Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Dramicus posted:

I don't think they ever have, but luckily their games tend to be relatively light on data, I expect ~5gb, give or take. Probably not more than 10.

hope so. slow rural rear end area is like 15-20 min per gig... an.. eternity.. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

A lot of gameplay from various youtubers is going to drop tomorrow and I can't decide whether to watch it or wait to play myself. Both options are torture.

Robo-Slap
Jun 5, 2011

Willfrey posted:

hope so. slow rural rear end area is like 15-20 min per gig... an.. eternity.. :negative:

Gamepass let me preload it, but then removed the files and the option to preload. If I remember correctly, it was an 8GB download and 15GB on the disk.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Swedish Horror posted:

A lot of gameplay from various youtubers is going to drop tomorrow and I can't decide whether to watch it or wait to play myself. Both options are torture.

Let's be honest, I'm you're going to watch. Pick someone doing a playthrough you weren't planning on and go to town.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
Has anyone seen if you can make your own dynasty at game start? So far, I've only seen historical starts.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Dramicus posted:

Has anyone seen if you can make your own dynasty at game start? So far, I've only seen historical starts.

Nope, not yet. The Ruler Designer will be a free DLC that will come out "soon" after release. You can, however, start as a historical dynasty and then split off as a custom branch.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

megane posted:

Nope, not yet. The Ruler Designer will be a free DLC that will come out "soon" after release. You can, however, start as a historical dynasty and then split off as a custom branch.

Alright, I guess it will be cool to try out the cadet system for a while. I'm mostly interested in starting as a little unknown baron or count and slowly working up from there.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/would-anime-portraits-still-be-a-thing.1412952/

liveoctopus
Oct 18, 2005

Looks like there's a new video out but it'll probably just make you angry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-x6gjz4yUU

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

liveoctopus posted:

Looks like there's a new video out but it'll probably just make you angry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-x6gjz4yUU

Oh boy another WACKY costume!

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
CK3 is number 2 on the steam Global Best Sellers list behind Fall Guys

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I’ve never been able to get into CKII because I was too dumb to make sure my heir was the next character I played but...

Still getting in ground floor because the LPs of CKII are always still interesting, and new games without ten million expansions yet are often easier to learn!

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Willfrey posted:

Oh boy another WACKY costume!

It's not that wacky and you guys are being weird about a thing these guys were probably paid to do.

It's by far the least RP-ey video that's been done so far.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Yeah, I haven't played MP in ages but it really sounded just like a Not Too Serious MP game with buddies - maybe some of those buddies are a bit grating but that was the main thing that annoyed me about that video, not the costume interludes (which it really seems clear Paradox at least encouraged).

Oh well, the Serious Streamers are getting at this tomorrow so we'll stop needing to have this debate.

Party Ape
Mar 5, 2007
Don't pay $10 bucks to change my avatar! Send me a $10 donation to Doctors with Borders and I'll stop posting for 24 hours!

Ham posted:

It was repealed by an act that includes the exact same language, so sorry for posting the wrong link I guess?

https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2012L01934

Not to be a dick, but that's not legislation. It's a legislative instrument which can be changed by the relevant Minister at any time provided certain conditions are met (In this case, all the states have to agree).

It also uses the word depict which specifically means images rather than descriptions (which is used in the previous paragraph).

Thanks for listening to my bureaucracy flavoured TED talk.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
Have you tried not living in Australia? It seems to be the better option overall.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?
So I pre-ordered on the Paradox Store-- they're going to send me a steam key when it comes out, right?

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
The issue I think wrt Australia is like either things can be way too graphic (extremely unlikely) or the game spins something illegal as positive but it’s gotta be something illegal and like ... one of the things that pings their ethics code or some poo poo. Or it rewards you for it.

So like beating a hooker to death in gta to get your money back. Taking drugs in a game which then gives you a performance enhancing boost. Etc

But then you also get like hotline Miami and left 4 dead 2 banned also so who knows

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

teacup posted:

The issue I think wrt Australia is like either things can be way too graphic (extremely unlikely) or the game spins something illegal as positive but it’s gotta be something illegal and like ... one of the things that pings their ethics code or some poo poo. Or it rewards you for it.

So like beating a hooker to death in gta to get your money back. Taking drugs in a game which then gives you a performance enhancing boost. Etc

But then you also get like hotline Miami and left 4 dead 2 banned also so who knows

Well, in the game you can literally make a religion that rewards you with piety for executing people while you gently caress your sister, so....

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

I've got a feeling the issue is not that the classification board has rejected the game, because wouldn't we know the reason? It's not usually secret afaik.
It's going to be some stupid poo poo like whoever was supposed to get the game classified forgot that Australia and New Zealand existed.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The last time I remember reading about a game running into classification trouble in Australia was Fallout 3 having a morphine consumable that gave a positive effect, specifically having the drug give you a buff was considered censor-worthy

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

It's 4am, which means it's tomorrow, which means CK3 is now officially out (the new) tomorrow.

I'm ready.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
The issue wrt Australia is that Paradox's third party just hasn't submitted anything to review for classification, if it was RC'd it'd be published.

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin
Really excited to cuckold my relatives

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Terminal autist posted:

Really excited to cuckold my relatives
this is to go further...BEYOND

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
Ahahah wtf. This game is gold.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Midnight Voyager posted:

It's not that wacky and you guys are being weird about a thing these guys were probably paid to do.

It's by far the least RP-ey video that's been done so far.

my bad, hey guys, bad things are good now cuz they were paid to do it

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Quantum Shart posted:

The issue wrt Australia is that Paradox's third party just hasn't submitted anything to review for classification, if it was RC'd it'd be published.

Pretty sure it’s this. It’s mildly infuriating.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I could not possibly care less about people wearing silly costumes in preview videos and I dont understand why anyone else does. If its really so offensive why are you not just skipping to the gameplay section?

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

AnEdgelord posted:

I could not possibly care less about people wearing silly costumes in preview videos and I dont understand why anyone else does. If its really so offensive why are you not just skipping to the gameplay section?

It’s a cute little marketing campaign that pays nerdy youtubers who are already enthusiasts for the game series to advertise their new game. Clearly this is the most unethical thing to be done in video gaming and advertising and you are a sheeple if you enjoyed it.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

does anyone know what time this game comes out :thanks:

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

strong bird posted:

I think it’s 6pm Central Europe time

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

strong bird posted:

12PM EST

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

please do not doxx me

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Honestly the silly videos with crowns and poo poo just aren't meant for us information starved CK2 veterans who are already going to buy it. They're meant for people who have never played a Crusader Kings game before to try to get them interested. And that requires a general overview and broad contextualization, not going into minute.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Crusader Kings 3: Old Men Yelling at Youtube

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Honestly the silly videos with crowns and poo poo just aren't meant for us information starved CK2 veterans who are already going to buy it.

If it's not meant for me it has no reason to exist.

Anyway freeform gameplay videos and streams are dropping in 7 hours.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
Is there a good English language book or something on Burmese history of the period? Historical context tends to make for smoother starts.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Does anyone know if you have to unlock the Monarch's Journey rewards before CK3 comes out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
I remember in Rimmy's video he explicitly said the costume was provided by Paradox. It's all part of the fun, really.