Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
1986??? more like nineteen eighty-sux!!!!!!

edit: i've never been more owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

George Kansas posted:

lmao

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

George Kansas posted:

It's beautiful.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

George Kansas posted:

Strong av synergy on this as well

Apparently the rest of the forums is insane and this is a good time to remind everyone that I'm merk

ilmucche fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Aug 26, 2020

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

ilmucche posted:

Strong av synergy on this as well

Apparently the rest of the forums is insane and this is a good time to remind everyone that I'm merk

hi merk I'm dad

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CCKeane posted:

It's beautiful.

Hi CCKeane :kiddo:

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I'll play a game if one shows up. One of my daughters is like 8 weeks old though and the almost 2 year old is toddlering hard so I may be distracted.

I hear Lowtax is bad, what's new with everyone?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I'll play a game if one shows up. One of my daughters is like 8 weeks old though and the almost 2 year old is toddlering hard so I may be distracted.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3938176

this one is taking sign ups

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Holy Jesus has it been nearly 2 years already? I remember when she was on the way!

Also hey buddy, glad to hear you're doing well!

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Podima posted:

Holy Jesus has it been nearly 2 years already? I remember when she was on the way!

Also hey buddy, glad to hear you're doing well!

I guess it has, time flies! Two girls, moved to upstate NY, taught some college classes, fun times. No sleep though! How you guys doin'?

I would but my sleep-deprived brain hurts when I try to figure out the rules.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I would but my sleep-deprived brain hurts when I try to figure out the rules.

As I seem to understand it, it's basically a temple game but with teams of 3 instead of 2.

And instead of 2v2 it's the one individual challenger vs a team of 3

Also some OPG "nope" powers in play

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Click that for a game of mafia

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Steak posted:

scientastic should join this game.

get in here. where are you? get in

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Mr. Steak posted:

get in here. where are you? get in

I don’t really get the rules

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3938491

One spot left!

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Missed it :(

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Squiggly posted:

Missed it :(

I'll put you down as a sub

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CapitalistPig posted:

:wink:

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

CapitalistPig posted:

More of a dom :shobon:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

AUTHORITY [Medium: Success] - Don't just sit there while these *other* games are being promoted! You need to assert yourself!

Disco Elysiumafia, a small game for 7 players, is now taking signups. No huge rush though, as the game won't begin for at least a week.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Bifauxnen posted:

AUTHORITY [Medium: Success] - Don't just sit there while these *other* games are being promoted! You need to assert yourself!

Disco Elysiumafia, a small game for 7 players, is now taking signups. No huge rush though, as the game won't begin for at least a week.

Communism killed mafia

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Communism killed mafia

communism just keeps getting better and better

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

flerp posted:

my son what has cpig done to you :(

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

flerp posted:

Post/av combo

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

flerp posted:

That's a sadvatar

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Communism killed mafia

But love did it in

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Communism killed mafia

Sorry

The worst submarine
Apr 26, 2010

So my discord has done 2 mafia games, people have enjoyed so far but it's also been intense. I want to try running a friendlier game where people can at least talk for the entire game. I'm looking at either Two Rooms and a Boom or Blood on the Clocktower. I think they'd be fun over text but we have a ~mafia purist~ that isn't sure... are they right?!?!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Two Rooms and a Boom would work pretty well in Discord, as long as your moderator is good at not loving up permissions. Definitely better than it did in the forums.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

The worst submarine posted:

So my discord has done 2 mafia games, people have enjoyed so far but it's also been intense. I want to try running a friendlier game where people can at least talk for the entire game. I'm looking at either Two Rooms and a Boom or Blood on the Clocktower. I think they'd be fun over text but we have a ~mafia purist~ that isn't sure... are they right?!?!

We've played blood on the clocktower before on discord and it's worked well enough IMO. I don't remember that much but I thought it was enjoyable but maybe lent itself to being more of a solvable game iirc which I don't like.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Anyone want to run a quick game by chance? I’m in the Jury Duty game but that looks like it might not go for a while. And in cpig’s (excellent) game, D1 was a bloodbath so there are probably some people who freed up.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Hello mafia friends, posted this in discord but gonna put it here too, looking for one more for fantasy football, drafting tomorrow at 730pm Eastern. Let me know if you are interested, thanks!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Won’t someone come play the beautiful game with us

Max
Nov 30, 2002

PMush Perfect posted:

Two Rooms and a Boom would work pretty well in Discord, as long as your moderator is good at not loving up permissions. Definitely better than it did in the forums.

Two Rooms and a Boom would work perfectly on discord, that's true. I remember having to use the honor system to not look back on days you weren't in a thread when it was ran on the forums, which was kind of finicky.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines has ended in an Anarch and Mortal aligned victory!

On to the next game!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3939952

Join if you like music!

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Wow, that one filled up fast, looks like a cool game

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Disco Elysiumafia has ended in a...

SCUM victory!

The worst submarine
Apr 26, 2010

The worst submarine posted:

We played 2rooms over 6 days (24 hour rounds and 24 hour break), it went really well! The first day was busy but it did peter out for the last two. Bomber team got crushed, the President took control of his own room really quickly and the Bomber-majority room was too distrustful to do much. Every neutral player ended up winning too! 16 players, 6 president/6 bomber/4 neutral.

I definitely liked that everyone got to participate for the whole thing, but would like the players to be more involved for the whole game. We might try blood on the clocktower next!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

This game needs a replacement! It's still D1, you should come check it out - you'll even get to be in a masonry with cool people!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky
Does anyone have a town of salem key they'd want to trade away?