Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

explosivo posted:

I was thinking about getting a friend of mine with Gamepass to check out Wasteland 3 with me but reading through the reviews on steam it sounds like co-op is busted as gently caress right now.

I don't necessarily care that much about coop, but I guess I'll give the single player a shot on gamepass. Just too many games out now that I have to make a choice about which "free" ones I'm gonna download.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Crusader Kings III's initial reviews are up, off to a strong start on that front at least.

Kanfy fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Aug 31, 2020

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

Better tutorials, richer experience, all the pre-release I've heard is good. I'm hyped.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Hell yeah, I'm sold on better tutorials. I learned more about playing CKII watching random youtube videos about getting started than what the game taught me.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Also free in game pass, which is... uh.

Game pass is really good I’m gonna be honest. I keep thinking I’ll cancel it but they keep giving me reasons not to.

Hypnospace Outlaw also came up on there recently.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I'm curious as to what game pass is gonna do with the inevitable avalanche of ckIII dlc.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Black Griffon posted:

Better tutorials, richer experience, all the pre-release I've heard is good. I'm hyped.
Nothing about font upsizing, though.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I'm curious as to what game pass is gonna do with the inevitable avalanche of ckIII dlc.

Pretty sure they just make you buy the game/DLC if you want anything other than the base game. I'm not sure if you could buy the DLC without the base game if you have it on Gamepass but I'm not sure why you would buy DLC for a game you don't technically own.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

You have to buy it, but I think there’s at least a discount.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

I'm gonna end up buying it anyway because having a Pdox game as a perishable product is just stupid.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Yeah I am planning to play it on Gamepass for now, when the first DLC comes out I also assume the base game will be cheaper to get anyway (outside of the Xbox ecosystem because lol at buying an game inside that app)

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
The offer is still a dollar first month, right?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Fargin Icehole posted:

The offer is still a dollar first month, right?

Yup! Also i found out from the MSFS launch that you can change the region to Kiribati to get access to the game a day early. Looks like it should be available later tonight EST if you want to change the region. That is, assuming it works the same way it did for Flight Sim.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Steam is now offering the EA Play subscription at $30 a year or $5 a month. I may pull the trigger but I need to read more about what it gives you.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

Steam is now offering the EA Play subscription at $30 a year or $5 a month. I may pull the trigger but I need to read more about what it gives you.

Oh poo poo I might do this for the Sims 4 alone for my S/O.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
It confused me for a little bit because I mistook Origin Access for EA Play. They are seperate subscription models. I think what you see in the advertising page on steam is what you get.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

Oh poo poo I might do this for the Sims 4 alone for my S/O.

I think you get a 10% discount on the $500 worth of DLC available...

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Fargin Icehole posted:

It confused me for a little bit because I mistook Origin Access for EA Play. They are seperate subscription models. I think what you see in the advertising page on steam is what you get.
?

or are you saying you get more games if you go through Origin?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

explosivo posted:

?

That's right. You get some other stuff In their catalogue like the older Command & Conquer games. It used to be called origin access.

If it is now the same thing, I was expecting their other games to make it to steam. I recently had a hankering to play some Red Alert 2, but I can't find the CDs, was waiting to see what EA play would provide.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

I think you get a 10% discount on the $500 worth of DLC available...

Pffft she gets the base game and she’s gonna like it!

I’d have to see how much she likes the 4 before getting any of that DLC that’s for sure.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Whatever "type" there is for a Sims 4 player my wife definitely falls into that category. She bought the knitting expansion pack the second it was available.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

explosivo posted:

?

Looking at the Steam page there is no mention of older EA Sports titles (FIFA 20, Madde 20 etc), but you do get them on Origin. I think the 21 titles will be on Steam going forward.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Raffles posted:

Looking at the Steam page there is no mention of older EA Sports titles (FIFA 20, Madde 20 etc), but you do get them on Origin. I think the 21 titles will be on Steam going forward.

Ah okay that makes sense. EA Access seems like the greatest hits then while if you want the rest of the catalog you gotta go to Origin Access. Not confusing at all!

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Isn't the subscription connected to your EA account? You would probably get the full catalog if you log into Origin.

edit: or not.

"Please note: while EA Play is available on multiple platforms your membership is tied to the platform you joined on."

ymgve fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Aug 31, 2020

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Wasteland 3 first impressions: There's a part in the tutorial where you can instakill you entire party by attacking an enemy thus rendering the half an hour you spent on character creation useless as nothing is saved between completing character creation and making that fateful attack five minutes into the turorial.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Classic

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Black Griffon posted:

Wasteland 3 first impressions: There's a part in the tutorial where you can instakill you entire party by attacking an enemy thus rendering the half an hour you spent on character creation useless as nothing is saved between completing character creation and making that fateful attack five minutes into the turorial.

Sorry I laughed but LOL.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Black Griffon posted:

u sound owned

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
that's life in the Wasteland.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Mordja posted:

u sound owned

Listen, I prefer working up to getting owned, getting to know the owner and such.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
oh sure its all funny now but when yoko taro makes you replay the first 30 minutes because you got wrecked by the first boss everyone is all "wheres my autosaves :qq:"

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Black Griffon posted:

Listen here Ranger, do you think Mastermind cares about your drat party?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Phoenix Wright trilogy is 15$ on chrono.gg today, get on that if you haven't played 'em

https://www.chrono.gg/

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Black Griffon posted:

Is it the enemy where the game literally tells you "We can't stress enough how much this enemy will gently caress you up if you try to attack it"?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

steinrokkan posted:

Is it the enemy where the game literally tells you "We can't stress enough how much this enemy will gently caress you up if you try to attack it"?

lol even better.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

steinrokkan posted:

lmao

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

I mean that would be very funny, but it's the very first robot you meet before you even have a chance to save.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

steinrokkan posted:

Yeah the game is very clear about it, and if you look at the robot it has 600 HP and like 40 armor

Black Griffon posted:

I mean that would be very funny, but it's the very first robot you meet before you even have a chance to save.

You can just hit f5 or make a save though...

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Game report tiiiime

Gyromancer: okay I'm on board with this game I love listening to podcasts/watching videos while working on finding all the stuff in each stage. Good puzzling!

They Are Billions: "the campaign is bad" everyone said well too bad I need to see how bad for myself. first mission was OK, kinda slow.

Dawn of War 1: mission two had a stealth sequence and it felt weird but then I had to kill five million orks and it owned, I love this game. just wish I could alt-tab without crashing it tho.

and finally:

DUSK: the shotgun reload animation is the terminator 2 flip and I am in LOVE :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Grapplejack posted:

You can just hit f5 or make a save though...

Not during the opening fight (I tried), and like I mentioned it was not the gently caress-you-up robot (I hosed that one up).