Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

Throwing 15 grenades seems to be one tactic a lot of the shitlords I shoot in the face like to do.

You lose 100% of the grenades you carry into raid, might as well wildly throw them at the first sign of danger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
The more people you kill in PvP, the less people there are to shoot you on your way to your extract while you're filled to the tits with good loot. You can't get whammied by another player if they're all dead

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I've learned about the Labs, where apparently some awful poo poo is going on, and the occult markings at specific places on the maps.

Are they going to be adding supernatural or scifi type stuff at some point or is this just all background lore?

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

I've learned about the Labs, where apparently some awful poo poo is going on, and the occult markings at specific places on the maps.

Are they going to be adding supernatural or scifi type stuff at some point or is this just all background lore?

There is some sort of semi-secret plan to add cultists that ambush you.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

There are indicators on your character screen for poison and radiation damage. I wonder if their will be plague zones or something.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

https://amp.reddit.com/r/EscapefromTarkov/comments/8m4qgt/is_anyone_else_super_excited_for_the_cultist_ai/

It's going to be a "thing" of some sort

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Probably, they already got some fantasy MMO elements in like with the item enchantments and buff potions.

I'm hoping they do elemental dmg enchantments for guns or bullets and then corresponding resist enchantments for armor at the very least.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

This is pretty neat. I dunno if I'd want them going too far into fantastic stuff but cultists with different AI could be cool.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

This is pretty neat. I dunno if I'd want them going too far into fantastic stuff but cultists with different AI could be cool.

the closer it gets to STALKER the happier I'll be :)

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

today I learned that Killa is hostile to player scavs

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

today I learned that Killa is hostile to player scavs

Sometimes if his guards see you they will chase your rear end down to cap you.

Edit:
VVVVVVV
thinking about reshala.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Aug 29, 2020

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Mr Hootington posted:

Sometimes if his guards see you they will chase your rear end down to cap you.

Tell me more about Killa's guards

ComradeBigT
Sep 9, 2014
Gluhar's guards and the other raider spawns on Reserve aren't immediately hostile to scavs. Some times if you're in their little area they'll run over and shout at you, and if you dont run they'll shoot you.

As far as I'm aware though, all the raider bosses will shoot any player on sight.

On an unrelated note, is anyone else running into an issue on scav runs where everything is marked as found in raid until you leave? I've looted a whole number of things this wipe that showed the little found in raid check mark, only to have it disappear as soon as I extract. I think I can safely assume it all is stuff brought in by players (and I'm normally looting it off their corpses), but when I have a bunch of stuff from raiders and players for example, it's pretty dumb to only realize i cant sell it on the market after I'm fully extracted.

Fancy_Lad
May 15, 2003
Would you like to buy a monkey?

ComradeBigT posted:

On an unrelated note, is anyone else running into an issue on scav runs where everything is marked as found in raid until you leave? I've looted a whole number of things this wipe that showed the little found in raid check mark, only to have it disappear as soon as I extract. I think I can safely assume it all is stuff brought in by players (and I'm normally looting it off their corpses), but when I have a bunch of stuff from raiders and players for example, it's pretty dumb to only realize i cant sell it on the market after I'm fully extracted.

I finally found the last Blackrock I needed on a body in dorms and had this happen to me. All the gear that came off that body, but only that body lost FIR when I got to the scav loot transfer screen (not stuff from an AI scav I had killed earlier). Not happy there...

Had it happen again yesterday, again in dorms, I killed the guy who I believe killed Reshala. All the gear I scooped off the bodies with the exception of the Golden TT lost FIR at the transfer screen.

I don't think I've seen it anywhere else but dorms and I want to say just on Reshala and his guards, but I haven't been scaving all that much.

Fancy_Lad fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Aug 29, 2020

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
Stuff players bring in will show found in raid for scavs currently until you exfil. For the time being you should assume items found on dead PMCs are not going to be fir.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
The idea that anything I find in the raid isn't marked FiR is dumb. It's not called "Spawned in Raid" or "Raid Instanced" or whatever. But I also think the whole concept of FiR is terrible so :shrug:

Also my new favorite thing is discord arguments with teammates because one person hears something 2 other don't because of the glitchy terrible audio in this game.

Lot of streamers seem to be souring on the game until the devs actually fix some real problems. They don't listen to the players so maybe they'll listen to the people who made the game popular. They do on everything else.

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Aug 29, 2020

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

ChesterJT posted:

The idea that anything I find in the raid isn't marked FiR is dumb. It's not called "Spawned in Raid" or "Raid Instanced" or whatever. But I also think the whole concept of FiR is terrible so :shrug:

Also my new favorite thing is discord arguments with teammates because one person hears something 2 other don't because of the glitchy terrible audio in this game.

Lot of streamers seem to be souring on the game until the devs actually fix some real problems. They don't listen to the players so maybe they'll listen to the people who made the game popular. They do on everything else.

its the precursor to more elaborate magic enchantment systems

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
After trying to play again and finding that the patch really hosed things up on top of all the other issues I've decided that Titanfall 2 and Rust are both decisively better games.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Things I did in Tarkov today:

- After 17 total raids as my PMC, finally killed another PMC. I was beginning to think I'd never do it.
- Got a fractured leg in the middle of the Woods and then realized I forgot to bring splints or painkillers
- Limping along in Woods, stumbled into a marked area and looted a weird assault rifle (DT MDR) that didn't seem to have any kind of sight attached when I aimed down it. It felt like my dude was holding it at a really weird angle too
- Killed a scav and he had ibuprofen!!!!
- made it out and immediately decided to call it quits for the night cuz always end on a high note

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Is there a good text based guide that has decent loadouts?

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

- After 17 total raids as my PMC, finally killed another PMC. I was beginning to think I'd never do it.
- Got a fractured leg in the middle of the Woods and then realized I forgot to bring splints or painkillers
- Limping along in Woods, stumbled into a marked area and looted a weird assault rifle (DT MDR) that didn't seem to have any kind of sight attached when I aimed down it. It felt like my dude was holding it at a really weird angle too
- made it out and immediately decided to call it quits for the night cuz always end on a high note

That's pretty close to Peak Tarkov right there, awesome :)

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

100% the reason Tarkov is such an addicting rush. Barely surviving a raid is edge of your seat stuff. Glad you're having fun with it.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Gabriel S. posted:

Is there a good text based guide that has decent loadouts?

Are you looking for gun presets? Or what gear to wear?

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Hunter+6b3tm

A guide by Ixtlilton

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

TheTofuShop posted:

Are you looking for gun presets? Or what gear to wear?

Basically, everything without having to watch several 15-minute YouTube videos or one super long video how damage works.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Penis helmet (ssh-68)
anything with VEPR in the name and good ammo
6b3TM

Raybench sunglasses

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the ww2 helmet
a paca
pp-19
bank robber

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Gabriel S. posted:

Basically, everything without having to watch several 15-minute YouTube videos or one super long video how damage works.

Ix's suggestion is perfectly suitable. If you're looking for more, tell us a bit about how you play/what you want to do. Part of the beauty of this game is the variety of options.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

More so trying to figure out which attachments are worth it and which ones aren't.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

pp-19 completely stock and spray wildly at the legs

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Gabriel S. posted:

More so trying to figure out which attachments are worth it and which ones aren't.

Uh...can you give us any specifics here? Looking at a certain platform in particular? Trying to snipe? Dump mags with no recoil? Whats your budget? Have you unlocked all trader levels?

Otherwise, you generally want recoil to go down and ergo to go up. Weight is also a factor.

If youre looking for a written up comprehensive guide to how attachments work and which are better than others, I dont know of one that exists. The wiki has most of that info though. :shrug:

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

My allrounder budget ak build was always

ak74
bastion dust cover
cobra sight
zenit dtk-1 muzzle
zenit B10
RK4 foregrip
standard stock
buttpad
standard grip
bt ammo

Weapon mods are all available from traders level 2, so pretty cheap. Has okish recoil and ergo is good.

AK74M not included

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Aug 31, 2020

Grinspork
Jun 20, 2004

DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED
they basically nerfed all guns to require mods to get what they were before they needed as many mods.

but an ak with the butt pad is a massive help 90% of the time

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Attachments are really down to preference. Watch what other people put on theirs a lot- and find out what you're comfortable using. Some people think a stock AK-74 is fine and manage the recoil, some need to put 200k rubles of parts on it. Most are somewhere in the middle, and add a few cheap things like the rubber butt pad. Best way to find out what those parts are is to look at what other people have on their guns, because the variety is overwhelming and much of it is poo poo value.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

aniviron posted:

Attachments are really down to preference. Watch what other people put on theirs a lot- and find out what you're comfortable using. Some people think a stock AK-74 is fine and manage the recoil, some need to put 200k rubles of parts on it. Most are somewhere in the middle, and add a few cheap things like the rubber butt pad. Best way to find out what those parts are is to look at what other people have on their guns, because the variety is overwhelming and much of it is poo poo value.

It all depends on your recoil skill. If you’re level 1 it’s gonna be lovely but by the time you’re 40 you’ll feel like you’ve got it down. But it’s really you’re recoil skill.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I put the wood handguard on the PP-19 not because it is amazing, but because it makes me happy.

(https://escapefromtarkov.gamepedia.com/Wooden_CAF_WASR_10-63_handguard)

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

been getting into this channel's videos lately. mostly low budget or zero to hero runs done in a fragmovie style. no streamer chatty poo poo, just chill tunes and some nice frags.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYIZ9KfsrqY

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ive posted that guy like 50 times he owns

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Stux posted:

ive posted that guy like 50 times he owns

bummed I'm late to the party and missed it!!! his playstyle is fun as hell to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Today's objective was to acquire a Customs key and complete Delivery from the Past.

Never been into factory before so I scavved in to have a look around and got lucky and found the key immediately. Made it out, nice and easy.

Took me two tries to get the docs from Customs, but that's how it do.

Figured after that fairly easy scav run in Factory doing it as a PMC couldn't be too bad. Reality crashed into me about six seconds after I loaded in. Fastest I've ever died so far. My precious documents are gone :saddowns:

This feels like kind of a mean quest to hit a newbie with. But I will persevere.