Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
matt talking to any guest:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M_N2eeR338

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Liam hasn't closed up shop, as far as I know, he's just busy in game dev college living his best life.

I watch Pat and Woolie's stuff sometimes, and Liam's solo streams were great. The times Pat and Woolie either go for something very offbeat like Pat's Vampire: Bloodlines and Woolie's Thousand Year Door playthroughs, or the times they play things they really love like Resident Evil or Devil May Cry are enjoyable. Matt and Liam's collab LPs like Clock Tower 3 and the Sonic games are entertaining, but I don't watch Matt's scripted stuff much.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Marin Karin posted:

Wha Happun has such a bland presence that it strikes me as just someone dryly reading out the trivia/behind the scenes section of a game's wiki page.

Yeah it's...not good.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Nuns with Guns posted:

game dev college

Chase ur deams bro, but oh god why. Though given that the area they're in is lousy with dev studios that may not be the worst idea.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Liam put out a video recently saying that he’s gonna go back to doing prerecorded videos, at least for the time being

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Scrap Dragon posted:

Liam put out a video recently saying that he’s gonna go back to doing prerecorded videos, at least for the time being

My first thought was his crazy long Top 10 games of the year list, and I am excited for that.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Warbird posted:

Chase ur deams bro, but oh god why. Though given that the area they're in is lousy with dev studios that may not be the worst idea.

Liam apparently has some experience working on an indie title, his tester experience, plus Youtube fame. He's in a better position to enter gamedev than most.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Captain Invictus posted:

These crows talking about global warming and depletion of fossil fuels and downloading game apps through their FAT PIPES (in 2004!), what is this game lmao

That chapter 4 twist was so unbelievably good though, what an incredible game. They really need to let people go wild like this, this is legit the stuff of legendary games. The writing is so good too, and is genuinely hilarious

I'm pretty biased towards TTYD, just because it's one of my favorite RPGs of all time, but seeing what they were able to get away with in it and then looking at Origami King, it's just... disappointing, which isn't fair to OK. It looks like a solid game, but everything I've seen from it just feels like they're running as far from TTYD as they can.

Nintendo really needs to loosen their grip on the Mario franchise. Outside of Odyssey, the best Mario stuff the past few years has been coming out of the Mario Maker community, and that feels kind of sad

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Shinji2015 posted:

I'm pretty biased towards TTYD, just because it's one of my favorite RPGs of all time, but seeing what they were able to get away with in it and then looking at Origami King, it's just... disappointing, which isn't fair to OK. It looks like a solid game, but everything I've seen from it just feels like they're running as far from TTYD as they can.

that's true of origami king but it's not always a bad thing - Bobby is pretty much a cheeky jab at the fans' distaste for changing out all the uniquely designed sidekicks in favor of total generics, and part of the joke is that he's one of the most most charming and developed companions in the whole series. certainly more so than anyone in TTYD, the only one i remember liking in that game is my boy Koops

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Koops was an absolute nothing, less personality than the horny cloud. And imagine not liking Goombella.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Dabir posted:

Koops was an absolute nothing, less personality than the horny cloud. And imagine not liking Goombella.

yes but he was my absolute nothing, and i liked his hoodie. iirc he was also very helpful in the Pit of 100 Trials

goombella i remember little about, but i was remiss in not mentioning my rowdy green dinosaur son

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Oh, you mean VIOLENCE?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i named mine yoster

just wish i'd been able to fit the apostrophe in there

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I named him Yoss

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

I think, we should agree, that all companions in TTYD were Rad.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

if there's a ttyd companion I'd cut it's flurie, but the best is Goombella yes. Which is a consequence of her being the one who actually gets to talk the most.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

The Donkey Kong Jenga video has some primo Reggie content.

EDIT: I just realized Woolie heeling it up and getting hoisted by his own petard, while Reggie dances on his corpse, is everything I wanted from Dokapon but in Tablelords instead.

Neo_Crimson fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Sep 1, 2020

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Woolie and V beat Reach and are now doing MCC PC online multiplayer, just don't know for how long

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

The saga of getting the ghost through those hallways is the halo content I was craving from woolie

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
DONG DONG NEVER DIES x TOUHOU x HIGURASHI. IT IS TIME

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/730587954?t=1h53m34s

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVbfMll8-QE
WOOLIE. If you don't understand poo poo, SPECTATE and WATCH instead of listening to your wailing friends who ALSO don't understand poo poo.

Nevermind.

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Sep 5, 2020

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

please spectate and watch the thread

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

a cartoon duck posted:

please spectate and watch the forums

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

Grouchio posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVbfMll8-QE

WOOLIE. If you don't understand poo poo, SPECTATE and WATCH instead of listening to your wailing friends who ALSO don't understand poo poo.

Woolie should never play popular games he isn't into because he reveals the inside out brain spider of "I'm trying very hard to figure out this thing I'm absolutely terrible at"

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
When I watched the stream of that it seemed that he was just getting severely salty and tilted instead of just being terrible at the game, while clearly still being very bad at it.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Brightman posted:

When I watched the stream of that it seemed that he was just getting severely salty and tilted instead of just being terrible at the game, while clearly still being very bad at it.

pretty much the exact same reason i watch hololive fall guys videos

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Brightman posted:

"I'll cut when you stop creating content"

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I can't believe Woolie hacked his TTYD to validate his whole "Cross-Nauts" thing.

I totally forgot about that tattle, as I'm sure most people did.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Oxyclean posted:

I can't believe Woolie hacked his TTYD to validate his whole "Cross-Nauts" thing.

I totally forgot about that tattle, as I'm sure most people did.

I mean, it's a naughts-and-crosses joke. It always has been!

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

I mean, it's a naughts-and-crosses joke. It always has been!
It probably doesn't help I almost never hear it called that, but it makes a lot more sense in that context.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
What the actual gently caress was that "are you going to be like the black parents" question from pat in last week's podcast, wtf

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i feel like they pretty well handled it amongst themselves live on air and there's no benefit to getting exercised over it further

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Yeah Woolie called Pat out on it, Pat realized his mistake immediately and apologized.

Not sure what else could have been done besides not saying it in the first place.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah I'm listening to it now and posted that right after he said that, they did handle it well, it was just a very wtf moment

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It's possible that Pat might be an idiot goblin

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
Hm. I'm not sure if we have enough evidence to sustain that hypothesis just yet.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Captain Invictus posted:

Yeah I'm listening to it now and posted that right after he said that, they did handle it well, it was just a very wtf moment
For someone with such short legs, it's impressive how easily Pat can put his foot in his mouth :haw:

But yeah, wow. Any worse and he would have been asking, "Hey Woolie, what brand of cigarettes are you planning to go out to get?"

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

Oh, you mean VIOLENCE?

imagine not naming the yoshi Gerstman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lmaooooo, the incredible trip at the finish line of the thousand year door LP accidentally showing the emulator on screen for a few seconds because he had changed all his inputs so they could play that lovely touhou dong dong never die fighter, so when he went to exit the pause screen in TTYD it instead brought up the entire emulator window. :allears: