Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
I didn’t play the beta or watch any videos. Does caps shield make a satisfying donk sound as it ricochets off enemy skulls y/n?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Good Citizen posted:

I didn’t play the beta or watch any videos. Does caps shield make a satisfying donk sound as it ricochets off enemy skulls y/n?

The sound design in the game is a little flat at times, I can't remember how Cap's shield sounds, which is probably not a great sign, it feels good to use, though, you can do all the funky tricks like flinging it, hitting multiple people and then kicking it back at them super hard when it returns to you.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Raged posted:

Why the gently caress are their lovely stealth sections in this game?

Please tell me you can play them as the hulk.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Dan Didio posted:

The sound design in the game is a little flat at times, I can't remember how Cap's shield sounds, which is probably not a great sign, it feels good to use, though, you can do all the funky tricks like flinging it, hitting multiple people and then kicking it back at them super hard when it returns to you.

With marvel heroes dead I guess that’ll have to do

Preordered

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

jabro posted:

Please tell me you can play them as the hulk.

You can't, sorry, no Ultimate Destruction Bruce Banner levels for you, unless there's a big surprise coming later in the game.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
i watched my brother play this and they made a mobile game, slapped some ps4 assest, wrote a lovely story on top of it and shipped it?

everyone stop playing this and play wasteland 3 instead

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Is Willpower the name for health in this game?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Yes.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

RatHat posted:

Is Willpower the name for health in this game?

they never really explained what any of the stats did in beta and everyone seemed to do damage at the same rate so who the gently caress knows? (but yeah, that's health)

I mean, even just a noticable difference in unenhanced stat numbers along with an inherent character specific gimmick would have helped. If Hulk did noticeably more damage at the start and didn't get knocked down except by giant enemies, that would have made things way cooler.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Explanation of damage types.
https://youtu.be/Cbp2RXHqLvk
I’m sure there’s a prompt in the game or a menu in a menu that also explains this, but this is easier.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Liar Lyre posted:

Explanation of damage types.
https://youtu.be/Cbp2RXHqLvk
I’m sure there’s a prompt in the game or a menu in a menu that also explains this, but this is easier.

did anyone do one of these for the basic attributes? Like I guess the melee one makes melee damage go up and the ranged one makes ranged damage go up, but is the armor one straight point by point damage mitigation? A percentage? And there was a fourth one that might have been the willpower which is health, but also might not be, i forget

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
I can't decide which Thor outfit I like best, palette_swap_2 or palette_swap_7.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Having just read through the original Ms. Marvel run.....they actually really nailed Kamala in the campaign (which is also way better so far than the beta indicated). Like....even her dad is really well-realized?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

VanillaGorilla posted:

Having just read through the original Ms. Marvel run.....they actually really nailed Kamala in the campaign (which is also way better so far than the beta indicated). Like....even her dad is really well-realized?

Yeah, the early bits with her dad feel like they're ripped right out of the first arc or two of the comics. There's a bit a little later on with Tony that's also really good.

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013
The writing and dialogue all seem genuinely awful from the twitch streams iv'e seen and everything else looks bland and focus tested to death. Taskmaster sounds awful.

Also slightly discolored ledges to show you where to grab, we still doing this poo poo? If you are going to make traversal this perfunctory, just make it a cut-scene because this diet uncharted is tired as gently caress.

Dpulex fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Sep 1, 2020

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
The campaign is 8 hours long? the gently caress

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

The REAL Goobusters posted:

The campaign is 8 hours long? the gently caress

I think you'd have to mainline it, I'm at about eight to ten hours right now and I still haven't got half the roster.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Enjoying it so far but the game has some really bad audio mixing problems, at least on PS4. It seems like a lot of dialogue wasn't equalized so some of it becomes almost inaudible.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Enjoying it so far but the game has some really bad audio mixing problems, at least on PS4. It seems like a lot of dialogue wasn't equalized so some of it becomes almost inaudible.

I'm playing with 3d stereo headphones and I'm not getting any issues with dialogue but environmental sounds and other stuff seems to waver in intensity a little bit, it does seem like it's not being mixed together properly, or it was mixed on some very specific setting that's not really replicated anywhere, I don't know.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
This game is just plain ole bad.

Hey, you want to co-op the story with your friends lol get hosed we don't even give you the option. Here play with a bot.

We also threw in really mushy non-responsive combat and so much bullshit on the screen you will never be able to block poo poo.

I really hope you like robots.

Raged fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Sep 1, 2020

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.
On the flip side -- I think the game is good. Maybe the end-game won't be great, but the campaign will at least be worth my money. Anything else is gravy vOv

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm pleasantly surprised that the campaign is actually a Crystal Dynamics campaign rather than just a tutorial with some VO. I know they said they were doing that, but I didn't think they actually would be able to.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah the story so far is really good. Making Kamala the star was a great call.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Got my deluxe edition this morning, and the code jn the PS box is for their stupid Square Enix site. Which then tells me the code is invalid, and theres only email support for the moment as their live chats are down for months.

Why couldn't they have just used a PSN code like every single other developer on the drat console?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Square Enix is a very stupid company.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
I enjoy the story missions but then it gets to faction rep with daily assignments and I can't care about that at all. Also, kind of getting a little tired of seeing the exact same underground aim facility over and over

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Scylo posted:

I enjoy the story missions but then it gets to faction rep with daily assignments and I can't care about that at all. Also, kind of getting a little tired of seeing the exact same underground aim facility over and over

This is just a feature of Destiny-like games as service, honestly. You hope that the gameplay/dressup simulator is good enough to justify the grind, except Avengers took out the dressup simulator part. I'm a huge mark for Numbers Go Up, though, so I'm not that worried about it.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Kamala is kind of annoying lol

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Only played around a little with Thor's full kit, but he and Cap feel ridiculously strong.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass
Can you replay the campaign missions?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

PlushCow posted:

Can you replay the campaign missions?

Yes. Maybe not the intro.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hate how there's no way to upgrade to the deluxe after purchasing the standard on aystation. I'm a man child i wanna play now!!!

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Can you not cancel pre-orders where you are?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh didn't know you could do that on Playstation, I'll check into it. Thanks

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

It's been a long time since I've done it, but you used to be able to in Australia, at least, so long as you hadn't downloaded it.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Empress Brosephine posted:

Oh didn't know you could do that on Playstation, I'll check into it. Thanks

gotta wait until you can get ahold of ps support. I bought the digital thinking I'll just get a refund on the standard later today, but my countdown last night went from 1 hour to 3 days after it finished!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

There’s a huge War Table dev stream today at 1PM ET. We are getting the road map today. Very important stream my friends!

http://twitter.com/PlayAvengers/status/1300523754288603136

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.
Didn't expect Kate to be one of the first post-launch heroes, but it sounds like Kate/Clint are coming as a package? They said they considered them a "double feature."

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

No roadmap revealed at all.

Not good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.
C'mon ICR, it'll be fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine.

That's what we told eachother after Anthem's launch in discord, wasn't it?