Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Klaus boys for life

Came here to post this. I've always liked Klaus and never got the hate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Klaus has some of the most hilarious lines on the show, sign me up as a member of Klaus's boys.

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business
Gentlemen, please, it is Klaus's Boyz with a Z.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Klaus is hilarious precisely because everyone hates him being a popular character would ruin his enthusiastic desperation which makes him so funny

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Bliggers- posted:

Gentlemen, please, it is Klaus's Boyz with a Z.

Someone get a mod to make a new gang tag.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Klaus is hilarious precisely because everyone hates him being a popular character would ruin his enthusiastic desperation which makes him so funny

He's also a genuinely awful person sometimes. I like him in the way I like the cast of IASIP

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

The episode where they showed Klaus's Boyz in Florida are actually real and he wasn't lying blew my mind. I genuinely believed he was lying and they were going to an empty house. After so many years this show can somehow still surprise me.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

limp_cheese posted:

The episode where they showed Klaus's Boyz in Florida are actually real and he wasn't lying blew my mind. I genuinely believed he was lying and they were going to an empty house. After so many years this show can somehow still surprise me.

You also get the distinct impression he's a desperate hanger-on there too

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Klaus is great, but there was a long stretch of seasons where they did barely anything with him, like he'd have maybe one or two lines in most episodes, if anyone acknowledged him at all it would be just to be mean to him, and he would get maybe one B-plot where he has a role in it per season, like you could tell the writers had no idea what to do with him since he's a fish and since they couldn't put him in another body or kill him off they just kinda had him there not doing anything(Family Guy has the same problem with Chris and sometimes Meg)

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew
couple episodes back where roger and steve interrupt klaus at the doorstep of that persian lady he had been engaged with

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Klaus' crying is always funny.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

drrockso20 posted:

since they couldn't put him in another body

...I've actually always been curious about this, because they've used the idea for jokes multiple times, but it always seems to be with the assumption that they have to maintain status quo and make him a fish again by the end. Like, to the point where characters are basically making meta jokes about how he's not allowed to be anything other than a fish.

It would make a little sense if they're locked into it because the show's reran out-of-order and they're not supposed to do Continuity Things, but... they've had long-term continuity before, with stuff like Jeff getting abducted by aliens and the Christmas episodes, so that's clearly not why. Given they clearly have a lot of trouble making him work as a goldfish, you'd think they'd have turned him into a gorilla or a koala or something by now.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

🎵🎶 I quit, I give up, nothing's good enough for anybody else

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

...I've actually always been curious about this, because they've used the idea for jokes multiple times, but it always seems to be with the assumption that they have to maintain status quo and make him a fish again by the end. Like, to the point where characters are basically making meta jokes about how he's not allowed to be anything other than a fish.

It would make a little sense if they're locked into it because the show's reran out-of-order and they're not supposed to do Continuity Things, but... they've had long-term continuity before, with stuff like Jeff getting abducted by aliens and the Christmas episodes, so that's clearly not why. Given they clearly have a lot of trouble making him work as a goldfish, you'd think they'd have turned him into a gorilla or a koala or something by now.

This has been a weird thing for a long time, like the episode where he got put in a black guy's body was originally supposed to end with him now in a Parrot instead of another goldfish

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Roger makes a perfect duck.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I love bro Klaus. I also love the Klaus that ruins everything despite the odds being entirely in his favor (Danuta, Omar).

Zero One posted:

Roger makes a perfect duck.

I laughed when he said he had duck responsibilities. Just a funny phrase/mental image.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
hayley eats like i do

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The jokes were funny, but...well, do you ever get unreasonably annoyed with the core premise of a comedy show? Even though you know the internal logic isn't really that important and it's all just a set set up for gags, it still irritates you for reasons you can't really explain?

Well, that's how I felt about this one.

If Francine wanted to go fly fishing she could just GO fly fishing, she didn't need Stan to come with her. It's not an activity that requires two people, fishing is something that you can do solo (for many people that's the main appeal). If Francine enjoys fly fishing and Stand doesn't then that isn't something they should do as a couple, she can just keep doing it on her own (it'd be good for her to have a hobby that gets her out of the house and away from stirring empty bowls in the dark all day) and they can find something else to do together that they both enjoy.

Again, I thought it was a funny episode, but it was built around a problem that should have been a non-issue.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

The jokes were funny, but...well, do you ever get unreasonably annoyed with the core premise of a comedy show? Even though you know the internal logic isn't really that important and it's all just a set set up for gags, it still irritates you for reasons you can't really explain?

If Francine wanted to go fly fishing she could just GO fly fishing, she didn't need Stan to come with her. It's not an activity that requires two people, fishing is something that you can do solo (for many people that's the main appeal). If Francine enjoys fly fishing and Stand doesn't then that isn't something they should do as a couple, she can just keep doing it on her own (it'd be good for her to have a hobby that gets her out of the house and away from stirring empty bowls in the dark all day) and they can find something else to do together that they both enjoy.

Again, I thought it was a funny episode, but it was built around a problem that should have been a non-issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mb_6UOAj_D0

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

https://i.imgur.com/0bCqTAd.mp4

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Ok, now you're making me laugh.

And makin' me kind of hot...

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I finally saw Roger Loves Dick.

Don't see why that was pulled from airing.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I know, believe me I know. It is the stupidest possible thing to be even slightly bothered about.

And yet.......I am.

JUST GO loving FLY FISHING FRANCINE! CHRIST!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

The only river was dammed!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Ahh! My Pan's Labyrinth eyes!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

She specifically wanted an activity they could do as a couple though, and Stan's rejected a ton of their previous ideas. It was a combination of this and her really enjoying fly fishing that is the catalyst of the conflict in this episode.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Jonas Albrecht posted:

She specifically wanted an activity they could do as a couple though, and Stan's rejected a ton of their previous ideas. It was a combination of this and her really enjoying fly fishing that is the catalyst of the conflict in this episode.

You realize you're trying to explain relationships to goons right?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

How many episodes have included being chased by cultish mobs of hick weirdoes?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Brawnfire posted:

Not enough.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Brawnfire posted:

I mean they do live in Virginia.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

socialsecurity posted:

I mean they do live in Virginia.

:hmmyes:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I bet reservoir people are the same everywhere in this country to be fair

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

im in favor of more of whatever it was that got us a dude sliding across the hood of his car right into an alligator mouth

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
such a great sight gag

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

No Luck Needed posted:

couple episodes back where roger and steve interrupt klaus at the doorstep of that persian lady he had been engaged with

I thought she was Armenian

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I thought the episode was fine but the lake stuff felt like the b plot of an episode stretched out to main.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Yeah, I wasn’t hugely taken with the episode either. It felt slightly lazy.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

There were enough good jokes/sight gags to keep it going. I thought it was better than last week’s.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I'm still chuckling at the Dolly Parton gag. And duck Roger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

The Roger duck gag was so short but I loved it. My favorite part is when he quacked at the smaller ducks a few times before saying "let's roll". I don't know why but Roger as a duck was so believable.