Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Fury Road against Beyond Thunderdome might as well be a bye.

If you had Fury Road v. Road Warrior...that’s interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Dan Rykert is not a real person. He's some kind of experiment to create a real life Forrest Gump

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

jesus WEP posted:

why would they turn corbin babyface? :confused:

:whitewater:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

If anything gets past The Raid: Redemption, they lyin. Raid 2 is better than most of the stuff on that list too.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Captain Magic posted:

If you had Fury Road v. Road Warrior...that’s interesting.

I love both but the former might be the outright winner of the entire tourney for me.

I absolutely loving love Crank as well and I'm happy to see it on the bracket.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Shard posted:

Are international movies in the running? Because off the top of my head Godzilla Final Wars, Outrage, Battle Royale, Hardcore Henry

There's no The Killer or A Better Tomorrow 1/2 but they have Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon so I guess they're only counting international movies that had wide theatrical releases in the U.S.

Seeing Commando reminds me of a great SA thread. There was a "change the soundtrack to a movie scene" thread, over a decade ago and one of the entries was the scene from Commando where he arms himself and the remix was music and sounds from The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. It was amazing and has stayed with me all these. The other great remix in that thread I remember was Mr.Glass from Unbreakable falling down the stairs in slow motion set to the 90s NBA on NBC theme. I laughed so hard at both of those, best of times SA.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Christ stfu

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Fury Road is probably my most rewatched movie of the last few years just because anytime it comes up I throw it on. It's a beautiful film.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Even though this stemmed from UUDD's podcast and it was a fun derail, we should probably get back on topic with wrestling podcasts now, at least until the episode anyway.

In that respect, Dave and Garrett had an interesting interview with Andreas Hale where among other things they talked about The Miz and BIG E on the corpse of Talking Smack, and how the Miz really just didn't seem to get what BIG E was talking about at all.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Aug 29, 2020

HPJoker
Oct 30, 2017
The Andreas Hale episode of WOR, unsurprisingly, very good.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Miz is the absolute most cult brainwormed person in WWE. Rollins doesn’t even come close

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Yeah Miz is just a broken man as far as his perspective on wrestling, and it's partly because it's worked out so well for him. But he cannot see outside of his experience.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

jesus WEP posted:

Miz is the absolute most cult brainwormed person in WWE. Rollins doesn’t even come close

I mean, he's not too cult brainwashed. It's annoying when he whines at not being champion, will never mention the things he lacks that would bring him to a higher level, but you know what's the biggest factor making him happy? Money.

Miz makes millions every year, same as Seth. The machine is frustrating, but when it pays you millions it's not all bad. Yelling at Big E that he feels his pain while earning many times as much was Bullshit.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Wazzu posted:

Yelling at Big E that he feels his pain while earning many times as much was Bullshit.

He does? Miz isn't really any higher on the card and has to be selling way less merch.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

He's been top champion before, is one of WWE's go to media guys and is white. It's almost certain that he's paid more.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

njsykora posted:

He's been top champion before, is one of WWE's go to media guys and is white. It's almost certain that he's paid more.

Don't forget the reality TV show he and Maryse do

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Aug 29, 2020

cauliflower jones
Nov 8, 2009
in my opinion of what makes a good pro wrestler, Miz is by far the worst professional wrestler on my list. he more than anybody has absorbed every aspect of wwe philosophy. he's been prominently featured for 20 years and he doesn't have a match or segment i would ever want to rewatch

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Maryse was funny as Nikki Bella. That's all I got.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

he had a fantastic match with dolph ziggler of all people in 2016

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Miz was hella racist on that season of the Real World he was on. The argument he got into with Big E wasn't too far off from one he had with his housemates almost 20 years ago.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Maryse was funny as Nikki Bella. That's all I got.

i can concede that the total bellas parodies are the only miz segments worth watching

now every mizdad segment and match? those are must sees

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

cauliflower jones posted:

in my opinion of what makes a good pro wrestler, Miz is by far the worst professional wrestler on my list. he more than anybody has absorbed every aspect of wwe philosophy. he's been prominently featured for 20 years and he doesn't have a match or segment i would ever want to rewatch

Time time he was playing a game on Up Up Down Down & started yelling & got told off on stream by his wife was a highlight I'd watch repeatedly.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

Time time he was playing a game on Up Up Down Down & started yelling & got told off on stream by his wife was a highlight I'd watch repeatedly.

The reaction of all the other guys watching was amazing during this whole segment.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Dango Bango posted:

The reaction of all the other guys watching was amazing during this whole segment.

I just watched this and Adam Cole's stuttering video makes his reactions even better.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

forkboy84 posted:

care to help a friend out with a link to this? It sounds amazing

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

jesus WEP posted:

care to help a friend out with a link to this? It sounds amazing

https://youtu.be/jY3u3l_j-kg

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh my God when she comes back a second time and everybody realizes what is happening :allears:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

lol this rules

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
So apparently Mizdad was doing taichi/ naked yoga, that’s what I heard during the talking down Maryse gave

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Was there an AEW show last night

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

no

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

ICHIBAHN posted:

Was there an AEW show last night

B&V are reviewing it tonight along with Payback

cauliflower jones
Nov 8, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

that rules, because i think Maryse is genuinely a good wwe performer

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Yeah I like Maryse a lot too. Zelina and Kip are the top valets right now but Maryse is right there if she comes back.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

She was pretty close to the perfect version of what the diva search could produce. Sexy, passable in the ring, heaps of personality.

I just thought it would be great to see like a tournament of the last generation coming back, then realised it would largely be popular with weirdos and hard to market.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Absolutely dying at this segment on the TIME most influential person of the 20th century with Hitler, Jesus, and Ric Flair.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Pylons posted:

Absolutely dying at this segment on the TIME most influential person of the 20th century with Hitler, Jesus, and Ric Flair.

Jesus wasn't alive in the 20th century!!!!!

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Edward Mass posted:

He is, in our hearts.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Numero6 posted:

He is, in our hearts.

Must be a protestant thing.

*edit*

Vinny's mini-freakout over NIa on all three brands was great.

Arbite fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Sep 1, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Edward Mass posted:

".... well.... I guess he's alive in every century technically...."

God I love Dave, that beautiful weird weightlifting wrestling robot.