Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Coffee?
This poll is closed.
Yay! 54 34.39%
Nay. 43 27.39%
O-kay? 24 15.29%
Whatever. 36 22.93%
Total: 157 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

It would be nice if they could revive the anime as well as there’s a few stories they never got around to covering but we’ll see.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Aug 31, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

littleorv posted:

Happy page 100 anime chat thread

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Motto posted:

https://twitter.com/ultimatemegax/status/1300267501171900416?s=19

e: actually it's just compiling existing shorts from other sources plus one original section, lol

wha-*fake edit* oh

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
Wait, Haruhi didn't end with novel 11? Btw this means there was a 7 year gap between releases.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

😔

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Black Mage Knight posted:

Wait, Haruhi didn't end with novel 11? Btw this means there was a 7 year gap between releases.

Well it’s not entirely unprecedented (Slayers started up again a little while ago after a long hiatus after all).

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Zeether posted:

Aloe isn't coming back because Hololive found out she livestreamed with her 2D model before her debut + she wasn't mentally prepared to start https://twitter.com/hololive_En/status/1300236867040882690

Sucks to hear this, hope she can go on to better things

El Burbo posted:

cover bad

Yeah I don’t really care about the corporation backing hololive, it can go to hell for all I care. I just want the steamers to do well.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

The new section is like 250 pages and it's only compiling two existing shorts into it as well so it's not like there's nothing new here.

In any case, Haruhi is actually back, who woulda guessed? :aaaaa:

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Dang I guess I need to read up on all the hololive drama now that I'm watching this poo poo thanks to you all.

Where do I even start?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Forget sad things like that, it’s miku’s birthday :toot:

https://youtu.be/EiP4UsDagw4

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Don’t forget to tune into her birthday stream!

https://events.ongaaccel.jp/mikusync2020/index.html

And look at this cake

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Ok but can you eat her feet

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Motto posted:

e: actually it's just compiling existing shorts from other sources plus one original section, lol

Seems like it's that but also a new novel too?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Tabletops posted:

Ok but can you eat her feet

Whoa, getting wild here

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C337shIT9LI

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I’d embed a twitter vid of it if I could find one, Haruhi is up there with Bleach in being an insanely foundational anime for me

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
turns out I can still survive endless eight

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I still don’t understand why they felt the need to waste 8 episodes of an already very small season on an arc that could have been done in like 2 or 3 tops (especially when there were better stories they could have adapted in place of that).

That said, I still wouldn’t mind an anime revival one day since like I said, there’s still a bit of ground they haven’t covered (also Disappearance felt more like the prelude to a new story arc as opposed to the end of the series).

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

thats only if you consider it a waste, and not the work of art that it is

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Larryb posted:

I still don’t understand why they felt the need to waste 8 episodes of an already very small season on an arc that could have been done in like 2 or 3 tops (especially when there were better stories they could have adapted in place of that).

That said, I still wouldn’t mind an anime revival one day since like I said, there’s still a bit of ground they haven’t covered (also Disappearance felt more like the prelude to a new story arc as opposed to the end of the series).

They were greenlit for a movie on short notice and had to fill in the extra time somehow with the arc they originally planned to adapt.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

homeless snail posted:

thats only if you consider it a waste, and not the work of art that it is

More like work of fart

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

:nyoron:

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Alright, Endless Eight talk is my favorite talk.

Endless Eight is my favorite stretch of episodes in any anime ever and is one of the most incredible viewing experiences I've ever had.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I only watched the first and last episodes.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

you missed the good ones then

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
endless eight is an interesting experiment that has more effort put into it than you'd expect from what it is and while you can make many arguments about how it affects s2 i think it's a respectable decision purely for how weird and unprecedented it is and how literally nothing else has ever captured it in the same way

and i'm kinda not a particularly big haruhi fan, so that's not me getting like ultra defensive. i think s1 and s2 are decent and disappearance is cool

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
anyway i can't believe how hard higurashi s2 has turned me around from thinking it's an insultingly bad adaptation to thinking it's decent and interesting enough that i'm like, kinda bummed i didn't get to see the first half of the story adapted as well as or in a similar style to this. with more wiggle room, if they'd started on this kinda foot i think they could've legitimately made the old anime, if nothing else, a pretty vibrant adaptation

also the second op is so good that i almost dunno how the new anime can match up to it, it's a really beautiful opening that perfectly conveys the themes of higu as a story. the first op is kinda neat and super weird and stylish but op2 is like. defining. everything from the visuals to the lyrics. the whole last verse hits me a bit every time i hear it, and then you get to matsuribayashi and they do the final touch of revealing that rika is waving to hanyuu, who runs up and joins with everyone... good poo poo

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Motto posted:

Man, 2020 has been a really weird year.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Endless Eight was and remains terrible, and no amount of Stockholm Syndrome from people 10 years after the fact will change that.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Actually it's good,

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Super Jay Mann posted:

Endless Eight was and remains terrible, and no amount of Stockholm Syndrome from people 10 years after the fact will change that.

i watched it for the first time like three years ago grandpa

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

No guts no glory.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
watching kaguya s2.

it's wild how loving phenomenal the animation and art in this show is. season 1 was just as good.

a-1 really flexing in it.

also it's incredible still.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Tabletops posted:

watching kaguya s2.

it's wild how loving phenomenal the animation and art in this show is. season 1 was just as good.

a-1 really flexing in it.

also it's incredible still.

Sub or dub?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

im pogging the gently caress out over more haruhi

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
*one new short story compiled w/ multiple old ones

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
popping off for more tsuruya, however

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

I'm eagerly awaiting news that Ookami Mio won't be returning for another two months because Cover couldn't find Capcom's number to ask them to take down the copyright strikes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Motto posted:

As in, pulling shorts from the older novels? Like I get the need if it's to fill out the page count but that's still pretty funny.