Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Re: ff7 on gamepass

It is the original, played an hour of it this morning.

Good way to kill some time though, haven't played it since the 90s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Fired up MGSV again recently. Turns out that if you let it sit for an eternity, you'll come back to loads of resources and plenty of points to spend on cool new high level staff. Anyway, I'd been working up one of my S+ troopers and was nearly up to S++ in combat and... I hosed up. Turns out that staff deaths during FOB infiltrations and events are permanent.

Folks, please pour one out for Smiling Jackal. Far and away the most significant loss among my beloved Diamond Dogs (Huey doesn't count). :smith:

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Naked Bear posted:

Fired up MGSV again recently. Turns out that if you let it sit for an eternity, you'll come back to loads of resources and plenty of points to spend on cool new high level staff. Anyway, I'd been working up one of my S+ troopers and was nearly up to S++ in combat and... I hosed up. Turns out that staff deaths during FOB infiltrations and events are permanent.

Folks, please pour one out for Smiling Jackal. Far and away the most significant loss among my beloved Diamond Dogs (Huey doesn't count). :smith:

You can contract your better guys which means you pay insurance to get them back, but you can only have so many contract employees.

They are all diamonds.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Yeah, for whatever reason I thought that was only so that they couldn't be snagged by someone infiltrating my FOB. Oh, well. :(

At least I had enough saved up to start on my third FOB, so I'll have plenty more folks soon enough.

Naked Bear fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Aug 31, 2020

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

I've played waaaaay too much Factorio since I started having a week off, jesus christ.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Hey all, in the discord we're going to start doing a virtual board game night using the tabletop simulator.

We're currently trying to gauge interest and figure out the timing, so if you're interested fill out this form: https://forms.gle/GNTfG47JKC4eZLWi9

Finally, it's a bit weird right now and not everyone that wants to play has or is able to afford the game, so we're going to try and arrange a little mutual aid in our community game night. People are already volunteering to chip in for four-packs, so please do not let lack of money keep you from joining in on socializing.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Crusader Kings III released today and is free on Xbox Gamepass as well

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
What the gently caress MS stop making me start glancing at a goddamned video game subscription service.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Thinkin about getting a RTX 3080 when it releases. I have a 2080 Founders Edition but I'm pretty dissatisfied with its RTX performance, enough so that I am seriously tempted to violate my "once every several generations" GPU update, RTX is just that bad on the first gen RTX cards. The lighting looks really really pretty, but the performance is so so bad.

Apparently the increase in capability of the RTX cores for the 3000 series is high enough that you can run RTX on a 3080 with everything turned up at 4k resolutions, instead of getting like 20-25FPS on a good day if you're over 1080p.

The preliminary data suggests a 100+ % increase in framerate while using RTX vs the first gen cards.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Godholio posted:

What the gently caress MS stop making me start glancing at a goddamned video game subscription service.

It's honestly not bad. $15/mo and includes live gold services with it, which is $60~/year anyhow, so $10/mo after you cover the regular live services. Basically like buying 3 new games a year, cost-wise. Sure, games will come and go, too, but the variety isn't bad.

I wonder if Cyberpunk is going to release on game pass. Lol. Cyberpunk. Release. Lol.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

It's honestly not bad. $15/mo and includes live gold services with it, which is $60~/year anyhow, so $10/mo after you cover the regular live services. Basically like buying 3 new games a year, cost-wise. Sure, games will come and go, too, but the variety isn't bad.

I wonder if Cyberpunk is going to release on game pass. Lol. Cyberpunk. Release. Lol.

$15 a month? I pay $5.

Then again I have the PC game pass.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah, their xbox gamepass ultimate poo poo is $15/mo. I haven't had to pay that yet, I renewed gold last year and added it for $1 until my gold expires, sometime next year. So 1.5-2 years of gamepass for a buck.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

orange juche posted:

Thinkin about getting a RTX 3080 when it releases. I have a 2080 Founders Edition but I'm pretty dissatisfied with its RTX performance, enough so that I am seriously tempted to violate my "once every several generations" GPU update, RTX is just that bad on the first gen RTX cards. The lighting looks really really pretty, but the performance is so so bad.

Apparently the increase in capability of the RTX cores for the 3000 series is high enough that you can run RTX on a 3080 with everything turned up at 4k resolutions, instead of getting like 20-25FPS on a good day if you're over 1080p.

The preliminary data suggests a 100+ % increase in framerate while using RTX vs the first gen cards.

I'm waiting for reviews. I have a 2080Ti on a block, so my likely options are a 3080 or 3090. I'm really thinking of waiting for the next gen at this point or - wait and see the rumored 3080Ti/S card that should fill the price delta between the 80 and 90.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

I have a used 1080 Ti currently and I'm probably going to end up with a 3080, preferably EVGA but also considering FE if I can't get the EVGA.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

The Rat posted:

I have a used 1080 Ti currently and I'm probably going to end up with a 3080, preferably EVGA but also considering FE if I can't get the EVGA.

If I was still on pascal, and I didn't VR, 100% the 3080 looks like the winner of this gen. It get's a little tighter for those on 2080s and particularly 2080Tis.

E: Also - I'd avoid founders. I have a 2080Ti FE - and the fan was - lacking so I just decided to water cool everything.

TCD fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Sep 2, 2020

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I’m in for a 3080 for sure. Can’t wait to upgrade from my 1080 Ti

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

TCD posted:

If I was still on pascal, and I didn't VR, 100% the 3080 looks like the winner of this gen. It get's a little tighter for those on 2080s and particularly 2080Tis.

E: Also - I'd avoid founders. I have a 2080Ti FE - and the fan was - lacking so I just decided to water cool everything.

Good to know! I'll just be F5ing EVGA come the 17th then.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

ive got a 1080gtx that plays everything i currently play without issue, so im gonna hold back a bit for prices to get down

Death Stranding is the only game I play that really pushes it

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Yeah I just got a 1070ti like 18 months ago so I'll likely wait and see.

Or buy someone's 2080.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I am running an ATI Radeon R390. I guess it's probably time to look at building a new desktop.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
I’ve had a 1080 for about four years, so I’m most definitely going to get a 3080 as soon as it drops. I’ll also use that as an excuse to finally build that water cooling loop I’ve been meaning to get.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
I upgraded to a 1070, I think it's still ok. I know I need a new monitor.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Anyone into Ace Combat, they cranked up the DLC machine again after the insane response to the 3 DLC missions. No missions this time around, but more of the superplanes from previous games, and a bunch of skins and other poo poo to weeb about.

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?
Wasteland 3 came out last Friday and while it has some bugs its great. The music is insanely atmospheric.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

tony hawk on friday

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Ataxerxes posted:

Wasteland 3 came out last Friday and while it has some bugs its great. The music is insanely atmospheric.

PSA both Crusader Kings 3 and Wasteland 3 are on Xbox Gamepass for PC

$1 for the first month

Both are good games btw

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

tony hawk on friday

The demo was pretty solid so I have high hopes.

Also that documentary I posted about it was pretty solid, highly recommend. Gave me new found admiration for Rodney Mullen and Steve Caballero in addition to the Birdman.

Hegel Exercises
Apr 25, 2019

Too fair to worship, too divine to love...

Ask me about staying up until 6am playing Incest and Intrigue 3 :cripes:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nah I’m good

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

so Game of Thrones, the videogame right

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Bunch of new Switch/Mario games just got announced
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1301511918771867649

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Bummed that Super Mario 3D All Stars won't have Galaxy 2

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Nintendo Sixty Fooooouuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFlcqWQVVuU

Hekk fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Sep 3, 2020

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

im guessing come march 21st we're gonna have gamecube or n64 switch online

Boofy
Sep 11, 2001

i had a wingman in war thunder a few days ago named something like [GIP] chudstomper58, which one of you guys was that lol

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
lol HCT

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

I beat Death Stranding. 175 hours, all preppers 5'd and found about 1/2 the memories

I enjoyed the hell out of it. Slow burn of a story, some incredible moments and visuals, and just a good time.

If you ever wanted to Kojima like the cool kids but getting into MGS is too much of a struggle then play this. It's purestrain kojima doing what he wants and how he wants to.

If the rumors are true that Kojima's working on a Netflix series for it then I'm down.

His choice of actors was incredible for this. Every actor chosen gave the story substance and really benefitted the story. A hard, HARD especially on this was Guillermo Del Toro, who exists to be basically the most perfect Kojima character possible. Just really wonderful casting and acting, way more than I'd ever expect from a game.

The social aspect of the game was great, and I absolutely love the reason for Likes being a game mechanic. And the reasoning why your canteen filters water into clean refreshing Monster Energy

So yeah its good.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
When I’m in my car and see a dog, I say “Like!” because Kojima broke my brain.

Also your BB gets happy if you set a raccoon as a building hologram

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i got way more attached to BB than i hoped i would

BB fuckin rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

mlmp08 posted:

When I’m in my car and see a dog, I say “Like!” because Kojima broke my brain.

https://twitter.com/Chaotic_Defiler/status/1301782867580792832