Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Storm shadow is back up with ships in 2-4 weeks. I ordered one in case someone needs it. I can always edit the delivery address.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Moai Ou posted:

Over in the Gunpla thread, Kao_Pai mentioned that he got this one from Amazon.

Here's his post with some of his shots.

Since I'd been looking for one for a while, I ordered it too. It arrived yesterday, and I have to say that I love it. It's ridiculously easy to set up (all the panel edges are lined with velcro) and has some options with the lighting in the form of keeping the reflective front open, an an attachable diffuser cloth.

Oh, that looks great! I think I might grab that lightbox.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Legends cases are not short packed. If it's 7 figures in the assortment the case will have one full set and one duplicate. If it's an 8 figure assortment one case is one full set.

That means 6 of the figures are short packed. :D

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

That means 6 of the figures are short packed. :D

IMMA THROW HANDS

Anyways, was off the beaten path hitting up antique malls in search of MOTU and swung by a WM I haven't been near in years

For $60 (shark is selling for $40+ already) I couldn't say no.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Just got in the Baroness and Destro in from Slothass, I didn't realize they were both also the Sideshow Exclusive versions with the extra heads, which is very much appreciated. Love them! Trying to figure out where they will be displayed with a new scene created, as Destro comes with too many awesome scenery accessories to not be used!

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So whats the best way to get those Target exclusives for Canada?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

deoju posted:

Heads up, when Spirit first had them a year or two ago the trap was operated by a push button an the handle. Not motorized, no pedal. The one I got from walmart a few months ago has the motor and pedal. Not sure if Spirit now carries that version. Just check the box.

The PKE Meters are the same as far as I can tell, except for the packaging.

Oh! That’s new! I might have to get the new trap since mine broke. :(

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Just got in the Baroness and Destro in from Slothass, I didn't realize they were both also the Sideshow Exclusive versions with the extra heads, which is very much appreciated. Love them! Trying to figure out where they will be displayed with a new scene created, as Destro comes with too many awesome scenery accessories to not be used!

Please get a couple 1/6 scale clarinets.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

CelticPredator posted:

What’s the issue? They’re very easily fixed.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Fsmhunk posted:

Have friends in the US.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yep. Hasbro Target stuff seems to just never get a Canadian release.

Hasbro Walgreens stuff goes to EB, Walmart and Amazon of course have a Canadian presence.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Popfindr showed two Baroness at the farthest Target so I said "eh, it's probably not right" and then an hour later a dude posted that he snagged them in our local FB group. Sorry dudes, I have failed you.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
It's weird. I got Ahsoka from Amazon right around the time she was showing up in Targets and stuff. But the Mandalorian and Vader, etc. still haven't arrived.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Nanigans posted:

It's weird. I got Ahsoka from Amazon right around the time she was showing up in Targets and stuff. But the Mandalorian and Vader, etc. still haven't arrived.

The updated Rebels Ahsoka? That Rebels wave is different from the Mando/Vader/Teebo wave. I think the latter is just now hitting targets while the former started shipping about a month ago.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Fsmhunk posted:

I've been sacrificing goats all month and no luck

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Apparently Hasbro said TRU for Canada.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

CelticPredator posted:

I stopped by Wal-Mart a bit ago just to get one and it was only $20. Guess my halloween costume is basically decided.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Fuzz posted:

Ooh, yes please. How much shipped to NYC?

Gimme your zip.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Louisgod posted:

I stopped by Wal-Mart a bit ago just to get one and it was only $20. Guess my halloween costume is basically decided.

I mean I guess it wouldn’t be that bad to wear a ghostbusters costume around your house....

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

CelticPredator posted:

I mean I guess it wouldn’t be that bad to wear a ghostbusters costume around your house....

Well yeah you gotta have fun like this with kids! I plan to put on different costumes and knocking on our door in each one.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Big Mean Jerk posted:

The updated Rebels Ahsoka? That Rebels wave is different from the Mando/Vader/Teebo wave. I think the latter is just now hitting targets while the former started shipping about a month ago.

Sorry, I guess it wasn't clear. I got Ahsoka from Amazon at the same time she showed up in Targets. So, I thought since Mando was hitting Targets, Amazon would be getting theirs at the same time. But it's been a couple weeks now and nada.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Rhyno posted:

IMMA THROW HANDS

Anyways, was off the beaten path hitting up antique malls in search of MOTU and swung by a WM I haven't been near in years

For $60 (shark is selling for $40+ already) I couldn't say no.

We don't have Wal-Mart in NYC (because the Waltons refuse to abide by NYC's mandatory living wage laws), so no way to look for that damned snake. Looks great with GI Joes, though.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Nanigans posted:

Sorry, I guess it wasn't clear. I got Ahsoka from Amazon at the same time she showed up in Targets. So, I thought since Mando was hitting Targets, Amazon would be getting theirs at the same time. But it's been a couple weeks now and nada.

Oh yeah, Black Series distribution seems to be super hosed for Amazon right now. I preordered Zeb the day he went up but I’ve gotten two email notices this week about delays. He’s not shipping til late September for me now.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Yeah, Mando was originally stated as October, and while he’s delayed compared to physical retail, I doubt it’ll go past September.

Then again, Sabine and Ahsoka also originally said October for their release, and they came out in July.

I have to imagine covid related issues might have something to do with it. Black Series just feels weird too with people getting Obi Wan figures within days of each other with completely different washes/colors. I guess they have different factories in China allocating to different retailers, which may even affect the appearance of the final product.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Aphrodite posted:

Apparently Hasbro said TRU for Canada.

Fingers crossed!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I started browsing ebay for random stuff I'd been interested in, specifically the Batman/TMNT figures. Looks like all the figures are pretty cheap except the Damian/Raph set. So much for picking those up.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Storm Shadow is suddenly arriving on Monday, can't wait. Somewhere, my 8 year old self who broke the same figure and never found another has been avenged.

EDIT: Also I think the Legends 3-pack is shipping soon, too. I'm still up for buying that Psylocke from you, Louisgod.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Sooper Gila posted:

I'd like to see how they turn out, are you making specific pilots or something from your own imagination? I'd dig a set of kenner rogue squadron customs. It would require casting a lot of heads but could probably make a good jedi council using the POTF Anakin body as a base too.

I have a few specific ones I plan on doing, like a TFA Han repaint and a Smuggler Lando, but for the most part I’m just messing around. Pilots and aliens are two of my favorite things to collect but the old Kenner line never really combined the two. I’ve got three I’m working on right now and they’re all very early stages, so excuse the sloppy paint and the potato quality phone pics.

This one’s based on a Mon Cal A-Wing pilot that iirc showed up in a deleted scene from ROTJ. It’s a B-Wing Pilot body and legs with Ackbar arms and head and a total repaint of the flight suit. Came out reasonably well, but it still needs a semi-gloss clear coat (matte paint just looks wrong on these figures) and assembly.

This one’s a mess. I’d hoped to just use the original Snaggletooth limbs on a Pilot Luke body, but it just didn’t look right because of the proportions of the torso and the way the hip joints were sculpted. He’s not as short as I’d like and he obviously needs some cleanup around the hands and feet, plus his limbs have faded over time and I’m not sure if I’m going to repaint them or just leave it as is.

I’m pleased with this one so far. Arms need a repaint and a clear coat but he went together well and it looks decent. Because I’m using a ROTJ head on a ‘78 body it’s actually using a bit of an old brush handle for the neck peg. Some people use Lego Technic pins for this kind of head swap, but that seemed a little tight and this works just as well as the old peg with the same snug fit.

Overall, it’s a learning experience. I’ve never done anything like this before and the difficulty range has been frustrating. Parts come off real easy but they can be a huge pain to get back in without mangling. I also haven’t painted anything bigger than a D&D mini in years, so little mistakes that you can get away with at that scale become glaring issues on these figures. It’s kinda fun to make these though, and it’s a cheap experiment since these were all made from $3-$6 beaters.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Got my Storm Shadow from Amazon yesterday; they sent it in a bubble mailer so the packaging was smashed.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

That's okay, it'll still go in the garbage just fine.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Mine was in a bubble mailer too. The damage doesn't look too bad from here though.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Eeks, mines supposed to arrive Tuesday I hope it isn't too beat up :ohdear:

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

I’ll take a Firefly and a Manta please.

https://twitter.com/kennertoys/status/1299750370135232512?s=21

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Holy poo poo. I'd take them all. Sky Commanders too!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Aw, no Switchblade. Still, really cool, though.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

drat, that's amazing. Slice of my got-dang childhood right there.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Anyone have any luck with troopers? I'm debating eBay, but man it's going for over 2x the price already, it's loving insane how badly Target has hosed this up. :smithicide:

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Oh the chance to be able to pick from those.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Fuzz posted:

Anyone have any luck with troopers? I'm debating eBay, but man it's going for over 2x the price already, it's loving insane how badly Target has hosed this up. :smithicide:

Hes coming in drips and dribbles, just be patient. Rumor has it a big restock is coming this week or next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Also Troopers will be in the next regular non exclusive wave.