Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
honey is just bourgeois sugar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

christmas boots posted:

yeah well get back to work

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

hawowanlawow posted:

yeah well get back to work

ok :(

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

christmas boots posted:

Sugar is bourgeois honey, more like.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Baby humans are never cute.

Shibawanko posted:

nutella is clearly an utterly disgusting substance. amsterdam is now full of "nutella shops" where they sell horrible waffles and churros smothered in that poo poo to tourists but i can't understand that these are popular. eating nutella is as barbaric as littering

Agreed.

Shibawanko posted:

peanut butter made of 100% peanuts is good but anything with added sugar is bad

Also agreed.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
lol at being smug at other people when your capital is now famous for selling nutella.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

if youre going to eat poo poo like that at least eat nudossi which contains non-trace amounts of hazelnut

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Nultella has a good flavor but agreed it's 500% too sweet.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I can't believe I'm saying this but New York is actually the greatest city in the world

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I can't believe I'm saying this but New York is actually the greatest city in the world

New York City is a great place to visit but a loving terrible place to live.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

the best city is tokyo. the best city in a western country is probably berlin

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
If I've learned nothing else about world culture from SA, then at least I've learned that the greatest city on earth is Des Moines.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

hahaha :rip:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Young people who have too much anxiety to use a telephone for voice calls need to learn to not have that much anxiety

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I believe it's spelled A N X I E T Y

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Pick posted:

Young people who have too much anxiety to use a telephone for voice calls need to learn to not have that much anxiety

I’m just glad that otherwise adult professional people like myself still say “uh” a lot

As long as we’re on the same level

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Anxiety is just a fancy word for "not wanting to do something." That's why people want to do Xanax. Because it's the opposite of anxiety.

Science is so loving cool!

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
something something iowa chop

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Pick posted:

its not anxiety, its impatience. having to make a call to get something done is like being asked to send a fax or calculate on an abacus

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I don't answer the phone if I don't know the number because they're all just scam calls. And if you pick up they'll only call you three times as much.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

if youve lived with your parents for any length of time after you've become an adult answering the phone becomes very annoying, since it's usually one out of a conga line of old people who want to know everything about you but whom you don't care about at all

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Who talks on the phone anymore? Do you wait for lightning to strike a tree to make a fire and club dinosaurs to death with, well, with a club too?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

If no one talks on the phone anymore how come I’m always on hold for 30 minutes?!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
"Strangers with Candy"'s noblet and jellinek are far more relatable than any gay couple they stapled to "modern family"

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Pick posted:

Old people who insist that talking on the phone isn't the worst form of communication are just jealous that kids won't have to suffer as they did. Phoning people was always terrible, there just wasn't any real alternative until texting and email became ubiquitous.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

it sucks that you don't have a record of a conversation unless you want to write things down with your phone under your chin or something, if it's something about work i want to be able to review it

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Shibawanko posted:

it sucks that you don't have a record of a conversation unless you want to write things down with your phone under your chin or something, if it's something about work i want to be able to review it
For work stuff (or dealing with businesses in any but the most straight-forward manner) I always ask for stuff to be emailed to me. Like, have the discussion, but at the end of it just ask them to write whatever conclusion we came to in an email and send it to me. That way there's a record, and it also makes it immediately clear if there was a misunderstanding about what was supposed to happen.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Megadeth is better than Metallica.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

doverhog posted:

I could not deal with the fact that when Megadeth pulled out of their spiral and started writing some songs that sounded really great again, the lyrics turned into some real Alex Jones adjacent bullshit.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

I should've said I guess that I just mean the music not the lyrics. Metallica always had better lyrics, but I usually don't listen to music for the lyrics. PJ Harvey tho, is a poet.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

doverhog posted:

I didn't realize this opinion was unpopular, and I agree.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
The best metal band is Babymetal.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

doverhog posted:

Like, almost anything is better than Metallica. I don't know if I'd go as far as to say I'd rather listen to the Rolling Stones than Metallica but it's pretty close.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Love Babymetal, the instrumentation is great, and love the vocals too. If you wanted to criticize, it's very produced. IMO the songwriter and composer should be on stage either playing an instrument or singing.

I know Babymetal is a different thing, and that's fine. Love it.

Ok Jerry, but do you like that type of music to begin with? Metallica has some good songs in their old albums.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

doverhog posted:

Ok Jerry, but do you like that type of music to begin with? Metallica has some good songs in their old albums.

What "type" - bad music? No I don't like bad music. Metallica is mostly boring as heck even compared to other MOR bands and the older stuff is only so-so.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Metallica was decent to good through Master of Puppets, and they’ve sucked out loud since then.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

3D Megadoodoo posted:

What "type" - bad music? No I don't like bad music. Metallica is mostly boring as heck even compared to other MOR bands and the older stuff is only so-so.

Old thrash metal is the type I was thinking.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
All metal/rock is bad, but this probably aint the right thread for this opinion since it's a popular one

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Metal being unpopular is a part of the charm. gently caress you dad, and society.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The only people who like metal and rock nowadays are dads