freak show have I entered here

I'm a foot and a half taller than my wife
We used to live near ex Hawthorn ruckman Paul Salmon and his short wife, we would see each other out and about and have a sensible chuckle about our mixed height marriages

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Getting some dirty looks in the vet waiting room when I pick my dog up from surgery and loudly call her a druggo when they tell me how much the Anesthesia costs

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Im 6ft 1 and i wear size 9s, 8.5 in some brands.

when it comes to industrial i forgot all about poo poo industrial when i discovered these guys do the goth misery vibe way better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=028yMtrBroc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Getting interesting over here