Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

muscles like this! posted:

There's a YT channel called "Let's Game it Out" where the guy does a lot of goofing off by messing around to the break point.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV0PAyP0laA
Here he's playing Sim Airport and seeing how messed up he can make the airport.

Oh my god, thank you so much for the link. I've been going through his videos and I'm literally in tears, I cant remember the last time I've laughed this hard.

My favourite so far is him building a giraffe pachinko machine in Planet Zoo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
My favorite thing is still him rendering his entire massive base in satisfactory completely unlivable or even approachable due to the snaking conveyors of toxic nuclear waste.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Oh gently caress yeah Civvie’s great,as is sseth although i barely understand most of the games he covers.

Sseth is just MandaloreGaming off his meds.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Kitfox88 posted:

Final Fantasy XIV lost a lot of auto translator fun when Heavy Thrust was removed from the game :rip:

I remember FFXI having <Wonderful> <Mithra> <Hand> <Job> <Please>.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Beartaco posted:

My favourite so far is him building a giraffe pachinko machine in Planet Zoo.

"Hey kids; Clear a path!" :yayclod:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The first tommy gun in Metal Gear is when the Pain's bees turn into a tommy gun that shoots bees

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I will never understand why tactical bee weapons were never a bigger threat in the world at large.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

The Lone Badger posted:

[Great] [chest] [ahead]

Imminent holding with two hands therefore thrust

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Fatty Ahead, Therefore Rolling

'huh wonder what that means'

and then naked rolling fat man appears and beats your rear end to dust

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

verbal enema posted:

Fatty Ahead, Therefore Rolling

'huh wonder what that means'

and then naked rolling fat man appears and beats your rear end to dust

the naked rolling fat men in bloodborne's chalice dungeons are the most powerful art ever conceived by humanity

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Sseth is just MandaloreGaming off his meds.

This is my favorite stupid YouTube conspiracy and I will believe it until they both show up at my house.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I just liked putting "Bonfire Ahead" directly in front of bonfires. :shobon:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Agents are GO! posted:

I just liked putting "Bonfire Ahead" directly in front of bonfires. :shobon:

The spirit of obvious signposting lives on again in Death Stranding, something I enjoyed very much.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
There was no "try jumping" esque troll message tho

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You had to construct your trolls to lure people to a difficult-to-reach place, only to find a "don't pee here" or something.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

World War Mammories posted:

the naked rolling fat men in bloodborne's chalice dungeons are the most powerful art ever conceived by humanity

its true

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

bony tony posted:

There was no "try jumping" esque troll message tho

There were plenty of these in The Surge 2, and it was my patriotic duty to add to them.

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

in slay the spire, if you have the champion's belt relic when you fight The Champ, a 2nd act boss, he yells at you for stealing his belt

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

My favourite thing in dark souls 2 was a message saying "hidden path ahead therefore try jumping" surrounded by a huge number of bloodstains

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Messages and bloodstains usually ruined the surprise of mimic chests, too

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

WipEout 2048 is a prequel and the way they show it by having the craft make extremely high pitched whining noises from their engines as opposed to the relatively quiet ships in the later games will never not amuse me to know end

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer

haveblue posted:

Messages and bloodstains usually ruined the surprise of mimic chests, too

On the other hand I never stop getting a kick out of watching other players' ghosts charge straight into an obvious trap and get yeeted into oblivion

Likewise in Nioh there's something cool about loading up a new stage for the first time and seeing a sea of glowing red swords, letting you know that something is about to just wreck your poo poo. It also makes you feel super rad for beating the stage on your first try without dying :cool:

PsychoInternetHawk has a new favorite as of 23:34 on Aug 30, 2020

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

There was a message in front of a door saying maze ahead. I healed up, prepared my weapons, and opened it. It was a small empty room except for another message - fatty but hole

I laughed

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Early in Dark Souls 2 it looked like there was a treasure next to a player message that could only be reached by some tricky jumping.

Upon getting there the treasure was borderline useless and the message read:
"Nice job but hole".

I laughed.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I'm sure I've posted this exact thing itt before but my favorite Dark Souls 2 messages were found in the king's castle, in front of an extremely long ladder you need to climb to progress, reading "Remember , snake" and "Like a dream..."

edit: And also one in front of a dragon statue in Aldia's Keep that read simply "horse?"

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Post poste posted:

There were plenty of these in The Surge 2, and it was my patriotic duty to add to them.

I feel like playing it offline lost me a little bit of fun yeah

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

On the other hand I never stop getting a kick out of watching other players' ghosts charge straight into an obvious trap and get yeeted into oblivion

Sen’s Fortress was amazing for this. I do love anytime people need to use limited vocabulary things like this because it brings out some real creativity in humor and dickishness

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU
Wonder Boy: the Dragon's Trap is a remake of an old 8-bit game that added the ability to play as a girl character that the original lacked. The opening cutscene is fully drawn and prominently features the main character, so they did two variations on the cutscene and even changed the start screen art to reflect who you're playing as well as having a different outfit and retro 8-bit sprite made.

Immediately after the intro level you're turned into a genderless lizard person and the choice is rendered moot.

The game also has a charming as hell colored pencil art style, but since it's a direct remake, you can flip back and forth to the original 8-bit art at any moment and it's cool to see how the original tried to create a sense of location vs. when the remake art team made invented new areas that started as a blank pile of blocks.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

DS2 also has (had?) that path full of "message ahead", "beware of message", "try message" etc

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

CJacobs posted:

I'm sure I've posted this exact thing itt before but my favorite Dark Souls 2 messages were found in the king's castle, in front of an extremely long ladder you need to climb to progress, reading "Remember , snake" and "Like a dream..."

edit: And also one in front of a dragon statue in Aldia's Keep that read simply "horse?"

My first run of DS3, I put a sign in front of the dragon corpse in the first zone that just said "horse?" and I was getting free heals every few minutes.

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
SFV is a little overwhelming with the data it gets and reports on, but it lets you know when you knock people down a rank. And it even lets you know that you blocked a rank up, it is the most satisfying sound

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Another couple ones I came across in the Ivory King DLC of DS2. The message system genuinely adds way more to those games than it was no doubt ever intended.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Kanfy posted:

Another couple ones I came across in the Ivory King DLC of DS2. The message system genuinely adds way more to those games than it was no doubt ever intended.

Must've been partially intended though - why else would they add nouns like 'tongue' and 'horse'?

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
They're standard descriptors for physical things pertaining to human beings and their environment in a vaguely medieval sense, chief

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
To be fair, dark souls 2 does actually have a horse boss.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

HenryEx posted:

They're standard descriptors for physical things pertaining to human beings and their environment in a vaguely medieval sense, chief

Literally the only thing I can think of for tongue would be some kind of enemy/boss with a tongue attack.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
There is that jabba the hutt lookin boss that chows down on you and then spits you out without all your equipment, maybe that counts.

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

CJacobs posted:

:allears:

Been poking around in Dicey Dungeons again. This game gives greater depth to different player classes than many full fledged AAA RPGs, to the point that I play the game not because I'm in the mood for Dicey Dungeons per se, but because I want to play a deck builder or play a spell book builder or play a straightforward hack 'n' loot warrior.

Also bear run is loving hilarious

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
This might take some unpacking, but the online stuff in Death Stranding is wonderful, illustrated by this one image.

You can piss wherever you like in Death Stranding, and if more than one person pisses in the same spot, a small holographic mushroom is formed. More people pissing means larger mushroom. This is one of the largest piss mushrooms I've seen in my 80-odd hours of play. If they're large enough, they generate cryptobiotes, that you can eat to gain health (well, blood, but difference is largely academic). In the same spot, someone else built a generator (when you build constructions and such in your world, they sometimes appear in other people's worlds too) that recharges your battery, which means that you can stand and piss, get the opportunity to get your health back, and also charge your battery.

The cheer squad is a sign you can put down, which means that someone found this setup and dug it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Goddamn I loved the online stuff in that game, please make me a de-ghostified version Kojima :kiddo: