Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Shiny Pants
Nov 12, 2012
Jimmy Dore explaining Jung is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

I listen to most podcasts at 2.7x speed or higher, so unless the hosts explicitly talk about being high, I absolutely do not notice it.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Doc Hawkins posted:

I listen to most podcasts at 2.7x speed or higher, so unless the hosts explicitly talk about being high, I absolutely do not notice it.

what do you think of the bodega boys ending

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

I'll give them a try and let you know.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I'm seriously interested in your opinion at 2.7 lol

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.

Doc Hawkins posted:

Chipo Munk House

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

i say swears online posted:

what do you think of the bodega boys ending

dang that sucks. i guess the current zoom version of desus and mero is basically the same thing

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

haha, they are funny

definitely more of a 2.3 or 2.4x show

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

cumtown nightcore

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
brb making a 240 bpm edm track from stav's cackle

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

i find im often mimicking nick’s impressions. i think my wife really appreciated me saying “why dont you gently caress me in MY rear end, tough guy?” for several days straight.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Sludgefest but it's Matt's rants

Mr Shiny Pants
Nov 12, 2012

Gio posted:

i find im often mimicking nick’s impressions. i think my wife really appreciated me saying “why dont you gently caress me in MY rear end, tough guy?” for several days straight.

Anthony Loneliano cracked me up.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Farm Frenzy posted:

dang that sucks. i guess the current zoom version of desus and mero is basically the same thing

lol no not that the show is ending, i meant listening to their complex outtro on a very high speed

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
i listen to my podcasts at 1.0x speed, like a sucker

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Finicums Wake posted:

i listen to my podcasts at 1.0x speed, like a sucker

its the only honorable way to live

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

anything else is decadent

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

Farm Frenzy posted:

cumtown nightcore

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Doc Hawkins posted:

haha, they are funny

definitely more of a 2.3 or 2.4x show

the David Seville of podcasts

(at first I thought his name was David Sedaris)

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
Matt seems like a large man, but he has the thinnest arms. When he starts gesticulating on his livestreams I can't focus on anything but his tiny, chicken arms.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

nikosoft posted:

Matt seems like a large man, but he has the thinnest arms. When he starts gesticulating on his livestreams I can't focus on anything but his tiny, chicken arms.

I'll tune in if he starts doing concentrated curls while on stream

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

Victory Position posted:

I'll tune in if he starts doing concentrated curls while on stream

Matt, call me, I'll give you a workout plan and also we can go shopping for some shirts that actually fit.

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

once i started listening to chapo, i caught up on all the old episodes in ten minutes by listening to them all at once at 5x speed

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

nikosoft posted:

Matt, call me, I'll give you a workout plan and also we can go shopping for some shirts that actually fit.

he loses his keen analytic powers if he dresses like a grown man

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

nikosoft posted:

yeah you’d think being disabled would mega bulk up the bits that work

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Instead of vain pursuits like working out he's exercising the most erotic part of the body (the brain)

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Jel Shaker posted:

yeah you’d think being disabled would mega bulk up the bits that work

for the longest time i thought this was a bit or that people were being mean to matt for no reason whatsoever

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Gripweed posted:

I can't take 5-4 anymore. It's good but every week it's just "Here's another really stupid way in which this country is vicious and cruel. There's nothing you can do about it"

they definitely dont have anything new or revelatory to say but i think its enough “interesting cases i didnt know about” + thelawboys sharp sense of humor that makes it highly listenable. and honestly with how unlistenable most podcasts are, grabbing and keeping my attention is enough for me to like it.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Grevling posted:

Instead of vain pursuits like working out he's exercising the most erotic part of the body (the brain)

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Hey baby u got 2 big old lobes of fat I wanna get in on and gently caress til the morning light *tips fedora* your brain

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

A Russian troll farm posted:

once i started listening to chapo, i caught up on all the old episodes in ten minutes by listening to them all at once at 5x speed

i dont get why people listen to episodes at faster speed instead of listening to multiple at once

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

StashAugustine posted:

i dont get why people listen to episodes at faster speed instead of listening to multiple at once

Yeah I only listen to double podcasts now

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

new story incoming, within the hour, the heroin trade, the CIA, the real corleone family, bought politicians and the great mafia war of the 80s. get some.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I really want to see if they'll do a corrections corner on tomorrow's What a Time to be Alive. They got basic Gundam facts so wrong, I can't have been the only one to DM them about it.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

gh0stpinballa posted:

new story incoming, within the hour, the heroin trade, the CIA, the real corleone family, bought politicians and the great mafia war of the 80s. get some.

hell yeah, does banco ambrosiano come up there or is that gonna be for later

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

StashAugustine posted:

hell yeah, does banco ambrosiano come up there or is that gonna be for later

next episode my good chum, but all this is building up to it

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

finally i have an anti-mafia podcast in my sub list to balance the pro-mafia one i've been following for a while, We Hate Movies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Doc Hawkins posted:

finally i have an anti-mafia podcast in my sub list to balance the pro-mafia one i've been following for a while, We Hate Movies

I got a little tired of having too much political/comedy cumtown and economic update/cth/trueanon/citations needed stuff and wanted more pop-culture pods so I just started We Hate Movies, it's pretty good and drat there's a big loving backlog. 500 episodes to go through lol

is there anything else I should check out on a similar media-based focus?