Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Len posted:

Hey E Gad how about instead of telling me to be patient and lightning bulb the polterkitty you tell me what mechanic I'm missing to get it off the roof

Have you tried looking through the hotel for rooms you may not have searched?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Captain Hygiene posted:

Have you tried looking through the hotel for rooms you may not have searched?

The mechanic was to just not look but so far that's the worst encounter in the game

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

food court bailiff posted:

FF:CC is a no-go for me from the jump because it doesn’t have local multiplayer, which was like...the whole point of the original. Like, poo poo, I’ll just keep playing Diablo 3 with my wife I guess. I was looking forward to it until I found out it was online only.

Hahahahahhahaha whaaaaat?

I’ve been disregarding all the multiplayer complaints because I’ve been planning on playing it at home, on the couch, with my kid.

A game designed to be played thus, a game slightly remastered for apparently terrible online use, lacks loving couch co-op?

What in the goddamn hell?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Continuing to think the Batmobile isn't inherently bad but is used badly in Arkham Knight. Nothing points that out like flying across town to do a plot-relevant Riddler Batmobile challenge that you don't feel like doing, only for Batman to say I LEFT IT ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE BRIDGE, I HAVE TO GO BACK AND GET IT IN PERSON :argh:

e: the one saving grace is how cheerfully Riddler gives you poo poo for constantly dying and resurrecting during his challenges, I'm pretty sure he knows he's in a game

Captain Hygiene has a new favorite as of 02:45 on Aug 31, 2020

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Tall Tale Teller posted:

a game slightly remastered for apparently terrible online use

Hey now, the multiplayer system in the remake works pretty well, assuming you want to have your own solo playthrough that just randomly does an individual dungeon with friends or pubbies.

Oh, what's that? You want to do a full playthrough in coop, like what the original was built for? No, that's literally impossible.

In terms of little things dragging the remake down: when you enter a level there's a little bit of narration, then a brief animation of a fancy handwritten version of the dungeon's name. Although the names here were written in english even in the original japanese release, they redid them for NA, since the japanese names were sometimes spelled slightly differently, or had different name.

But in the remaster I guess they just forgot about that, because we get the japanese version of the text now.

top: original NA intro
bottom: remaster NA intro

None of them are wrong per se, the worst it gets is calling the mushroom forest the fungi forest. Still, it's annoying that the names are now slightly off, especially when this is something they already fixed in the original.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Captain Hygiene posted:

Continuing to think the Batmobile isn't inherently bad but is used badly in Arkham Knight. Nothing points that out like flying across town to do a plot-relevant Riddler Batmobile challenge that you don't feel like doing, only for Batman to say I LEFT IT ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE BRIDGE, I HAVE TO GO BACK AND GET IT IN PERSON :argh:

e: the one saving grace is how cheerfully Riddler gives you poo poo for constantly dying and resurrecting during his challenges, I'm pretty sure he knows he's in a game

Turning Riddler into Jigsaw was a great move and I hope they stick with it in the movie

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

The finale to Riddler's sidequest in Arkham City was amazing, no wonder he's so pissed off he'd rather just build deathtraps and a robot to kick your rear end

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Where In The World Is Carmen San Diego:

Why is it up to me find where Carmen has hidden what she's stolen instead of the NYPD making sure someone doesn't steal the Statue of Liberty?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Why is it up to me find where Carmen has hidden what she's stolen instead of the NYPD making sure someone doesn't steal the Statue of Liberty?

Carmen has stolen the molten nickel-iron core of planet Earth. Stopping her in the act is impossible, and you don't play her game you won't find the loot.

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008
Articulate your needs. I'm here to listen.

Your Gay Uncle posted:

If the BLM movement is able to de-fund the police, this is the world we'll be living in. Giant monuments will be stolen everyday.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Cops don't prevent crime

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

jjack229 posted:

If the BLM movement is able to de-fund the police, this is the world we'll be living in. Giant monuments will be stolen everyday.

Tropico taught me all that takes is one tinpot dictator and a dream.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
If someone has the resources to steal the Statue of Liberty and the desire to do so, I don't see any reason to stop them.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I just found out there's an animated action-y Netflix remake focusing on Carmen's exploits, I kinda want to check it out if it gets into monument-stealing logistics.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Captain Hygiene posted:

I just found out there's an animated action-y Netflix remake focusing on Carmen's exploits, I kinda want to check it out if it gets into monument-stealing logistics.

Sadly it's a prequel, and not really up to the old animated series.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

https://youtu.be/s1EIUP8tvbE

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Tunicate posted:

Sadly it's a prequel, and not really up to the old animated series.

Huh, I legit don't remember that serious existing, I thought it was only the game shows.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!

More like oldinstrumentless

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Sunswipe posted:

If someone has the resources to steal the Statue of Liberty and the desire to do so, I don't see any reason to stop them.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Captain Hygiene posted:

Huh, I legit don't remember that serious existing, I thought it was only the game shows.

As far as 90's animated series go, it's pretty great. They poached animation talent from the DCAU (like the producer of Mask of The Phantasm), put a lot of effort into making it an interesting show instead of a paint-by-numbers educational tie-in, and even got an Emmy for their efforts.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Something I just realized: so is that Krang brain in the robot a super-sized Krang, or is it just part of that giant robot that is also controlled by the regular-sized Krang inside?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Morpheus posted:

Something I just realized: so is that Krang brain in the robot a super-sized Krang, or is it just part of that giant robot that is also controlled by the regular-sized Krang inside?

Well, in the original TMNT cartoon, there was an episode (possibly the first one Krang has the suit instead of just the little three-wheeled brain-stool?) it has a chip inside that can make it grow, but then the turtles break it. With the chip, both the suit AND Krang himself grew, so it the game follows that same logic, then yes, it is a giant Krang.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

DrBouvenstein posted:

Well, in the original TMNT cartoon, there was an episode (possibly the first one Krang has the suit instead of just the little three-wheeled brain-stool?) it has a chip inside that can make it grow, but then the turtles break it. With the chip, both the suit AND Krang himself grew, so it the game follows that same logic, then yes, it is a giant Krang.
I don't like any of that.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Morpheus posted:

Maybe Statue of Liberty is actually smaller than how it's usually depicted in media.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

It was the small one in Vegas. Still reasonably impressive I guess, but...

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

jjack229 posted:

You have to pay extra to get a monument theft prevention expert. The Nobby Nobbs and Fred Colons of the world don't come cheap

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Is there a backstory as to why Krang's android body resembles some third-rate wrestling heel?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Is there a backstory as to why Krang's android body resembles some third-rate wrestling heel?

Krang is bas rutten's final form. He got rid of his only weakness by removing his liver.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I’ve never played any collectible card games, real or digital, besides Hearthstone. Do all of them have cards that create cards that create cards that create cards that...? I’ve been on a losing streak against decks that do that.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
A lot of them make cards or tokens (which are basically cards) yeah and they’re universally pretty strong. Card advantage is such a powerful mechanic in card games that it’s hard to balance around.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Dr Christmas posted:

I’ve never played any collectible card games, real or digital, besides Hearthstone. Do all of them have cards that create cards that create cards that create cards that...? I’ve been on a losing streak against decks that do that.

MtG sure does. It's a strategy of several of my partner's decks.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It feels like mobile games are kind of cheating for this thread but I started playing Game of Thrones: Tale of Crows and it is kind of neat but really hurt by invisible timers limiting how much you can actually play it. The idea behind the game is that you start out as the Lord Commander of the Night's Watch and then move on to his successor once that story beat is done. The gameplay is you making decisions on events popping up on various maps with decisions changing based on who you have assigned to deal with various duties. It is a fairly slight game but well written and the production values are good.

The problem is that unless you're in the middle of a story beat you can only play for a couple of minutes before the game tells you that you don't have anything else to do right now and to come back later (but not when you can come back as it doesn't put timers on anything.) Maybe this off and on playstyle works better on a phone but I'm playing the ipad version and it is just annoying there.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Dr Christmas posted:

Only when things get awesome

"Just like Richard Garfield imagined it"

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Well, that looks exhausting.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

AngryRobotsInc posted:

MtG sure does. It's a strategy of several of my partner's decks.

From what I know it used to be a big part of Yu-Gi-Oh's meta (basically around the era where that was huge, rather than just 'huge for a card game'), although these days it's moved away from huge amounts of tokens and more into galaxy brain card combos.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Morpheus posted:

Well, that looks exhausting.

That's only because each of those cards doesn't have their own animation and sound effect like in Arena. :downs:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Boxman posted:

Only when things get awesome

"Just like Richard Garfield imagined it"

I dunno what it is about Magicks, but this just looks like a Mondrian painting to me.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Cards that create cards is baby stuff. Cards that create entire games within the game is real MtG.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Cards that create cards is baby stuff. Cards that create entire games within the game is real MtG.

If that card wasn't an absurd amount of money and banned in every format I play I would have a deck designed to get into as many subgames as I possibly can because I am a monster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Len posted:

If that card wasn't an absurd amount of money and banned in every format I play I would have a deck designed to get into as many subgames as I possibly can because I am a monster

In the distant past, before they limited you to four copies of a card in your deck, 50x Mox Pearl and 50x Shahrazad was a strong but hideously painful deck (you win because in the sub-sub-sub-sub-sub-sub-sub-sub-games your opponent (who started with a 60 card deck) runs out of cards. Or rather, you win because your opponent can't face the prospect of several hundred thousand subgames)

Qwertycoatl has a new favorite as of 18:59 on Sep 2, 2020